Jump to content
Spurs Web
LiamCOYS

Winks pushes for loan move?

Recommended Posts

Sources from (football insider) reckon Harry will request a loan move for January. No place in squad yesterday has probably pushed him over the edge ..

He wants a place in the England 2021 squad so he wants to play week in week in to justify his call up ...

With apparently Leeds and Newcastle preparing loan bids for Jan, it becoming more likely we'll see Winks depart in Jan even if its on loan.

What you guys think? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

He might want that cool ,,but we need are home grown stuff 

I also agree homegrown talent is very important, would you maybe be happy to lose winks for skipp in the near future? 

Both atm about the same ability wise and both home grown too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

I also agree homegrown talent is very important, would you maybe be happy to lose winks for skipp in the near future? 

Both atm about the same ability wise and both home grown too!

Personally I think a January loan move would be a great idea for everyone concerned. Winks has been at the club since he fell out of his pram and it would be good for him to see how another club is managed and mix with a different squad of players. It may well be the making of him and he will come back perhaps a little more appreciative of just what Spurs has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is difficult, as neither yet really has enough experience to genuinely fight for a place with those in our current squad. With the strength in the top 10 clubs this season, it is unlikely they would get many starts against them, if any, now we seem genuine contenders for the title - I can't see JM taking risks. 

The sad part of loaning them out, even if they become fairly accomplished players, I can’t see any established player who is playing well, ever being sold to get them back. There is no place for sentiment in the competitive world of the EPL. 

Winks wants to go on loan to get the game time to get the experience he needs to become an accomplished player. However, it carries a possibility of not coming home to be the automatic choice. 

That's life - the real world. As Winks started to get regular starts, JM was given the money to strengthen the squad and he was pushed further down the pecking order. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Personally I think a January loan move would be a great idea for everyone concerned. Winks has been at the club since he fell out of his pram and it would be good for him to see how another club is managed and mix with a different squad of players. It may well be the making of him and he will come back perhaps a little more appreciative of just what Spurs has to offer.

Im still unable to react... I agree 100%. He needs to see how a smaller club works which should give him time to reflect on what he really wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put Sissokko out on loan, get someone to teach him decision making with the ball as our coaches have clearly been incapable of doing so .

Jose likes foreigners, other than icons like Kane who he cant drop , and Dier who Jose considers an adopted Portuguese anyway :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22 November 2020 at 4:30 PM, Borodin said:

Personally I think a January loan move would be a great idea for everyone concerned. Winks has been at the club since he fell out of his pram and it would be good for him to see how another club is managed and mix with a different squad of players. It may well be the making of him and he will come back perhaps a little more appreciative of just what Spurs has to offer.

As one of Winks biggest supporters I agree. You are also right that all the qualities of a future team captain are currently held by Hohjbjerg. It puts Harry Winks on the back burner both in the playing arena, club and future prospects. He doesn't have to succeed in the future he can be loaned out, gain experience and develope sufficiently to have a good premiership career.

I still believe in every top class team there are average players that are the glue that holds the team together. I think Winks is that type of player and it may take a year or two to prove my belief at Spurs!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are right Asc.

As I have said in a previous post, he has been unlucky with the timing of when he should have been getting regular starts and cementing his place in the team. More experienced players were drafted in that kept him out of the team. 

It is difficult to be considered for England if you are not playing in a top club and playing in Europe. As it is getting less likely top 6 EPL club will come in for him, the route back to England gets tougher. Of course, there is always a chance he could go to a good side in Europe and excel. There are players from European clubs get picked - it certainly didn't do Trippier any harm. 

As I've said before whether he goes out on loan or sold, even if he becomes a solid reliable player, it wil not be a automatic choice to bring him back. But, as you said, it is quite likely he will have a decent EPL career but, sadly, may not bring him any medals. 

As with Dele, I think the two are quite likely to speak to their agents to find them a club in the next transfer window. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all know my opinion on this one Skippy is by far better player than winks attacking wise and defensively. If neither of them I can apply for us again have rather been young midfielder from the under 21s through more hungry with more attacking ability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/11/harry-winks-ready-speak-tottenham-chairman-daniel-levy-future/amp/

Very much think Winks has had enough... didn’t look happy last night at all ! 

Maybe the end for young winkle! 

Don’t blame him for wanting this meeting, hopefully can find a good solution that benefits both party’s ! 

