20/21 PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Arsenal

Tottenham v Arsenal  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

6 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

Talk about the match here - before, during, and after. COYS!

Form

THFC - DDWWW

Arsenal - WLWDL

Thanks for the thread Neophyte, hope you and yours are well and safe.

Let's murder these bums mate, I'm going for 2-0 half time and 4-0 at the final whistle. Bring it on !!

Based on how both  the teams are playing in the EPL this season, it should be a win for us. However, we effectively have 3 'Derbies' - Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham. Predicting these results is more a stab in the dark as emotions between the clubs add another dimensions to the game. 

I feel it is one we should win (as I did against Chelsea). So listening to my heart I am going for a win but, deep down, it could be any of the 3 possible result. 

COYS 

11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Based on how both  the teams are playing in the EPL this season, it should be a win for us. However, we effectively have 3 'Derbies' - Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham. Predicting these results is more a stab in the dark as emotions between the clubs add another dimensions to the game. 

I feel it is one we should win (as I did against Chelsea). So listening to my heart I am going for a win but, deep down, it could be any of the 3 possible result. 

COYS 

Nice to see you getting better and fit enough to climb back up on top of that fence mate :16::30:

Jose will set up not to lose, and we will. 

Sorry but compare the midweek performances , no contest and youre only as good as your last game  ;-)

Lets see who wants to play in this one then, will Jose be strong and drop those who didnt want it on Thursday night and bring in those that did?  I doubt it 

Be great having genuine singing there, i did love that every Spurs game on TV was pretty much the only one with proper singing in the sound effects  ie genuine songs not just noise 

41 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Jose will set up not to lose, and we will. 

Sorry but compare the midweek performances , no contest and youre only as good as your last game  ;-)

Lets see who wants to play in this one then, will Jose be strong and drop those who didnt want it on Thursday night and bring in those that did?  I doubt it 

Be great having genuine singing there, i did love that every Spurs game on TV was pretty much the only one with proper singing in the sound effects  ie genuine songs not just noise 

Blimey mate come on, lighten up a bit. Playing away in Lask with Hart in goal and no Kane cannot be compared to a home game (and some fans) against this bunch of losers. They may be doing well in the Europa but their league form is shite. Totally different kettle of fish this game, pride at stake for one thing and I don't think for one minute Jose will be thinking about 'not losing'. He will set up to rip them apart with an attack their paper thin defence will be unable to handle. Two goal Aubameyang will still be on that total when the game ends and Arteta will be listening to the ice cracking under his feet.

I am totally confident that the team will be fired up and raring to go come Sunday with their only aim being to put a minimum of four past these bastards.

Rumours about Lloris being unfit now and Joe Hart's league stats are very scary :

Spurs, have not confirmed if the shot-stopper is carrying an injury – but the report in Football London states there is “understood to be uncertainty” over his availability for Arsenal. If Hart is selected ahead of Lloris for the north London derby, it would give the Englishman his first league appearance since Boxing Day 2018. But it was not a fond memory for the 33-year-old as he conceded five goals to Everton between the posts for Burnley. Spurs have not lost to their rivals since December 2018, recording two wins and two draws against the Gunners.

Let's just hope this is all pre match mind games as the thought of Hart between the sticks on Sunday would break my heart.

I thought I'd post it in here so anybody with an android mobile,tablet or firestick can load this up ready for the derby match.

I have discovered a brilliant new app for you to install . This is what you need to do... go to the website www.kpfiretv.com

You will see it is by a guy called Kevin Porteus. Now keep scrolling down the pages until you come to a section heading which says AMAZON FIRE/ANDROID IPTV

In that section you will see an application called UKTurksApp 1.0.2 Official 12-01-20

Click on that and it will install a new app called UK Turks. When you open it up you will see 8 different headings Live TV/Movies/TV Shows/Documentaries/Standup Comedy/Cartoons/Radio/Concerts and Favourites.

In the Live Tv are  LiveTV/Sports TV/TurkishTV/PPV replays and CCTV....the sports tv one gives you all the ones you need to watch football matches, the CCTV one is fascinating as it shows you CCTV from all around the world (when they are working). The movies one is all your films but the best one is Tv Shows which has Catch Up TV, Current TV shows and Classic TV Shows.

For the older members have a look in the classic section and I think you'll love it. All the great TV series are in there from years ago. I've just watched an episode of  Steptoe and Son and been crying laughing there's also more modern ones like Fawlty Towers and Fools and Horses but also drama and detective ones, loads to choose from. Have a scroll through what's in there and I think you'll be amazed. It's the best app of this kind I have ever used. If any one has any problems then let me know but it's fairly straightforward and a great new addition for watching the matches and much much more.

Enjoy :16:

Here's my conspiracy theory on the whole thing: Jose is playing mind games and everyone is going to be fit. He told our boys to go out to LASK and just get a point but not to overwork themselves because we have a game in hand and were probably through anyway. Even if we lost, we have Antwerp at home that we could name a strong team for, and Palace follows that game so he could make a few changes if we needed to win against Antwerp. And we almost came home with three points from LASK anyhow - if it were not for Sanchez's gaffe at the end we'd have done it.

I do not think Jose is going to play the same way against Arsenal that he did against Chelsea. I would be surprised if either team went for the jugular right out of the gate, but Arsenal are not a good team and we don't need such a conservative approach.

For Arsenal's part though, they almost have to park the bus, don't they? They can't play a wide open game because Spurs will rip them apart, and they have no coherent attack at the moment anyway. They are overmatched on talent, and if they concede early you might have a rout. Wouldn't you have to expect them to try to play us like Burnley and put 10 men behind the ball and try to grind out a point, or hope to slip someone through on a counter?

It seems like a poor plan, but the best one they've got.

This match has no room for egos ... working together is a must, LASK exploited our laziness and lack of attitude and Arsenal are definitely no mugs either.. after their 4-1 win they’ll be thinking a result is there for them tomorrow.

Lloris, Aurier, dier, Toby, regulion 

sissoko, ndombele, Hoijberg 

bergwijn, Kane, son 

has to be this side for me , this team has played and knows each other more than any other side picked so far this season. With Partey missing for Arsenal.. the midfield battle should be ours. It’s always a tough one to call when it’s a London derby... I’m saying 3-1 spurs! 

Could really use another son and Kane show tomorrow, partnership seems to have slowed down a tad... but this will be the perfect game to rectify that.. hopefully that carrys over against Palace too. We need to win these matches while getting as many mistakes and miss kicks out our game as possible before Liverpool ... Win our next 3 and this really could be our year ! 

COYS 

1 hour ago, SCIFIN17YID said:

I set my PC password to "Arsenal Defence". It said it was to weak.

I always set my password to the word 'incorrect' and then when I forget it the computer reminds me what it is with a little message saying "Your password is incorrect"...sorted :16:

51 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Rumours abounding that Hugo has tested positive and Hart will play tomorrow. If that is true then I will be gutted as I really think it hands them a chance when before there was none.

Dier, Toby, Hoijberg and sissoko need to make sure theyre blocking every shot tomorrow... Really cant afford to give away easy goals like on Thursday 

With Joe potentially starting, we need to throw it all on the line, we need to be ruthless early and then just focus on not conceding. Closing down and possession has to be much better tomorrow..

COYS

6 hours ago, Borodin said:

Rumours abounding that Hugo has tested positive and Hart will play tomorrow. If that is true then I will be gutted as I really think it hands them a chance when before there was none.

Doesn't this seem fishy? on Wednesday Jose sowed some Kane doubts, Thursday he's clear. Now Lloris is a doubt?

And wouldn't they shut the training ground and announce it to the media if Lloris had tested positive? Something about this math is funny...

I'm choosing to believe this is all gamesmanship.

A word from "Diamond Geezer" Harry Redknapp:

Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp believes there is no comparison between his old side and Arsenal ahead of Sunday's north London derby.

Spurs go into the weekend boasting top spot in the Premier League, with the Gunners losing four out of their last six league matches.

Redknapp told talkSPORT, per Metro: "Tottenham have got a good squad. They’ve got strength in depth, they’ve got two internationals for every position, it’s a very different looking Tottenham squad and it’s very strong.

"I think they’ve got a real chance [of winning the title]. The two squads now, there’s no comparison, for me. I think Tottenham have gone way in front of Arsenal as a team."

Harry's words can be inspiring let's just hope we don't fall in their faces for that one.

Time for the boys to show their true Colours tomorrow they should be fighting in every position winning that ball back getting in their faces attacking going for it I want to see wing play I want to see Direct attack noside ways negative sitting back.

I want to see Cain as as advanced as possible and not having to think he's got a fight in midfield let the boys do that and lets all attack as a group

Always difficult to call a Derby but I'll give it 3 - 1

2 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Harry's words can be inspiring let's just hope we don't fall in their faces for that one.

Time for the boys to show their true Colours tomorrow they should be fighting in every position winning that ball back getting in their faces attacking going for it I want to see wing play I want to see Direct attack noside ways negative sitting back.

I want to see Cain as as advanced as possible and not having to think he's got a fight in midfield let the boys do that and lets all attack as a group

Always difficult to call a Derby but I'll give it 3 - 1

I think Cain should get a hat trick...he's certainly Abel enough to do it.

:two: