Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

28 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

its a Hall near Ashby 

I've Googled Ashby De La Zouch and there is no reference to anything called that near Ashby De La Zouch which is the full name of where I live. A couple of Ashby halls came up but not near Ashby. 

Why do you ask? 

COYS 

On 3/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jamesinashby said:

I have just received a worrying message from the bridge club. A guy from the club is seriously is in hospital with the coronavirus and I was playing at the club when he was there 11 days ago. I don't know where that leaves me - I shall have to wait and see whether I will be told to self isolate. As 11 days have already past, I hope I will be free from isolation in 3 days. 

I never really thought our little market time would get caught up in this - especially as I have been checking on cases in Leicestershire. There have only been 6 cases so it is amazing that 1 is in Ashby. This proves we all have to be alert and take care. 

COYS

I am living a charmed life at the moment. I have been to Queen's hospital, Burton 3 times in the last 8 days including today. It's just been on the local TV news that someone there has just been diagnosed with coronavirus. I can relax because it also said they have already contacted all those who have been in contact with this person.  As you know, I had to self isolate after a guy in the bridge club finished up in hospital seriously ill with the virus. 

It just shows that every time we walk out of the house, hidden danger lurks. I am not overly worried, but from tomorrow I shall start taking the Government's suggestion to not go to pubs, restaurants and clubs etc. Sadly, the gym and badminton are now out as are the visits to the places we go to for a latte. 

Luckily, I have this forum. Without it, filling my day to pass the hours away so they don't drag would be almost impossible. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I've Googled Ashby De La Zouch and there is no reference to anything called that near Ashby De La Zouch which is the full name of where I live. A couple of Ashby halls came up but not near Ashby. 

Why do you ask? 

COYS 

I didnt ask

The fella I work ,,,we are doing the stone work for it,,,new window surrounds,,parapet walls,,etc ,,,it’s up your way somewhere,,,,I did work in Leicester,,,on Charles street,,fixing the stone on the columns,,,and the water tower ,,,that was for rattee and  kett ,,,

This vile disease is not going to be reduced to a safe level for many, many months. I suppose those who want things to resume a semblance of normality are deliberately down playing this to avoid scaring whole swathes of the population. 

For the first time in some 20 years, we did a full weeks shopping this morning. Our normal routine was going to a supermarket 4 or 5 times a week and having a, pot of tea or coffee in their cafe. As twice now I have been in a place at the same time someone went down with the virus, I have decided not to risk being in busy places if it is not necessary. 

It seems the majority of Sports are being more realistic and postponing events 4, 5 and even 6 months ahead. I cannot understand why Eufa and the FA are still hellbent on completing the season. People are dying, losing their livelihoods, worried sick they can't feed their family and being able to pay the rent. The world is facing a massive catastrophic crisis never seen before in our lifetime outside of the 2 world wars. For me, the ultra rich world of football should be concentrating on helping those who will be impoverished rather than saving a football season. 

One option being put forward if the season is null and voided to still give Liverpool the title. If the EPL takes the decisions  of starting the next season with the same teams yet allow Liverpool to be given the title I will seriously think of giving up following football. To have several teams disadvantaged yet give one single team a prize,  imo, is nonsense. The EFL is not just 1 team. 

COYS 

I think the season will get finished eventually ,,if they hadn’t had that crap winter break the league might have been 3 games nearer the finish ,,,as for the shopping ya did the right thing ,,the shops in Cambridge are rationing they have lists,,but some staff are making some rationing up ,,so ya have to ask to see the list ,,,some shops are opening at certain times for certain age groups only 

When your reading Mr8ball's posts you realise there's no commas....full stops etc.

He writes as though your standing next to him in the pub having a chat.

So when reading his posts have a glass of beer in your hand and it'll all make sense.

48 minutes ago, stanmac said:

When your reading Mr8ball's posts you realise there's no commas....full stops etc.

He writes as though your standing next to him in the pub having a chat.

So when reading his posts have a glass of beer in your hand and it'll all make sense.

fecking better not be standing next to me in a pub   over the other side of the room maybe having just bought us a round 

Got withdrawal symptoms,,,not going to the pub ,,,but I am staying away for the right reasons ,,,made a massive brunch today to stop my 3 eaters,,,eating kin everything,,,getting ready to open the restaurant soon ( my kitchen) anyone got any orders of cuisine today,,,

Supposed to be playing crib with the.wife,,,,she is losing ,,ha ,,,she now is talking deep and meaningful things on the phone ,,,man it’s like a bad episode of eastenders ,,,,or Jeremy Kyle 

Tonight, Boris says this situation the tide can be turned in 12 weeks which takes us up to the 11th of June. Not over it but turning it around ie it will start getting better and easing off from that date!!! 

The hope of this accursed virus disappearing within a couple of months is rapidly receding. Steel yourself for a long, long break from football and sport. 

At least we will be spared Spursy performances. LOL. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Tonight, Boris says this situation the tide can be turned in 12 weeks which takes us up to the 11th of June. Not over it but turning it around ie it will start getting better and easing off from that date!!! 

The hope of this accursed virus disappearing within a couple of months is rapidly receding. Steel yourself for a long, long break from football and sport. 

At least we will be spared Spursy performances. LOL. 

COYS 

In the mean time Kane and son doing keepy uppies in secret knocking down walls with their shots,Lloris Can't Buy Any French wine because of the Corona finally Sobers up and realise he has to actually stop the shots gets some decent practicing....lol

A fairytale

This virus will go on deep into next season. Next season will be cancelled  and will be used to finish this season which will be known as the 2019/2021 season. There will be no transfers allowed and the fit Kane and Son will have to stay. 

Liverpool will start badly and finish 2nd as City win all their remaining matches. JM will have whipped the squad into shape and we finish 4th.

And we all live happy ever after. 

The end

7 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

A fairytale

This virus will go on deep into next season. Next season will be cancelled  and will be used to finish this season which will be known as the 2019/2021 season. There will be no transfers allowed and the fit Kane and Son will have to stay. 

Liverpool will start badly and finish 2nd as City win all their remaining matches. JM will have whipped the squad into shape and we finish 4th.

And we all live happy ever after. 

The end

We need to pay an official health officer to go on self quarantine all the other teams are playing against us sort of games are default to us and win the league...the only way the fittest team survives Corona cup winners....