Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

If journo talk is to be believed, one person who quite likely will not be with us next season is Gareth. His agent has apparently said their is nothing in the contract giving Spurs an option to keep him. Then there is Ancelotti praising Bale saying he could be an asset and their is to be talks between the two shortly. 

I would have been happy for Gareth to stay. OK he had his off days, but I think on balance he scored and assisted on a semi regular basis. When you consider even our so called best players also had their bad days, so I think it fair to say Gareth played his part. 

Thank you Gareth for giving us last season. 

COYS 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, Borodin said:

There is an old saying "Better the devil you know" but in Daniel Levy's case I am willing to take the risk and try another one.

I don't think even the devil will do a deal with Levy, seriously it's Joe Lewis and enic real devil's sitting on their billions and watching us choke:387637640_em3:

Every club makes some right shite buys it’s a lottery ,,,we have made some very good buys aswell ,,,modric ,,bale ,,Hugo,,,toby,,,ericksen,,,Walker,,,,Rose,,,son,,verts,,,Moura,,,le Tesco’s,,deli ,,,Hojbjerg,,

it’s a lottery buying players ,,,and then it’s. Down to whether they wanna play for spurs and the club has to fill the homegrown quota aswell people 

8 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

I don't think even the devil will do a deal with Levy, seriously it's Joe Lewis and enic real devil's sitting on their billions and watching us choke:387637640_em3:

They aren’t allowed to spend there own money only the clubs income and revenue that’s the law 

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Every club makes some right shite buys it’s a lottery ,,,we have made some very good buys aswell ,,,modric ,,bale ,,Hugo,,,toby,,,ericksen,,,Walker,,,,Rose,,,son,,verts,,,Moura,,,le Tesco’s,,deli ,,,Hojbjerg,,

it’s a lottery buying players ,,,and then it’s. Down to whether they wanna play for spurs and the club has to fill the homegrown quota aswell people 

What I would like to see in this window is thoughtful buys.

We know where we need replacements of guys in defence whose mistakes too often led to goals. So far none of those have gone or even mentioned by journos as being wanted by other clubs - that in itself speaks volumes as who would want them. I fear we are going to be stuck with them. 

I don't see how we are going to increase our homegrown numbers. To take them out of the academy is no good as they are not ready yet to be regular 1st team members. To buy the quality we need Is unlikely as they won't necessarily want to join us even if  DL found the monet to buy them. 

We who post on here will just have to carry on as usual - living in hope but prepared for disappointment. After all we're well used to it now having had 2 years of practice!! LOL

Thankfully we have this forum to help us if the hope that things can only get better turns to, 'Oh no, not more misery'. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

What I would like to see in this window is thoughtful buys.

We know where we need replacements of guys in defence whose mistakes too often led to goals. So far none of those have gone or even mentioned by journos as being wanted by other clubs - that in itself speaks volumes as who would want them. I fear we are going to be stuck with them. 

I don't see how we are going to increase our homegrown numbers. To take them out of the academy is no good as they are not ready yet to be regular 1st team members. To buy the quality we need Is unlikely as they won't necessarily want to join us even if  DL found the monet to buy them. 

We who post on here will just have to carry on as usual - living in hope but prepared for disappointment. After all we're well used to it now having had 2 years of practice!! LOL

Thankfully we have this forum to help us if the hope that things can only get better turns to, 'Oh no, not more misery'. 

COYS 

Completely agree with that James but even more importantly are the 'thoughtful sells'. Let's get rid of the dross and make room for the new arrivals  :thumb:

13 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Looks like with the new manager it’s full steam ahead in the market with the Tomiyasu bid and the talks that have opened with Kounde

Let's hope so before man United sign all the bleeding top players with Man City following obviously

1 hour ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Anyone else notice they didn't announce a backroom staff with him?

Good point. 

It would be good if he can work with our current coaching staff. I don't think they particularly can be blamed for the performances of the players on the pitch. If we keep them there will be no disruption and we don't have to make any of our loyal staff redundant. 

COYS 

15 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Looks like with the new manager it’s full steam ahead in the market with the Tomiyasu bid and the talks that have opened with Kounde

https://t.co/Dd44Vh1an9?amp=1

Goodbye Aurier ???

https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-begin-talks-fiorentina-in-form-striker-dusan-vlahovic

Goodbye Harry ???

22 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I think Vlahovic is a backup Striker, I also think Vlahovic could play with Kane cause I think Nuno might be looking to play a 442. Also Tomiyasu is a CB, he can play RB but mainly a CB

39 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Surely Harry has spoken weeks ago with DL so, if he is determined to go, I think it may be 'goodbye'. 

