Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

Dunno fella ,there were loads off people getting the 1st jab at Addenbrookes yesterday,,,,,but now I had to come home from work cos my wife feels terrible,,,she has gone to bed ,,,I am with my youngest boy .

hopefully she can shift the aches and headache,,,I think there now should be a total lockdown,,only emergency services,,key workers allowed out ,,,no building works etc etc for a couple of weeks .

anyway the wife had the 1st jab ,,,but she won’t be totally covered until the 2nd jab ,,she still has to test herself after every shift 

42 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

So again I have just heard a GP on the radio stating she was expected to complete 20 hours of training and complete excessive paperwork to be able to give Covid injections. This process will cause some potential jabbers to be put off and not offer their time or service.

i heard a Senior Minister when told of this last week (Matt Hancock?) say he would personally endure this craziness (Civil Service Madness??) would cease immediately.

Apparently the reason for the rate reducing factor at the moment is the supply of the vaccine but down the line it will be the amount of jabbers and the hours (vaccines) they give.

When there are so obvious indications of possible inefficiency why aren't our rabble rousing troublemaking journalists consistently asking questions to get accurate answers.

Does anyone on this forum have more information? How is such a vital service of vaccine roll out showing signs of restriction in the future not being shouted from the rooftops.

Am I the only one that thinks if we had 50,000 Jabbers working 24 hours a day it would not be enough to fight Covid and allow people to return to normal life. 

Has the UK lost its efficiency. Have our standards been downgraded. Are we as inefficient in World Standards as our Covid figures suggest.?????

This pandemic is unprecedented. That means there is absolutely zilch information to base any decisions on. It has been a case of 'best guesses' provided by scientists who don't always agree. The initial  decisions that were  tried were, basically, theoretical. As more was learned about the virus ways of dealing with the problem were modified or changed. Because all viruses mutate, so practices that worked became obsolete and the way the virus was tackled had to be redesigned. 

For me, I fully understand people's frustrations and fears. However, I I feel that much of the criticism (usually based on hindsight) is an emotional reaction. This isn't a single problem but several. Even worse, taking action to solve one invariably worsens and adversely effects others. This results in these emotional reactions being seen as selfish people are protecting their own interests. 

Although it was known another pandemic happening was extremely likely, exactly when is impossible to predict. More importantly, one as deadly and vicious as this was totally unexpected. Apart from South Korea, which still had everything in place from the Mers pandemic in 2012, no country in the world had anything in place to deal with coronavirus. Globally the Mers pandemic had  only 2400 cases world wide with over a third dying.

The logistics required to Implement any course of action the length and breadth of England is tremendously massive. Trying to implement a country wide vaccination programme at his stage of the pandemic was always going to be hugely difficult. To get it up and running smoothly in a short period of time was never a possibility. At my sisters surgery they have 5 nurses doing the vaccinating. Multiply that by all the surgeries, hospitals and special hubs set up for this and you are talking several thousand places. The NHS is being inundated with the influx of new Covid-19 cases so there are no spare staff there to use. The number of people and vehicles to get the vaccine to those vaccinating centres is also in the thousands. To get this off the ground and running in the unrealistic timescale that is being demanded, in my opinion was never a possibility. It certainly doesn't deserve all the criticism being hurled at those doing there best to set it up. We should be encouraging those involved in the process and not reaching in a way that hurts and demoralising them. 

That's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

This pandemic is unprecedented. That means there is absolutely zilch information to base any decisions on. It has been a case of 'best guesses' provided by scientists who don't always agree. The initial  decisions that were  tried were, basically, theoretical. As more was learned about the virus ways of dealing with the problem were modified or changed. Because all viruses mutate, so practices that worked became obsolete and the way the virus was tackled had to be redesigned. 

For me, I fully understand people's frustrations and fears. However, I I feel that much of the criticism (usually based on hindsight) is an emotional reaction. This isn't a single problem but several. Even worse, taking action to solve one invariably worsens and adversely effects others. This results in these emotional reactions being seen as selfish people are protecting their own interests. 

Although it was known another pandemic happening was extremely likely, exactly when is impossible to predict. More importantly, one as deadly and vicious as this was totally unexpected. Apart from South Korea, which still had everything in place from the Mers pandemic in 2012, no country in the world had anything in place to deal with coronavirus. Globally the Mers pandemic had  only 2400 cases world wide with over a third dying.

