Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter Transfer Window

The mid season window is usually quiet, but this year it is exceptionally so. 

I was hoping for Dele's sake DL would let him go to PSG. I don't understand why we keep him when we hardly use him. Surely we could knock off his wages from the asking price. Also, if he rarely gets a game this season, surely that will lower the price anyone is prepared to offer. 

COYS 

5 days left in this window. Unless DL pulls his rabbit out of the hat with 2 minutes to go, I can't see anyone coming in. That is not a bad thing as this squad when it plays well is pretty damned good. 

It also looks as though the journo talk surrounding Gareth was the usual rubbish.

Did Danny Rose sign for that Turkish whose name I can't remember? 

Is there someone that any of you wish we had bought. 

COYS 

It's been a very quiet window hopefully we can get some Deadwood out save some wages maybe pick up song promising youngsters I'm surprised we haven't tried to look at some other Swansea players as our director ?  Scout has got a link with them they looked good in the cup. 

I think shipping out players like Fernandes we're not going to use him and obviously Rose off the books Foyth? don't even know if we sold him yet? we should have been trying to line up that creative midfielder we need?

I think the creative midfielder situation depends on dele Ali’s situation,,if he goes to psg on loan that means to me that we have a player already in the bag .

and I am with spurfect on the left footed centre back thing ,,,but there’s not many available 

54 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

It's been a very quiet window hopefully we can get some Deadwood out save some wages maybe pick up song promising youngsters I'm surprised we haven't tried to look at some other Swansea players as our director ?  Scout has got a link with them they looked good in the cup. 

I think shipping out players like Fernandes we're not going to use him and obviously Rose off the books Foyth? don't even know if we sold him yet? we should have been trying to line up that creative midfielder we need?

To be fair, we may well have wanted to sell deadwood.

I don't know if clubs advertise with a list of those they want to sell. The fact any club wants to sell a player, it implies they no longer think they are good enough. That being the case, it is unlikely any other club particularly wants them. Rose is a good example as is Fernandes. 

THFC have made a judgement and bought players that, with hindsight, turns out to be wrong - then moving them on is difficult as all the other clubs will know they haven't made it and won't rush in to buy them. 

Another thought, Fernandes may well be frustrated with his situation and have asked his agent to find him another club. It it is clear that there is no great desire out there for any club wanting him. I have not seen any 'journo' quotes mention other clubs are interested in him. 

Just a few alternative thoughts as I have no real idea how the transfer system works. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

To be fair, we may well have wanted to sell deadwood.

I don't know if clubs advertise with a list of those they want to sell. The fact any club wants to sell a player, it implies they no longer think they are good enough. That being the case, it is unlikely any other club particularly wants them. Rose is a good example as is Fernandes. 

THFC have made a judgement and bought players that, with hindsight, turns out to be wrong - then moving them on is difficult as all the other clubs will know they haven't made it and won't rush in to buy them. 

Another thought, Fernandes may well be frustrated with his situation and have asked his agent to find him another club. It it is clear that there is no great desire out there for any club wanting him. I have not seen any 'journo' quotes mention other clubs are interested in him. 

Just a few alternative thoughts as I have no real idea how the transfer system works. 

COYS 

Well I think during the pandemic I think they should do it like football cards and when we used to swap them as a kid. So we've got Fernandes and Rose and we say to Villa there you go grealish + Ferdinand and Rose and some bubblegum

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Please no Di Maria,,would rather have ericksen back ,,or keep Ali 

If we let Dele go then maybe Germany playmaker Florian Neuhaus, 23, as a replacement. from B Monchengladbach , i want Dele to stay and be allowed to play, hate Jose being such a twat over it all getting boring now shite man management 

16 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Borodin it says you quoted me but theres no post?   said that before on another thread too, dont mind probably the site playing silly buggers 

Yeah, I've had that too mate. All you can do is check your unread content I'm afraid. This site needs a good kick up the arse otherwise people are going to get really pissed off and it certainly isn't going to attract any new members.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Yeah, I've had that too mate. All you can do is check your unread content I'm afraid. This site needs a good kick up the arse otherwise people are going to get really pissed off and it certainly isn't going to attract any new members.

Yeah I'm having the same issues it keeps logging me out it's really frustrating when we try and get a string of messages between each other you don't know if anyone's replied it's not telling me anymore so pain keep logging back in again. You always said to me if we say Hastings name in a post he'll look at the issues and try and sort it for us?

Maybe it was a security update to logos out someone can get in and get our details but the problem is we don't know when anyone's replied then do we.

