Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

12 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Good news mate I'm guessing it's just your first jab just be aware I terrible man flu the next day but it goes after 24-hours

Bren sitting in the lounge watching ITV Hub and feeling grand and I'm in bed feeling as sick as a dog, really nauseous. They said it could be a side effect, trust me to get it . Ah well, hopefully won't last long and be gone by tomorrow.

On a brighter note this photograph has won an International Award, depicting a Chinese family preparing a meal."This picture is technically outstanding in its use of light and composition," awards founder and director Caroline Kenyon says."But what raises it to the level of historic importance is the depth of its storytelling and emotion."It tells of a year of isolation and living indoors, living in tiny communities of immediate family.

57fus9.jpg

I just find it a beautiful picture of family life, obviously extremely poor but still blissfully happy and content with what they have. It's really cheered me up for the day. :thumb:

10 days ago I had a very bad day when I woke up exhausted, was very breathless, had aching muscles and the chest pains. I have had this happening every day since and especially bad today. 

Having spoken to my doctor, he has arranged for an ambulance to call in the next 30 minutes and I may be taken to hospital. 

If you don't hear from me for the next few days or more you will know why

Wish me luck

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

10 days ago I had a very bad day when I woke up exhausted, was very breathless, had aching muscles and the chest pains. I have had this happening every day since and especially bad today. 

Having spoken to my doctor, he has arranged for an ambulance to call in the next 30 minutes and I may be taken to hospital. 

Wish me luck

COYS 

Good luck James,take it easy pal,get better soon,coys!!!!

The latest news is I am shortly going to Glenfield heart hospital. At least this hospital is thought to be the best heart hospital in England so I will be in good hands. 

It is not all doom and gloom. It may have escaped the attention of the forum users that I was a tad anti Mourhino. Some of my pain has left me with his departure.  LOL

COYS 

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Wish me luck

COYS 

Good luck James, we will all be thinking of you and wishing you well mate :thumb:

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

The latest news is I am shortly going to Glenfield heart hospital. At least this hospital is thought to be the best heart hospital in England so I will be in good hands. 

It is not all doom and gloom. It may have escaped the attention of the forum users that I was a tad anti Mourhino. Some of my pain has left me with his departure.  LOL

COYS 

Goodnight James, hope you are comfortable and feeling okay. Everyone I'm sure will join me in wishing you well.. take care mate and keep us updated. :thumb:

5 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Sorry to hear you're still having issues mate you just calm down on chasing those nurses, were be sending positive vibes mate,  have experienced the horrible chest pain from a muscle strain and breathing issues from my back and I have an inkling of what it feels like, we all have faith how Spurs warrior be back on the forum soon.

Oh maaaatron

I have been having a vatiety of tests every hour until 4am in the Decision department. The last ohe one was an echo type one one on my chest by the consultant. He said the heart was not  functioning quite as it should do and I am being kept in for further tests and observations. He said the problem has arisen from the wretched Covid. 

I am waiting for a bed to come free in a ward which will be later after doctors rounds. They should send some patients home to free up a bed for me. 

Thank goodness my GP put his foot down and booked me into this heart hospital. 

At least I'm in the right place now. 

COYS 

25 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just moved to ward 20.

When I was in ward 14 last August the signal was to weak to send and receive. 

I am sending this to see if it gets through. 

COYS 

Message received thanks James...hope your feeling comfortable and they're sorting you out. Take care mate :thumb:

27 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Good luck fella it’s got through ok,,,,,

had my 1st jab an hour ago ,,,fingers crossed ,for ya mate 

10 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Good to hear you're being sorted mate I just hope Norman Wisdom is not your doctor and Babs Windsor and the matrons looking after you:thumb:

I have finally managed to get on the inter net in ward 20. I saw the consultant this afternoon. He said there was a problem with my heart, that I would be in here for a few more days at least. I am going to have the echo CT Scan which I have been on a waiting list since 1st of December. 

