Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

6 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Having had Covid-19 and my first vaccine jab, it appears I am not necessarily immune from catching this virus again. It simply means it is unlikely to kill me and the effects will be much less! Also, my current immunity to not catching it again may only be 6 months! 

That implies to me that it will be require immunising the whole population twice a year! Also, as this virus keeps mutating and is becoming very contagious and fast spreading, the current restrictions cannot be fully lifted  as new spikes may reoccur. 

This long tunnel, supposedly with a light at the end, appears to be lengthening as time passes rather than shortening. 

I'm sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news, but I feel more honesty is needed rather than false hopes. 

COYS 

12 hours ago, Borodin said:

Interesting statistic...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56033813

Personally I don't think the true story of just how deadly this virus is for the average person with relatively good health will ever materialise.

I used to think of disabled people having severe physical problems. Now I look at it as including many with only mildly affecting their lives being given disabled cards to park cars in disabled spaces. These people are mainly OAPs. 

I have seen these supposedly disabled people getting in and out of their cars in the super market car parks.

They are far from being in my disabled category. They get cards for being asthmatic, having emphysema, supposedly not being able to walk too far etc - normal old age type infirmities. I suspect that the figure is misleading in as much that the perimeters to being described as disabled has changed to include the elderly having the usual old age ailments. 

Too many of those who look at reports simply publish them having no understanding of how they should be read.

You know me - I probably get up people's noses as I don't simply look at the subject, but how it fits into the big picture looking for substantiating facts that provide reasons. 

COYS 

17 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Too many of those who look at reports simply publish them having no understanding of how they should be read.

I totally agree and that was exactly my point. Covid related figures can be manipulated to suit whatever set of criteria the Government wish it to. We have seen reports how it's deadliness is related to age, underlying health problems, race, regional area, social status etc etc.

Bren and I used to look at the figures every morning and follow the news avidly. Now after months (and months) of being in level 5 lockdown and with no clear indication of when such restrictions will be lifted we never bother. This does not mean we are indifferent to the suffering and hurt of others but we simply found continually reading such distressing news was having an extremely negative effect on our overall disposition.

These days we hardly ever watch 'daytime TV' and our newspaper is the weekly regional one called the Connaught Tribune which obviously concentrates on local issues only. We busy ourselves with normal household chores and then usually settle down in the afternoon to watch a film or TV Series. The grandchildren gave us a password for Disney Plus just before Christmas and we have both become avid fans of an old series called Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. So far we have watched 69 episodes with just 58 remaining :three:. It's a great way to 'switch off' from the outside World. Then invariably there is a football match on later in the evening. :16:. We both long for the Spring when we can get back into the garden.

My view is that just like with any other data the Covid 19 figures can be made to show whatever trend or pattern someone wants them to. I do not deny that there have been an exact number of deaths within a certain period of time in a particular area but I do have my doubts as to the level of accuracy with which such fatalities can be directly attributed to the virus. There are so many other variables that could be put into the pot. Undoubtedly it has had a catastrophic effect upon the lives of millions and every precaution should be taken to avoid transmitting or receiving this virus, of that I am 100% certain, I just remain cautious when seeing relative statistics because (as you quite rightly point out) of the many variables that lie within qualifying 'groups' of society.

It is one year ago today that the World Health Organisation officially recognised the Covid 19 situation as being a pandemic. It's been a long, hard and tragic 12 months. Let us hope the corner is now turned.

13 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It is one year ago today that the World Health Organisation officially recognised the Covid 19 situation as being a pandemic. It's been a long, hard and tragic 12 months. Let us hope the corner is now turned.

I personally am pleased that it has been possible to develop a vaccine as quickly as they did. I can't see it returning life back to the pre pandemic norm, as the virus cannot be eradicated. The poorer countries will struggle to contain it to the level the richer countries are achieving. That suggests totally stopping it being imported into the UK is nigh on impossible. Also with a virus being able to mutate, it means any fresh outbreak may well need the vaccine tinkering with and people being re-vaccinated. 

All that said, by the end of the summer, most of the restrictions will have been lifted. There will have to be test and trace systems and a mass vaccination system kept in place for perhaps a couple of years until the poorer countries have brought the virus under control. 

