Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

A young boy like you getting a reaction from a small jab!! Tut! Tut!

Me, being a roughy toughy pre war baby, and while still recovering from pneumonia and Covid breezed through it. 

Unbelievably, the phone just rang and it was the Surgery booking me in for my 2nd Jab on the 9th of April

COYS 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:15 PM, Craig Truespur said:

Old times,10p to get on a bus for me when a pup.

Q

do we need face mask for a blow up doll

In pizza Express do I ask if chef from northern Italy 

Your reference to a blow up doll and this being a thread about a virus reminded me of the two guys who shared a flat. One was suddenly called away on business so he said to his mate "I have a parcel being delivered tomorrow and its private. On no account are you to open it, do you understand ?"..."Of course" was the reply "Wouldn't dream of it".

Next day a parcel arrived and the guy stared at it for hours, eventually his curiosity got the better of him and he opened it up. It was a blow up doll. Shocked but still curious the man inflated the doll and took it to bed with him to try out. The next morning he deflated it and folded it back carefully into the wrapping paper so his flatmate would never know. Three weeks later they were in a pub having a pint. The guy said "Excuse me asking, but you know that parcel that arrived for you while you were away"..."Yes" said the other one. "Would you mind telling me what was in it, I'm going mad trying to guess". His friend smiled and whispered "Don't tell another soul but it was one of those blow up dolls". Trying to act surprised the guy said "Bloody hell, are they realistic ?"...."Christ yes" said the other one "I got a dose off mine"

This is ridiculous.

I have felt reasonably well for a couple of days and this morning, as it is a fine day, I went for a 45 minute gentle walk at 2pm. Since then I haven't just felt physically tired. At the the same time I have felt sleepy tired and constantly yawning. 

I have been fighting off falling asleep. My worry is if I had gone to bed and not woken up for a few hours I would have missed my evening meal and then not known if I could have got any sleep tonight. 

I don't feel ill or unhealthy but have no energy and can't be bothered to apply myself to do anything as I also feel mentally tired. It's a real nuisance as I can't plan anything for tomorrow or the next few days. 

I get bored stiff and fed up and have no idea of how I can introduce some kind of normality to my life. I know a majority of those who get this virus either don't even know they have had it or hardly suffer from it. The thing is, until you get it, you won't know how it will affect you. There are many Covidiots who are taking the risk they will be one of the lucky majority. My advice is to not take that gamble. Although I am not very ill as such, I am bad enough that that it is totally buggering up my life with no apparent light at the end of the tunnel. 

Take all the precautions and stay safe. 

COYS 

Mate small steps will lead to big strides,,,,you not as fit cos off the illnesses,,,,so ya will be knackerd,,,,,and the fresh air and extra oxygen will make ya feel tired aswell cos your lungs are opening more ,,so there is more intake ,,,so walk ,,,then rest have strong tea and biscuits to get the sugar in your system,,then salsa dancing lol

I have been pretty miserable for the last few days. With the Newcastle and Utd results, they were of no help either. 

Hopefully today is the start of more normality and better health for me. I am feeling better than I have for a long time. 

I went to the gym this morning and it has lifted my spirits and raised my hopes. It was only light training, but my heart rate stayed between 85 and 97. Better still it dropped to the low 80s very quickly between sets. Speaking to my doctor friend he said it was the beta blockers working. Also the chest discomfort didn't come on which means the statins, beta blockers and aspirin I have been on for the last 6 weeks or so, are working. That, plus seeing all my friends and chatting to them has lifted the feeling of doom and gloom I have been struggling with. 

There may be no light at the end of the tunnel for Spurs, but it has, at least, returned for me. 

COYS 

I had my 2nd Jab last week. 

I have taken a photo copy of the email I received from the NHS saying my test result for Covid was positive. 

At the bottom I have added a copy of my bus pass to confirm I am the person named, and also a copy of my NHS card recording the dates and serial number of my 2 jabs which also has my name on it. 

For me that is the same as the "passport" they are talking about. Should an occasion arise in some pubs they are being stricter about letting people in, I wil carry this with me as proof. 

