Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Happy 1st year Jose's first anniversary

Watching all the clips with the interviews of this guy why even the doubters I think are beginning to like him I know he's got it in him to winner us silverware and you got to admit he's had a pretty good year considering where we were. 

Myself was a little bit doubtful for  his mentality and some negative Tactics but I think he's getting there rebuilding the team just needs to get rid of some of the Deadwood now. 

Here's to another year here hopefully of success and silverware coys

The one thing which I look back on was his time with Man Utd. The media proclaimed he'd 'lost the dressing room' and it was full of articles about his relationship with Pogba. Well look at that situation now. Jose was quite right and the squad has changed dramatically under OGS. The one remaining problem is Pogba. He's become a very expensive embarassment, criticising his club and constantly hinting at possible transfer deals.

For me the past 12 months have only reaffirmed my belief that the atmosphere at Old Trafford was toxic from top to bottom. How the hell Mourinho managed to get two trophies for the club under those conditions was nothing short of miraculous.

Mourinho reflects on his first year :

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/november/jose-reflects-on-his-first-year-at-spurs/

Nice quote from the above link :

“The only thing I can say in a very few words, but they mean everything because they are very objective, is that if I could travel in time and go back to 20 November, 2019, I would sign that contract with the same happiness as I did.

Nice one Jose :23:

I hadn't looked at it that way. Mainly, I suppose, because I was biased against him. Having read your post, there is a lot of sense in it. Mr Dr friend who is a Utd fan never wanted Ole to take over and once said to me he would be happy to lose the next 10 games if it got rid of him. The club does have a massive number of toxic fans who attend the home games. They almost encourage the players to revolt and it spreads around the dressing room. Pogba is a prime example of a vastly overpaid spoilt brat. He is likely to finish up in the position that Dele has found himself. Not wanted at United but with a reduced number of clubs wanting him and not at the wages he will be wanting.

I will say when rather than if, when JM brings big success to us, just think of the chants our fans can sing against the Utd fans!!!

COYS

ps the voice of authority from down stairs is issuing her orders. Catch you all later. OK so I am hen pecked. So would you be if you had a mother, older sister and 2 wives bulling you all your life. Kindly show some sympathy. Also no lies about how you rule the roost in your homes,

44 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The one thing which I look back on was his time with Man Utd. The media proclaimed he'd 'lost the dressing room' and it was full of articles about his relationship with Pogba. Well look at that situation now. Jose was quite right and the squad has changed dramatically under OGS. The one remaining problem is Pogba. He's become a very expensive embarassment, criticising his club and constantly hinting at possible transfer deals.

For me the past 12 months have only reaffirmed my belief that the atmosphere at Old Trafford was toxic from top to bottom. How the hell Mourinho managed to get two trophies for the club under those conditions was nothing short of miraculous.

Yes I watch them talking about Pogba the other day and I don't think anyone could have sorted that situation out Pogba really is up himself and unfortunately I think dele could be a younger version of him.

10 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yes I watch them talking about Pogba the other day and I don't think anyone could have sorted that situation out Pogba really is up himself and unfortunately I think dele could be a younger version of him.

Jose walked into a hornets nest when he became manager and it really was a poisoned chalice. In the end he was made the scapegoat in order to appease the disgruntled fans and the players stayed a bit longer. Now OGS cannot be seen to fail and for the moment they will support him but once the writing starts to appear on the wall he and the club will come to a mutual decision that it's in everyone's best interests if he steps down.

Personally I wouldn't plan on seeing Ole at the Man Utd Christmas Party.

5 hours ago, Borodin said:

Yes, I tend to agree and I wonder how many United fans would also. It seems like this often happens in sports, there's an acrimonious divorce and the fans side with whomever remains, but over time it's proved that there was plenty of blame to go around. If you believe in the boss you always have to side with him over the player. Players have short life spans in most cases.

Doesn't it seem like Jose has changed, this time around? He still enjoys the mind games a bit, but he seems to have a different way about him this time. More humor about him, more ease. More quiet confidence than the brashness of years past.

The difference is jm has an open and stronger chairman ( that’s involved) mr levy explained when he joined what he can and can’t do ,,,and jm imo likes that ,,,

with jm certain players have a shorter life span if they are not playing for the squad ,,,training and playing ,,,,we now have leaders ,,Kane ,,Hugo,toby,,,and Hojbjerg driving the side ,,,,

Also at Man Utd there are so many other persons to deal with ,,above the manager,,I.e all the board,,,then Ferguson,,,and the other influential persons that have there say on everything,,,,

at spurs you deal with mr levy then the staff simple 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

The difference is jm has an open and stronger chairman ( that’s involved) mr levy explained when he joined what he can and can’t do ,,,and jm imo likes that ,,,

with jm certain players have a shorter life span if they are not playing for the squad ,,,training and playing ,,,,we now have leaders ,,Kane ,,Hugo,toby,,,and Hojbjerg driving the side ,,,,

It's like definitely more leading in the time which is what we needed we need shouters and leaders Hojbjerg definitely been a godsend

Great way to celebrate a year in charge. Maybe now the doubters will finally begin to believe in Mourinho's ability as a manager. We have to remember the Poch days with respect but also draw a line under them and embrace the Jose era.

We have a team which on it's day can beat the best, yes we may well struggle against the lower sides but we do eventually manage to break them down and grind out a win. This was something unheard of before and we'd come away with a 0-1 defeat or a boring lacklustre draw. Now we can also compete with the top tier of the Premier League, endure the pressure and punish on the counter.

Start to believe lads, it really is possible this time.     COYS

On 11/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, Craig Truespur said:

Watching all the clips with the interviews of this guy why even the doubters I think are beginning to like him I know he's got it in him to winner us silverware and you got to admit he's had a pretty good year considering where we were. 

Myself was a little bit doubtful for  his mentality and some negative Tactics but I think he's getting there rebuilding the team just needs to get rid of some of the Deadwood now. 

Here's to another year here hopefully of success and silverware coys

After the debacle occurring during his tenure at Utd, I think the majority of us panicked and feared the worst. If we beat Chelsea next, then he will have dragged me kicking and screaming into, not just admiring him, but actually liking him. I never believed I would be typing that, ever!!

As Greavies would say, "football is a funny old game".

COYS