I am hoping that we can get back to an acceptable level which we wiil all learn to live with. However, we have to remember that this virus is a bigger killer than flu. Also, as they are finding out, that when anyone who gets Covid it doesn't end when you get over the initial illness. It appears one variant of it, which they are calling long Covid, has relapses in one's general health. I had the illness in November. I appeared to be over it by mid December. Today I had my 3rd relapse and had to call 999. The ambulance was here in 10 minutes and the paramedics were with me for 3 hours testing me and showing me techniques to slowly recover. Luckily, and they put it down to me being so fit and strong at 81 that I recovered enough to avoid going to hospital. 

Seeing the covidiots on the news not following the rules and precautions, that suggests to me it will not be reasonably safe to mix in large gatherings. My advice to you guys is to take every precaution not to catch it. My life this year has been severely affected with these Irritating relapses - that is why there have been days when I haven't posted. On a bad day I am feeling shattered, very breathless just moving around the house and getting dizzy and wobbly when I stand up. I just get totally fed up and can't be bothered to motivate myself. I think that is why I have been posting more negatively this year. 

Don't take a chance and bend the rules. Believe you me, the actual initial illness is easily copeable. The worst part may well be the 10 days isolation. However, if you get long Covid, it wil seriously interfere with your life. 

COYS 

I have suddenly become exhausted again despite just having sat in my armchair all afternoon. I may have to take myself off to bed after my evening meal which will be a bugger as I will miss the match. 

If I have to call 999 it will almost certainly be a hospital job, so I am holding off for the moment. 

Fingers crossed for tonight. 

COYS 

Well mate I hope ya feel better after a kip ,,,my nieces daughter Lydia went back to school Monday ,,,rushed in my house Tuesday for an emergency wee wee ,,( she is 6 ) before school which is very close to my house ,,,tested positive for COVID-19 today ,,my wife had an emergency test today ,,,she has had the 1st part of the vaccine,,I stayed at work ,,the medical people said it should be fine .

now on Tuesday my area off south Cambridge was declared Covid free ,,now over 100 kids sent home from one secondary school ,,,50 from the primary school near me ,,another 50 from the other one,,,and the other secondary school starts next week ,,,it’s going through the schools like Wilde fire ,,,,it’s not even been a week 

30 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I get it 2 days before my 65th birthday, but I still can't believe I am that old !

I'll be 66 in April...it has a way of creeping up on you I'm afraid...:two:

I'm happy to report that after my scare on Thursday which required me calling 999, today I am feeling almost human again. 

After lunch I have managed a 65 minute walk without getting breathless or having chest pains. Fingers crossed I don't have a relapse for sometime which might be an indication I am getting better. I was told by the 999 paramedics that this long Covid (as far as they currently know) lasts between 4 to 6 months. It is 3 1/2 months since I caught it. 

Hopefully, by the time I am 82 in July, I can return to being a living legend thrashing the young boys in their 50s and 60s on the badminton Court!! 

COYS 

Question :

When the Covid 19 restrictions are lifted and restaurants and pubs reopen what would you do on your very first night ? Would it be to take the wife out for a beautiful romantic meal or have a round of golf with your mates and then back to the pub for a skinfull and finish off with a curry ??

Here's your choices :

Jalfrezi , Madras, Tikka Masala, Biryani or a Rogan Josh ?? :6:

9 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Question :

When the Covid 19 restrictions are lifted and restaurants and pubs reopen what would you do on your very first night ? Would it be to take the wife out for a beautiful romantic meal or have a round of golf with your mates and then back to the pub for a skinfull and finish off with a curry ??

Here's your choices :

Jalfrezi , Madras, Tikka Masala, Biryani or a Rogan Josh ?? :6:

Definitely golf,rake of cold pints,chicken tikka,taxi home,forget me key,wife gets up goin mad,I fall in on the floor and say I swear I’m not drunk,two stitches in me head,diying hungover the next day,wife kids and grandkids in me ear all day,feel sorry for meself,and would I do it again.............you better believe it baby!!!!!!

Fish and chips in a coastal resort or a traditional English Sunday roast.

