Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

I think Hugo has recovered from the patch where he had some nightmare games, so I would like to see him stay. He had many heroic games this season and saved us from big defeats. I would have given him player of the year. 

That said, PSG is a big club, and if Poch remains, I think he if they come in for him, he will go. 

COYS 

Jesus and £70m for Harry Kane ?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-harry-kane-man-city-24212312

Daily Star Sunday understands that an offer of Jesus, valued at £70 million, PLUS a similar amount in cash could tempt Tottenham.

I would hate to see Harry leave but a direct replacement striker (note I did not say equivalent) plus £70m would allow us to tick one box and have money to hopefully check two more. Whether or not Jesus would get us enough goals/assists a season is another question but if Kane has to go then this does seem a reasonable offer. Naturally I would prefer a straight cash deal of £120m plus but that is never going to happen in today's footballing climate.

15 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Sterling won’t come to us anyway, we don’t pay enough.  

Along with Rashford he has to be one of the most over rated players in the Premier League. I wouldn't have him on a free. Even the City supporters were slagging him off after the match earlier saying that he'd had a terrible season.

Right Mr8, what are the odds that by the end of the transfer season we, as fans, will be chuffed with the movements in and out? 

I have this sinking feeling most of those we want out will still be with us, some of those we hope to still be here will have left, and any newcomers will not reach the heights we hoped they would. 

But I have just become a cynical old fart over the last couple of decades. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Right Mr8, what are the odds that by the end of the transfer season we, as fans, will be chuffed with the movements in and out? 

I have this sinking feeling most of those we want out will still be with us, some of those we hope to still be here will have left, and any newcomers will not reach the heights we hoped they would. 

But I have just become a cynical old fart over the last couple of decades. 

COYS 

I was going to post 'agree' until I read the last bit about you being a cynical old fart so I'll give you a 'like' instead as I think you're right about us still carrying dead weight next season.

Thankfully we no longer interested in rudiger

Seriously id have stopped supporting Spurs if we bought this utter trash. Levy should be suing the fucktard for libel not trying to buy him. 

Tries to stamp on a prone Son . gets him sent off by over reacting to Sons defence then wonders why Spurs fans boo him which he chooses to call monkey chants . 

I can't yet make up my mind which is the most important - somehow to persuade other clubs to take the dross off our hands or to get in in some half decent players to strengthen the squad. 

To get back some of the loanees who shone for other clubs last season is fine, but to have those still in the club conceding goals negates any strengthening we do. 

I can feel the urge to get back on my fence returning. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

The clear out has to happen first, even if it means promoting youngsters to our first team squad as replacements.

100% agree, let's get a manager in place (this year preferably) and let him clear out all his unwanted trash so then we can evaluate just what we are left with and who is needed and in what positions. I have a feeling Paratici will play a very big part in choosing the newcomers too and will be starting to make a list next week. :thumb:

Wow it’s been a while anyway, I was thinking and it’s great that Paratici is coming in and wants to sign all this players but we have to get players out too and I hope he realises that. We want skipp to be used next season and sabitzer but first we have to clear winks and sissoko. And it’s nice we want Max Aarons but we need Aurier to leave first. It’s great we want Skriniar and Anderson and I think Paratici can actually do that but we have to sell Sanchez which I do think is doable. I also wonder what the stance is on Dier, Davies and Alderweireld. I think Lamela will leave and if we do sign Bale and Lamela leaves and Lucas is attracting a lot of interest. So if that happens we have Son, Bale, Bergwijn which is 3 wingers which I think we need another cause I think the 5 we have now is too much. I don’t think we need a backup striker cause we have Parrott but we don’t want to have to rely on him if Kane gets injured. And what if Ndombele or Lo Celso or maybe even Sabitzer are failing at Cam. Dybala solves all those problems. Backup striker in case. An extra winger. And if we need a Cam. Finally I wonder want the stance is about Sess. I personally think we should sell Davies and he’s our replacement

There is an old English proverb that goes "If ifs and buts were pots and pans (there'd be no work for tinkers hands) 

The phrase advises against wishing for the the impossible to happen. It is saying that wishing for things is useless. In my younger days it was usually used as a reply to someone who started a sentence, "If only" meaning you are being over optimistic. 

