Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Dele Sends Out Cryptic Message

This instagram picture and message : Make improvements Not Excuses

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbATWCn9IE/?utm_source=ig_embed

Taken from this article : https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/dele-alli-latest-tottenham-news-19258203

There's no doubt the guy is at a crossroads in his career and needs to impress Jose if he is to stay at the club. He just needs to realise that he cannot stay the 'cheeky kid' forever and with the players around him in the squad now he needs to knuckle down. He was always Poch's favourite but the last couple of seasons his performances have dramatically deteriorated. Jose doesn't want fancy little flicks and backheels that sometimes don't work and have everyone chasing back to defend. He demands consistency and reliability, putting a shift in every game and coming off the pitch tired but happy with your efforts.

Personally I think a loan move would be the ideal solution for both parties. Let him have a taste of life at another club and see if it acts as a catalyst but retain the option to have him back.

Personally, I don't think that Dele has been given a fair chance to prove his worth  to the team this season . He hasn't really been given opportunities on the pitch and I'm sure that will have upset his mindset - especially not even getting a seat on the bench. He appears to have been condemned without having been given game time to fight for his place.  I can't help feeling that had JM persevered with him, we could have done better in the EPL. If our season stumbles on in the same manner, it may well have been a different story had JM given Dele a fair crack of the whip. 

Sadly, we will never know. 

COYS 

If Dele was good enough, he'd be playing. 

Cardiff City used to have a player called Robert Earnshaw. Every time he messed up or a pass didn't come to him, he'd wave his arms around and slouch back,  jogging along whilst others ran. Dele has been the same for a couple of years. I can't think of a single game we lost or drew where I thought "ohh, if only Dele was playing we would win this game."

He was crap before Jose arrived, but now we have this mentality that he is our misunderstood saviour.

Jm was playing him when he arrived ,,,when he fell out with Ndombele,,,and then more so when Harry got injured .

its a shame that there’s been a down turn in the working environment,,,

but the long and short of it is ,,,spurs can’t afford anyone to replace him ,,and we would need a homegrown player aswell to fulfill the prem league and Europa league required players limit.

we won’t be buying jack grealish or spending £100 mill on a player ,,,we might buy fringe players for 5 to £15 mill but nothing spectacular or buying off teams that get relegated 

14 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

If Dele was good enough, he'd be playing. 

Cardiff City used to have a player called Robert Earnshaw. Every time he messed up or a pass didn't come to him, he'd wave his arms around and slouch back,  jogging along whilst others ran. Dele has been the same for a couple of years. I can't think of a single game we lost or drew where I thought "ohh, if only Dele was playing we would win this game."

He was crap before Jose arrived, but now we have this mentality that he is our misunderstood saviour.

and you say i got a short memory   !!

Dele and Eriksen used to win the stats each game and season for KMs covered , touchpoints all over the pitch, dont compare him to some welsh pile of shite 

2 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Jose doesn't want fancy little flicks and backheels

like the one that put Lucas thru for the goal that won us the CL final place?   Of course not, Jose could only dream of reaching that level with Spurs playing the drab shite he wants, dinosaur

They're great when they work aren't they, but what's the success rate ? We have seen far too often how the team surges forward to press and Dele gives the ball away trying something fancy rather than the basics. Suddenly we are chasing back and desperately trying to defend a counter attack.

The guy is talented but he is a 'luxury' player that we simply cannot afford at the moment, particularly with Harry missing. I totally understand your 'drab shite' reference but putting the Dele Alli Magic Circus onto the pitch will not solve our current problems. I honestly cannot think of one other premier side that has a player similar to him in their squad, can you ?. The emphasis is all on effort, commitment and doing the basics right every time. Hojbjerg being a perfect example of this philosophy.

Seriously, can you name me someone who you think is allowed to play in this league with a similarly flamboyant and carefree style as Deli ? because I don't think there is and the reason for that is he is unreliable, unpredictable (which sometimes, but rarely pays off) and too big a risk.

He called out Dele when he arrived because the performances were already waning under Poch.  I seem to remember it being something about whether the real Dele would play today or his brother?  