I'm unbearingly smug these days about having had Covid - it's a bit like wearing my army medals!! LOL

COYS 

Mate my wife said you would test positive cos you have just been injected with the Covid,,,you shouldn’t test yourself for a few days after the jab 

We can register for our first vaccinations over the next couple of days. Bren can do so tomorrow and I'll be 66 on Monday so can go online and apply then. (What a Birthday present). I'm hoping we will avoid Galway racecourse as the venue and get our local hospital instead. Whichever it is we shall be having the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I'm just back from taking Elaine for her 2nd jab. Both our jabs have been the Pfizer one.

Reports in the media lately, have suggested that booster jabs may be given in the autumn!! It implies there may be unsaid worries that some of the new strains in Brazil and India may not be protected against the current vaccines. The worrying thing on the news today said the new variation in India was more virulent and went straight to attacking the lungs. 

I don't think that the seriousness of this pandemic has been understood by a huge proportion of the British population. Too many think the old norm is achievable and restrictions should be lifted. If their push for foreign holidays is given into, bringing in new strains of the virus greatly increases. They fail to understand that because the country they are going to appears to be reasonably safe, that is not enough. They could be mixing with people also on holiday from countries with new strains. Also, a sizeable number of people are refusing to be vaccinated. 

A you know, I lean more to caution rather than optimism. There are so many countries that are no where near to having a semblance of control over the virus. The UK may be a island, but is a hub for people throughout the world. Those that come in could have mixed with people from other countries. The risk will always be high until all countries are on top of things. 

This virus is at it's most dangerous over the autumn, winter and spring. I won't be hazarding a guess until this time next year. 

COYS 

Wretched virus.

I felt quite good on Saturday and had a moderate session in the gym without getting breathless, and my pulse rate stayed within the limits I have been told to keep to. On Sunday I had no adverse effects and again I felt quite well. 

I had intended continuing with my plan of recovering the lost strength and fitness in the gym this morning. When I woke up I felt totally washed out, my thigh and forearm muscles were aching and I was breathless!!

The strange thing is I also feel mentally tired and, with my tiredness, I can't be bothered to apply myself. 

Elaine who caught the virus from me (so it had to be the same strain) has breezed through it. She got a cough which has cleared up and only felt a bit rough for a couple of days. She soon returned to normal good health. 

This implies to me that each individual reacts differently from dying, being very poorly to slight short term inconvenience or to not even knowing you had it. It is like playing Russian Roulette. 

Now the restrictions are being lifted and we are being vaccinated, my advice to those of you who haven't had the virus is to still stick to all the advice, avoid places where masses gatherings are disregarding the rules. 

Stay safe by taking no chances. 

Also, take a sabbatical from following Spurs. I suspect Fridays game which affected me emotionally has played a major part in today's Covid set back. I am thinking of suing Mourhino.   LOL

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

As a career,I’m jue the first jab soon,bit nervous to be honest:em21:

I understand your nervousness. I can register for vaccination tomorrow and know I will be getting the AstraZeneca vaccine. I appreciate we should be thankful of having the jab available but to be honest if I was allowed a choice I would prefer the Pfizer one.

I had my 2nd Jab week last Friday.  I have been wondering whether that has brought this relapse on. I am going to phone 911 shortly for advice as I am not improving. I shall ask for a test for Elaine and I. 

I have to monitor my BP every 3 days. Today It was 121 over 80 which seems a bit on the low side and may be why I feel a bit light head when I stand. 

I'm not being conceited or bragging, but 12 months ago aged 81 I was playing badminton with people 20 years younger than me and was still able to cover the court and and hold my on. In the gym I was bench pressing 65kg and on the lat m/c pulling 65kg. My GP friend put me in the top 0.5% of people my age.Today I can't push myself at all without getting pains in my chest, getting very breathless and feeling weak.!!

I think I have mentioned before about the 4 pensioners living close to me who have died from it - one late 60s and other 3 early 70s. I am lucky to have been born with exceptional genes which I feel is the reason I am surviving it with only irritating milder symptoms. 

Go ahead and get the jab.Hopefully it will stop you you catching the virus which, while not necessarily too debilitating, it really does bugger up your daily life if you're unlucky and doesn't seem to go away. 

COYS 

39 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I had my 2nd Jab week last Friday.  I have been wondering whether that has brought this relapse on.