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

hope this meeting is on Amazon series 

It's not going to be a long meeting is it we've assessed your abilities you had one lucky cross going in the last 5 years.

Effort=average 

Tackles =poor

Passing =poor

Goals= one tap in and one lucky cross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

It's not going to be a long meeting is it we've assessed your abilities you had one lucky cross going in the last 5 years.

Effort=average 

Tackles =poor

Passing =poor

Goals= one tap in and one lucky cross

thats what you see.  Did you listen to Hargreaves and the other guy last night about Winks, and others have spoken well of him too , youre heavily biased against him 

Could easily say same about Sissokko , single handedly cost us the CL final at both ends , thick as two planks on the ball , never passes more than two inches cos he cant even see the pass , cleans up well tho, but hes foreign so Jose starts him 

Jose considers Dier half Portuguese so starts him and you cant not start Kane, but any other English can feck right off  including Skipp, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

thats what you see.  Did you listen to Hargreaves and the other guy last night about Winks, and others have spoken well of him too , youre heavily biased against him 

Could easily say same about Sissokko , single handedly cost us the CL final at both ends , thick as two planks on the ball , never passes more than two inches cos he cant even see the pass , cleans up well tho, but hes foreign so Jose starts him 

Jose considers Dier half Portuguese so starts him and you cant not start Kane, but any other English can feck right off  including Skipp, 

Yeah I'm afraid I do see it that way mate and so do a lot of people, I was a midfielder and used to get stuck in and work my ass off in tackles and set up goals ok, it is laughable I'm saying this because obviously I was not on a level to compare:7:

I am good at spotting Talent I'm afraid, as I said also Skippy try and a few  underwriting matches and he always looked a great Talent  and already more advanced a younger age than winks ,as Winks proved the other night he was running around like a headless chicken his positional play wasn't that good I don't think he made one decent tackle his passing was extremely average the typical 10 yard tap sideways or backwards,  when he goes in for a tackle he does tends to trip over the player or the ball, myself so just showed him up I'm afraid now he's a world class player in the making.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Sissoko they are pretty similar but hes is a big lump of a powerhouse and he does a job by filling in a space in front of Aurier using his strength but I would sell him as well because I think there are better class players out there but that could do the job better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 5:03 PM, LiamCOYS said:

I also agree homegrown talent is very important, would you maybe be happy to lose winks for skipp in the near future? 

Both atm about the same ability wise and both home grown too!

I won’t mind to see Harvey instead. I rate him high. Unfortunately we have no influence on transfers and Mourinho rather signs another 30+ player than giving the young a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should keep Winks and assess at end of the season. 

Some criticism earlier on in these posts which is fine (and justified based on some performances) but overall we surely don’t want to be selling/loaning out an experienced English premier league midfielder in Jan window when we’re competing on four fronts this season, with unknown potential issues hitting us such as fixture congestion, COVID, injuries and suspensions.

He’s currently back in our PL squad and I think he’ll get more game time (largely due to injuries for GLC & Lamela plus the ongoing reluctance to play Dele) so I’d keep him for now. Until this potential talk of move to Spain (which might be media/agent driven?) then Winks is rarely in the media and seems to be a thoroughly good professional, Spurs through and through. 

Longer term maybe he’s not going to turn into our best midfielder and maybe a loan/sale will be good move. But not in January for me.

Separately it’s brilliant to see Skippy going well and will be fantastic if/when he comes back to Spurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

I think we should keep Winks and assess at end of the season. 

Some criticism earlier on in these posts which is fine (and justified based on some performances) but overall we surely don’t want to be selling/loaning out an experienced English premier league midfielder in Jan window when we’re competing on four fronts this season, with unknown potential issues hitting us such as fixture congestion, COVID, injuries and suspensions.

He’s currently back in our PL squad and I think he’ll get more game time (largely due to injuries for GLC & Lamela plus the ongoing reluctance to play Dele) so I’d keep him for now. Until this potential talk of move to Spain (which might be media/agent driven?) then Winks is rarely in the media and seems to be a thoroughly good professional, Spurs through and through. 

Longer term maybe he’s not going to turn into our best midfielder and maybe a loan/sale will be good move. But not in January for me.

Separately it’s brilliant to see Skippy going well and will be fantastic if/when he comes back to Spurs. 

Sounds like Jose agrees with me based on the press conference quotes from earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×