Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Yeah mate I know mr levy is a business man but this dof is helping so much ,,,,not only buying players but moving on players ,,,,his knowledge off football is a whole lot better than levy’s,,,and it’s who he knows ,,the contacts,,,only watching the pre season matches the fella was none stop on his phone ( if he was ordering a curry it was massive ) and talking to the other staff and Nuno,,,

it’s not gonna work all the time but at least he is trying ,,,our Italian Del Boy 

Could you imagine if he was out the d o f when Harry was manager :dd:it won't be the 1 in the morning press conferences it would have been all day long checking out all the the diamond deals we made...pukka 

5 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Could you imagine if he was out the d o f when Harry was manager :dd:it won't be the 1 in the morning press conferences it would have been all day long checking out all the the diamond deals we made...pukka 

Yeah mate Harry Redknapp was making a fortune out of the transfers in and out ,,he was getting 10% of all transfers,,,that’s why clubs have dof now to stop that sort of dealing 

pukka pizza mate 

22 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Yeah mate Harry Redknapp was making a fortune out of the transfers in and out ,,he was getting 10% of all transfers,,,that’s why clubs have dof now to stop that sort of dealing 

pukka pizza mate 

I just love Our 'Arry. Rough diamond maybe but he gave Spurs fans some memorable moments and he put together a great team.

12 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Toby departure official. That may have just released the extra funds required to complete the Romero deal. Maybe hear something about that soon now :thumb:

Like to see it asap - time running out to get players bedded in and getting to know everyone - all we want now is £25 million from Villa for Winks and hey ho!!

1 hour ago, grahambailey said:

Like to see it asap - time running out to get players bedded in and getting to know everyone - all we want now is £25 million from Villa for Winks and hey ho!!

I think there’s gonna be a couple of quick deals in and out ,,,I think spurs have reached the ceiling in there bid for Romero,,,so I think we might move on very quickly to 2 other centre backs that are cheaper in price and the clubs are willing to sell ,,,Atalanta have pushed our dof to far now ,,,,so the wheels are in motion already for the alternative options 

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

Toby departure official. That may have just released the extra funds required to complete the Romero deal. Maybe hear something about that soon now :thumb:

So sad he is going actually got choked when I saw his goodbye message and if you look at the highlights he basically supplied Dele goals for about 3 seasons with his long passes .

Gonna  miss

all the world:l:

So Chelsea have come in for Kounde and a few idiots are typing "Paratici Out" on the internet. This guy was never coming here despite negotiations between the two clubs . He always maintained he was not interested in Spurs and wanted Champions League football. It's a shame because it was originally meant to be a cash/player deal with us trading in Sanchez and Sevilla were very keen on the idea.

We cannot compete with the likes of Chelsea/City/ Man Utd on a financial footing and let's be fair we are hardly as tempting a prospect after last years 7th place finish and only the Europa Conference League as a sweetener on top of Premier league football.

I'll settle for getting a few players off the books, bringing in Hugo's understudy Gollini, Bryan Gil who I believe will shine and hopefully Romero. He is the one that could make or break this window for us and I cannot believe Fabio would let Toby leave without having a definite and confirmed contingency plan to replace him. Add to that Tomiyasu joining and a few other irons in the fire and it becomes quite an eventful window for us. Hopefully the beginning of a rebuild that will drastically and positively affect the fortunes of this club.

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

So Chelsea have come in for Kounde and a few idiots are typing "Paratici Out" on the internet. This guy was never coming here despite negotiations between the two clubs . He always maintained he was not interested in Spurs and wanted Champions League football. It's a shame because it was originally meant to be a cash/player deal with us trading in Sanchez and Sevilla were very keen on the idea.

We cannot compete with the likes of Chelsea/City/ Man Utd on a financial footing and let's be fair we are hardly as tempting a prospect after last years 7th place finish and only the Europa Conference League as a sweetener on top of Premier league football.

I'll settle for getting a few players off the books, bringing in Hugo's understudy Gollini, Bryan Gil who I believe will shine and hopefully Romero. He is the one that could make or break this window for us and I cannot believe Fabio would let Toby leave without having a definite and confirmed contingency plan to replace him. Add to that Tomiyasu joining and a few other irons in the fire and it becomes quite an eventful window for us. Hopefully the beginning of a rebuild that will drastically and positively affect the fortunes of this club.

Totally agree mate Paratici worked really quick to get a deal agreed for Kounde,,,with the club and his agents ,,then it’s down to the player ,,he said no ,,,ya can’t make players join the club .

its the same with Romero ( but opposite way round) the player wants to come to spurs but Atalanta keep changing the price every time spurs have upped the bid ,what is Paratici supposed to do ????

leave those bids open ,,,but move on to the next 2 or 3 centre backs that are available,,,and they would be more affordable aswell ,,,,Sevilla still want Sanchez but can’t afford him until they get rid of Kounde !

I have to admit I'm emotional to see Toby go.  Yes he has been slowing down lately but he is still a class player.  What shocks me is how Dier is still on the books and Sanchez the one apparently close to a move.  I would much rather keep Sanchez because all he needs is to get some consistency.  Eric on the other hand seems so lost I cannot see him turning it around.

Japhet and Rodon will be ok for Cups and such but we need an all new pairing that gets us the stability that Toby and Jan provided under Poch if we are to challenge the Top 6....and of course we still need to replace Modric.  Worth noting that we will likely play with a 3 so I just cannot see us defending well unless we bring in 2 more CB this window.  That would alleviate the need for left Wingbacks/Fullbacks because we have Reggie and Sess on the left.  The right is still a huge ??.

