Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

issues getting on daily

huge apologies fellas this has done my nut in,not been this bad for ages,reason i thought we was hacked was i couldnt even log into admin control for most of the day to try and fix things,im still not convinced we aint been hacked but we are trying to sort it.

please bear with me while i go to war with the useless server of ours

:18:  

On 12/18/2020 at 8:51 PM, Hastingsyid said:

huge apologies fellas this has done my nut in,not been this bad for ages,reason i thought we was hacked was i couldnt even log into admin control for most of the day to try and fix things,im still not convinced we aint been hacked but we are trying to sort it.

please bear with me while i go to war with the useless server of ours

:18:  

Any progress so far mate ? It's not too bad getting in and about when using my PC and a big screen but on the mobile and small tablet it's an absolute nightmare.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Any progress so far mate ? It's not too bad getting in and about when using my PC and a big screen but on the mobile and small tablet it's an absolute nightmare.

I have the same problem. My laptop still works as it did when I first loaded it 6 years ago. My tablet and mobile have changed the opening page. I struggle to find unread posts. I have missed so much I have no idea what people are talking about. 

COYS 

11 minutes ago, Hastingsyid said:

sorry chaps its the host and I really don't know whats happened,I've even messaged Neil to see if he can help ??

So do you reckon it's been hacked or not mate ??

I'm struggling to find my way around the forum on my tablet. Whatever is happening to the forum it is like this wretched virus - it seems to mutate. Each time I come back on it acts differently. It is difficult, in fact almost impossible, for me to keep track of what is happening on here. 

On 12/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, Jamesinashby said:

I'm struggling to find my way around the forum on my tablet. Whatever is happening to the forum it is like this wretched virus - it seems to mutate. Each time I come back on it acts differently. It is difficult, in fact almost impossible, for me to keep track of what is happening on here. 

I'm sorry you're having trouble James, but I do hope you will keep on with it. You are a valuable contributor for the forum and I enjoy reading your contributions very much.

6 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I'm sorry you're having trouble James, but I do hope you will keep on with it. You are a valuable contributor for the forum and I enjoy reading your contributions very much.

I clicked on the forum and the opening page came up. It showed no one looking in - not even myself which it should. I clicked on each of the 3 little boxes on the top right and nothing happened. I signed in and it didn't work saying try again. I went back to the opening page clicked on the 1st little box on the top right and it opened up 'unread posts'. Suddenly it is working as normal!! 

Oh Well! It might be dull and rainy and this bloody gremlin on here winding me up, but not all is doom and gloom. In the British national newspaper, the Daily Mail (which has the highest circulation figures of all national newspapers), today I have had a letter printed - the 6th time this year!! 

All it needs is for me to do well in an online bridge completion this afternoon and for Spurs to win later, and the rain, the web gremlin, the pneumonia and Covid-19 after effects can all get stuffed - I will not succumb. 

COYS 

Sadly not. Hastings is still working hard on it, but the problem is with the server so out of our hands really. 

But in the great  scheme of things in this pandemic, we need to accept this as irksome as opposed to a big deal. Having said that, coming on here over the last 9 or 10 months it has even a a life saver for me. I have had all those chats and support from half a dozen of you who are now firmly cemented in as good 'arms length' friends. 

To all of you on who use this forum, I wish you a Merry Christmas and fervently hope that next year will be much, much better than 2020. Especially if there is a trophy or two added to our bulging cabinet. 

COYS 

Totally agree James,

Merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for a Healthy and Happy 2021. Let's hope recent progress regarding vaccines proves a complete success and the threat of Covid19 is drastically reduced over the coming months. I also hope that the EU Trade deal finally gets over the line in order to hopefully smooth the Brexit transition. It can only be better for both parties if an amiable agreement is reached and signed.

COYS !!

I am aware of the current problems. In recent weeks the forum has really taken off with mega posting from Borodin and support from some new posters. Even with the problems why has it all dried up ....or am I not seeing posts. It doesn't seem likely the rejuvenated forum has accepted these problems without the clever computer users sorting it out.

16 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I am aware of the current problems. In recent weeks the forum has really taken off with mega posting from Borodin and support from some new posters. Even with the problems why has it all dried up ....or am I not seeing posts. It doesn't seem likely the rejuvenated forum has accepted these problems without the clever computer users sorting it out.

There has been a bit of a slowdown but to be honest I use my mobile and tablet quite a bit to post new threads and it's a real pain in the arse to do so at the moment with the current problems. Continually having to re-sign in when you attempt to read unread content and then not knowing which icon is which does tend to dampen one's enthusiasm a bit. Hopefully Hastings will get it sorted soon and then will start to get back to normal. Maybe the website has caught Covid ??, in which case we need to get the place vaccinated as soon as possible :16:

Thank you for the compliment about my posts, very much appreciated.

11 hours ago, Borodin said:

There has been a bit of a slowdown but to be honest I use my mobile and tablet quite a bit to post new threads and it's a real pain in the arse to do so at the moment with the current problems. Continually having to re-sign in when you attempt to read unread content and then not knowing which icon is which does tend to dampen one's enthusiasm a bit. Hopefully Hastings will get it sorted soon and then will start to get back to normal. Maybe the website has caught Covid ??, in which case we need to get the place vaccinated as soon as possible :16:

Thank you for the compliment about my posts, very much appreciated.

Not me, I have had Covid-19 - perhaps I passed it on to the forum. 

COYS 

4 hours ago, Hastingsyid said:

morning chaps,apologies for my absence one of my closest friends passed away on the 23rd and its hit me very hard.Im still asking questions about the board but at the moment my head has been elsewhere.

cheers chaps :16:

Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Hastings! Wishing you all the best mate

Hopefully 3pts today can raise some spirits!

COYS

12 hours ago, Asc3 said:

it doesnt show the latest posts, for me its showing my post on the Liverpool match as the last post on here 

29 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

it doesnt show the latest posts, for me its showing my post on the Liverpool match as the last post on here 

Yeah, homepage is pretty much only thing broken. You can enter the Topics individually and check to see if someone has posted to a thread. But homepage does not update anymore. Symbols for notifications are also missing. 

It logs me in only once I choose a topic .. but attempting to log in just shows an Error message. You're able to use the forum but you have to manually check the threads.