Neophyte

20/21 EFL: Stoke City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Stoke v Tottenham  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Never thought I'd vote for them to lose a match but I truly believe things will get even worse before they will get better. Maybe a bitter pill of harsh reality will wake everyone up to what is beginning to happen and stop the club from imploding.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong lads.

This match will tell us nothing. We should and might win this. 

I suspect JM may be getting a bit twitchy after the last 5 EPL games and, hopefully, as this is probably the easiest of the 3 Cup competitions, he may take it seriously.

I am going for the win. 

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

This match will tell us nothing. We should and might win this. 

I suspect JM may be getting a bit twitchy after the last 5 EPL games and, hopefully, as this is probably the easiest of the 3 Cup competitions, he may take it seriously. I dread the thought of what my happen if we lose. If Wolves win tonight and then beat us we will be below them!!

I am going for the win. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Jay Kane said:

Have to play a strong team here,our best chance of silverware this season,don’t park the bus,just go for it,I think we will win 1-2,coys!!!!!!

Agree, it is the only chance to win something. 

It's quite ironically amusing really. We all put our thoughts on here about how we should tackle each game, JM ignores it and then we put our thoughts as to where it all went wrong. 

On paper we have a squad which should be able to produce better results, yet we are not. We have a manager who has been who has been very good previously but can't get this squad achieving the results it was expected he would. 

Sadly for me, I am increasingly losing interest this season. I know there are enough games to see us doing well, even winning a trophy. However, I am not seeing any evidence of us improving and developing into a consistently good team. I have lost patience with JM asi blame him rather than the players. 

We all know Christmas is cancelled. Unless we suddenly put a string of results together, for me this season is close to being cancelled. Hopefully, it is just this pandemic and me having had pneumonia and then Covid-19 that has driven me to be so downhearted. Come the end of January I may well be getting bombarded with posts telling me I was a plonker to lose faith. I would love that to happen, but I just can't bring myself to be positive at the moment. I continually feel fed up of late

COYS 

We should really start a strong side for this because it’s the quickest and probably the easiest thing we’re capable of winning this year... but I do think with the slightly mediocre form we’ve been in, no doubt we’ll make this a harder job that it needs to be .. The confidence will come with this trophy to go on and finish the season strong and I honestly think a little change in game plans will put our season back on track and make us a real force to be reckoned with... shame to see so many lose faith after 2 games that didn’t go our way necessarily. 

Can slowly see some members becoming arsenal-minded fans that can’t be happy with a top 4 finish and a trophy and look where that’s got them.  Which ironically that would be our greatest season that Ive ever got to witness... For me, to consider cancelling our season because of our last 2 games is just ridiculous as we’re in every competition still and can still turn this round , look and City and ManU... everyone wrote them off 3 games ago and now they’re both being tipped to challenge Liverpool for the title. This very small blip (if you’d call it one) will be over soon, we just feel abit shit because we thought we could’ve won the league but now that’s becoming slim again we need to focus on all the good we can still do this season! Starting with beating stoke and making the semis and winning this bloody trophy!      .... and breath 

COYS

48 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

This very small blip (if you’d call it one) will be over soon, we just feel abit shit because we thought we could’ve won the league but now that’s becoming slim again we need to focus on all the good we can still do this season! Starting with beating stoke and making the semis and winning this bloody trophy!      .... and breath 

COYS

Nice positive message Liam .....In the words of Tiny Tim "God Bless Us Everyone". We undoubtedly missed a golden opportunity the last couple of games and suddenly losing 6 pts has such a dramatic effect in a tight league. Let's hope it was a blip and a good win tomorrow will restore some confidence and set the scene for a great Christmas/New Year period. I was going to change my vote from 'lose' to 'win' now that I've cheered up a bit but I don't seem to be able to (Bah Humbug !!).

Is that an option @Hastingsyid or is a vote cast in stone once it's made ?? Do you have the powers to change my vote or can you delete it and I'll do it again ?

1 hour ago, LiamCOYS said:

We should really start a strong side for this because it’s the quickest and probably the easiest thing we’re capable of winning this year... but I do think with the slightly mediocre form we’ve been in, no doubt we’ll make this a harder job that it needs to be .. The confidence will come with this trophy to go on and finish the season strong and I honestly think a little change in game plans will put our season back on track and make us a real force to be reckoned with... shame to see so many lose faith after 2 games that didn’t go our way necessarily. 

Can slowly see some members becoming arsenal-minded fans that can’t be happy with a top 4 finish and a trophy and look where that’s got them.  Which ironically that would be our greatest season that Ive ever got to witness... For me, to consider cancelling our season because of our last 2 games is just ridiculous as we’re in every competition still and can still turn this round , look and City and ManU... everyone wrote them off 3 games ago and now they’re both being tipped to challenge Liverpool for the title. This very small blip (if you’d call it one) will be over soon, we just feel abit shit because we thought we could’ve won the league but now that’s becoming slim again we need to focus on all the good we can still do this season! Starting with beating stoke and making the semis and winning this bloody trophy!      .... and breath 

COYS

Not sure how good Stoke are but hear they have GK issues due to injuries.

