Neophyte

20/21 EL: Ludogorets Razgrad v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Ludo v Tottenham  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

There is no ifs or buts as this is a must win game. We have the squad to win this cup, and to make the path easier, we need to finish top of this group.

I think JM and the lads know this and feel both angry and a tad ashamed at the loss last week. I see them wanting to prove they are better than last week's result suggests and will turn up for the game. I think they will win by at least 2 goals - optimistic fool that I am.

COYS

I'm puzzled as to what Bale's role is.

He started on the right but the ball was never given to him. Then he was all over the place and the ball hardly given to him. We know how dynamic he can be when he gets the ball yet for this half it seems like a wasted asset. 

Hopefully he will be brought into the game in the second half and we can get an idea if he still got it. 

COYS 

16 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I'm puzzled as to what Bale's role is.

He started on the right but the ball was never given to him. Then he was all over the place and the ball hardly given to him. We know how dynamic he can be when he gets the ball yet for this half it seems like a wasted asset. 

Hopefully he will be brought into the game in the second half and we can get an idea if he still got it. 

COYS 

Bales touch and passes are sublime they need to work as a three together upfront. 

Hart should have come out for that made himself big

21 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Not bad tonight at least we are attacking even winks is going forward...phew..

Not as Organised as the last lot ...

Ok Wink is back to form he was making a run tripped over the bowl and tackle himself and it's just made a suicide past behind one of our players for throw in

We always make it hard for ourselves don't we

16 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Bales touch and passes are sublime they need to work as a three together upfront. 

Hart should have come out for that made himself big

It seems Bale has been told to press the opposition when they have the ball. He seemed to be doing more defensively when he could have been used in a more attacking way like Lucas was. When given the chance to be part of the build up his passing was great. I just feel we should be using him more when we are moving forward - get the ball to him more often. 

COYS 

I did say we would win by 2 or more goals and we created the chances for it to be more. It was a good game and we did play well but, there is always a but, we need to be more clinical if we are to have silverware at the end of the season.

The goal we shipped at least was not a pathetic defensive error and rather a block tackle that fell luckily for them. 

COYS 

Did anyone else think that maybe the pitch didn't do us any favours. It seemed that the surface was very slow, with passes along the ground being held up on the grass.

I know Vinicius has only just joined us, but he does need to pull his socks up I think. He had a few chances tonight but seemed a bit hesitant.

26 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Great News! LASK beat Antwerp 1 - 0 So we are top on GD and staying there is back in our hands. 

Winning this cup remains a reasonable probability. 

COYS 

Knowing our luck we will get The Arse in the final and blow it !

I've checked my stream Vola Sports - it has closed and opened as Pluto TV. I down loaded it but in their sports section it appears it is not showing football games any more. 

I shall email Borodin as he seems good at finding these streams for football. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I've checked my stream Vola Sports - it has closed and opened as Pluto TV. I down loaded it but in their sports section it appears it is not showing football games any more. 

I shall email Borodin as he seems good at finding these streams for football. 

COYS 

I have sent an email to Borodin re streams to watch Spurs. If anyone knows of any, he does -so keep your fingers crossed. I have also passed on your regards, Hastings.

COYS

7 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

And now we are on PPV again, two games running, that cant be fair 

I think we all know my opinion on that I think it's disgusting, if I had the time of attempted to write to Spurs and ask them why they can't provide it on Spurs TV for us.

Apologies that I tend to repeat myself but again why is Dier a stable centre-back for me Rodon wasn't he bought  in to replace him? and as we all know Winks isn't my favourite player.....

So why the chucking hell didn't he play Deli instead of Winks? Surely you play the player that needs to build up confidence,   not the headless chicken

Apologies that I attend to repeat 

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Apologies that I tend to repeat myself but again why is Dier a stable centre-back for me Rodon wasn't he bought  in to replace him? and as we all know Winks isn't my favourite player.....

So why the chucking hell didn't he play Deli instead of Winks? Surely you play the player that needs to build up confidence,   not the headless chicken

Apologies that I attend to repeat Dier and Winks and many who want rid od Dele. 

There's many who post on here who agree with all that you have put. Equally there many on here who are fans of Winks and Dier and many who think Dele is getting a raw deal. 

It is one of life's mysteries that we all watch the same game but there are so many opposing opinions on who played well and who didn't or whether JM got it right or wrong. 

When there is a General Election, votes are cast for Tories, Labour, Lib Dems, Green Party or people  spoil papers or don't vote. It is basically human nature. We are all different having our own likes and dislikes. 

Don't apologise for repeating how you see the way JM is picking his team or his tactics. We need all the different  views on here or this will become a boring forum. Hopefully your post will get those who think differently to give their views. (politely I hope). That helps neutrals like me to get a clearer picture of the game. 

Just the views of an old VAR. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I think we all know my opinion on that I think it's disgusting, if I had the time of attempted to write to Spurs and ask them why they can't provide it on Spurs TV for us.

Sadly, football changed once Jimmy Hill won the the right for players to demand higher wages and it has got totally out of control. We all cheer on our top players and praise them to high heaven - many hero worship them. The other side of the coin is, if they didn't greedily demand immorally high wages and settled for earning half a million year which would give them a wonderful life, all of us could afford to pay to see them without paying what is an arm and a leg to us. 

That's not written as a criticism, for if we were in a position where that was the wage, we all would do the same. It is just accepting that that is how the game has progressed and it has got there by shafting the fans. I can't change that and I face the dilemma of do I give up something I love or accept being shafted by the football world. I reluctantly choose to spend £40 a month on BT and Sky sports to watch Spurs but I won't pay £14.95 for some games out of principal. I am narked inside but I won't allow it to wind me up. 

When I was younger - probably up to age of 65 to 70 I used to let things get to me. I'd fight for what I believed in. Over the last 15 to 20 years I have learned that if you can't do anything about it,not to let it wind me up. Life is calmer for me now which is just as well. You will find when you are living in an old body, it is wearing and tough fighting your corner. You realise your life effectively is over as there is nothing else to aim for. You are simply seeing out your days getting older, weaker and in young people's eyes a has been. 

Before you all get demoralised and dreading old age. Yours will be far better than mine. I was robbed of kids and grandchildren by my first wife secretly taking the pill. Having reached old age I don't have kids and family to replace all that that is no longer available to me. Following THFC and this forum is now an important part of my life. Sadly, I have been unable to go on my 3 holidays a year. Also, getting pneumonia has taken away my badminton and the gym which was my highlight during the week. I am waiting for an appointment at the Arrythmia-Cardiology clinic to see whether I can ever get back to the gym and badminton. If that cannot sort my lungs and heart out, life will be bloody boring especially as bridge is now on line - my social face to face life will be almost non-existent. 

I am pragmatic enough to cope with this without getting morose and feeling sorry for myself. I will find something to replace what I have lost.  I am determined to spend my remaining years enjoying it.

COYS