Jump to content
Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

I love the idea, but the practicality in the real world of football transfers means, I fear, very little of it will happen. The only certainties are the likes of Rose and Gazza whose contracts ran out. 

Sadly, the next few weeks will be full of journo speculation of who we are after and the reasons why it never happened. Even sadder, I struggle to recall any rumours of clubs coming in for our dross. We couldn't even give away Danny Rose, and he was a half decent player on his day. 

I live in hope but without any real conviction. Unfortunately, I fear the only players that other clubs will come in for will be for the ones we want to keep. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I love the idea, but the practicality in the real world of football transfers means, I fear, very little of it will happen. The only certainties are the likes of Rose and Gazza whose contracts ran out. 

Sadly, the next few weeks will be full of journo speculation of who we are after and the reasons why it never happened. Even sadder, I struggle to recall any rumours of clubs coming in for our dross. We couldn't even give away Danny Rose, and he was a half decent player on his day. 

I live in hope but without any real conviction. Unfortunately, I fear the only players that other clubs will come in for will be for the ones we want to keep. 

COYS 

Yes - unfortunately I think you're pretty damn close to what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are strongly linked with this guy  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/29/tottenham-warned-mikkel-damsgaard-could-now-cost-43m/

Mikkel Damsgaard.

He has done himself nothing but good with his Euro 2020 performances and driven his price skywards. His signing really would be a sign of our intentions to rebuild positively.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Here it is btw I very simply looked this up: [email protected]

I contacted that address yesterday evening and sent the following message :

Dear Daniel,

I sincerely hope that the positive synergy which you, Fabio and Nuno are able to create working together puts us back on track next season to be once again challenging for major honours.

Much work to be done and maybe a fire sale required to remove some of the unwanted ballast but I'm sure the quality of players incoming will complement the ones that remain.

My sincere best wishes for a hugely successful 21/22 season.

COYS !!!

I received the following reply this morning :

Good morning Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Chairman.

I can confirm that he has read your message and we are grateful for your very kind words of support and welcome for Nuno, which are much appreciated. Please be assured that he is looking forward to starting work with the team to prepare for the season ahead. COYS!

Kind regards,

Julia

 

 0?ui=2&ik=ee4cfdb993&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1704165305391850458&th=17a66950f26d23da&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_k2zMrCTVeTr0KNqKN9vkH_0C0ouxe3utfXavuvpGTkt-dlZG9o_CTEJu7qvqOFtOUGSUEE_KhTcjWxbqT-EV0HVC1xHhg99fh2zOBegVvUKHN3njlkYpEoZ8&disp=emb

Julia
Supporter Services

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Good morning, or is it afternoon where you live? 

When Spurs matches are shown on TV, if the kick off at 3pm our time, what time will that be for you? If inconvenient, can you record them and watch later? 

COYS 

I live in US central time in Chicago so 6 hours behind UK time, I sometimes have to wake up to watch games at 6 in the morning (your lunch time games). Your 8 pm games are 2 pm for me, your 2 pm are 8 am for me, 6 pm noon for me, your 3pm are 9pm and your 4pm games are 10:00. Currently here it's 9 in the morning. I can record them but I just wake up. I know NBCSN is going away and that and Peacock the streaming service is how I watch my games so I wonder how I'll watch them and what TV service will pick up the games or if Peacock will just have them. For midweek games, I put notifications on my apple watch so whenever ANY premier league team scores so I know the score while I'm in school. On the weekends I essentially set myself to a different time zone to watch games. I have about 6 people I can talk to about Professional Football (I do call it football). 1 from school, 1 neighbor, and 4 kids on my football team. 2 of the kids are from England and 1 from Finland. 2 Chelsea fans, a Leeds fan, a Liverpool supporter, 2 for Man City, and 2 people who also support Fulham along with another team. Many kids at school bully me for watching, playing and even liking football and claim it's just a ton of idiots running around kicking a ball and it's easy but I know they'll never understand how it feels when you're team scores or wins or you score or win. I appreciate you asking it's something I love to talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toby wants to leave so it looks like we'll be getting 1 or 2 CBs this summer. Maybe up to 3 if Sanchez leaves but in that case I think Tanganga will be moved to the first team on a permanent basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I love the idea, but the practicality in the real world of football transfers means, I fear, very little of it will happen. The only certainties are the likes of Rose and Gazza whose contracts ran out. 