That is why this old fart who will be 82 next month rarely joins in with such speculations. 

That said, keep coming up with your ideas as I am intrigued with all the widely differing views. It is what makes this forum so interesting and, with me jumping on and off off my fence as I keep changing my mind having read a new post. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Mr8ballJR said:

Transfer news:

Tottenham ready to offer £14m bargain Real Madrid attacking star three year contract. the player is isco

source:[teamtalk] 

Thanks for that young Alfie. Hope you enjoy yourself in here discussing our wonderful football team :cc:. I also hope your horse tips are better than your dad's :1579412966_emo1:

2 hours ago, Mr8ballJR said:

Transfer news:

Tottenham ready to offer £14m bargain Real Madrid attacking star three year contract. the player is isco

source:[teamtalk] 

I really hope Paratici will overturn that idea, he seems like the perfect player to be an Arsenal flop

Transfer news:

tottenham and inter Milan are ready to offer Memphis depay an alternative to Barcelona with the lure of a 4 year contract, something he has not been offered thus far

source: [FC inter news]

If any player from Citeh, Ake would make sense in the first place!

But I heard we are chasing Bonucci. He hasn’t worked for Milan, he won’t work for us. Why? He needs a player like Chiellini or de Ligt next to him. Demirsl and him for example were awful. Same story, same problem. IT NEEDS A LEFT FOOT for gods sake!!!!

We had the best defense in the Prem, no matter who was playing. That changed because of one significant player. JAN VERTHONGEN!!! Is it really that hard to overstand? 

What the hell is wrong with the board? Who advices the bunch of cognitive limited hobbits and the frecking Gollum? 

Bonucci is bloody 34!!!! He is older than Toby. Paratici is a big error. He is not only working for his own pocket, it seems he still works for Juve to save and make money for the old lady, he gives a shit on our club and sell us Juves overvalued deadwood. Nothing else than a waste of money!

7 hours ago, Mr8ballJR said:

Transfer news:

tottenham and inter Milan are ready to offer Memphis depay an alternative to Barcelona with the lure of a 4 year contract, something he has not been offered thus far

source: [FC inter news]

Barca has its reputation and Koeman who is dutch. So to me, Barca has the best cards. Inter can give him a fixed place in the starting eleven and has won the Serie A. We can offer him.... at least money. But we will have to offer him much more than the other clubs to lure him to London. Thank god his contract runs out! 

Tbh, I would have signed Isco right from the spot, when he was playing for Malaga and who was introduced as direct replacement for Santi Cazorla. One of the best attacking midfielders in Spain at that time. That’s why Real has signed him. As for James and Bale he is a risk, who also suffered from an injury, manager changes little playing time and practice. He is 29, but expensive as fuck. 

Athletically he make sense to me, but not economically. He would be the highest payed player at 225k. Even Harry is earning less and is still at 200k. Apart from our lack of winning trophies, maybe its the salary why Harry wants to leave. Christian has gone for the same reasons, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Mr8ballJR said:

Transfer news:

Tottenham target Marcel sabitzer could leave RB Leipzig for around 15mil !!! 

source : [ The athletic] tier 1

Thanks Alfie for that but are you able to actually copy and paste the article link url address in for us too ? It makes finding it so much easier :thumb: Like I've done with this one for example. Doesn't matter if not though mate.

https://theathletic.com/premier-league/

Cheers

On 6/9/2021 at 5:23 PM, Mr8ballJR said:

Transfer news:

Tottenham target Marcel sabitzer could leave RB Leipzig for around 15mil !!! 

source : [ The athletic] tier 1

Hard working lad. Definitely better than Winks. I would rather have Botman from Lille (former Ajax) but another rumors say, we are linked with Romagnoli. The first left foot since Vertonghen?

we‘ll see

1 hour ago, Spurfect said:

Hard working lad. Definitely better than Winks. I would rather have Botman from Lille (former Ajax) but another rumors say, we are linked with Romagnoli. The first left foot since Vertonghen?

we‘ll see

Forget it! With Langlet and Umtiti both not convincing, Barca is now interested as well in the italian