Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Toby's Injury, What Are The Choices....

Looks like Toby may be out for a while which gives Jose a bit of a headache. He has a few options but which would you choose as cover for the big man if it is a serious lay off ? (God forbid)

We can put our trust in Sanchez to step up to the mark, we can give Rodon a marvellous opportunity to prove himself (He did well enough today I thought, although only a brief appearance) or we can play Ben Davies in a centre back position which he has done before.

Personally, my heart is in my mouth whenever Sanchez plays. I keep waiting for a big mistake by him and I'm normally not disappointed. I would blood young Rodon, I think he's capable of standing up to the mark and it would be a huge confidence booster for the lad to be selected. Should Joe not be up to the job then the Ben Davies option is always there in reserve or Jose risks Sanchez and hopes he comes good.

What are your opinions on the matter, how would you approach the problem ?

Sanchez would be the obvious option, but right now we need to choose the smartest option.. Sanchez has had good moments but he seems to never really breath and take time to make a better decision. Finding himself rush passes and tackles the majority of  the time. And with his poor form spilling into the international break I wouldnt try to turn that around with the importance of our next 6-7 league matches. Like you say mate.. always heart in mouth when hes playing and we cant afford for him to cock up the next run of games. 

If were to play Sanchez in an attempt to get him back to fighting form it has to be in the Europa for me. 

Id pick Rodon as the the main league option for now as I believe he will go on to be a regular starter in the side as Toby starts to fizzle out in the next couple years, he may be a risk aswell with his lack of Prem Exp but we have to give him a chance. We also have Tanganga but not making the squad tonight might make him apart of the plan for the other competitions this year as he trys to claw his way back into the side! 

Spoilt for choice really ! Ultimatly we want Toby to be fit though 

COYS

Well in Europe Sanchez will start cos rodon is not in the Europa squad.

In the league I would settle with rodon,,he is a regular for wales ,,,which only conceded 1 goal in the nation’s league.

also jm likes 2 big centre backs ,that strong in the air 

from The Athletic (which I recommend highly to you all for their writing about Spurs):

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho has revealed that Alderweireld’s injury is not as severe as initially feared, with the 31-year-old defender expected back “in two to four weeks”.

Ahead of Tottenham’s match against Ludogorets, Mourinho said: “He has a muscular injury but not as big as we initially thought.

“He will have time to be out, but not like a month which was immediately what we thought. I would say between two and four weeks.

The author goes on to state that Sanchez is expected against Ludogorets (if the match is played, since Rodon is ineligible) and it's possible Rodon gets his first start against Chelsea. Mourinho feels Tanganga is more of a fullback.

From what I've seen Rodon seems to have the tough mentality needed to rise to a challenge like that, or at least to not be too discouraged if he gets picked and doesn't play well. He seems to have a "mean streak" from what I'd been reading. Maybe a nice compliment to that of Dier

8 minutes ago, kcspurs said:

From what I've seen Rodon seems to have the tough mentality needed to rise to a challenge like that, or at least to not be too discouraged if he gets picked and doesn't play well. He seems to have a "mean streak" from what I'd been reading. Maybe a nice compliment to that of Dier

He'll be fine. I have no worries where he's concerned. Welsh international player and hard as nails. It'll be the making of him.:16:

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

He'll be fine. I have no worries where he's concerned. Welsh international player and hard as nails. It'll be the making of him.:16:

I think you might be right. And it's not like he's coming from nowhere, he has 50+ appearances in the Championship for Swansea.