Regarding Delhi if he's not going to reply him sure he's got some sort of loan or transfer set up it's not having that cup game the other night was a shambles if he is staying what's going on if he is going to get rid of him let's have someone decent to come in I Didn't want Dele to go but if he is going to go let's sacrifice Dele for a really good playmaker in midfield that can destroy defences

5 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yeah I'm having the same issues it keeps logging me out it's really frustrating when we try and get a string of messages between each other you don't know if anyone's replied it's not telling me anymore so pain keep logging back in again. You always said to me if we say Hastings name in a post he'll look at the issues and try and sort it for us? 

Maybe it was a security update to logos out someone can get in and get our details but the problem is we don't know when anyone's replied then do we.

Regarding Delhi if he's not going to reply him sure he's got some sort of loan or transfer set up it's not having that cup game the other night was a shambles if he is staying what's going on if he is going to get rid of him let's have someone decent to come in I Didn't want Dele to go but if he is going to go let's sacrifice Dele for a really good playmaker in midfield that can destroy defences

What you have to do in your post is "tag" him and hopefully he will get a notification that he has been mentioned in someone's post. You do this by first pressing the @ key and then immediately start typing the member's name. Then you can select it. I will do it for you in this one... let me know if you get a notification saying "Borodin has mentioned you...etc"

Here we go...  @Craig Truespur

You mentioned Delhi ... you don't mean Alli is off to India do you ?? :11:

If this season results in us being out of Europe and raising the ugly head of a mass exodus, 2 questions? 

1. Should the long standing top players show loyalty to the club and stay or should they look for success with a big club more likely to bring it for them? 

2. Who do you think will leave, and can you think of suitable replacements who could lead the club back to a top 4 place, and how likely is it that they wiil join us? 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

If this season results in us being out of Europe and raising the ugly head of a mass exodus, 2 questions? 

1. Should the long standing top players show loyalty to the club and stay or should they look for success with a big club more likely to bring it for them? 

2. Who do you think will leave, and can you think of suitable replacements who could lead the club back to a top 4 place, and how likely is it that they wiil join us? 

COYS 

I certainly would not point a finger at players such as Kane or Son if they decided to leave us and seek fame and fortune elsewhere. There comes a time when you have to put ambition in front of loyalty. Oh I know that Alan Shearer tirelessly informs us he made the right decision to go to Newcastle and not sign for Sir Alex and I'm also sure a huge part of him believes that but I also think it gnaws away at him now and again at the thought of what could have been regarding domestic honours.

So as I said earlier in here, I would smile, shake hands, thank them for their service to the club and wish them every success at their new homes. Mourinho by this time would be also heading for the exit door but sadly I would be unable to give him the same farewell. His hands will have Spurs blood on them should this exodus happen.

Who then comes in to replace such stars would be the decision of the new manager and also be in relation to how much pulling power he and the club had in attracting the right quality needed to turn the Tottenham Cockerel into a Phoenix and make it rise from the ashes.

My personal choice for the next boss would be this guy....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56030574

50 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I certainly would not point a finger at players such as Kane or Son if they decided to leave us and seek fame and fortune elsewhere. There comes a time when you have to put ambition in front of loyalty. Oh I know that Alan Shearer tirelessly informs us he made the right decision to go to Newcastle and not sign for Sir Alex and I'm also sure a huge part of him believes that but I also think it gnaws away at him now and again at the thought of what could have been regarding domestic honours.

So as I said earlier in here, I would smile, shake hands, thank them for their service to the club and wish them every success at their new homes. Mourinho by this time would be also heading for the exit door but sadly I would be unable to give him the same farewell. His hands will have Spurs blood on them should this exodus happen.

Who then comes in to replace such stars would be the decision of the new manager and also be in relation to how much pulling power he and the club had in attracting the right quality needed to turn the Tottenham Cockerel into a Phoenix and make it rise from the ashes.

My personal choice for the next boss would be this guy....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56030574

I remember when we got outplayed by Leipzig last season (or season before ?) thinking exactly the same, simply because of the way they played against us in those two matches.

He has done well since then also, despite losing key players.

I know I posted it either here, or on one of the other forums/facebook pages that I contribute to.

It would make sense if he waits until the end of the season, to see if we are in CL next season, and of course Leipzig may even win the german title....

On 2/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, Cromulentmart said:

The Newport County manager always gets his sides up for the big games.

Dyche is a good manager and gets the best from his players.

I think you're aiming too high ...