Jump to content
Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Mourinho Talks about Levy

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow will mark one year since Jose took over at the club :

Some of his quotes about Daniel since he started at Spurs. The two obviously have a very 'special' relationship.

First Press Conference

"Happiness wise and convinced that my choice was a great one 10/10, I couldn't be happier," he admitted in his first press conference "In relation to the difficulty of the job, every time a club changes in mid-season it is because the situation is not good, that is obvious, unless something strange happened that we don't know outside basically the results make these decisions.

"If I forget that in two days I have a match and if I forget in four days that I have another match and that we need results and that we have objectives, if I can forget that I would say great job because the potential of the club is huge, the potential of the club is great, I am so happy.

"It was one of the reasons I came because the vision that Mr Levy put in front of me about his club and the quality of the players, the quality of the squad, were the main reasons why I decided to come. I know I have a great job in my hands."

Working With Levy

“Yes, I think we will get on well. He explained to me the vision for the club and I embraced that,"

“I used to be in clubs that fear him, It’s true. He’s powerful.He’s a business man, but he’s a football man. He has big experience, a part of his intelligence overall, he’s a football man, he understands football, he understands the industry, he understands the evolution.He’s very clever, he’s very intelligent. It’s great to have him on my side.”

Plans ahead of Jan 2020 window

"I'm relaxed because I got this club exactly as I was expecting,I expect to be asked about Daniel Levy saying we don't plan to spend a lot, and people to ask if I'm upset.Will that upset me? No. I knew it, he told me! Everything was crystal clear, no secrets in any of the club's plans, and this makes me happy. "I don't like being at a club and being surprised by things. Here there are no surprises. Would I prefer to have £300m in January? I wouldn't. In January I don't need players."

On Hojbjerg

"It was the last year of contract for Pierre, his club was in a difficult situation in terms of negotiation so I think Mr Levy did amazing for us getting such a good player for us.

On Levy's Support Last Transfer window

"What they did for the team was amazing. In such a difficult period where I always believed we were not able to reach some of the targets, some of the needs, the club made an incredible effort. Mr Levy showed once more that when he wants and when he is really involved he is a genius in the way he makes deals happen."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Tomorrow will mark one year since Jose took over at the club :

Some of his quotes about Daniel since he started at Spurs. The two obviously have a very 'special' relationship.

First Press Conference

"Happiness wise and convinced that my choice was a great one 10/10, I couldn't be happier," he admitted in his first press conference "In relation to the difficulty of the job, every time a club changes in mid-season it is because the situation is not good, that is obvious, unless something strange happened that we don't know outside basically the results make these decisions.

"If I forget that in two days I have a match and if I forget in four days that I have another match and that we need results and that we have objectives, if I can forget that I would say great job because the potential of the club is huge, the potential of the club is great, I am so happy.

"It was one of the reasons I came because the vision that Mr Levy put in front of me about his club and the quality of the players, the quality of the squad, were the main reasons why I decided to come. I know I have a great job in my hands."

Working With Levy

“Yes, I think we will get on well. He explained to me the vision for the club and I embraced that,"

“I used to be in clubs that fear him, It’s true. He’s powerful.He’s a business man, but he’s a football man. He has big experience, a part of his intelligence overall, he’s a football man, he understands football, he understands the industry, he understands the evolution.He’s very clever, he’s very intelligent. It’s great to have him on my side.”

Plans ahead of Jan 2020 window

"I'm relaxed because I got this club exactly as I was expecting,I expect to be asked about Daniel Levy saying we don't plan to spend a lot, and people to ask if I'm upset.Will that upset me? No. I knew it, he told me! Everything was crystal clear, no secrets in any of the club's plans, and this makes me happy. "I don't like being at a club and being surprised by things. Here there are no surprises. Would I prefer to have £300m in January? I wouldn't. In January I don't need players."

On Hojbjerg

"It was the last year of contract for Pierre, his club was in a difficult situation in terms of negotiation so I think Mr Levy did amazing for us getting such a good player for us.

On Levy's Support Last Transfer window

"What they did for the team was amazing. In such a difficult period where I always believed we were not able to reach some of the targets, some of the needs, the club made an incredible effort. Mr Levy showed once more that when he wants and when he is really involved he is a genius in the way he makes deals happen."

 

There was always a possibility that Jose would not fit the Spurs mould or Levy had rushed into a decision he might regret. On early reflection it is a perfect fit of 3 failing parts. Spurs the owners failed to show leadership at the time we were solid Top 4 and strong European class when they should have invested in Poch. Levy for stifling Poch when his natural financial acumen prevented Poch and Spurs continuing their progress and continued a run of years and years of disastrous Transfer Windows and finally a tarnished Special One who still just about had World Class Status but still needed a big Club to work on to get back to his previous "shoe in" to the Top 4 World Clubs.

To date Jose has made the most notable difference. The owners and Levy have only given their trust and would have binned Jose in a failed instant. Jose however, has totally revamped the squad, got rid of some,promoted some, reenthused some and purchased some very professional players. Whether it is due to his early success  I don't know but the players seem happy. They should stay happy for the next few years of success in the Premiership and an almost certain Cup or Two. How far can Jose go before the inevitable "blown fuse" moment that forces him to leave I don't know but I look forward to the next few interesting years....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

 How far can Jose go before the inevitable "blown fuse" moment that forces him to leave I don't know but I look forward to the next few interesting years....

I honestly don't think it is inevitable. He's older and wiser now and I truly believe he realises just what he has on offer to him at Spurs. Yes there may be the odd media rumour of a bust up with a player but that's par for the course with any club. A year ago the press were waiting for Levy's decision to implode but it didn't happen. Jose and Daniel have the greatest respect for one another's abilities and the partnership seems destined to finally bring success to the club again.

I can see this being a longer managerial tenure than many originally envisaged. I hope so, I like the guy a lot.

Pure coincidence but I just spotted this article about his desire for a new nickname :

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-tottenham-chelsea-news-23037350

The 'Special One' is now The 'Experienced One'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borodin said:

I honestly don't think it is inevitable. He's older and wiser now and I truly believe he realises just what he has on offer to him at Spurs. Yes there may be the odd media rumour of a bust up with a player but that's par for the course with any club. A year ago the press were waiting for Levy's decision to implode but it didn't happen. Jose and Daniel have the greatest respect for one another's abilities and the partnership seems destined to finally bring success to the club again.

I can see this being a longer managerial tenure than many originally envisaged. I hope so, I like the guy a lot.

Pure coincidence but I just spotted this article about his desire for a new nickname :

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-tottenham-chelsea-news-23037350

The 'Special One' is now The 'Experienced One'

I think he learned a lot during his spell as a pundit before joining us. That doesn't mean we can 100% believe he is a different guy now. However, I think we can hold strong hopes he will be the Messiah we are longing for. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×