He said he was determined to get me well again. I am in a far happier frame of mind as I have been feeling flat and fed up for the last 2 or 3 months as I was getting nowhere with no hope of getting the treatment I needed. 

The icing on the cake is getting back in touch with you guys

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have finally managed to get on the inter net in ward 20. I saw the consultant this afternoon. He said there was a problem with my heart, that I would be in here for a few more days at least. I am going to have the echo CT Scan which I have been on a waiting list since 1st of December. 

He said he was determined to get me well again. I am in a far happier frame of mind as I have been feeling flat and fed up for the last 2 or 3 months as I was getting nowhere with no hope of getting the treatment I needed. 

The icing on the cake is getting back in touch with you guys

COYS 

That's great news and nice to hear the consultant is so positive :thumb: Thanks for letting us all know.

I have just had my evening meal and it was tasteless.

Luckily I don't have to tell the girls that deliver the food the truth. When they ask if I enjoyed the meal I say I have lost my taste because of Covid. I hate it if I have to disappoint people or to make them feel awful. 

LOL

COYS 

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

I don't know how to tell Brenda this but based on your symptoms of tasteless food  I've had Covid since 2006 mate :cc:

Nice one. I rarely just burst out laughing when I read something but I did as I read your final sentence. 

10 out of 10 for funnyness. 

COYS 

7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I don't know how to tell Brenda this but based on your symptoms of tasteless food  I've had Covid since 2006 mate :cc:

I have just read this out to the guy in the bed opposite and he fell about laughing. 

I think you could have a career ahead of you as a stand up comedian

COYS 

16 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

You couldn't write the script. It is like being in an episode of a Carry On film. 

All day yesterday and so far today, it is like being on the Marie Celeste. Apparently the doctors don't work at weekends. Only a couple of duty doctors. This weekend I and all the other heart patients are just hanging around waiting for Monday when, hopefully, I may get the scan I need. They may even tell me exactly what the problem is. All I have been told is that my heart isn't working as it should!! No explanation why. 

Last night, my 4th night in here, I was given a nasal spray to use. I have never come across such a thing before in my life. Apparently the other 3 in this ward were also using them. I queried why and the answer was it stopped germs getting through my nose. 3 hours later I had come out in a terribly itchy rash. It took 30 minutes for the nurse to find a duty doctor to get permission to give me an antihistamine tablet. It then took a couple of hours to reduce the itchiness to a bearable level. This morning my back is still itchy. Eventually the nurse will arrange for me to be given another. I suspect they will send some round at some time to give me counselling!!! 

A. Why not give it at the start on the 1st night? B. Why are they making all patients do it anyway?

It is this stupid new world. Some idiot thinks they can make it a Utopian world and things will never go wrong - what a waste of money in a cash strapped NHS. 

This hospital is considered to be one of the best heart hospital's in England - thank God I am not in one of the lesser ones. 

Sorry folks - seeing a hospital shut down for a weekend except for emergencies has put me in a 'pissed off' mood. I am wasting 2 days of my life, bored out of my mind and feel as though I am in prison. Actually, if I was, those little darlings, with their human rights, would be getting a Rolls Royce service. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

The ward doctors always have weekends off mate sorry dude ,,,hopefully you will get to watch the football or sports this weekend ,,,you can order in food if ya want mate 

Not in this hospital. The wards don't have a TV. I will follow the Spurs match on the BBC Sports App on my tablet. 

I asked for an antihistamine pill hours ago and am still waiting. The itching is driving me mad - it's worse han a nagging pain. The mobile phones don't work properly in this ward, they crackle and break up. My missus got so mad she had a go at me and ended the call. I think I must be 'duty scapegoat' today - every going wrong  and every mishap around me seems to be landing on my shoulders. All it needs is a typical Spursy loss, and I'll tell them to shove the antihistamines up their arse and bring me a suicide pill instead - even that will go wrong and they'll give it to some poor soul in another ward. 

I can see all my posts today being negative moans.  LOL