Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
LiamCOYS

Steven Bergwijn

The flying Dutchman missed our last Premier League fixture at West Brom on 8 November through injury. He reported for international duty, returned to Hotspur Way and Jose reported in his pre-match press conference on Friday that he’s ready to join the squad.

“He went to the international team injured,” explained Jose. “He was not involved in our match against West Brom, not even on the bench, because that week he was injured. Even so, he reported to the national team, they had their medical team analysing him and they decided they didn’t want to keep him there, because he wouldn’t be ready for the next match.

“So he stayed here for the last two weeks, and in that time he has managed to recover, and he’s ready for tomorrow.”

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/november/spurs-v-city-team-news/

When Steven was sent home during the international break for 'being unfit to play' I was really dissapointed. Sooner finding out it was a groin issue i was slightly more relieved but still abit worried as he seems to be suffering from leg injurys quite regularly now. For someone thats just turned 23 its quite worrying how often he finds himself "not available". 

I think adjusting to the physicality of the PL is always a hard task and I believe its something Steven is more than capable of doing. I think just like Son, it might take 2-3 years to really get going. We know hes capable of producing magical moments.. just look at the city game last year. I really like Bergwijn and when he came to the club I was super excited to see the player he could become in the PL.

Hopefully this international break has given him time to reflect on himself and start a plan on how hes going to get back in the side week in, week out scoring goals, getting assists. Being fit for todays game do you think he'll get some minutes? Maybe this is where he turns it round ! opinions? 

COYS!