Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

Can we still consider a top 4 place as realistic?

4 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I meant to add that, but I pressed submit by mistake and then couldn't be bothered to add it as I am ready for bed. 

Both body and mind are feeling very tired, and today has been very long and tiring. 

Catch you in the morning. 

COYS 

Night mate...hope you have some good news tomorrow when everyone's back on duty at the hospital.:thumb:

I think we can, OK im a dreamer but the run ins

Leicester have Newcastle, Man U Chelsea then a winner takes all v Spurs   4 points win v Newc and draw V Chels from that  67 points 

Chelsea  have Man C, Arse (OMG do we HAVE to hope they win yes!!) , Leice and Villa,  5 points maybe draws v Arse and Leice and beat Villa as they also have FA cup final in there   66 points 68 if they win v Arse 

Spurs  have  Leeds, Wolves, Villa, & Leicester    haha 12 points please  even say 10  is 66 points - 68 points and the best GD by then 

Hammers (WTF!!!)   have Everton , Brighton, WBA, Southampton   i give them 9 or 10 points depending which Everton turn up there  67/68 points else 12 and 70 points and third place for the Hammers 

So give us 12 points and we do it i think,  could be a great final day,  all about top 4 

4 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I think we can, OK im a dreamer but the run ins

Leicester have Newcastle, Man U Chelsea then a winner takes all v Spurs   4 points win v Newc and draw V Chels from that  67 points 

Chelsea  have Man C, Arse (OMG do we HAVE to hope they win yes!!) , Leice and Villa,  5 points maybe draws v Arse and Leice and beat Villa as they also have FA cup final in there   65 points 

Spurs  have  Leeds, Wolves, Villa, & Leicester    haha 12 points please  even say 10  is 66 points

Hammers (WTF!!!)   have Everton , Brighton, WBA, Southampton   i give them 9 or 10 points depending which Everton turn up there  67/68 points 

So give us 12 points and we do it i think,  could be a great final day,  all about top 4 

Hope springs eternal and I agree that whilst there's a chance then we must believe it's possible. That and the rumour of Conte joining us (see the Next Spurs Manager thread) has really cheered me up today. :thumb: God knows what state I'll be in if it goes to the wire and we have to beat Leicester.

Nobody will succeed with Levy at the helm, he wants NFL and concerts over an impressive trophy cabinet . Stadium HAS to sell merch and foods to repay itself . NFL games can go on for 3-4 hours plus pre and post game , plenty of refreshments needed and shopping time 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Nobody will succeed with Levy at the helm, he wants NFL and concerts over an impressive trophy cabinet . Stadium HAS to sell merch and foods to repay itself . NFL games can go on for 3-4 hours plus pre and post game , plenty of refreshments needed and shopping time 

No I'm sorry but you are completely wrong with that statement. The trophy cabinet at the new stadium is apparently very, very impressive. It's just empty :em21:

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

No I'm sorry but you are completely wrong with that statement. The trophy cabinet at the new stadium is apparently very, very impressive. It's just empty :em21:

yeh Levy got excited when he quickly read 'Eric wins award' ( Lamela)  ,  hed read it as Enic wins award,     of course its Erik but that doesnt suit my joke 

bollocks,  now Man U playing 4 games in 7 days, we managed it but we know they cant especially as theyll be second easily by then and only focus on their Europa final

So that means now Leicester and Liverpool will likely playing a second string Man U team so not helping us at all, surely at this stage of the season this cannot be allowed to happen in two such crucial top 4/6 games . To be fair to Man U they might put out full team who knows and they have Roma Thursday, Villa Sunday (could rest ) , leicester tues (top 3 encounter surely go for win, Liverpool Thurs   lot of hate there but not from the squads  then they have the weekend off as were due to play Leicester that weekend but FA cup final means that match was moved 

To be fair again,Man U could play reserves in Europa tonight as theyre well ahead , lets see just hope it doesnt cost us, tho its our fault we in this position

24 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

bollocks,  now Man U playing 4 games in 7 days, we managed it but we know they cant especially as theyll be second easily by then and only focus on their Europa final

So that means now Leicester and Liverpool will likely playing a second string Man U team so not helping us at all, surely at this stage of the season this cannot be allowed to happen in two such crucial top 4/6 games . To be fair to Man U they might put out full team who knows and they have Roma Thursday, Villa Sunday (could rest ) , leicester tues (top 3 encounter surely go for win, Liverpool Thurs   lot of hate there but not from the squads  then they have the weekend off as were due to play Leicester that weekend but FA cup final means that match was moved 

To be fair again,Man U could play reserves in Europa tonight as theyre well ahead , lets see just hope it doesnt cost us, tho its our fault we in this position

This backlog of fixtures is also the result of their supporters breaking into the ground and protesting. I still say it was to stop the prospect of them giving City the title that day if they had lost.