Sadly, the next few weeks will be full of journo speculation of who we are after and the reasons why it never happened. Even sadder, I struggle to recall any rumours of clubs coming in for our dross. We couldn't even give away Danny Rose, and he was a half decent player on his day. 

I live in hope but without any real conviction. Unfortunately, I fear the only players that other clubs will come in for will be for the ones we want to keep. 

COYS 

Give Paratici a chance he's different. I remember someone from Juventus a few weeks back said, "he never sleeps when he is set on something." Means he has passion give him a chance to  use it. Finding a manager is different then signing a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Many kids at school bully me for watching, playing and even liking football and claim it's just a ton of idiots running around kicking a ball and it's easy but I know they'll never understand how it feels when you're team scores or wins or you score or win. I appreciate you asking it's something I love to talk about.

Over here in the UK, many people regard gridiron/NFL as a sport for pussies as they were full body armour!

I used to play for a team over here - Oxford Saints @ receiver and OLB, and loved every minute. Unfortunately injuries and age soon caught up with me.
At one point we has an ex-Bears and LA Rams player (Steve Connor, DT) as our head coach. 

The game is still at amateur level and started to die off in the late 90's, but I believe there is a slight revival at the moment.
There used to be a European professional league (NFL Europe) which included the London Monarchs, but sadly that ended in the late 2000's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GPK said:

Over here in the UK, many people regard gridiron/NFL as a sport for pussies as they were full body armour!

I used to play for a team over here - Oxford Saints @ receiver and OLB, and loved every minute. Unfortunately injuries and age soon caught up with me.
At one point we has an ex-Bears and LA Rams player (Steve Connor, DT) as our head coach. 

The game is still at amateur level and started to die off in the late 90's, but I believe there is a slight revival at the moment.
There used to be a European professional league (NFL Europe) which included the London Monarchs, but sadly that ended in the late 2000's.

It’s funny isn’t it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

I live in US central time in Chicago so 6 hours behind UK time, I sometimes have to wake up to watch games at 6 in the morning (your lunch time games). Your 8 pm games are 2 pm for me, your 2 pm are 8 am for me, 6 pm noon for me, your 3pm are 9pm and your 4pm games are 10:00. Currently here it's 9 in the morning. I can record them but I just wake up. I know NBCSN is going away and that and Peacock the streaming service is how I watch my games so I wonder how I'll watch them and what TV service will pick up the games or if Peacock will just have them. For midweek games, I put notifications on my apple watch so whenever ANY premier league team scores so I know the score while I'm in school. On the weekends I essentially set myself to a different time zone to watch games. I have about 6 people I can talk to about Professional Football (I do call it football). 1 from school, 1 neighbor, and 4 kids on my football team. 2 of the kids are from England and 1 from Finland. 2 Chelsea fans, a Leeds fan, a Liverpool supporter, 2 for Man City, and 2 people who also support Fulham along with another team. Many kids at school bully me for watching, playing and even liking football and claim it's just a ton of idiots running around kicking a ball and it's easy but I know they'll never understand how it feels when you're team scores or wins or you score or win. I appreciate you asking it's something I love to talk about.

Fella 1 you should never get bullied and I am horrified that you did for following another sport wow .

nfl I like and I do ,,,,but it’s nothing compared to rugby ( a proper brutal contact sport without the girlies pads ) baseball I like better ( but in England it’s called rounders lol) basketball is completely boring no Fukien point ( netball in England is better) and the ladies are lovely looking aswell,,,,ice hokey is a cool game lots going on 

football is so much cheaper for parents than nfl ,,,boots and a balll off ya go simple 

many years ago 4 nfl stars came to England to play rugby lol didn’t last training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spurs8Winks said:

It’s funny isn’t it

Watch the British lions in South Africa mate it’s gonna be proper brutal no fukin about you watch these boys play and fight you will be amazed ,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Watch the British lions in South Africa mate it’s gonna be proper brutal no fukin about you watch these boys play and fight you will be amazed ,,,

Nevermind read the full message

Edited by Spurs8Winks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General talk is the Tomiyasu is set to go through early next week. Main issues covered now and just a question of covid/Brexit red tape getting sorted. If we can get this one over the line early then Paratici will have definitely earned some respect points with me.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very eventful few weeks as the exit / entrance doors start swinging open at the club. :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borodin said:

General talk is the Tomiyasu is set to go through early next week. Main issues covered now and just a question of covid/Brexit red tape getting sorted. If we can get this one over the line early then Paratici will have definitely earned some respect points with me.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very eventful few weeks as the exit / entrance doors start swinging open at the club. :thumb:

Apparently levy squabbling over 2 mil as usual, so he's going to wait for someone else to come in and out bid us as usual, stingy git, even with only a few fans in the stadium  Surly for sales from the NFL next month will get him the money

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/tottenham-transfer-rumours/tottenham-hotspur-sky-sports-drop-takehiro-tomiyasu-claim-on-live-tv/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, Borodin said:

Putting this link in to confirm the post James made earlier about Everton interested in Alli, Winks and Gazzaniga but also because it has a really good quiz on former Spurs stars. Top score is 10/10. Have a go and post up your score :16: I managed just 4 :12: how embarassing is that.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/tottenham-transfer-rumours/tottenham-hotspur-dele-alli-attracting-everton-interest-as-spurs-exit-potentially-step-closer/

9/10 Got the last one wrong! Bugger!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2021 at 3:33 PM, Borodin said:

We are strongly linked with this guy  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/29/tottenham-warned-mikkel-damsgaard-could-now-cost-43m/

Mikkel Damsgaard.

He has done himself nothing but good with his Euro 2020 performances and driven his price skywards. His signing really would be a sign of our intentions to rebuild positively.

 

If it should be a Dane, I rather take Maehle for 13 million and Ziyech on a cut price. A Tuchel Chelsea has no use for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Borodin said:

General talk is the Tomiyasu is set to go through early next week. Main issues covered now and just a question of covid/Brexit red tape getting sorted. If we can get this one over the line early then Paratici will have definitely earned some respect points with me.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very eventful few weeks as the exit / entrance doors start swinging open at the club. :thumb:

I bet the rules are a nightmare is there still at all that you have to have play the certain amount of games for your country? Surely the test is he has to love England and have a few jabs test and isolate for 7-days job done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read from Ali Gold: Sessegnon, Tanganga and Skipp will stay next season as a part of the first team, Rodon though many clubs interested will stay and Nuno will make use of him, Alderweireld wants to leave, Bergwijn will stay, Winks is happy to stay but the club may be looking to sell him, Sanchez and Dier will only leave with a good transfer offer, The CBs Tottenham are interested in are Milenkovic, Skriniar, Anderson, Demiral, and Kounde, Sissoko's future is completely unknown, Lo Celso and Ndombele will stay and Hojbjerg is a guaranteed starter, Kessie will only be brought in if there is many sales in the CM position, Dele, Bergwijn, and Lucas will stay unless a bid comes in for Lucas but only Lucas, Lamela is expected to leave, The CAM/Winger position will have some transfers both in and out this summer, Sons contract is being finalized, Clarke will be loaned unless he impresses Nuno in Pre-Season and if he does he will be played in the europa conference, Tottenham will not sell Kane obviously, and The CAM and ST positions will be looked at only after the defense because that is where the funds will mainly go this summer. In other news Tottenham made contact with Insigne and Pjanic's agents but after reading what Ali Gold said I'm not sure how true this is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I bet the rules are a nightmare is there still at all that you have to have play the certain amount of games for your country? Surely the test is he has to love England and have a few jabs test and isolate for 7-days job done...

The problem we had with Fonseca goes away after June so now that we're in July that should be easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Levy at it again!
Just seen the alleged transfer fee for Toby - which has been apparently set at £25 million! - seriously Levy?
Looks like the games have begun - why is Levy such a dick?
Setting crazy prices for players just guarantees that nobody will buy them and they'll be stuck on the wage bill for another year - can somebody shoot the clown please?.

Edited by grahambailey
Heading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grahambailey said:

Levy at it again!
Just seen the alleged transfer fee for Toby - which has been apparently set at £25 million! - seriously Levy?
Looks like the games have begun - why is Levy such a dick?
Setting crazy prices for players just guarantees that nobody will buy them and they'll be stuck on the wage bill for another year - can somebody shoot the clown please?.

Aim high and settle for less, classic strategy. Price set at £25m offer comes in at just £12m. Drive it up to £15m - £18m and shake hands :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like contact with Vestergaard, interest in Anderson, and Damsgaard has been scouted. looks like we will become wolves but instead of Portuguese players there all Danish. Pjanic was spotted in London. Tottenham have made a 30 mil offer for Correa but after what Ali Gold wrote yesterday don't know how true that is. The players like Nuno's enthusiasm. And confirmed that it's a good thing we didn't hire Gattuso cause he's an ass. Miss anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×