Neophyte

20/21 PL: Chelsea v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Chelsea v Tottenham  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Both teams have players who can score and they are the 2 top scorers this season. When it comes to defence, we have the least against. Also, for the first time ever, there have been more away wins than home wins - put down to losing the 12th man, the fans.

Based on this I am going for a close hard-fought 1- 3 win for us. 

COYS 

11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Both teams have players who can score and they are the 2 top scorers this season. When it comes to defence, we have the least against. Also, for the first time ever, there have been more away wins than home wins - put down to losing the 12th man, the fans.

Based on this I am going for a close hard-fought 1- 3 win for us. 

COYS 

Blimey James, you committing to a 3-1 victory prediction and me sitting on the fence with a 2-2 draw. Now there's a turn up for the books :7:

11 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Blimey James, you committing to a 3-1 victory prediction and me sitting on the fence with a 2-2 draw. Now there's a turn up for the books :7:

My decision making when Spurs play, unfortunately, is heavily influenced by my dozy heart which has very little sense. 

COYS 

18 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Liverpool only manage a draw at Brighton so a great chance to pull clear at the top with a win tomorrow. Couldn't have a better incentive COYS !!!!

I watched the match. sadly, Brighton missed a penalty - should have won - 2 - 1. Interestingly, Liverpool committed 3 fouls in their box getting away with one of them as there was an offside in the build up leading to the foul.

With our speedy guys breaking into the box, and their main defenders injured, we could benefit when we play them. 

COYS 

21 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I watched the match. sadly, Brighton missed a penalty - should have won - 2 - 1. Interestingly, Liverpool committed 3 fouls in their box getting away with one of them as there was an offside in the build up leading to the foul.

With our speedy guys breaking into the box, and their main defenders injured, we could benefit when we play them. 

COYS 

I watched it too and loved someone quoting about Salah's disallowed goal.. "Salah scores V A Arrrrrrgh !

I have watched the Man City v Burnley game - an easy win for City but Burnley's defending was poor and they kept giving the ball away with wayward passing. It made it easy for City to look good today and is not necessarily a indication they are back to their best - we will have to wait and see if they are back as serious rivals for the title. 

COYS 

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have watched the Man City v Burnley game - an easy win for City but Burnley's defending was poor and they kept giving the ball away with wayward passing. It made it easy for City to look good today and is not necessarily a indication they are back to their best - we will have to wait and see if they are back as serious rivals for the title. 

COYS 

That has to be the poorest Burnley performance in a long, long while. At least the players don't have a long coach trip back home with Sean Dyche giving them a bollocking during the whole journey. Hard to judge City as you quite rightly say but 5-0 is still a result that makes everyone else sit up and take note, especially when you realise it could easily have been more.

The importance of tomorrow's game has had the bar moved higher imo with Liverpool drawing and Everton losing. The men are being sorted out from the boys. The pretenders are dropping out of the race and I think we can start to see the 4 teams who will be fighting to win the title and finish in the top 4. Those 4 I think will be Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and City

COYS 

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I'm getting nervous. If we win tomorrow it is the start of a 2 horse rate between us and Liverpool. Worse still, the bookies now have us as favourites at 5 to 1. I don't know if I can cope in my current health situation. 

COYS 

Early days to be considering there are only two runners in this race mate. Beating Chelsea won't put them too far back (5pts) and don't discount City just yet. It would be nice to put some daylight between us and the others I agree but let's see where we are on New Year's eve. Then if we are still top two maybe we can start buying party poppers :16:

5 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

And this just a week or two after Brighton had another ghastly missed penalty.

I hope we plaster Chelsea, I'm tired of hearing about them. They get plenty of attention and all the newly minted PL fans over here due to Pulisic being the only American star in the league at the moment. Under other circumstances I'd wish him well but not this week. It's time that our players assert themselves as title contenders!

This game today is so important to our season, if we win this game some serious questions are going to be asked about whether or not we are able to actually pull this of or not ... esp with Liverpool only just holding onto that point yesterday things are going to start opening up if we take 3pts today... 

lloris, Aurier, dier , rodon, regulion, ndombele, sissoko, Hoijberg , Son, Kane, Bale 

is the side I would field ..

The same team as City besides one change and that’s for bergwijn for Bale ... Steven played well at city, but today I think Bale would make more of an impact as a starter rather than a sub. Probably why he was subbed against ludo? Always a battle at the bridge so I look forward to seeing the physical competition in the midfield, arguably we have one of the strongest midfields in the PL this year and they’ve done such a great job providing that extra line of defence for our back 4 so far ! Esp Hoijberg. Really hope Rodon starts and gets the chance to prove he’s future first team material today. 

son and Kane willl need to be sharp today, it’s the split decision thinking and great defence that won us the game against City and that’s something I believe we are able replicate today! 

think dele might even get a place on bench today ... really tough call 

2-1 spurs is my prediction but I can’t rule our the possibility of a 2-2... 

COYS 

Proper football fest today, starter is Southampton Vs Man Utd, dessert is Arsenal Vs Wolves and main course Chelsea Vs Spurs.

Might have to put a bucket by the lounge sofa, don't want to miss anything. 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Proper football fest today, starter is Southampton Vs Man Utd, dessert is Arsenal Vs Wolves and main course Chelsea Vs Spurs.

Might have to put a bucket by the lounge sofa, don't want to miss anything. 

Can really see Southampton getting a result today! Even if its just a draw... If we win today and then get to watch  Arsenal lose that sure would be the cherry on the icing mate! Dont think ill be leaving the sofa today either !

COYS

17 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

A draw would be fine lads,coys!!!!

Jay, what are you saying? Don't encourage to settle for a lower result. Use 40s and 50s discipline - kick arse and tell them they will be in for a right bollacking if they don't win.  LOL

COYS

36 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Jay, what are you saying? Don't encourage to settle for a lower result. Use 40s and 50s discipline - kick arse and tell them they will be in for a right bollacking if they don't win.  LOL

COYS

Your right James,just a little worried,don’t want to lose this one..

Nice to see hes kept the same side from City!

Always great to see abit of a consistency across the side. Thought he wouldve started Bale today seeing as he didnt get a run in at City and he only played 60mins on thursday! but good for Bergwijn making the team for city and now chelsea! Hopefully he can prove hes the right man for the winger posistiion... bright future for him for sure! Bale to come on and hopefully make an impact today! 

If Hoijberg and Dier play like they did against City we shouldnt have a problem tonight ! 

Kick off in 20!

COYS