Jump to content
Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

Putting this link in to confirm the post James made earlier about Everton interested in Alli, Winks and Gazzaniga but also because it has a really good quiz on former Spurs stars. Top score is 10/10. Have a go and post up your score :16: I managed just 4 :12: how embarassing is that.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/tottenham-transfer-rumours/tottenham-hotspur-dele-alli-attracting-everton-interest-as-spurs-exit-potentially-step-closer/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neophyte said:

Nearly that time again...

Post those rumors and thoughts here. OP will be updated with official comings and goings as the club announce them.

I can hardly believe I'm going to say this but for the first time in 5 years and having previously moaned incessantly about the affect on our availability to be Permanent Top 4 and European Elite have we actually arrived at the point that we don't need a 2nd Striker????

Having a World Class Manager who has made dramatic in roads into modernising the squad and made a few purchases of more value than their cost and enthused the remainder of the squad. Do we really need anyone else. I think we may have the goal capability we need currently within the squad.

i recall a couple of seasons ago saying Son was having a great season and did we need the 2nd Striker.

Is this another false dawn????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I can hardly believe I'm going to say this but for the first time in 5 years and having previously moaned incessantly about the affect on our availability to be Permanent Top 4 and European Elite have we actually arrived at the point that we don't need a 2nd Striker????

Having a World Class Manager who has made dramatic in roads into modernising the squad and made a few purchases of more value than their cost and enthused the remainder of the squad. Do we really need anyone else. I think we may have the goal capability we need currently within the squad.

i recall a couple of seasons ago saying Son was having a great season and did we need the 2nd Striker.

Is this another false dawn????

My only worry regarding cover for any current first team player is Hojbjerg. I really do not see anyone in the squad who could step in and do the job he is currently performing for us. I feel an injury to him would have quite a dramatic effect on the overall flow of our play. He's been a revelation since joining and helped take the team to that next level which we have been trying to attain for so long. The big question is who is out there capable of taking his place ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

My only worry regarding cover for any current first team player is Hojbjerg. I really do not see anyone in the squad who could step in and do the job he is currently performing for us. I feel an injury to him would have quite a dramatic effect on the overall flow of our play. He's been a revelation since joining and helped take the team to that next level which we have been trying to attain for so long. The big question is who is out there capable of taking his place ?

I share your love for Hojbjerg but I do still hold it against him Lol that he is taking away Harry Winks from his future position as Team and Club  Captain and an icon. However, my man is time served and future loyalty  is in place for when he is needed. He can develope in what is becoming a fantastic squad or even be loaned out to develope.

In your old and greying days remember my words "He will be back as Captain one day"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

In your old and greying days remember my words "He will be back as Captain one day"

I'm already in them my friend, well old anyway, not greying because I have no hair :6:. I also believe that I will wake up with an afro before we see Harry Winks wear the Captain's armband at Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless we have a major injury or offload a player like winks or dele then i don’t really think we should waste money for the sake of it ya’know ?
64m in losses I’m sure will make daniel think the same thing ... lol 

if we where to go all out... I want Dybala lol .. only if alli leaves of course ! Which actually starts to look less likely ... who knows anymore :4:have to say he looked happy in training videos  and I don’t think JM has particularly fallen out with him .. who really knows what Mourinho is ever thinking haha 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I'm already in them my friend, well old anyway, not greying because I have no hair :6:. I also believe that I will wake up with an afro before we see Harry Winks wear the Captain's armband at Spurs.

Yes to this. It is not going to happen. I'm not sure Winks is going to get any better than he is right now. Skipp is nearer the armband then Winks.

I won't be surprised (or particularly unhappy) if Winks is sold or goes out on loan in January. He is close to being a great player, but he has not got there yet and I am not sure he ever will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26 November 2020 at 5:40 PM, Cromulentmart said:

Yes to this. It is not going to happen. I'm not sure Winks is going to get any better than he is right now. Skipp is nearer the armband then Winks.

I won't be surprised (or particularly unhappy) if Winks is sold or goes out on loan in January. He is close to being a great player, but he has not got there yet and I am not sure he ever will.

I agree I don't think Winks will ever be a great player. The majority of players in a successful team are not great players but  are the hard working professionals that are needed everyday.

Harry is a success from our academy since 5 years of age. By comparison Ndombele cost £55Million and Millions more in Wage costs every forthcoming year. To date Harry has given more to Spurs than Ndombele has although Ndombel has performed very recently. Since your post Harry has developed a bit more scoring a "Wonder Goal" in Europe (Lol) and gaining more playing minutes. He is not an automatic first team player yet but may be in the future and if not may earn Spurs a very good transfer fee.

