Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

I am ready for that ,,for years I have always brought loads of pasta,,one I was a fitter then ,,and when my and the wife 1st moved in together it was the cheapest meals ,,toilet paper is a problem ,,,but ya can use the shower as a bum washer,,or a newspaper,,,the big one is boredom,,,so playstion,,and good games ,,,,oh and school revision,,,reading lol,,,,also buy flour,,suet,,,stock,,,ya can make dumpling soup

19 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

James ,,the thing about this virus is ,,,most people won’t even feel ill ,,even though they might have the virus ,,,I have got used to having colds etc cos I have kids ,,my 2 eldest kids went to school pretending to cough ,sneeze ,cos they wanna get sent home ,,my youngest got sent home last week for coughing and sneezing,,he is fine lol 

I rarely get colds, sometimes just a sore throat for a day or so. If I have had it or did get it, I probably would never know. I'm a roughy, tough pre-war baby allowed to crawl around the floor, eat coal and and spend my first years sharing it with germs which is why I think my immune system can deal with colds and the such. 

This modern approach of living in such a sterile germ free world seems a bit ridiculous to us old farts. 60 years, ago if kids got measles or chicken pox, they held parties so all the kids could catch them and get them out of the way! 

It's a different world today where things we never thought about are classed as dire events and people having to be given counseling!! After the Grenfell Towers tragedy, I read 18 firemen were given counselling!! During the war firemen, wardens, ambulance crew, the police etc were dealing with far worse during the bombing raids night after night and they dealt with the trauma. 

For we oldies, we struggle to understand the molly cuddling that is the norm these days.LOL

COYS 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

The schools will be shut by Friday ,,,I have my dads collection of mags from the 70’s and 80’s always liked the crosswords 

The only crosswords in this household is the Mrs berating me for falling short of her standards when carrying out my duties given to me earlier in the day. I have to confess, when it comes to standing up to her I'm a wimp. She is an expert in administrating painful thrashings where the bruises can't be seen. 

It has helped me to support Spurs as I am now immune to pain!!! 

COYS 

As I have said before I didn’t get chicken pox until was 38,,,my sister has never had it or measles’s,,we went to chicken pox party’s in the 70’s got fuck all lol,,I was always eating worms and digging holes in the garden lol

Cambridge university has nearly shut down ,,,that’s all the major ones,,,trinity,,Jesus,,,christs,,st johns,,,kings,,queens,,,Clare,,,Emanuel,,,downing,,,Peter house,,,they are sending the students home if they can get home ,,,they are getting ready for the shut down,,,that lot would have been told 1 st 

I have just read on the BBC app that people are being given help to cope with the mental health problem this virus is causing. ffs! Mental health problem? I give up. I suppose after this is over they will have PTSD and lawyers will be making a killing by getting them to claim compensation. 

Perhaps because I'm Irish, it is because I am thick and too stupid and can't understand the situation?  I'm trying to feel frightened and to make myself worry, but failing miserably. 

COYS 

44 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

The only crosswords in this household is the Mrs berating me for falling short of her standards when carrying out my duties given to me earlier in the day. I have to confess, when it comes to standing up to her I'm a wimp. She is an expert in administrating painful thrashings where the bruises can't be seen. 

It has helped me to support Spurs as I am now immune to pain!!! 

COYS 

Yep the mrs mind melt...I've tried the ok dear to everything that does not work before that I said you are talking to a 14 stone kickboxer that doesn't work, threatened to take my credit card away that doesn't work so shes refuses to wash my clothes and feed me lol.

23 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just read on the BBC app that people are being given help to cope with the mental health problem this virus is causing. ffs! Mental health problem? I give up. I suppose after this is over they will have PTSD and lawyers will be making a killing by getting them to claim compensation. 

Perhaps because I'm Irish, it is because I am thick and too stupid and can't understand the situation?  I'm trying to feel frightened and to make myself worry, but failing miserably. 

COYS 

Come on mate just think of all our spurs crap...levi owes us mental compensation 

3 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yep the mrs mind melt...I've tried the ok dear to everything that does not work before that I said you are talking to a 14 stone kickboxer that doesn't work, threatened to take my credit card away that doesn't work so shes refuses to wash my clothes and feed me lol.

What's the secret to having a credit card. I'm lucky if I get the full amount of my meagre pocket money. Sometimes the week's fines are so much that I have to carry the debit over to the following week!

While me mother was alive I was OK because she looked after me. I can't rely on my older sister to look after me as she sides with the Mrs as she claims I was the blued boy and got preference over her when we were kids! 

COYS 

3 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Come on mate just think of all our spurs crap...levi owes us mental compensation 

I'm up for that, but his grip on the purse strings is so tight it would take an atom bomb to loosen it. There is no way he will risk lowering the dividends on his millions of shares. 

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

At least you could get a pint in the stadium 

True but the pizzas take ages, true story was at the Milan game Big Leggy Italian good looking good-looking girl pushing in the queue it was only because my missus was therei had to make a front and stop her pushing in, if I was on my own and I would have been a gent

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

It's a different world today where things we never thought about are classed as dire events and people having to be given counseling!! After the Grenfell Towers tragedy, I read 18 firemen were given counselling!! During the war firemen, wardens, ambulance crew, the police etc were dealing with far worse during the bombing raids night after night and they dealt with the trauma. 

For we oldies, we struggle to understand the molly cuddling that is the norm these days.LOL

COYS 

yeh but during the war those firemen etc only saw the horrors in black and white, now the horrors are seen in full 3D FHD colour