They need fining heavily but it hasn't stopped them causing this mess and potentially affecting league placings. Only second to Arsenal for me in the "I hate..." category of clubs.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

This backlog of fixtures is also the result of their supporters breaking into the ground and protesting. I still say it was to stop the prospect of them giving City the title that day if they had lost.

They need fining heavily but it hasn't stopped them causing this mess and potentially affecting league placings. Only second to Arsenal for me in the "I hate..." category of clubs.

As a fan I fully understand their anger at the Glaziers. However, every club have their mindless idiots that make situations worse and do nothing at all to help. 

If some of their star players pick up injuries and they miss out on the the CL and the FA up,  those idiots want castrating for ruining things for their fellow fans and the club they purport to love. 

COYS 

I think we can definitely still make top 4, As long as Man U and Chelsea do their jobs against Leicester and we have to show up tomorrow against Leeds and that will give us momentum for Villa and Wolves and all that momentum and Leicester being wildly out of form we can beat them. Then JLingz and West Ham have to slip up once (most likely against Everton or Brighton) and we get 4th

On 5/7/2021 at 11:10 PM, Spurs8Winks said:

I think we can definitely still make top 4, As long as Man U and Chelsea do their jobs against Leicester and we have to show up tomorrow against Leeds and that will give us momentum for Villa and Wolves and all that momentum and Leicester being wildly out of form we can beat them. Then JLingz and West Ham have to slip up once (most likely against Everton or Brighton) and we get 4th

I've just stumbled on to this read. 

Some time ago when we around 9th and there where many positive posts much the same as yours, I posted that, as it needed all 4 teams between us and 4th plus Everton below us with games in hand, 4th place was highly unlikely. I got a bit of flak and accused of of being too negative, (all in a nice friendly fashion as that is this forum's mantra), when I thought I was trying to be more realistic. 

I would dearly love to be sitting here with egg all over my face and eating humble pie, holding my hands up admitting I was well wrong. Sadly, it has turned out to be a bridge too far for the team, and now we can only sit back with fingers crossed that the hurdles that lie ahead of us can be negotiated, and things turn around for us next season. 

COYS 

ps please don't think I am picking on you. You are a very welcome member as you regularly give us an opportunity to get on here and to chat with. At times during the day it seems as if it is only Borodin and I have a chat.  LOL

I've looked at the fixtures left and tried to analyse them properly. I'll go from Leeds upwards and forget about Man City and Man Utd. I don't believe Arsenal will catch anyone up now.

Leeds on 50 pts   to play Burnley away, S'ton away and WBA at home.   I'll give them three wins so 59pts

Everton on 52 to play West Ham away (today), Aston Villa away, Sheff Utd home, Wolves home and Man City away. I see that as lose/draw/win/win/lose  which gives them 59 pts

Liverpool on 57 to play Man Utd away, WBA away, Burnley away and Crystal Palace home ....  draw/win/win/win which gives them 67 pts

West Ham on 58 to play Everton home, Brighton away, WBA away and S'ton home ....win/draw/win/win which gives them 68 pts

Leicester on 63 to play Man Utd away, Chelsea away, Spurs at home ... draw/lose/draw which gives them 65 pts

Chelsea on 64 to play Arsenal home, Leicester home, Villa away ....win/win/win which gives them 73 pts

Tottenham on 56 to play Wolves home, Villa home, Leicester away....win/win/draw which gives us 63 pts

League finishes Man City / Man Utd / Chelsea/West Ham/ Liverpool / Leicester/Tottenham/ Leeds and Everton

The best I can possibly forecast is 7th which puts us into the new ECL Cup competition. As the famous Star Trek phrase so eloquently said "It's life, but not as we know it"

I'd love to see how you think it will all pan out so please put your predictions forward :thumb:

PS

If I'm right and Leicester do not make top 4 (again) maybe Brendan might be tempted to jump ship and join Captain Levy's crew ??

Honestly, the Europa Conference league might be the perfect stepping stone to build the team back up. The best team in the competition could be Leverkusen, Betis, Sassuolo, or Lens. I suspect many players to leave this summer, most cause they want to some cause Levy does they aren't good enough and Mason and Mourinho both said it like Sanchez