However, I'm setting myself up for a fall and deep disappointment.

We have new manager who may well surprise the doubters and have it in him ro develop into a top manager if given some top players. We have Paratici (someone with a top CV) as Director of Football implying DL will not be part of the footballing side. We have, hopefully, a fully chastened DL surprised at the fans uprising against him, that he ow realises he has to find the money for players. With the silence regarding a transfer for Harry, DL has spoken to him and persuaded him to stay and that has led Sonny and Hojbjerg to stay as well. 

Out of the farce trying to find a manager, somehow I feel we have finished up in a far better position than I ever hoped for. I have taken off my rose coloured glasses, jumped down off my fence and I am feeling excited that a top 4 finish is in with a chance. We have this and the winter transfer window for Paraciti and Nuno to get rid of the dross and replace them with players who will not turn out to be turnips. 

No I am not drunk or smoking the funny stuff. I just feel really positive and hopeful. 

COYS 

Follow up on the backroom staff thing, I emailed Levy because there is a person who answers all of his emails and they said the announcement yesterday was just the manager and the backroom staff will be coming with it shortly. It also said she can confirm that Levy has read my message. If he hasn’t it will say he gets a lot of these emails but he tries to get to all of them.

The backroom staff will be coming shortly

This tells me nothing.

His staff? Our staff? They are going to have a meeting a meeting  to decide who they are? How long is shortly? 

Thanks for trying. Perhaps you could pass on DL's email address so more of us can email him. 

COYS 

12 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

The backroom staff will be coming shortly

This tells me nothing.

His staff? Our staff? They are going to have a meeting a meeting  to decide who they are? How long is shortly? 

Thanks for trying. Perhaps you could pass on DL's email address so more of us can email him. 

COYS 

Btw they didn’t say shortly they said, “any further coaching updates should be announced in due course”

6 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Btw they didn’t say shortly they said, “any further coaching updates should be announced in due course”

You did write shortly which is completely different to in due course which could be weeks. That's just as bad as shortly, it implies there will be changes but we don't know who and when. So it is still telling us nothing and didn't answer your question to Levy. 

COYS 

COYS 

A report in yesterday's Telegraph said

Nuno has been told that Kane will not be sold without his blessing. It also said Kane would reiterate his desire to leave. 

An interesting tussle leaving a puzzle. If Harry is denied a move and made to stay against his wishes, surely this could affect his performances on the field - he could, in theory, finish up as an expensive bench player who gets transferred in the winter window for less than we could get now. 

I'd like to think he would still play to his best, but he is only human, and mentally it wil be very tough for him to not be affected. 

COYS 

22 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

You did write shortly which is completely different to in due course which could be weeks. That's just as bad as shortly, it implies there will be changes but we don't know who and when. So it is still telling us nothing and didn't answer your question to Levy. 

COYS 

COYS 

It does sort of answer the question, it says they will try to work out the backroom staff and be able to announce them at some point in the near future. When that is is unknown

With Utd having bought Sancho, it means on other of their reported options, Calvert Lewis is still available if Harry leaves. I think he is a good option for us and  replaces an English player where we need to keep an eye on so that we don't fall short. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

It does sort of answer the question, it says they will try to work out the backroom staff and be able to announce them at some point in the near future. When that is is unknown

Good morning, or is it afternoon where you live? 

When Spurs matches are shown on TV, if the kick off at 3pm our time, what time will that be for you? If inconvenient, can you record them and watch later? 

COYS 

8 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

With Utd having bought Sancho, it means on other of their reported options, Calvert Lewis is still available if Harry leaves. I think he is a good option for us and  replaces an English player where we need to keep an eye on so that we don't fall short. 

COYS 

Now that Benitez has gone to Everton they will be looking at the same calibre of players as us - and there is no way they would sell Cal.Lewis to us - I'd rather see Anderson and Skriniar bought first - along with the Japanese fella if that's the route they're going down - when everyone expected us to lose every game when Harry was injured - we actually fared a lot better - they played as a team - rather than Harry and a team - we need to get rid of Sissoko , Winks , Lamella , Aurier , Sanchez , Dier , Hart and Lloris  as a minimum and replace them all with Premiership standard GK , RB , CB and a World Class CB which would give us the chance to offload the deadwood and lower the wage bill and then pencil in Moura , Delle Ali and Alderweireld to sell if the money is right - brutal but absolutely necessary - Levy has stood back and wasted 3 seasons - while just look at Leicester - who are accomplishing what the fat-head Levy keeps promising - and paying less to do it! - come on Levy act like you care!!!. COYS!

Edited by grahambailey
grammar