Neophyte

20/21 PL: Liverpool v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Liverpool v Tottenham  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

This is gonna be a very tight match ,,,,we need to bounce back a bit ,,,I am still confident we can get a result.

i think by playing the one defensive midfielder in Hojbjerg ,and start le Tesco’s would imo give us the extra body in central midfield which would connect our front 3 a bit better .that would mean Harry wouldn’t need to drop off into midfield so much ,which would give us more threat up top .1-3 spurs 

if we arent up for this one then theres no hope.

We will be.

Sisokko revenge mission, get Mane for that CL handball then score a screamer just to prove you can

We really can NOT sit off them or try to hold onto a one goal lead nor two goal for 80 minutes (Im envisaging a quick start by us especially Sonny ) 

3-2 Spurs with Klopp spitting feathers at a VAR decision :-)  and Jose riling him on the touchline 

Match of the season so far coming up 

Your right fella ,,,inviting them on to us is gonna be tough ,,,have to play quite high ,,don’t let there defence dominate the ball from the back ,,maybe start Lucas Moura on the right instead of Steven Bergwijn,,,and Tesco’s for sissoko.

and yes match of the season coming up mate 

shame Gerard Houllier passed away  seem like a really nice geezer rest in peace, but does this mean Liverpool going to be double up for it now and they're going to do it for him or to be fair most of the players they wouldn't care anyway would they.

I'm just envisioning that 4-1 spanking we did  them a few Seasons back I just want it to happen again if we do this we're going to go on an extremely good run over Christmas.

I think players like lo celso should actually start for this one I think it get at them and annoy them a lot we've got to keep them on the back foot I can't we can't just sit back with Liverpool and let them come at us we've got to get in their faces and hit on the break but higher up.

At least they've got defensive frailties but also we failed to pick up the three front players working as a triangle from Palace I don't think really know did his homework properly the way they dominated teams before.

Palace actually showed us how to play was embarrassing you got Sonny Kane and whoever in midfield that can work off as a three that's what we should have been doing.

Your fella ,,I know I have said it a bit now ,,,and you have now ,,,,le Tesco’s coming in for sissoko would add that extra man in midfield ( not knocking sissoko) who is better on the ball and more forward minded,,but he has an engine to work from box to box and not just sit back .

I think Hojbjerg and sissoko are very solid ,,,,but they do suffocate each other sometimes,,,both playing to close to the centre backs .

liverpool aren’t as massive side upfront they rely on there speed and movement,,lots off low balls in behind the full backs for mane ,,and salah to run on 2 

I am not expecting anything other than a drear and nail biting boring game.

However, if there is a slight advantage one way or the other, I think our defending is better than theirs. If there is a 1 goal win coming out of this match as opposed to a draw, I think it will be in our favour. 

COYS 

27 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

What I would like is for jm to be a bit more flexible with our system,,,it wouldn’t change a lot ,,and we wouldn’t be so predictable in what we are doing ,,,

What I don't get his a few weeks ago I was thinking we might actually have a plan a b and c possible d- and he just keeps reverting back to plan a which is very frustrating.

Also admin I can't add any more responses likes or anything is this a limit in 24-hour period I'm very confused

It’s about the start ,,,who ever gets control of the midfield early will dictate the match ...both sides are very similar in the way they want to attack ,,,klopp doesn’t like his side being frustrated,,he wants teams to over commit players in attack ,,,they don’t mind giving teams corners cos they play for the 2nd ball and rush out to create the counter attack .

we can’t let Alison and there centre backs dictate the play from the back 

With you there Craig ,,,I was thinking the same ,,,the b and c plans are very similar systems,,,there is a massive space between Kane ,Ndombele,,,,and our 2 defensive midfielders ,,,that’s where we got bullied yesterday,,,just not enough in central midfield.....we have the squad now we just need to tweak it every now and then .

the result yesterday might nudge him towards a slight change ,,just to unlock our powers up front ,,,Fulham made Liverpool defend which shocked Liverpool they weren’t expecting that from them 

17 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

It’s about the start ,,,who ever gets control of the midfield early will dictate the match ...both sides are very similar in the way they want to attack ,,,klopp doesn’t like his side being frustrated,,he wants teams to over commit players in attack ,,,they don’t mind giving teams corners cos they play for the 2nd ball and rush out to create the counter attack .

we can’t let Alison and there centre backs dictate the play from the back 

I think BALE would have been a good option against Liverpool it's a shame he was ill does anyone know what was wrong with him?

Again I really want to like and comment with a thumbs up and a heart

? admin help

34 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am not expecting anything other than a drear and nail biting boring game.

However, if there is a slight advantage one way or the other, I think our defending is better than theirs. If there is a 1 goal win coming out of this match as opposed to a draw, I think it will be in our favour. 

COYS 

You are right about the defence has been very solid it was a shame about the lorris drop that their players reacted quicker than us

13 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

What I don't get his a few weeks ago I was thinking we might actually have a plan a b and c possible d- and he just keeps reverting back to plan a which is very frustrating.

Also admin I can't add any more responses likes or anything is this a limit in 24-hour period I'm very confused

I felt during the 1st half that JM was at last showing different game plans for different opponents. In the 2nd half we did seem to lose the plot a bit with no idea of getting back in control. 

That said, I also felt it was a game where both keepers had an outstanding game with both annoyed at the goal they let in. It was a game which could have gone 1 - 0 to either side. 

One of those 'Curate Egg' games for both sides - good in parts and bad in parts leaving me frustrated and pleased at different times. LOL

COYS 

This is it,top of the table clash,Fulham were excellent yesterday,executed there plan brilliantly, if we can attack them and score we have a great chance,need to be rock solid defensively,I’m going for a hard fought 1-1 draw which would be an excellent result,coys!!!!!