Agree we should name a strong playing squad to win this one, and integrate some fresher players amongst the regular starters, changing 8/9 players is usually too much and is just disjointed.

I want to see SOME of the newer players (Vinicius/Doherty/Rodon), SOME of the younger players (Tanganga/Clarke) and SOME previous starters (Winks/Dele/Lamela/Sanchez) to be mixed with the regular first teamers - rather than dump a whole lot of them together. 

On your wider point about ‘not giving up on the season’ I’ve made similar points on another topic just now.

I’m annoyed about the manner of defeat against Liverpool and the shitty performance vs Leicester (plus the two terrible goals we conceded) but so far it’s only a blip.

Up to that point I was pleased with the results and proud of many of the players efforts, if not enamoured by some of the performances! 

Everton apparently ‘won the league’ in October and we were lauded in November, now it’s flipped again and Everton/Leicester/ManU are all flavour of the month. Let’s just stick in there and stay as close as possible - we’ve got to play all of the teams again at least once more! 

this was the least important match of december and now its become the most important, sums it up really yet again our best chance of silverware is the reserves cup

Apart from when we were in the CL final that is, ahh memories . Lets hope we get Brentford in the semis 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

. Lets hope we get Brentford in the semis 

Well it's a definite possibility now my mate ! Thoroughly deserved win and a great goal by Brentford. Arsenal just announced 8 player changes from the last game for their tie against Man City at 8.00pm :7:. If ever a Cup had our name on it this season then surely it's this one.:16:

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

this was the least important match of december and now its become the most important, sums it up really yet again our best chance of silverware is the reserves cup

Apart from when we were in the CL final that is, ahh memories . Lets hope we get Brentford in the semis 

Be careful what you wish for.

They have knocked out 4 EPL teams in the competition this season, are in the play off position in the Championship and an outside tip for promotion. Statistically they are having a good season and full of confidence. 

COYS 

Bit like our back four I'm struggling to juggle life Christmas and football.ill Escape the family to watch this one tomorrow night with trepidation.

We all know what I'm around most we need from this hearing their goalkeepers are out and they've got standings playing doesn't fill me with confidence that usually means they'll have the game of their life against us. 

Depends on what Spurs we get tomorrow night beaver the lack of confident over respectful against Liverpool and Leicester or the overconfident in Europe, let's hope we get at least an in-between Vinicious definitely got to play some of the fringe players let's hope Dele gets a chance now to prove himself bite the bit. 

Be nice to see a full attacking concentration 3-0 win some of the youngsters coming on for the last 10 minutes to wrap things up.

Would love to see our promising youth, but that won’t happen. Another thing I don’t llike about Mourinho. 

We will hide and sit like cowards in our own half and let the opponent play. Stoke can win 2:1 but a draw is more likely

2 hours ago, Spurfect said:

Would love to see our promising youth, but that won’t happen. Another thing I don’t llike about Mourinho. 

We will hide and sit like cowards in our own half and let the opponent play. Stoke can win 2:1 but a draw is more likely

If they are level it goes straight to penalties after 90 minutes. Semi finals and finals will play 30 minutes extra time first.

11 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Be careful what you wish for.

They have knocked out 4 EPL teams in the competition this season, are in the play off position in the Championship and an outside tip for promotion. Statistically they are having a good season and full of confidence. 

COYS 

yeh give us something to watch in January other than Liverpool running away with it again,  semis all teams play strongest squad i would think though that season we V Chelsea it seemed we werent bothered 

Well at least it is a reasonably strong team with a very strong bench - there can be no excuses if we were to lose. It also makes the puzzle even more unfathomable to me. 

Good things come in 3s. I've had a letter published in the Daily Mail, done quite well at bridge this afternoon coming 5th out of 18 pairs (most of them good players). So it is looking good for tonight. 

COYS 

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

If they are level it goes straight to penalties after 90 minutes. Semi finals and finals will play 30 minutes extra time first.

This is exactly what I mean. The lads will exhaust themselves and start tired against the Wolverhampton. My only bright spot is the Wolves will have a big and lavish Christmas dinner and do hard to find in their play.

Anyway, the fact that Stevie and Serge are not even on the bench is symbolic and shows me why I have never come to terms with the Mourinho lovers!  

Joining late, BALE,,,,assist from Winks...Im fainting, maybe you'll get a second wind from me if he keeps putting decent  crosses in at least it'll be useful.

We have been a bit narrow getting balls in the box is the way forward if we get down the wings and get some more in that would be good.

I don't know why we started with Kane I would have tried Vinicious try something different and something out of bring Kane off the bench to finish them off.