Neophyte

20/21 PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Leicester City

Tottenham v Leicester  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Has to be a massive 3 pt win in order to show just how unlucky we were to come away from the Liverpool game with nothing. Leicester and their manager need to be brought firmly down to earth and that means a clean sheet and at least 3 goals.

I believe !! COYS

I am going for the win in desperation as we cannot afford any more slip ups, but not really holding out any hopes. 

Utd regularly go behind and finish up winning - if they win their game in hand they go above us coming from the bottom half of the table when we were top!!! They do it by attacking! We get a lead and then can't keep it - we do that by defending! If you are reading this JM, try and spot the difference and try something different for once. 

COYS

Man Utd went 1-0 up against us - and lost 6-1.

Teams have ups and downs - we have lost twice all season and the Liverpool game was bloody unlucky and nothing else. Kane would score with that header 99 times out of 100.

We are on track and exceeding what most of us predicted at the start of the season.

I didn't want JM here and thought he would be bad for us, but I am happy to eat my words. He's been brilliant so far and long it may continue. 

We have had a massively difficult run of games and done pretty well al things considered.

Having said all that, we do need to beat Leicester, who are a very handy side. I think we will and I am going for  2-0.

We have to win this one to get back on track again... We need to be more ruthless in front of goal and take all our chances. 

Although Bergwijn missed those chances he’s finally demonstrating what an attacking threat he can be... so young aswell with a bright future. I’d start him again tomorrow !

Wouldn’t change the team, maybe tanguy for Lo Celso or maybe give sissoko a rest and try both in the middle again.. Hopefully Bale is fit to come on Bench too

COYS

With Liverpool's emphatic win and Everton currently occupying 2nd spot with a 2-1 half time lead against Arsenal it leaves us with little option other than to secure a win tomorrow. It is vital that we keep the gap at the top down to just three points and also show we have the resolve to come back from a disappointing defeat.

If we are to maintain credibility as a genuine title challenger then we have to take 3pts from Leicester. Anything less will affect morale and self belief. Confidence is everything in these situations and that only comes from winning.

COYS !

We were woeful in our opening game causing concern in some quarters.

Then in our next 8 games, 6 wins and 2 draws raised all our hopes that JM had reversed the slump and gave us hope we might actually be able to compete with the other likely candidates striving to actually win the title. Certainly, a top 4 finish looked on the cards. 

In 3 out of the last 4 of our EPL games we have dropped 5 points bringing us back down to earth. During this period we no longer are top and no longer have the best GD. In fact, lose tomorrow and we will be 5 points  behind Liverpool with a far worse GD when we were 2 ahead a few games ago!! 

Our next 2 games at home to Leicester and then away to Wolves will either keep us in the running for a decent top 4 finish or leave us with a struggle to stay in the race. 

My confidence is not high at the moment so I hope and pray to be proved wrong. 

COYS 

If you'd told us before the season that we would have two losses to this point, one being away to Liverpool, we'd have all taken that and walked away.

Yes the players will be disappointed, but even league winning teams suffer a loss or two along the way. It's not like we were blown off the pitch, we had a good, hard-won point just like we did away at Chelsea until the final moments.

10 hours ago, KCspurs said:

If you'd told us before the season that we would have two losses to this point, one being away to Liverpool, we'd have all taken that and walked away.

Yes the players will be disappointed, but even league winning teams suffer a loss or two along the way. It's not like we were blown off the pitch, we had a good, hard-won point just like we did away at Chelsea until the final moments.

fair points, if youd told us before the season started theyd be games we d be bored stiff watching, we would have believed you. 

If youd told us theyd be games or long periods of games where we have <20% possession ,  no shots, wed have believed you

10 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I agree at the start of the season I would have been happy with the position we currently find ourselves in. However, as the season progressed, it could be said the team started to provide evidence it was capable of achieving more than we had been hoping for. 

I, for one, raised my expectations from simply making progress this season to actually achieving success in one of the competitions. As I have said before, I don't cherry pick individual matches to define what has happened or to predict the future. For me the reality lies in the statistics. Just because players are feeling disappointed will never change the result. If the last 4 games are any indication, neither does it stop yet more disappointing results occurring. Therefore, imo, meaningless. 

I don't look at myself as a glass half full or half empty person, as many on here are Rather than live in hope or in gloom, I try to be pragmatic g enjoying the good times and simply accepting the bad. As Doris Day sang Que Serra, Serra - what will be will be. You may be too young to remember her, KC. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I agree at the start of the season I would have been happy with the position we currently find ourselves in. However, as the season progressed, it could be said the team started to provide evidence it was capable of achieving more than we had been hoping for. 

I, for one, raised my expectations from simply making progress this season to actually achieving success in one of the competitions. As I have said before, I don't cherry pick individual matches to define what has happened or to predict the future. For me the reality lies in the statistics. Just because players are feeling disappointed will never change the result. If the last 4 games are any indication, neither does it stop yet more disappointing results occurring. Therefore, imo, meaningless. 

I don't look at myself as a glass half full or half empty person, as many on here are Rather than live in hope or in gloom, I try to be pragmatic g enjoying the good times and simply accepting the bad. As Doris Day sang Que Serra, Serra - what will be will be. You may be too young to remember her, KC. 

COYS 

I remember Mervyn Day as well.

Hi fellow Spurs I'm back after running around juggling chores family and after The Hangover of that horrible last minute.

Let's hope the boys can concentrate for the full game this time and don't make any stupid defensive errors let's get those two goals ahead before we start sitting back and hoping they can't score. Nice to see BALE and Vinicious back on the bench give us some more options.

After Sonny is won his award I think he'll be on the front foot firing today hopefully Kane get his confidence back after that poor header....coys

Saw The short clip of Les Ferdinand scoring on Spurs TV against Leicester at the lane I was there that day we  looked around at each other I thinking it was Ferdinand's only hat-trick and we played sexy football, I shouted at Ian Walker you're not smiling now are you, really old boys will understand that

12 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Nice to see the change in formation,,coys 

yeah he changes the formation slightly but then he still wants to let them have more possession you can get away with that with certain teams but not teams like Liverpool and Leicester sometimes because you're just making them more confident it's ok if you're confident playing against them and don't show any weaknesses but you're just giving them 90 minutes to get more confident....ranting

The website gone funny by the way I keep getting little blocky squares where the buttons are supposed to be?