Spurs Web
Borodin

Don't Laugh At Arsenal

Willian rips up his Arsenal contract to save the club £20m in wages and takes a 70% pay cut in order to go and play for Corinthians. Now I can only assume this is the perfect illustration of just how far players are willing to go in order to get out of that shit pit or that the player hired Harry Kane's demented brother Charlie to handle the negotiations for him. :dd:

Charlie George, was being interviewed on Talksport today and was asked who he thinks would win between the 1971  Arsenal team and Arsenals team now. 

Charlie : I think I'd be close but his team in 1971  would still beat them by the odd goal. The interviewer  said Really Charlie  you think it would be that close ? 
Charlie said yea, you have to remember that we are all in our 70s now.:a:

4 hours ago, Hastingsyid said:

Charlie George, was being interviewed on Talksport today and was asked who he thinks would win between the 1971  Arsenal team and Arsenals team now. 

Charlie : I think I'd be close but his team in 1971  would still beat them by the odd goal. The interviewer  said Really Charlie  you think it would be that close ? 
Charlie said yea, you have to remember that we are all in our 70s now.:a:

Brilliantly funny, but someone must have told him what to say.

With only one brain cell in the most gifted of Woolwich players, they could never come up with something as brilliant as that. 

COYS 

When it comes to DL I have joined in with others castigating him. Howler, praise where praise is due. Since sacking Mourhino, I think he has really shown he has the club's interest at heart. He may have disappointed me in the past, plus not always pleased me during this transfer window. That said, with the situation as it now stands, I hold my hands up and say, I was well and truly wrong. 

We now have a manager who may well be capable of of leading his club to being a genuine top 4 team. He kept Harry at the club and we have the basis of a squad that is solid enough to develop through this season. 

I now say thank goodness we have DL and not the utterly disinterested idiot who manages Newcastle who has done nothing to help his club in years, expect to try and sell it. 

COYS 

Despite the crushing defeat against this lot last week I still don't rate them too highly. They play away at Brighton tomorrow and I think that will provide everyone with much more of an accurate evaluation regarding the quality of their squad. I can see Graham Potter having a strong game plan for beating them and fully expect Arteta to come away with nothing from this fixture.

18 hours ago, Borodin said:

Despite the crushing defeat against this lot last week I still don't rate them too highly. They play away at Brighton tomorrow and I think that will provide everyone with much more of an accurate evaluation regarding the quality of their squad. I can see Graham Potter having a strong game plan for beating them and fully expect Arteta to come away with nothing from this fixture.

Is that said more in hope rather than conviction? 

As you say, Graham Potter is the man to do it and Woolwich will have to be on the top of their game to come away with something. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I'll definitely be watching tonight's match and hoping that Vieira can take his Crystal Palace side to the Emirates and come away with 3 points. :thumb:

I will be watching aswell fella ,,,I think palace have a great chance if they start with confidence.

As far as, last gasp equalisers go, that must be close to the record. 

I feel sorry for Palace as I think they probably deserved to win with that 2nd half display. 

It reminds me of Arsene Wenger's reign when the chant was, "Lucky, lucky Arsenal". 

COYS 

Arsenal scrape in with a completely undeserved draw 2-2 with a dying seconds equaliser. Heartbreaking for Vieira. Arteta celebrating with his players as if they had won but they were very,very fortunate. Partey was a disaster and I must say that Tomiyasu suggested we had dodged a bullet by not signing him, very easily dispossessed a couple of times. I'm quite happy for them to continue like this as it's not quite enough pressure for the fans to demand the manager's head but they certainly won't be challenging for a top six spot if they keep performing at such a level.

Long may they continue to stay a mid table side going nowhere.

So another tough match tonight for them against a lively Aston Villa. There are few teams that will fear travelling to the Emirates this season, particularly after watching the Crystal Palace game. Arteta is walking on ice and you can see more and more cracks appearing under his feet with every fixture. They lack cohesion and pose little threat to defences. That in a way just proves how extremely poor we were in the derby but we have definitely addressed those problems in our last two games.

I can see this ending in a score draw tonight 2-2 but I shall hope that Villa manage to nick it 2-1. No points for Arsenal would mean they drop down to 13th and if Palace beat Newcastle on Saturday (highly probable) then they would knock them down to 14th on GD.

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

So another tough match tonight for them against a lively Aston Villa. There are few teams that will fear travelling to the Emirates this season, particularly after watching the Crystal Palace game. Arteta is walking on ice and you can see more and more cracks appearing under his feet with every fixture. They lack cohesion and pose little threat to defences. That in a way just proves how extremely poor we were in the derby but we have definitely addressed those problems in our last two games.

I can see this ending in a score draw tonight 2-2 but I shall hope that Villa manage to nick it 2-1. No points for Arsenal would mean they drop down to 13th and if Palace beat Newcastle on Saturday (highly probable) then they would knock them down to 14th on GD.

In the gym I go to there are 2 Villa supporters. They are still shocked after losing 3 - 2 from leading 2 - 0 with 10 minutes to go.

Hopefully the shock of that defeat will Spur them into stuffing Arsenal. 

COYS 

Sadly Villa were very disappointing tonight and Arsenal swept them aside with no problems. Puts them now just one point behind us on 14 so we really do need to get something from the game on Sunday just to widen the gap.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, Borodin said:

Sadly Villa were very disappointing tonight and Arsenal swept them aside with no problems. Puts them now just one point behind us on 14 so we really do need to get something from the game on Sunday just to widen the gap.

If we win, I think that will be the impetus to put the drive and energy back into the squad.

The team Nuno has been starting with lately is certainly good enough to take on West Ham but it will be a close thing. 

COYS