We all crave a successful academy but fail to recognise the players that we harvest from it. Harry does play for England doesn't he????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure why we are chasing Kessie. Don’t get me wrong, I‘m convinced he is a great player, but we have a surplus in his position!!!! Even Winks will leave a better and stronger Oliver Skipp can fill his abscence! If any, Camavinga would make sense, who can develop without any rush and slowly adapt the game in England.

IMO it needs a more creative player and watching Sabitzer tonight, I was really impressed. Sabitzer was involved in all 3 goals so far and nearly scored himself. Nevertheless Leipzig demonstrates were Utd can be hurt. Double Fernandes and exploit the flanks. Et voila 3:0 at halftime. 

I’m careful when it comes to Austrian players and it always depends on the manager how he set up the team and formation, but for what I see a connection between Sabitzer and Reggie could really work for us!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As spurfect said a while ago ,,we could do with a left footed centre back .also imo we need to buy a goal keeper ( for when Hugo has had enough) I do like nick pope as a strong keeper ,,he would also add to the home grown quota 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

As spurfect said a while ago ,,we could do with a left footed centre back .also imo we need to buy a goal keeper ( for when Hugo has had enough) I do like nick pope as a strong keeper ,,he would also add to the home grown quota 

We desperately need a second goalkeeper that we can rely on if anything happens to Hugo and Hart definitely doesn't fit the bill. Top priority when the window opens as far as I am concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

My boy has just said we are in talks with Milan for getting ericksen back 

I heard Eriksen may have said something about how hed ideally want to play for spurs again but I dont think thats 100% official.

Im sure Jose was adamant he didnt want him back anyway... If we was to go in the market, really we should go for new blood 

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/29/people-hate-to-hear-this-alasdair-gold-makes-tottenham-january-transfer-claim/

Alasdair has spoken... sadly may be all "agent talk" in an attempt to get other clubs interested in him. Really hope hes wrong on this one but seems like it would take alot work and reshuffling to put him in the squad. 

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LiamCOYS said:

An issue of needing to remove a foreign player before bringing in another one. Apparently we are already having issues with our foreign player limit....hmmm

COYS

We have had some useful English lads who have come thought he academy in the last couple of seasons now transferred or on loan at other clubs. At the same time we have bought in several foreign players. Who is responsible for ensuring our squad has the right number of UK players in the squad?

It's pathetic really if that is the position. Mind you, if they have got any gumption, they can get rid of some of the foreign dross and sign Grealish. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When spurs sold bale they got 15 mill upfront,,not 90  imill ,',silly people,,then the rest in instalments over 4 years the we sold modric  for 30 mill 5 upfront the rest in instalment,,,if ya be.ive that Madrid have money your deluded,,,Liverpool brought de jota of wolves paid 5 mill the rest is in instalments,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've not changed my mind from November. I'm not sure we need anyone else. I think we have cover in most areas but need to get more consistency from the players we have. Players strength and confidence will increase as we win more games and Cups and Squad confidence increases.

We may have to replace any departures (Dele) but not even sure we have to spend money in this window. If this season is completed then we should finish in a position that good players will be attracted to us next Summer.

Things are good just need the Doomsters to accept Jose. I'm not sure Spurs can succeed with this backdrop of disgruntled fans. Is there a Team in the Premiership with as many unhappy fans?? If so Who??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Well I've not changed my mind from November. I'm not sure we need anyone else. I think we have cover in most areas but need to get more consistency from the players we have. Players strength and confidence will increase as we win more games and Cups and Squad confidence increases.

We may have to replace any departures (Dele) but not even sure we have to spend money in this window. If this season is completed then we should finish in a position that good players will be attracted to us next Summer.

Things are good just need the Doomsters to accept Jose. I'm not sure Spurs can succeed with this backdrop of disgruntled fans. Is there a Team in the Premiership with as many unhappy fans?? If so Who??

My main concern is reserve goalkeeper. I'm afraid I just have no confidence in Hart for the big matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If dele left there aren’t many players that could replace him.if Hugo goes again who replaces him,,serg wants out ,,sissoko up for sale ,,,winks aswell.

i don’t think spurs are gonna take up the option for vinnicus or Gedson.

so Costa would be good if he is up for it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×