The logistics required to Implement any course of action the length and breadth of England is tremendously massive. Trying to implement a country wide vaccination programme at his stage of the pandemic was always going to be hugely difficult. To get it up and running smoothly in a short period of time was never a possibility. At my sisters surgery they have 5 nurses doing the vaccinating. Multiply that by all the surgeries, hospitals and special hubs set up for this and you are talking several thousand places. The NHS is being inundated with the influx of new Covid-19 cases so there are no spare staff there to use. The number of people and vehicles to get the vaccine to those vaccinating centres is also in the thousands. To get this off the ground and running in the unrealistic timescale that is being demanded, in my opinion was never a possibility. It certainly doesn't deserve all the criticism being hurled at those doing there best to set it up. We should be encouraging those involved in the process and not reaching in a way that hurts and demoralising them. 

That's just my opinion. 

James I agree with all you say I aim no criticism at those setting up and working in the vaccination centres.

Throughout the Pandemic I have been annoyed and upset  with those who with the benefit  of hindsight have criticised but have also been reluctant to give a prediction of what action should be carried out.

I fully back Boris and his Pandemic team but am astute enough to know mistakes have been made but due to the complexity of the Pandemic they are complaints that will serve lessons for those dealing with similar situations it he future.

One of Boris's major failures which has never been explained and I don't know the importance of it being inefficient is the trace and track system. Boris called it World Class when it was introduced and I recall it certainly wasn't in the early weeks. I don't really hear much about it now so I don't know if it is now an effective system. I'm 67 and the wife 64 and have both had Cancer in recent years couldn't sign up for the NHS App because our 2,year old Mobile phones weren't the right IOS or something. Our phones are 30 months old. I would have thought any App system should have included us  as vulnerable people. However, my concern over the Vaccine has nothing to do with my circumstances but after 12 months notice of the Pandemic and to be honest it has not all been efficiency all the way the one thing the Government can control is an efficient administrative logistical system to introduce the Vaccine.

I will be amazed if the issue of Vaccine is problem free. Production hold ups, Distribution hold ups, Weather, Administrative problems,Number and Availability of Jabbers and possibly negligence will all have their affect.

Promises of 2Million Jabs a week and increased numbers as the service is used and increased in the future may well be the way of it and this madness may reduce to the annual concern of the flu. With foresight and not waiting to quote hindsight I am just slightly concerned that like the track and trace system we have all the enthusiasm for  the Vaccine but also concerns about an over officious system to give a Jab.

This last?? Phase of this Pandemic is the most important. For the immediate future of Health,Economy,Mentality, The NHS, and everything that runs our daily routine this has to be a slick and efficient operation. I await the regular news updates to confirm this is happening.

For me, Boris and his team's biggest mistake is that from the beginning they badly underestimated the complexity of the situation. This led to them phrasing their intentions implying they would be providing a world beating best. They set specific targets instead of aims with warnings that changes may be needed. With hindsight, I'm sure they would have done things differently. They have learned and no longer make sweeping statements. 

Every country has failed to come up with a solution to satisfactorily deal with all of the different problems as it is insoluble. Every country is being accused of making mistakes. 

I just don't like the use of the word mistake with regard to how the pandemic has been tackled. I don't believe there is an absolutely correct way of beating this pandemic. Firstly dealing with one problem worsens other problems. Secondly, there is no way in this country of forcing people to obey the rules/laws. Thirdly, to stop the country collapsing into bankruptcy the Chancellor is having to borrow to unsustainable levels. Fourthly, a massive number of third world countries will not able to keep it under any sort of control leaving a gate way for it to re-enter into the UK. 

My biggest fear is that this problem is a virus. Like  Flu, Covid-19 cannot be eradicated like polio was. More frighteningly, it can mutate into different forms and may be like Flu so that we need the jab every year. Where as Flu is quite mild in comparison, Covid-19 is far more deadly and can spread like wild fire. 

The problem now, as I see it, will be getting through to the population the fact that the 'normal' lifestyle they crave getting back to is unlikely to happen for a long time - maybe decades. It is pointless imagining a near Utopian existence is a human right. They must face the truth that they have to reduce there standard of living. 

It is of little consequence to me.

I have lived my life. Sadly I have no family to worry about. The pneumonia and Covid-19 have buggered my lungs up so that it is unlikely I will play badminton again or get back to enjoying exercise in the gym. The rest of my life is likely to be simply existing it out. It will be without much of how I wanted to see my last year's out not being available to me. 

At least I can follow Spurs and keep my mind active with my drivel on here. 

COYS 

I have seen a picture of a crowd of hundreds outside of Marine's ground to see Spurs coach arrive at the ground. All looked young, of course. 

With the virus becoming more prevalent among the clubs with incidents by these covidiots, it doesn't need for this current spike to wren much more before football to be banned again. 

