Spurs Web
Borodin

Ten Years Ago Today Lads.....

3 hours ago, LiamCOYS said:

The van de vaart blues kicking in after this one! 

Really does make you think that our side is still lacking someone like him who has that natural creative flair

would be a great player for lo celso to do his homework on 

Very good point and we missed him badly, I had his name put on the back of my shirt which is rarely done and then we go and do a stupid thing like selling him I don't think we ever replaced Teddy Sheringham Gazza ginola Klinsmann  BALE all round  to be fair..... who are the players I didn't mind paying to go and watch that could just change a game with flair skill and Glory

1 minute ago, Craig Truespur said:

Very good point and we missed him badly, I had his name put on the back of my shirt which is rarely done and then we go and do a stupid thing like selling him I don't think we ever replaced Teddy Sheringham Gazza ginola Klinsmann  BALE all round  to be fair..... who are the players I didn't mind paying to go and watch that could just change a game with flair skill and Glory

Can we add Hoddle to that illustrious group of players please. The guy could win a match with a sudden burst of pure genius and leave you utterly speechless.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Can we add Hoddle to that illustrious group of players please. The guy could win a match with a sudden burst of pure genius and leave you utterly speechless.

Yeah I know mate he was my first love and went to many matches to watch him play when I first started going one good memory was in around 87 when I saw him at the Old Plough Lane at Wimbledon I jumped up and down on my own in Wimbledon end and all the steps crumbled underneath me it was falling apart, I was only 15.... just didn't want to show I'm an old git....lol

On 11/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, LiamCOYS said:

The van de vaart blues kicking in after this one! 

Really does make you think that our side is still lacking someone like him who has that natural creative flair

would be a great player for lo celso to do his homework on 

I'll never understand why we let him go. 

I only hope it doesn't come back to bite our bum if we get injuries. 

COYS 

9 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I'll never understand why we let him go. 

I only hope it doesn't come back to bite our bum if we get injuries. 

COYS 

It was his decision mate. Here's what he wrote about the matter :

“Andre Villas-Boas wasn’t the ideal coach for me. He bought Gylfi Sigurdsson and then told me he would be his new No.10. I found that a little bit strange considering what I’d achieved over the previous two years. I started the first match of the season on the subs’ bench, so when Hamburg approached me, I thought it was a nice opportunity to go back. But I shouldn’t have left Tottenham, though it’s always easy to say that with hindsight. I had some brilliant times during my second spell in Hamburg, but the fact that we were in the relegation play-off in the second and third seasons wasn’t good.

“Leaving Tottenham was not my best choice, but apart from that, there haven’t been too many big regrets during my career.”

Here's the link https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/5/3/17314514/tottenham-hotspur-news-rafael-van-der-vaart-interview-leaving-mistake-harry-redknapp

9 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It was his decision mate. Here's what he wrote about the matter :

“Andre Villas-Boas wasn’t the ideal coach for me. He bought Gylfi Sigurdsson and then told me he would be his new No.10. I found that a little bit strange considering what I’d achieved over the previous two years. I started the first match of the season on the subs’ bench, so when Hamburg approached me, I thought it was a nice opportunity to go back. But I shouldn’t have left Tottenham, though it’s always easy to say that with hindsight. I had some brilliant times during my second spell in Hamburg, but the fact that we were in the relegation play-off in the second and third seasons wasn’t good.

“Leaving Tottenham was not my best choice, but apart from that, there haven’t been too many big regrets during my career.”

Here's the link https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2018/5/3/17314514/tottenham-hotspur-news-rafael-van-der-vaart-interview-leaving-mistake-harry-redknapp

Wow, I actually never knew this! 

I always thought it was something to do with his wifes Visa or something? Very interesting

his wife was happy to go to Germany for her modelling, 

He made me a fortune on 'player to score in the match' spread bets , loved him anyway but that £££ was the icing on the cake, he was possibly our 'best' purchase for many years , surprise last second deal on the cheap and wow what a payback from him .

Quality player and guy