Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Tonto911

Jose Mastercoach...

So JM has improved several players now.

Got the defence defending, and goals galore...

Even the Dier/Aurier haters are noticing...

PLEASE Jose get our Dele back onside, back to his cocky confident best.

COYS

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

We have scored 21 goals so far this season with City managing a miserly 10. Now if that's 'parking the bus' then long may it continue.

It’s smart counter attacking football at its best! It must be frustrating for teams to think they’re controling the game when they’re 2-0 down! Gotta love it haha 

COYS

Agree with all this. 

There are also matches where we’ve bossed possession and been more attacking/aggressive - so we can (I think) switch it up against certain opposition. 

It’s a shame about Dele but I do think he’ll get more chances as we’re now starting to get out share of injuries (Toby/Lamela) and of course COVID.

4 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Agree with all this. 

There are also matches where we’ve bossed possession and been more attacking/aggressive - so we can (I think) switch it up against certain opposition. 

It’s a shame about Dele but I do think he’ll get more chances as we’re now starting to get out share of injuries (Toby/Lamela) and of course COVID.

Personally I think that boat has sailed as far as José is concerned. The lad needs a fresh challenge and we can't afford his unreliability. It's like Eriksen all over again, different reasons but same problem...attitude.

55 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Personally I think that boat has sailed as far as José is concerned. The lad needs a fresh challenge and we can't afford his unreliability. It's like Eriksen all over again, different reasons but same problem...attitude.

Yes you could be right. He was playing well for Jose at first I think, then drifted out. A bit odd as you get the impression from the Amazon documentary that Jose really liked him and wanted to improve him. 

I guess we may as well get some £££ for Dele in January and give that squad spot to an academy player or try and strengthen somewhere else.

Dele should now be working his arse off in training,to get back in this side .He must be gutted with himself,,,,it’s not his ability it’s his attitude and work rate off the ball,,,he is also not used to not starting,,which he has to deal with mentally 

6 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Dele should now be working his arse off in training,to get back in this side .He must be gutted with himself,,,,it’s not his ability it’s his attitude and work rate off the ball,,,he is also not used to not starting,,which he has to deal with mentally 

Sometimes in life problems reach a stage when they have gone too far and impossible to rectify.

In Dele's case, for spectators looking in, to fully understand the problem, it is difficult to know why it happened or how to deal with it. I am beginning to think it may well be a clash of personalities - a situation that got off to a bad start and then became irreconcilable. I've seen that happen many times when I was in the Army where two people never got on. 

An example on here are those pro and anti JM. When he arrived there was a number of members on here who were extremely anti with some hoping he would fail. Then there were those who believed he was the Messiah that would lead us to the promised land. JM is increasingly winning over detractors because he is the boss and the solution lies 100% in his own hands. Dele, unfortunately, has little or no control if it is a clash of personalities. He can't demand to be picked nor can he claim he is being unfairly picked on. 

If this situation goes on for too long, I feel it could destroy Dele's confidence and he may never return to being an outstanding player. If I am right about this, I think he is on a hiding to nothing. I want him to reach his potential, but I have serious doubts he will do it with JM. Whilst I believe he as the ability to be a real asset for THFC, I have serious doubts it will happen under JM. My own view, because of his age, I think he should move to another club I January and not on loan. 

That is not a view based on my limited football knowledge, but based on my considerable experience managing people. 

COYS