Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

I made a YouTube channel with all the news from Tottenham, I did a couple of test videos in march but I'm bringing it back now. I only use reliable sources. And I'm going to try and start doing it daily. Please check it out if you get a chance. Here's todays: 

39 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Gonzalez from Stuttgart 25 million euros ,,,is this the start off the rebuild 

If the pig I have just seen fly past my window is any indication, I wouldn't raise your hopes to high. LOL

COYS 

17 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Have we had any announcement or whether Skippy's coming back because that would be like a new signing imagine him working with hoiberg and ndembele would actually have some decent creativity and defensive football?

I don't think parrots ready yet?

This is the last thing I can find on the lad was that he had been spotted looking at properties in Norwich (June 6th) https://theboyhotspur.com/tottenham-oliver-skipp-viewing-property-norwich/

Then another article saying Levy wants to keep him https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/10/report-levy-wants-next-tottenham-boss-to-play-sessegnon-and-skipp/

All a bit confusing. I hope the lad comes back.

Towards the end of the season, I read somewhere that Skippy had said he loved it at Norwich and felt at home there. 

Of course, money is always an incentive to entice players away from clubs they enjoy playing for.

We who are Spurs fans have followed his career at Norwich and would be more than happy to see him back. Will a new manager who is not from an EPL team feel the same way? Also how much will he have to spend and who will he choose for the position Skippy would play in? 

It is so, so frustrating not yet having a manager. It is making the weeks and months to kick off annoyingly long not having a clue as to how are squad will look like, and whether we can raise our hopes or pull our hair out. 

It seems as though it is all worry, worry, worry - like the last weeks of Mourhinio's tenure. 

COYS 

On 11/26/2020 at 5:40 PM, Cromulentmart said:

Yes to this. It is not going to happen. I'm not sure Winks is going to get any better than he is right now. Skipp is nearer the armband then Winks.

I won't be surprised (or particularly unhappy) if Winks is sold or goes out on loan in January. He is close to being a great player, but he has not got there yet and I am not sure he ever will.

Winks is never going to get to the next level  - I have seen no improvement whatsoever in the last 3 years - I agree with you totally - Skipp is the outstanding talent at our club at this time - definitely a million miles better than Winks already - Winks , Alli , Sissoko and Lamela need getting shot of - Moura is not consistent enough - although as with Lamela at least you know they'll put a shift in.
Complete rebuild cannot allow room for Winks or Alli in my opinion I'm afraid - nor Loris or Hart - if it is to be Fonseca he also has to dump Dier and Sanchez - I have asked this question before - I have never seen Cameron Vickers make anywhere near the same mistakes as Sanchez - so why are they getting rid? Played really well all last season and a couple of Premiership sides tracking him - another Foyth balls up in our grand old tradition?.

I've seen Berardi, Gonzalez, Damsgaard, De Vrij, and Brozovic this morning.The first 2 are the only ones from reliable sources and Fiorentina have retracted there Gonzalez bid after his nightmare against Chile last night. Let's hope that's just a bad game. I would take everyone but Brozovic, he's a Hojbjerg type players and we don't need 2. Also, If we get Berardi, Thuram (striker if needed) and Gonzalez (also can be striker if needed) who are both wingers don't you think that at least 2/3 wingers will leave. Yes maybe we won't get them all but Concrete steps have been made for all of them. That could be Bale, Lamela or Lucas. Hopefully it's Lamela and Lucas. It looks like there focusing on attack and midfield for now. I think the big thing in defense is selling and they have to sell a lot in defense before they sign.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Aurier deal has apparently fallen through. Fee was agreed at £17m. I wonder if Poch wanted this deal or not ??. Somebody definitely didn't rate him.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-second-place-european-club-reject-signing-tottenham-ace-17m-fee-had-been-agreed/

If this is true, it supports my several posts pointing out how difficult it wil be to ship out unwanted players.

Short of offering them for free, I can't think of a workable way of getting rid of unwanted players. At this rate they will all be doing a Danny Rose on our books, sat on their arses until their contract runs out. Perhaps we will have to pay clubs to take them off us.  LOL except itis not funny it is tragic. 

COYS 

Paratici needs a little more trust from fans, Levy has trained spurs fans to be pessimists and it will be hard but fans have to work to start to trust him again. I know Fonseca hasn’t officially signed yet but I think we can expect a lot of signings from Italy this summer including a small raid on Roma. Hopeful a lot of sales too. Gotta hope we make one signing, then two, then 3 and just start picking up steam and same with sales.

3 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Paratici needs a little more trust from fans, Levy has trained spurs fans to be pessimists and it will be hard but fans have to work to start to trust him again. I know Fonseca hasn’t officially signed yet but I think we can expect a lot of signings from Italy this summer including a small raid on Roma. Hopeful a lot of sales too. Gotta hope we make one signing, then two, then 3 and just start picking up steam and same with sales.

There is the big fly in the ointment and it will be Levy who will determine how that eventually pans out. Paratici (together with Fonseca) will give Daniel a list of players they regard as surplus to requirements and should be sold. Their agents will then be told of the situation and advised to begin looking for other clubs for their clients. I have no doubt that offers will come in but it's just how far Levy is prepared to go in order for this rebuild to take place. He has to be willing to bite the bullet on a few simply to get them off the payroll and out of the squad so that fresh talent can come in.

My other concern is that the current economic situation within football (together with Levy's well known miserly attitude when haggling) will prevent Harry Kane from moving if he ends up wishing to do so. The last thing we need is our star striker going into next season feeling angry and frustrated that a chance for him to play at another top club (e.g. Man City) didn't happen because Daniel insisted on holding out for more money rather than respecting Kane's desire to move.

I agree we shouldn't let him go too cheaply but we also need to be realistic about incoming offers. Maybe Harry Kane doesn't want to wait and be part of another Spurs rebuild in person but he could still help finance such an operation if he is sold. At the end of the day, as much as we all love Harry, this is about planning for the future of the club for years to come.

I have always felt that the earlier you get your transfer in during the summer break, the better to get the new players fitting in. I appreciate with some clubs they may need to sell first, but I can't accept that is a problem for us with our assets.

I also feel the manager is the one who should have the final say. Because of the debacle that is leaving us still managerless, I am fast losing hope that this transfer window will assist us to prepare gainfully for next deason.. The fixture list for the opening games has been reasonably kind to us. I hope that somehow a miracle happens and we get a decent manager very soon, and we see some of the dross moved out, and and those that come in don't turn out to be mistakes as too often has happened in recent past Windows. 

Things have looked gloomy for too long - surely by the law of averages, things are going to return bringing some happiness into our lives. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

As long as he doesn't come to us. I would rate him as 'not bad' but I'm unsure he will develop to being a top class winner. 

I wish him luck as I like the guy. 

COYS