Glad we have a new keeper and Gil may turn out to be a good investment too.  i liked Lamela but his injury record made him expendable.  He was out more than in.

48 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I have to admit I'm emotional to see Toby go.  Yes he has been slowing down lately but he is still a class player.  What shocks me is how Dier is still on the books and Sanchez the one apparently close to a move.  I would much rather keep Sanchez because all he needs is to get some consistency.  Eric on the other hand seems so lost I cannot see him turning it around.

Japhet and Rodon will be ok for Cups and such but we need an all new pairing that gets us the stability that Toby and Jan provided under Poch if we are to challenge the Top 6....and of course we still need to replace Modric.  Worth noting that we will likely play with a 3 so I just cannot see us defending well unless we bring in 2 more CB this window.  That would alleviate the need for left Wingbacks/Fullbacks because we have Reggie and Sess on the left.  The right is still a huge ??.

Glad we have a new keeper and Gil may turn out to be a good investment too.  i liked Lamela but his injury record made him expendable.  He was out more than in.

I agree fella I can’t get why ya get rid of Sanchez and keep dier he is slow and pondering on the ball look at Declan fried rice pure player plays dm ,,,but is a better centre back ,,,I have faith in our dof things are gonna happen,,maybe we don’t need a right back get shot off aurier that will free up space Tanganga steps in his spot ,,,fingers crossed or dof has got this done already 

last bid for Romero put in aswell that’s 4 improvement’s on the original bid 

I am hearing that a fee has finally been agreed for Romero and the deal will be announced soon. Also that we are very heavily involved in negotiations for Dušan Vlahović who is a 21 year old striker at Fiorentina. This is not intended as a replacement for Harry Kane because it is planned on him staying with us for at least one more season.

Things beginning to look very,very positive. :thumb:

17 hours ago, Borodin said:

I am hearing that a fee has finally been agreed for Romero and the deal will be announced soon. Also that we are very heavily involved in negotiations for Dušan Vlahović who is a 21 year old striker at Fiorentina. This is not intended as a replacement for Harry Kane because it is planned on him staying with us for at least one more season.

Things beginning to look very,very positive. :thumb:

Yeah lots of positive signs fella ,,Vlahovic looks good there is the Nigerian fella aswell simmy 6”6” scored 20 goals last season if Kane stays I would take either one ...also I think Atalanta have tried to put up the price again for Romero,,,but I think we have 2 more centre back’s lined up 

I have taken a sabbatical not just from the forum, but from all things football except from watching Spurs on Wednesday.

It was great being away from all the daily rubbish rubbish regarding transfers. I am getting very irritated by these wild guesses that say one thing supposedly happening one day to read that talks have broken down the next. 

I am getting irritated, after all the hype of Paraciti being so good with so many contacts, sod all of significance is happening. Some 2 weeks to the start of the season and and not one fantastic signing to suggest we are finally going to put football first. Even worse, we give away 32 year old Aulderweirald for 3 million (our most reliable CB last season) before we have bought his replacement. 

Talk about 'same old, same old', nothing has changed. 

The only light on the horizon, for me, has been the response on the pitch of players badly treated by Mourinho. With Juno's new approach to how we play and the enthusiasm of the players, my hope and enthusiasm for this coming season remains high despite the disappointing transfer window. Also, if Harry should leave, although I would be sad, I am encouraged the hole he leaves is no where near as big as I once thought. 

COYS 

Having spent a week not looking at journos gossip, I have just read an alert on the Romero saga. It suggests Spurs have made an offer of £43 but Atalanta don't want to go ahead until they have a replacement. Nuno wants the player for the opening game v City. 

Apparently City want Grealish and Kane for the start of the season and DL is pushing for Kane not to play against Spurs. 

Not an ounce of certainty in any of this gossip, so why print it. I shall revert to not responding to any of these alerts again as they wind me up something rotten. 

A curse on all journos. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Having spent a week not looking at journos gossip, I have just read an alert on the Romero saga. It suggests Spurs have made an offer of £43 but Atalanta don't want to go ahead until they have a replacement. Nuno wants the player for the opening game v City. 

Apparently City want Grealish and Kane for the start of the season and DL is pushing for Kane not to play against Spurs. 

Not an ounce of certainty in any of this gossip, so why print it. I shall revert to not responding to any of these alerts again as they wind me up something rotten. 

A curse on all journos. 

COYS 

That bid is up to £50 million mate ,,,Jack Grealish is going to city ,,,villa have just brought Leon Bailey as a replacement,,,,,spurs are favourites to get the Japan player ,,,,mate our dof is better than levy dealing with it all simple 

I'm expecting the Romero deal to be announced this evening. It is widely thought the club is trying to distract the fans away from the Kane negativity and onto something upbeat and positive like the arrival of this guy. Cunning plan :cc:

44 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I'm expecting the Romero deal to be announced this evening. It is widely thought the club is trying to distract the fans away from the Kane negativity and onto something upbeat and positive like the arrival of this guy. Cunning plan :cc:

Hopefully mate but Atalanta are trying to buy a 2 nd centre back before they fully agree to the transfer 

5 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Hopefully mate but Atalanta are trying to buy a 2 nd centre back before they fully agree to the transfer 

Just announced my friend : Atalanta have already reached an agreement with Juventus for defender Merih Demiral

Full circle deal. Demiral from Juve to Atalanta, Romero from Atalanta to Spurs, Juve get €16m and are able to buy Locatelli :thumb:

Done deal ..... Joe Hart joins Celtic on a permanent deal from Tottenham, £15k per week as salary. Medical and official announcement this week.

An appointment I never really understood but I wish the lad well.