I also seem to remember that Dele had a short resurgence in his performances as well as some goals and of course that sublime flick on the touchline that put Son? through on goal.  As a Manager its important to know your players and what they need to excel.  And what makes them excel.  In Dele there has always been the extraordinary, the flicks, juggling volleys, the nutmegs and overall brilliance he can display.  With that brilliance came a swagger, but also an arrogance that needed tempering.  He could be paralleled to a petulant child and lets face it he was a kid.

Poch saw this and was trying to allow the arrogance and associated brilliance to shine while tempering the petulance.  He knew they came hand in hand as a package deal.  Jose wants defensive work and no mistakes which leaves very little room for those qualities that makes Dele special.  He expects Dele to simplify things and just be a hard working, defensive first attacker without the bag of tricks that are certainly high risk but also what makes Dele special.

N'Dombele was similar in that regard. bags of skill but was doing things that caused us to lose the ball and come under pressure unnecessarily.  I remember the game that Jose blamed Dele for us conceding a goal because of a failed attempted flick or back heel not too long ago.  It was ridiculous for me because 5 or 6 other things had to happen for is to concede but Jose saw his "mistake" as the root.

Dele just is not the type of player Jose wants or needs in his team.  He is also not the type of personality that Jose wants.  He wants 22 Kane types. Jose will either come around from pressure by Levy and Company and let Dele in or he won't.  It will be interesting but I do believe it is compromising our performances and our morale because I'm almost positive Dele is well liked amongst the players and they are all aware of what he can bring the team.

I believe  Dele will outlast Jose at Spurs and if we get a proper "Spurs type" Manager in Dele will be back to his expressive best.  

yeh they are great when they work and Deles work quite often, see his highlight reels 

That Jose wants to play dull boring football is Joses problem  he can shift right off out of Tottenham the sooner the better 

Its a shame as I dont like him but I wanted Jose to win me over , i smiled a bit but that was it, not enough 

18 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Jose will either come around from pressure by Levy and Company and let Dele in or he won't. 

As I said, immovable object meets irresistible force. Current results means Jose's managerial share price is dropping fast and performances are certainly not enhancing his team selections or tactical decisions. There are definitely dark clouds gathering and I agree with you that Daniel is holding onto Alli in case the storm breaks.

Whatever happens we are in for a rollercoaster ride.

Jose press conference just now

Dele Alli was linked with a move away from north London last month, but Spurs boss Jose Mourinho says the midfielder "needs a fresh start" at the club.

"He [Alli] needs to recover from his injury," said Mourinho. He needs to get back to training and have a fresh start because in the last few weeks he couldn’t even join in training.

"I had a good conversation with him yesterday. We spoke around this question you asked me and I think we found common ground. It’s an important season for the team. It’s an important period of the season for him also. We need him. We need a good Dele Alli. We are waiting for him to be back to normality.

"It’s just not just Dele. When you look at Dele, [Harry] Kane, [Giovani] Lo Celso, we are speaking about players that without all three we miss some creation or some magic around the attacking areas so we need him back and I made that very sure to him.

"Of course a conversation doesn’t make miracles. It doesn’t put a player in great form without limitations in terms of fitness, but I believe the conversation was the extra motivation that he needed to be back as soon as possible and to become available for the team.

"We play Europe a League very soon, we are playing in the Premier League a couple of matches every week, we have the FA Cup, I don’t believe he will be on time for that one. We have a final to play in April so we need a good Dele back. And I believe that when physically he is ready I believe that mentally he will be in a good place to go for it.”

Strange times. We have Mourinho announcing 'clear the air' talks with Alli and that we should see him selected soon and with a new attitude. Meanwhile stories like this are circulating :

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/dele-alli-furious-reason-failed-psg-move-spurs

Considering the situation I personally find it easier to believe that Levy would have sanctioned a loan move for Dele but not have a buy clause included which was obviously not attractive to either Alli or Poch. To imagine that suddenly Jose and the player have sat down and sorted out their problems stretches credibility for me. Time will tell though and if he does return to the fold and is his old self I will be the first to cut myself a piece of humble pie.

I think it’s time to realise Jose is taking the team backwards again. I can’t see how his negative style would survive with fans in the stadium. 
I was an advocate of giving him time so I suppose we wait until the end of season but by that time some players may have decided to leave. 
It’s such a shame to be wasting the attacking talent. If Jose is sacked I reckon get Harry R back until end of the season just to tied them over. 
I thought these days of struggle and strife were behind spurs! I’ve been a fool!