For me, Indian and Chinese food in the UK is cultured to English tastes. Having eaten proper Asian food in  countries of their origin, I have never particularly used them in England. In fact, nor in any of the European countries around the Mediterranean as they are no different. 

COYS 

Well finally getting my jab today so just in case I have a blood clot I'm going to let you know my plans for my Ashes I've already told my missus I need some thrown out of the window of both my my cheap but precious Japanese sports cars at full VTEC chat outside the coastlines either Eastbourne Brighton or Devon but obviously I also like some put in in the cockerel at Tottenham Stadium or just on his head will do.

also like some putting a capsule in space do you think that's possible,  anyone's got Tim Peaks number let him know you can just put some in his pocket shake it out a bit like the Great Escape

An update on my long Covid situation.

The underlying post Covid effects have not fully disappeared. However, I think the light at the end of the tunnel may be returning. 

For a week or so, I have no longer been getting the extreme fatigue and the chest pains (my major concerns) occur less often and with less intensity. The extreme breathlessness now only comes on if I am going upstairs or uphill on my walks. I still have to be a tad careful when standing up if I have been sitting for a time, as I get slightly dizzy and can be a bit unsteady on my feet for a minute or two until it passes. Also, the Covid rash, as it is called, which spread all over my body, has finally cleared up.

It has been a pretty dismal few months since this pneumonia and Covid illnesses got me starting last August. Being in lockdown hasn't helped and there have been many days when I have been fed up to the back teeth.  that is totally out of character for me as I normally say, 'get over it and get on with life'. I am either getting old or not as tough as I thought I was. 

This week has being showing signs of improvement and my spirits are the best they have been for months. 

Of course, it could all come crashing down. There has been no EPL football so no worries and stress about our next game. Come the Newcastle game and I could be calling 999 again and instructing my solicitor to jointly sue JM and DL.   LOL

COYS

49 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

An update on my long Covid situation.

The underlying post Covid effects have not fully disappeared. However, I think the light at the end of the tunnel may be returning. 

For a week or so, I have no longer been getting the extreme fatigue and the chest pains (my major concerns) occur less often and with less intensity. The extreme breathlessness now only comes on if I am going upstairs or uphill on my walks. I still have to be a tad careful when standing up if I have been sitting for a time, as I get slightly dizzy and can be a bit unsteady on my feet for a minute or two until it passes. Also, the Covid rash, as it is called, which spread all over my body, has finally cleared up.

It has been a pretty dismal few months since this pneumonia and Covid illnesses got me starting last August. Being in lockdown hasn't helped and there have been many days when I have been fed up to the back teeth.  that is totally out of character for me as I normally say, 'get over it and get on with life'. I am either getting old or not as tough as I thought I was. 

This week has being showing signs of improvement and my spirits are the best they have been for months. 

Of course, it could all come crashing down. There has been no EPL football so no worries and stress about our next game. Come the Newcastle game and I could be calling 999 again and instructing my solicitor to jointly sue JM and DL.   LOL

COYS

I'm glad you're feeling better mate, luckily my mum's escaped covid but her health is so up and down now

So I had my jab that was a breeze but my mum decided to fall on the floor again literally half an hour before I had to get to my appointment so I hyper drove round there picked her up put her back into bed sort out the carer and maybe an ambulance we don't know and then get to my jab in time all done now eating a KFC to try and chill myself out on one side of my mouth munching.

I hear what you're saying it has been less stressful not watching Spurs you kinda miss it but you also think I don't need this grief at the moment

Write update on the jab I was totally fine till I tried to sleep last night and then it started teeth shattering and a full-blown man flu came over me banging headache shoulders bloody aching now because obviously I have a massive shoulder muscle, I've got Superman immune system so it's like I've swallowed kryptonite but I think I'm ok today lots of soup and painkillers and I'll be as right as rain today hopefully Mrs has no sympathy because she didn't get much symptoms I did my elderly mother thank God but I just trying to explain to her we get man flu try not to moan about it because we've big and strong in the first place so it's not nice to be weekend in some way I don't worry I'll be cutting the bushes with my hedge trimmer tomorrow with one arm like the hero I am:1579412966_emo1: