Spurs Web
LiamCOYS

Dane Scarlett, Hes One Of Our Own!

"‘Get him on the bench’: Tottenham fans react as Dane Scarlett nets under-18s hat-trick.

Tottenham fans have been loving it again today as highly-rated prospect, Dane Scarlett, netted another hat-trick for the under-18s this weekend

The teenager became Spurs’ youngster player a few weeks back when Jose Mourinho brought him off the bench against Ludogrets.

Scarlett has been causing quite the stir at the north London club and he once again put himself in the limelight this weekend, netting another three goals at youth level to make it 13 in 10 for him."

https://tbrfootball.com/get-him-on-the-bench-tottenham-fans-react-as-dane-scarlett-nets-under-18s-hat-trick/

Scarlett scoring yet another hat-trick in an u18s match against Crystal Palace.. This young man is really starting to become something special. Even at 16 its hard to keep up with the 18 years olds... He got a couple chances on goal in the match against Ludo last week and its shame our poor performance on Thursday stopped him from making another appearance this week. 

Although he is impressing everyone atm, I feel its still too early to introduce him to full time mens football, itll be fine to stick him in here and there when we are running away with a game but I feel its still too early.

Super exciting prospect and look forward to watching him progress his way into the first team in the future, but right now he still has the physical attributes of a boy... he needs another growth spurt... But the fact he can shine in a group of older lads really does stand out and I hope by the time hes 18, hes being considered for the first team on a more regular basis. 

Thoughts?!

COYS! 

16 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

"‘Get him on the bench’: Tottenham fans react as Dane Scarlett nets under-18s hat-trick.

Tottenham fans have been loving it again today as highly-rated prospect, Dane Scarlett, netted another hat-trick for the under-18s this weekend

The teenager became Spurs’ youngster player a few weeks back when Jose Mourinho brought him off the bench against Ludogrets.

Scarlett has been causing quite the stir at the north London club and he once again put himself in the limelight this weekend, netting another three goals at youth level to make it 13 in 10 for him."

https://tbrfootball.com/get-him-on-the-bench-tottenham-fans-react-as-dane-scarlett-nets-under-18s-hat-trick/

Scarlett scoring yet another hat-trick in an u18s match against Crystal Palace.. This young man is really starting to become something special. Even at 16 its hard to keep up with the 18 years olds... He got a couple chances on goal in the match against Ludo last week and its shame our poor performance on Thursday stopped him from making another appearance this week. 

Although he is impressing everyone atm, I feel its still too early to introduce him to full time mens football, itll be fine to stick him in here and there when we are running away with a game but I feel its still too early.

Super exciting prospect and look forward to watching him progress his way into the first team in the future, but right now he still has the physical attributes of a boy... he needs another growth spurt... But the fact he can shine in a group of older lads really does stand out and I hope by the time hes 18, hes being considered for the first team on a more regular basis. 

Thoughts?!

COYS! 

Why wait until he's 18. Rooney started getting games at 16and flourished. Look at some of the teenagers that were given games with Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea were all brought on when they were 16 and 17 and were regulars at 18.

It is up to JM and we will get an insight into how he views academy players. His record so far is that he seems to loan them out or sell them when they reach 18. He seems to be more a stick to the main squad type. 

11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Why wait until he's 18. Rooney started getting games at 16and flourished. Look at some of the teenagers that were given games with Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea were all brought on when they were 16 and 17 and were regulars at 18.

It is up to JM and we will get an insight into how he views academy players. His record so far is that he seems to loan them out or sell them when they reach 18. He seems to be more a stick to the main squad type. 

I feel when you look at Scarlett hes still very much a young boy. Of course its great he can keep up with older lads but I think he'd be surprised just how much more physical the prem is, especially when he youre a fairly small 16 year old. Id have to say Rooneys situation was unique. The likely hood of Scarlett making the team over Kane or vinnny is very unlikely at the moment... By the time hes 18 he'll be ready to take on the physicality and responsibility, providing theres a spot in the team.. other wise, like you say he'll just be loaned out. Relying on him so early may knock his confidence which isnt worth risking when we can literally wait less than two years for him to grow even more.. Yeah its okay to bring him on here an there when were ahead but relying on a 16 year old in todays premier league just isnt that realistic. Dont get me wrong... Id love for him to prove me wrong mate!

COYS

When I was 16 in 1955 my father put me in the boys army which you could join at age 15. There was no molly codling in those days and we were treated as men and hammered from day 1. Out of an intake of some 135 boys less than 5 couldn't hack it and left. The rest of us became men overnight. 

Of course, things were vastly different in those days. Life was tough with nothing around to ease it. No National Health Service. No central heating in houses with the old draughty sash windows. Coal fires with only one room with one lit and that one only in the evening. My grandmother's house, which they moved me to in Acton London in 1946 had an outside toilet and the toilet paper was torn up newspaper. The house was always very cold and we wore several layers of clothes in the house. We had no toys or bikes and we played outside in the street. I never had pocket money and rarely had sweets or chocolate as sugar was rationed until around 1953.

I am not advocating we go back to those days, but imo, we are far too soft too often today. From an early age we tell people they can't cope and insist on giving them help and counselling. In my childhood it was a smack round the back of the head and made to get on with it. We weren't allowed to whinge but had to get on with it. At 16 I was tougher and more capable than people who are in their 30s and 40s are these days

I agree with you he has to be handled carefully when playing against men and I don't see him starting, but I would like to see him on the bench and given as much playing time as possible in games when this is possible. 

A little story for you. I was in the Army Apprentice College, it was a 3 year term regardless of age and like an apprenticeship . You cold join at any age between 15 and 20. I had only been there for some 9 months and was like still 16. The 6 monthly inter company boxing  competition came up and I was told I had to box. My only experience was having had 2 goes of 3 minute rounds in basic training. It turned out my opponent was Jock Condie. He was aged 20, and was the Scottish under 20's boxing champ. We boxers were all sat in a row at the side of the ring waiting for our bout. Mine was the 4th fight. The torture waiting to get in the ring was awful - I was shitting bricks. The fight was 3 by 3 minute rounds. He battered me fo 9 minutes but I refused to go down and took everything he threw at me while managing to get a few punches in myself. Oddly, once the fight started, I was no longer frightened, just trying to not get knocked out. During the prize giving some 3 weeks later, once all the winners had gone up for their medals, I heard my name called out - I had won the best losers medal. The camp commandant wrote to my parents saying they would have been proud of me. 

When I tell people I have a best loser medal for boxing, they laugh little realising that it has pride of place in my trophy cabinet as it was the hardest medal I have ever won. And, no, I never took up boxing and still think it is a stupid sport. 

COYS 

16 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

When I was 16 in 1955 my father put me in the boys army which you could join at age 15. There was no molly codling in those days and we were treated as men and hammered from day 1. Out of an intake of some 135 boys less than 5 couldn't hack it and left. The rest of us became men overnight. 

Of course, things were vastly different in those days. Life was tough with nothing around to ease it. No National Health Service. No central heating in houses with the old draughty sash windows. Coal fires with only one room with one lit and that one only in the evening. My grandmother's house, which they moved me to in Acton London in 1946 had an outside toilet and the toilet paper was torn up newspaper. The house was always very cold and we wore several layers of clothes in the house. We had no toys or bikes and we played outside in the street. I never had pocket money and rarely had sweets or chocolate as sugar was rationed until around 1953.

I am not advocating we go back to those days, but imo, we are far too soft too often today. From an early age we tell people they can't cope and insist on giving them help and counselling. In my childhood it was a smack round the back of the head and made to get on with it. We weren't allowed to whinge but had to get on with it. At 16 I was tougher and more capable than people who are in their 30s and 40s are these days

I agree with you he has to be handled carefully when playing against men and I don't see him starting, but I would like to see him on the bench and given as much playing time as possible in games when this is possible. 

A little story for you. I was in the Army Apprentice College, it was a 3 year term regardless of age and like an apprenticeship . You cold join at any age between 15 and 20. I had only been there for some 9 months and was like still 16. The 6 monthly inter company boxing  competition came up and I was told I had to box. My only experience was having had 2 goes of 3 minute rounds in basic training. It turned out my opponent was Jock Condie. He was aged 20, and was the Scottish under 20's boxing champ. We boxers were all sat in a row at the side of the ring waiting for our bout. Mine was the 4th fight. The torture waiting to get in the ring was awful - I was shitting bricks. The fight was 3 by 3 minute rounds. He battered me fo 9 minutes but I refused to go down and took everything he threw at me while managing to get a few punches in myself. Oddly, once the fight started, I was no longer frightened, just trying to not get knocked out. During the prize giving some 3 weeks later, once all the winners had gone up for their medals, I heard my name called out - I had won the best losers medal. The camp commandant wrote to my parents saying they would have been proud of me. 

When I tell people I have a best loser medal for boxing, they laugh little realising that it has pride of place in my trophy cabinet as it was the hardest medal I have ever won. And, no, I never took up boxing and still think it is a stupid sport. 

COYS 

Loved this reply mate! I agree... my generation very much has it easy. We are a very much a 'mothered', snow flake generation that will cry when something doesn't go our way ... few years ago I would've told you "bollocks" but as I get into my 20s I start to realise just how lucky I am to have the opportunities and peace of mind thats available in todays society.

At 16 mate I probably wouldve cried my eyes out if I was forced to serve. Let alone fight a geezer 4 years older :6:! For some.. I think the realisation of having it a lot easier becomes more apparent, especially to my generation... in their 20s.. I reallly do mean "for some" because I cant stand some people my age, a little older and a little younger because they cant realise what they have without hearing stories like yours. 

Dont get me wrong.. there are still plenty hardships to go through for someone my age in todays world..but when compared to what you guys had to endure.. it dosent come close. I'll have to wait till my generation becomes elderly to know if we where better off for that, but realistically how many depressed, anxious people my age can there possibly be? With less hardships than what you have to deal with. Imagine how many would be diagnosed back then with todays approach to mental health

Thanks for your wisdom James ! Very nice reply to come back to! 

COYS

40 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

Great post James, took my mind completely off the match for a while. You definitely earned that medal mate.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/12/14/video-petr-cechs-decision-making-looks-a-little-rusty-as-dane-scarlett-scores-for-spurs-u23

Scarlett and Harvey White getting involved in the u23s... What a ball and what a finish!! Leaving Petr Cech no chance.

Young boys showing them how its done!! Very exciting future for both lads, especially Scarlett..

COYS!

On 12/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, LiamCOYS said:

Thoughts?!

COYS! 

It would be good to start seeing him introduced even if it was for a last 10 minutes of a game especially as Jose likes that trick but as we saw from parrot this may not happen

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/january/scarlett-scores-five-in-big-win-over-newport/#:~:text=Dane Scarlett bagged FIVE goals,Hotspur Way on Tuesday afternoon.

"Dane Scarlett bagged FIVE goals as our Under-18s recovered from 2-0 down to beat Newport County 6-2 in the FA Youth Cup at Hotspur Way on Tuesday afternoon"

Future for spurs looking bright! Scarlett impressing again...White and Devine also look very exciting! How long before we use him more regularly ?? Hard to score 5 on your own after being 2-0 down have to admit! Probably why Dane wasnt brought to Marine. Very important game for the u18s and hes shined yet again! HES ONE OF OUR OWN!! 

COYS