Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

Whatever happens this transfer window it's great to see our fingers in so many pies and also having a great chance of signing them because of Paratici's connections. The major concern is relieving ourselves of the excess baggage and making room for the newcomers. I have little doubt that Fabio and Nuno will bring in improvements on our existing squad and that these are exciting times.

I fully expect to see at least four new arrivals and with any luck at least the same number being shown the exit door. It's strange but with the appointment of Nuno and Paratici I think the club has dodged the media spotlight and allowed itself the time and space to do a rebuild without any pressure.

I'm feeling quite optimistic about where we will be as a club next season. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Whatever happens this transfer window it's great to see our fingers in so many pies and also having a great chance of signing them because of Paratici's connections. The major concern is relieving ourselves of the excess baggage and making room for the newcomers. I have little doubt that Fabio and Nuno will bring in improvements on our existing squad and that these are exciting times.

I fully expect to see at least four new arrivals and with any luck at least the same number being shown the exit door. It's strange but with the appointment of Nuno and Paratici I think the club has dodged the media spotlight and allowed itself the time and space to do a rebuild without any pressure.

I'm feeling quite optimistic about where we will be as a club next season. :thumb:

To get you even more excited we’re in talks to sign Vestegaard and hopeful still in talks with Tomiyasu

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

Aim high and settle for less, classic strategy. Price set at £25m offer comes in at just £12m. Drive it up to £15m - £18m and shake hands :thumb:

The only problem is that I can't see any Belgian Club paying out that sort of money for a 32 year old - good as he is I don't see that happening. I hope it doesn't get nasty when it comes to Toby wanting to return home for his swansong - that is the issue with Levy unfortunately - his reputation costs us more than he saves us.

10 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

The only problem is that I can't see any Belgian Club paying out that sort of money for a 32 year old - good as he is I don't see that happening. I hope it doesn't get nasty when it comes to Toby wanting to return home for his swansong - that is the issue with Levy unfortunately - his reputation costs us more than he saves us.

May I ask where the figure of £25m comes from ? The reason being is I thought Levy brought Paratici in to handle this side of affairs so he could concentrate more on running the club and avoiding getting involved in player negotiations/ transfers.

34 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

To get you even more excited we’re in talks to sign Vestegaard and hopeful still in talks with Tomiyasu

There's rumours online that Arsenal are considering a bid for Tomiyasu but apparently Paratici has a huge influence regarding this player and provided we stump up the necessary cash he's ours.

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

May I ask where the figure of £25m comes from ? The reason being is I thought Levy brought Paratici in to handle this side of affairs so he could concentrate more on running the club and avoiding getting involved in player negotiations/ transfers.

It was quoted on Tottenham Hotspur.com and by SpursWeb by the Tottenham site last night - and I didn't react to it because it was a "quote" from Transfer Tavern or one of those - which I always assume are B/S and then earlier this morning on one of the stories surrounding Rodon being tapped up by Brighton or the guy Tomiyasu on SpursWeb.

Danish Duo for Spurs ??

https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-talks-vestergaard-southampton-andersen-lyon-transfer

I would love this. Nothing better than having two players at the same club who also play together at International level. The rapport they naturally build up can be a match winner. Genuinely getting quite excited at not only the quality of footballers we are being linked with but also the variety as well. Great to see us so active in the market, just need to see some people leaving us too.

7 hours ago, grahambailey said:

Levy at it again!
Just seen the alleged transfer fee for Toby - which has been apparently set at £25 million! - seriously Levy?
Looks like the games have begun - why is Levy such a dick?
Setting crazy prices for players just guarantees that nobody will buy them and they'll be stuck on the wage bill for another year - can somebody shoot the clown please?.

I‘m already collecting money for a chechen assassin. Join in. After another poor tranfer period we‘ll have the money together soon! 

The sad truth, Utd offered 60 million for Toby 3 years ago. And Citeh wanted Rose for 50 million! Thats 110 million for 2 players we could have replaced easily. Especially for Rose, I would have booked a flight to England and had driven him to Manchester personally for that amount of money! 

Levy is a knob and has no fecking clue about his own players. 

Tbh we absolutely haven’t profit from the recent years. We haven’t won a trophy but also failed to make money with our players to improve the squad. They have all gone for a cut price or have lost their value.

Imagine Atletico Madrid wanted Dele for 60 million. At the moment only Wigan Athletic is intrested in him.

Eriksen was rated 120 million, but has gone like a lukewarm fart in winter for almost nothing.