Without football on TV, my life will be excruciatingly boring.

It needs Draconian punishments to stop it happening and I suggest this. Take their phones off them, wipe them clean so they lose every thing off it plus all stored and cloud. Do not return them for 6 months with a ban they are not allowed to replace them. If they do confiscate them. 

COYS 

thats the bit they need to strenghten, the punishments  

those two ladies fined for driving 5 miles to walk in a country park, i get what they did and its safer to drive those 5 miles than walk them but its still against the guidelines, but now the police have apologised, why? its not like they beat them or harrassed them, they were doing it to protect them and others not to be tough

MArchers protesters  party people,  just shoot them, no mercy, theyre scum 

i said at the very outset, put people like that on a register, bottom of queue for NHS .benefits/jobs when this is all over etc , instead some of them are probably on level 5 for the vaccine while im on level 9 , yeh thats fair id rather they were shot dead instead of everyone shaking their heads in disbelief about them, Believe its happening, and they dont care so dont care about them 

After some 2 weeks not feeling breathless, hardly coughing and feeling reasonably well, this morning the cough and breathlessness have returned with tiredness in my legs. Oh well! In the great scheme of things, it is sod all really. 

Because generally the ill effects of this Covid-19 are relatively minor for some 90% of those who catch it, a large percentage of the population must now be aware of this. It is probably why so many are selfishly blatantly ignoring the correct procedures. It does not seem to be impinging on people, that if they unknowingly pass the illness on, they are quite likely to be starting a chain . This chain may include some deaths leaving grieving families. 

It is about time that the Government put out the message that those who ignore the rules are pariahs who may have blood on their hands. Name and shame offenders. Make the punishment 4 weeks of isolation with a £1000 fine if they don't keep to it. If they don't have the money to pay it, then send in the bailiffs to recover it taking their possessions. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

It would appear that contracting Covid-19 and surviving will only grant you temporary immunity and will not stop your ability to transmit the virus ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

Interesting but worrying. 

My fears that this constantly mutating virus will severely restrict any return to the normal we were used to have been reignited by this article. There is a new variant in Brazil that the Government is concerned about. They may have to stop all but essential movement between the UK and Brazil and possibly South America. 

It just needs one of these variants to not being covered by the vaccine, and fairly severe restrictions will still remain. 

Also, having had it once not necessarily meaning it can't be caught again is disappointing - especially and mainly, as when caught again, it may not show symptoms so it can be passed onto others unknowingly. 

I had written off next year for resuming holidays. Having caught it and hoping to be vaccinated this month, I had hoped to go to Tenerife in October. To avoid disappointment, I think I will write off 2021.

COYS 

Not working tomorrow cos my boss had to get tested for Covid after his other place off work Stamford stone have had an out break off the virus ,,,,none off my bosses stonemasons,,,just all the other fellas that work for Stamford stone ,,fingers crossed he is ok ,,I saw him this morning before he was informed by the big bosses at Stamford,,,my other boss still wanted me to go to work tomorrow,,I declined his request explaining the result don’t come back for 24 hrs ,,,if I went to work stopped in Tesco’s,,the bakers etc and the other boss tested positive I might have passed it on to others ,,he said you won’t cos you where a mask ,,amazingly 

19 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Not working tomorrow cos my boss had to get tested for Covid after his other place off work Stamford stone have had an out break off the virus ,,,,none off my bosses stonemasons,,,just all the other fellas that work for Stamford stone ,,fingers crossed he is ok ,,I saw him this morning before he was informed by the big bosses at Stamford,,,my other boss still wanted me to go to work tomorrow,,I declined his request explaining the result don’t come back for 24 hrs ,,,if I went to work stopped in Tesco’s,,the bakers etc and the other boss tested positive I might have passed it on to others ,,he said you won’t cos you where a mask ,,amazingly 

Hopefully he will be clear. If not, hopefully he is fit and healthy and will not be too unwell with it if my experience is anything to go on. He'll be able to work from home with it for the 10 days he is isolating. 

You were right to decline. You have a family at home so be careful and self isolate until you know the result.

COYS

My stepson took his partner to a testing station this morning in Norfolk as she was showing symptoms. They will know within 24 hours. I was surprised that he was not tested as well but I presume in an effort to minimise workload as much as possible only people with symptoms have to take the test. He is showing none at present.

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

He should have got tested aswell fella,,hope that everyone is ok mate 

Cheers mate, apparently the new ruling is that only people who are showing symptoms get tested. If Vicky is negative then fine but if she tests positive they must both self isolate for 14 days.