Spurs Web
Hastingsyid

JOKE THREAD

A man walks up to the Widow at a funeral and asks if he can say a word about her husband. "Of course", she replies. The man stands next to the coffin and shouts, "Bargain" The Widow looks at him as he walks back and teary eyed  says "Thank you,  that means a great deal".

Son : "Dad can we visit a haunted house this year  ?"    Dad : "What's the matter with the one we live in ?" Son : "What !!!"  Dad : "Goodnight son"

A little 70 year old lady was leaving a supermarket carrying 4 heavy bags of Shopping when DL rushed up to her and said, "Can you manage?". "Yes I can", she said, "But I don't want the Spurs job". 

Boom! Boom! 

COYS 

This may not be a joke, but it makes me chuckle. 

The lovely Emma Raducanu deserves all the adulation she is getting. 

But the British bathing in reflected glory is hilarious. A young girl born in Canada with a Romanian father and a Chinese mother who gave a speech in Cantonese being acclaimed as British? 

It just amuses me. 

COYS 

52 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

This may not be a joke, but it makes me chuckle. 

The lovely Emma Raducanu deserves all the adulation she is getting. 

But the British bathing in reflected glory is hilarious. A young girl born in Canada with a Romanian father and a Chinese mother who gave a speech in Cantonese being acclaimed as British? 

It just amuses me. 

COYS 

She is British - her parents aren't.

WTF is amusing about that?

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

She is British - her parents aren't.

WTF is amusing about that?

I was not born in this country and had an Irish father. I had to take out British naturalisation. I became a British subject without citizenship when I was 27. My father had to do the same - he did so when only when aged 65 despite having come to this country when he was 15. We both have a piece of paper allowing us to all that that those born in in a UK country are allowed, but our roots are not British. 

When you are born, your citizenship can be the same as your father's or the country you are born in. You have the choice. Because my sister was born in England, she was able to get her British passport and actually has English citizenship! I find that amusing that she is British English and I am Irish but a British subject with no citizenship despite having the same parents! That young girl, had her father stayed in Canada, would have been Canadian. She will also have the right to claim Romanian citizenship if she wanted to. Clearly she will live her life out in this country now. 

I should think her parents have taken out British citizenship for themselves and for her. Of course she is now considered British  because of a bit of paper like my father and I. She has every right to call herself British as I do. But the indisputable fact of the matter is she, like me and my father we were not born British but had to apply to be British. 

As she was only 2 when she was brought to England, she undoubtedly will think of herself as British, possibly even as English. I was not in anyway having a pop at her. I wasn't even trying to say she wasn't British but was just pointing out the irony of it.

COYS