COYS 

That could well explain your current relapse my mate. Let's hope so and it clears up quickly. You need to have a chat with Gareth Bale and Dele Alli about 'bench pressing'...they've been doing it all season with their arses.:1579412966_emo1:

This afternoon I took another Covid test. A 5 minute drive to the town car park and back, plus a 4 minute walk to and from the Special Post box, and it has really knackered me!!! 

When the result comes back, it won't be good news either way. 

If negative it means there is no treatment as the Doctor will call it Long Covid with nothing they can do for it.

If it is positive it may well be I caught it when I got my 2nd Jab 11 days ago that was a possible cause. When I had a bad relapse at the start of the year and problems ever since, that came after my first jab. If getting these vaccinations is behind me getting the virus again it will be a damned nuisance as these jabs are going to be an annual thing like the flu. 

Oh Well! If nothing can be done it is no good getting upset. I don't know what can replace the gym and badminton,  but I shall have to find something. 

COYS 

Bren and I just received our text messages to confirm vaccination appointments for the two of us in Athlone this Thursday. It's about an hours drive away and Bren is scheduled for her first jab at 11.30am whilst mine is not until 3.00pm. Considering we only registered online a couple of days ago we can't really complain about having to hang around for a couple of hours. I'll just be glad to finally see some progress being made :l:

Thank goodness we had a half decent 2nd half and won last night, as at least I had some thing to be cheerful about. 

I had a very bad day on Monday - calf, thigh, bicep and forearm muscles aching, feeling exhausted and getting dizzy when standing. As my cough had returned I arranged another Covid test which came back negative. Over Tuesday and Wednesday I was still suffering but the symptoms seemed to be slowly easing. On Tuesday night in the early hours it was a bit disconcerting as I had a severe breathless attack lying in bed which lasted for over an hour. I had to keep taking deep breath through my mouth which was a tad alarming. 

This morning I seem to be back to square one - feeling physically very tired with aching muscles and breathless having to breathe through my mouth. 

I don't get stressed out and don't have mental health problems, but I have to say I am getting more than a tad fed up with whatever is causing this. Last week  I managed to get to the gym twice with the lightest of exercise which seemed OK but wouldn't have improved my fitness - the real advantage was chatting face to face with my friends. I am missing that. 

Oh well, on the bright side DL pulled us out of the ESL and we won last night

COYS 

On 4/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, Borodin said:

Bren and I just received our text messages to confirm vaccination appointments for the two of us in Athlone this Thursday. It's about an hours drive away and Bren is scheduled for her first jab at 11.30am whilst mine is not until 3.00pm. Considering we only registered online a couple of days ago we can't really complain about having to hang around for a couple of hours. I'll just be glad to finally see some progress being made :l:

Good news mate I'm guessing it's just your first jab just be aware I terrible man flu the next day but it goes after 24-hours

On 4/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, Jamesinashby said:

This afternoon I took another Covid test. A 5 minute drive to the town car park and back, plus a 4 minute walk to and from the Special Post box, and it has really knackered me!!! 

When the result comes back, it won't be good news either way. 

If negative it means there is no treatment as the Doctor will call it Long Covid with nothing they can do for it.

If it is positive it may well be I caught it when I got my 2nd Jab 11 days ago that was a possible cause. When I had a bad relapse at the start of the year and problems ever since, that came after my first jab. If getting these vaccinations is behind me getting the virus again it will be a damned nuisance as these jabs are going to be an annual thing like the flu. 

Oh Well! If nothing can be done it is no good getting upset. I don't know what can replace the gym and badminton,  but I shall have to find something. 

COYS 

I watch a lot of the fitness channels on YouTube mate it's amazing what ladies in lycra can do for your health:em10:

1 minute ago, Craig Truespur said:

Good news mate I'm guessing it's just your first jab just be aware I terrible man flu the next day but it goes after 24-hours

Thanks for the warning...just leaving for Athlone now, should be back about 5pm.

Brenda's had her jab and I go for mine at 3pm. Most impressed with the organisation of everything. Orderly and well distanced queuing throughout and then a 15 minute wait in the observation area before being allowed to leave.

Glad to have it finally done.

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Brenda's had her jab and I go for mine at 3pm. Most impressed with the organisation of everything. Orderly and well distanced queuing throughout and then a 15 minute wait in the observation area before being allowed to leave.

Glad to have it finally done.

It will be my turn in a couple of weeks..