20/21 PL: West Ham United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

West Ham V Tottenham  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

Sometimes substitutions  just for the sake of it don’t make sense.  Why change N’Dombele??  Why Stevie B??  
 Winks on to shore things up?? Are you winding me up??  2 points v NU and 2 points today.  Too costly 

why were we shoring up in either game?  cos we didnt play professionally and kill either game off, faffed about second half in both instead of going for the jugular, JM says keeps saying he wants the players to be nastier, feck the opposition  embarrass them ,what were we resting second half for the mighty Europa League opponents on Thursday   ooooo scary 

On reflection, my main emotion is disappointing. Games like this are the ones that make all the difference come the end of the season. I am more disappointed with drawing against Newcastle and now the Spammers than I am about us losing to Everton. Four points thrown away.

On the plus side, if we can sort out our defence we are set for an amazing season. We seem to be there with our options at fullback, but now we need a regular pair of central defenders. Sanchez has too many off days, so I guess it is going to have to be Rodon and Dier eventually.

It's all about tactics. In the last 10 minutes our class idiot manager left 3 players up front, bale-kane-moura, leaving big spaces in the defence. Without cover, many defenders SHOULD fault, meaning free kicks. 

Why on Earth should we keep 3 players in attack when we should defend a result?! 

This fucking muppet manager is expired, it's a mess out there, we have good players without a good mind to organize them.

13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

this was all Winks and Diers fault, they missed the chances, they headed the own goal, they gave away the free kicks, they got greedy instead of controlling the game and killing it at 3-1 and 3-2  , Winks and Dier what a couple of tossers 

Wrong, it's a team without any tactics behind. Every player should know what to do. BUT, the manager doesn't know what he is doing, so blaming players for today is wrong. 

The only player I would blame is Sanchez, calamity, I hope he will never ever play for Spurs again. 

17 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Wrong, it's a team without any tactics behind. Every player should know what to do. BUT, the manager doesn't know what he is doing, so blaming players for today is wrong. 

The only player I would blame is Sanchez, calamity, I hope he will never ever play for Spurs again. 

ffs it was sarcasm and irony of others points of view always blaming those two players for everything ,  jeez Dier wasnt even playing !!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

ffs it was sarcasm and irony of others points of view always blaming those two players for everything ,  jeez Dier wasnt even playing !!!!! 

:)) Ok, I'm an idiot, but somehow it was not a message to your joke with Dier, it's a message to all the people here blaming Winks, Aurier and others players. 

IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYERS, it's about random performances without any fking idea of how to play. Just talent, but it is not enough. 

Should have won. Didn’t. Really annoying errors, mistakes and a little bad luck cost us - Ultimately at both ends. 

At least Going forward (especially when we choose to play in an aggressive, attacking way and not just on the break) we really are looking good.

When we sit deep and invite pressure, it always worries me as our basic defending isnt good enough at the moment to hold out. 

The game management frustrates me so much at times. I’ll pick on Aurier as it’s often him, though he’s not the only culprit. At 3-2 with one min to go, absolutely don’t foul them near our box, just boot the ball up the pitch. So annoying!

Mihai is right. It is Mourinho who is to blame. Thats why he keep quite. Mourinho wanted to introduce Bale in a win, that why he let him play. But it looks the plan hasn't panned out. Its understandable, Bale should get his chance against a weakened West Ham and he got the chance but totally missed it. I really get a bad feeling! 

Long story short, Sanchez and Tobey doesn't work. Sanchez will always make mistakes in his unnatural LCB role, he is not versatile enough. Coupled with Verts he already showed he is capable of what people expected from him, but unfortunately he can only play in the RCB role, so as Tobey. Nevertheless he has a big blooper in the match. nice goal, but in the wrong one and I really hope Mourinho won't play him in the LCB role again. Playing in the right position he can be an important player, younger and stronger than Tobey, but who needs mentoring to keep a cool head. A job for Ledley IMO.

Anyway, the substitutes changed the match IMO. I ope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything special from Bale and the chance he had was mistaken. so, you can say he was injured and needs time to adapt to the game, but James hasn't need the time, who showed his qualities from the very fist match. I can only repeat myself, I have a very bad feeling and I hope I'm wrong and Bale will convince us again from his qualities.

But one thing is sure, Harry Winks is SHITE and he won't become better. Once again, if Citeh was really interested in him I would have wished him good look and fare well! Signed Kalvin Phillips and we are saved according to the homegrown quota! Funny that we saw Phillips in the national squad and not the stinker Winks. It really hurts being so right on players, while watching all this overrated shitplayers in my beloved club. We may have strengthened and brightened the squad but at the moment I only rate Reggie and give credit to Emilio who is a solid and constant player for what I have seen so far.

14 hours ago, Mihai said:

:)) Ok, I'm an idiot, but somehow it was not a message to your joke with Dier, it's a message to all the people here blaming Winks, Aurier and others players. 

IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYERS, it's about random performances without any fking idea of how to play. Just talent, but it is not enough. 

no youre not an idiot, you just hadnt read the whole thread which i cant blame you :-)

FFS still so annoying. We should have been celebrating a 5–1 win (let’s begrudgingly give them a consolation goal), another Kane/Son masterclass and a nice return cameo from Bale. 

Now it’s all the usual crap of being Spursy, mentally weak, bottle jobs, bale jinx etc.

Why does this always, always happen to us?

Please Sissoko don’t foul a player by the touchline when he’s going nowhere, although it was very soft.

Please Aurier don’t then do exactly the same thing a few minutes later.

Please Winks just control the ball with your first touch or boot it miles away - don’t put it to the only player on the pitch who can possibly score in the final 10 seconds. 

So annoying

1 hour ago, BlockFeet said:

FFS still so annoying. We should have been celebrating a 5–1 win (let’s begrudgingly give them a consolation goal), another Kane/Son masterclass and a nice return cameo from Bale. 

Now it’s all the usual crap of being Spursy, mentally weak, bottle jobs, bale jinx etc.

Please Sissoko don’t foul a player by the touchline when he’s going nowhere, although it was very soft.

Please Winks just control the ball with your first touch or boot it miles away - don’t put it to the only player on the pitch who can possibly score in the final 10 seconds. 

So annoying

I was ribbing a Chelsea supporter friend at them them conceding in the final minute on Sunday afternoon and it happened to us. Aston Villa got their winner late into added on time against Sheff Utd.

Just 2 examples to hopefully ease your pain, as JM said in his post match interview, 'That's football'. 

If it is any consolation to you, I am with you on your 3 points - especially giving away unnecessary free kicks in those dangerous touchline positions - it happens too regularly. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

So annoying

ermm please Kane dont hit the post, please Bale dont miss a sitter , please all 10 outfiled players learn how to kill the game when you need to ie at 3-2 

Its not just 3 players fault, we should have scored a  lot more when we dominated and we should be able to control the last ten minutes of a match at 3 -0 , also if Loris had gone for that shot with his correct hand hed have saved it, 

15 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

ermm please Kane dont hit the post, please Bale dont miss a sitter , please all 10 outfiled players learn how to kill the game when you need to ie at 3-2 

Its not just 3 players fault, we should have scored a  lot more when we dominated and we should be able to control the last ten minutes of a match at 3 -0 , also if Loris had gone for that shot with his correct hand hed have saved it, 

You can't blame Lloris for not using that hand that's the one he uses for the corkscrew....

Trying to lol.....sniff.    snifff

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I was ribbing a Chelsea supporter friend at them them conceding in the final minute on Sunday afternoon and it happened to us. Aston Villa got their winner late into added on time against Sheff Utd.

Just 2 examples to hopefully ease your pain, as JM said in his post match interview, 'That's football'. 

If it is any consolation to you, I am with you on your 3 points - especially giving away unnecessary free kicks in those dangerous touchline positions - it happens too regularly. 

COYS 

Basic defending really does let us down with a few players I think they should do intelligence tests, I know most would fail but it would point out which ones need their brains looking at and improving.

I played hard in midfield and defence for years didn't need to touch a player unless I was taking him out near halfway but I always managed to get the ball first....old skool

11 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I can't believe people are blaming Jose for this result.

IT WAS THE FUCKING PLAYERS !

its everyone, all 15 of them, especially the 11 actually on the pitch and manager in the last ten minutes , 3 goals in ten minutes when cruising,  manager has to manage the subs better and players have to manage the game better , it ended up a pathetic amateur performance when the first 15 minutes was the total opposite 

Jose got credit for the first 15 minutes and more, so he should also take some shite for the last ten minutes ,not all of it , but his defence record with Spurs is appalling 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

its everyone, all 15 of them, especially the 11 actually on the pitch and manager in the last ten minutes , 3 goals in ten minutes when cruising,  manager has to manage the subs better and players have to manage the game better , it ended up a pathetic amateur performance when the first 15 minutes was the total opposite 

Jose got credit for the first 15 minutes and more, so he should also take some shite for the last ten minutes ,not all of it , but his defence record with Spurs is appalling 

We did reach a stage where we were keeping clean sheets and have some how 'morphed' into not being able to stop leaking goals that can be put down to player errors. It is appearing to me, in my humble opinion ,that JM has got a blind eye to 2 or 3 of the squad. Aurier and Sanchez (I think I have spelt that wrong) are 2 repeat offenders and to some extent Dier, to name 3, which I feel don't justify being considered as 1st choice players. He has a half decent squad these days and I would like to see him considering others for those 3 if they are the problem for us leaking a goal from a situation that wasn't dangerous.

But what would I know. I am just a hockey player while he has a cabinet full of trophies including 3 CL   LOL

COYS