Lucas should have been sold to the highest bidder right after the CL. He will never be rated higher again!

Not to mention our fail investments (Njie, Nkoudou, Janssen...) and the lack of trust in the academy 

Btw, have I already mentioned that I hate Levy?

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

There's rumours online that Arsenal are considering a bid for Tomiyasu but apparently Paratici has a huge influence regarding this player and provided we stump up the necessary cash he's ours.

Yeah I saw a report saying he wants to join Spurs

The biggest rumour has followed the announcement that Danny Ings has turned down a 4 year deal with Southampton. Story is that Harry Kane to City is virtually a done deal and Ings will come in as his replacement. He's 28 and valued at around £30m. I can't say that the prospect of him joining us sets my heart jumping but whilst nowhere near the calibre of Kane he is a solid dependable player who will regularly get us goals.

https://tbrfootball.com/dead-cert-some-rival-fans-are-convinced-30m-star-is-going-to-tottenham-after-development/

12 hours ago, Borodin said:

Looking at the names of some of the players we are interested in I sometimes wonder if we actually scout them or simply open a tin of alphabet soup onto a plate and see what it spells out then google it. :cc:

Looking at Vestergaard and Coady - neither one particularly inspire me - Pjanic from Barca 31 yrs old - PASS! - looks like the same old Spurs to me - bargain basement shopping in the hope you might find someone half decent. I've seen Carter Vickers at Bournemouth on telly this season gone - and he looks better than Dier or Sanchez - different faces at the top - same old dross at the bottom.

14 hours ago, Borodin said:

Looking at the names of some of the players we are interested in I sometimes wonder if we actually scout them or simply open a tin of alphabet soup onto a plate and see what it spells out then google it. :cc:

There's a lot speculation of us looking at players we are meant to be chasing, but very little action happening.

When I read that that we are actually talking to these players discussing terms, that is when I will start believing that transfers in are on the cards. Then I will decide whether it is thumbs up or thumbs down. 

I don’t offer up who I would like to see come in as itis pretty meaningless as they would be top players and unlikely to come to us. 

COYS 

15 hours ago, Borodin said:

The biggest rumour has followed the announcement that Danny Ings has turned down a 4 year deal with Southampton. Story is that Harry Kane to City is virtually a done deal and Ings will come in as his replacement. He's 28 and valued at around £30m. I can't say that the prospect of him joining us sets my heart jumping but whilst nowhere near the calibre of Kane he is a solid dependable player who will regularly get us goals.

https://tbrfootball.com/dead-cert-some-rival-fans-are-convinced-30m-star-is-going-to-tottenham-after-development/

That is a lot of speculation, all he's said is that he wants to play at a higher level. I've seen reports saying Kane will stay and Ings will go to city cause Guardiola wants the cheaper option

I know there only rumours but I am liking the energy Paratici is bringing to the club ,,,I.e seemingly opening talks with various different players ,and obviously looking for the best deals ,,,,it’s definitely taken a lot off shite off levy’s shoulders 

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

I know there only rumours but I am liking the energy Paratici is bringing to the club ,,,I.e seemingly opening talks with various different players ,and obviously looking for the best deals ,,,,it’s definitely taken a lot off shite off levy’s shoulders 

His tactics are spot on, have yourself rumoured to be interested in quite a few players for the same position and then no-one really knows who the actual target is. That way whoever comes in can never be rated 'second best' by the media. He's beginning to impress me already.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, Borodin said:

This would seem to be a deal that Paratici is determined to get through

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/06/paratici-on-a-mad-one-some-spurs-fans-in-dreamland-after-hearing-25m-bid-has-gone-in/

Joaquin Correa from Lazio.

Update, I reckon this one will be going through very soon

https://tbrfootball.com/report-tottenham-make-26m-bid-for-argentina-star-at-copa-america/

On 7/6/2021 at 2:08 PM, Spurs8Winks said:

This morning is more links to Vestergaard and Anderson. An agreement has been agreed with Tomiyasu now it's just the club. Wow that's it it looks like

Apparently with Tomi if Japan do really well in the Olympics he's going to be there just before the season starts so no time to prepare with the squad but I think he will be a good sign in as he's versatile big and strong

Do you think, we‘ll be involved in the new Matrix film? I heard they are planning a 4th part.

And now we appointed Morpheus as new manager, maybe we‘ll get Neo as well. The chosen one. That would be great!

Thank god the special one is history lol