Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Toothless Not Ruthless...

1 minute ago, KCspurs said:

I can't help but wonder if our midfield fluency is one of the issues here. We don't seem to have two players who link well together there. Ndombele was probably our best player yesterday but he was taken off with 20 minutes to go. Sissoko doesn't offer much help going forward. Lo Celso won't be seen for a while but didn't seem to mesh well with Ndombele. We really do need someone to connect things with the forwards better.

That or a creative player of the Eriksen ilk to start every EPL game. We don't seem to have anyone who is controlling the game these days. We have have moments where some guy or pair are at times creative but never throughout the whole match. 

We don't regularly see creativity throughout a game these days. We simply seem to be defending and waiting for opportunities these days. 

COYS 

55 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Here is an interesting bit I saw posted elsewhere:

Spurs Goals Conceded: 15

Open Play = 3 (Lowest in the PL)
Counter attack = 0 (Lowest in the PL)
Set Piece = 6 (Joint 3rd highest in the PL)
Penalty = 4 (Joint 2nd highest in the PL)
Own goal = 2 (Joint 2nd highest in the PL)

Doesn't it seem like we are being killed by mental errors, errors in discipline and focus more than anything else? I'm sure I am not the only one who gulps when we have to defend a corner!

Great Post mate!

I remember when jose took over and he was asked if he was impressed with all the goals we were scoring in the first couple games, but he responded that he was still concerned about the amount of goals we were conceding... Its seems hes worked harder in the summer to get the team defensively ready for the season that he probably thought Son and Kane would able to do the rest of the work going forward. Defensively, we are a unit... We're still a hard team to score against. But we need to worry less about conceding and start scoring more goals... Next game we really need to just play solid 70 minutes of all out attack and unleash the strengths of our team. Instead of sitting back and hoping for a counter... 

Attack is the best form of defence after all... 

Haha!!! Good news Doomsters!! Crystal Palace 1 vs Leicester 1. Leicester were behind until a very late goal. Perhaps our result wasn't the disaster it Was portrayed as. COYS

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

The only way they leave is cos off the set up nothing else ,,,which is down to the management only my mate 

Cmon mate. They will go for the Money, overall Contract or possibility of fulfilling their egos or boyhood dreams and the fact they haven't and are unlikely to win Major prizes with us. Realistic!!

8 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Haha!!! Good news Doomsters!! Crystal Palace 1 vs Leicester 1. Leicester were behind until a very late goal. Perhaps our result wasn't the disaster it Was portrayed as. COYS

Villa and Chelsea look as good as each other tonight too... Grealish really is some player! Quite jealous actually 

Hopefully another big stinky draw lol

COYS

Unlucky Palace couldnt finish the job against Leicester.. but still creates more chance for us to enter the top four again... 

Villa still a goal down and starting to slow down.. would be surprised if they make a comeback and bless us with a draw. Everton V City will be interesting and so will ManU V Wolves. Hopefully a couple results go our way!

Two winnable games couldn't of come at a better time

COYS

Top ten for us mate Fulham and Leeds are gonna be tougher than wolves ,,Leeds don’t stop playing with a manager that knows more about football than any one and Fulham made Liverpool look average for 60 mins ,,,tough defensive attitude I think is needed cos we won’t score readily 

7 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Lol I am in the camp ,,were I want jm to sort it out and win everything 

but imagine the squad watching back the match ( with jm ) and jm says we scored why defend ???? Kane says that’s what you told us to do ...lol what would his reply be ???

Thats probably what Dele asked him a few times as he would do that. We know joses answer!! 

Come on give me an quip from Jose lol ,,maybe ,,Jose said I told you not to score and just defend,,you stupid boys ,,,why score it’s ,,its ,,not right to the tactics we set out from the start hmmmm ,,,the squad is so good but poor scoring mistakes costs the team ,,,hmmm 

'I am the Special one'

'I can do no wrong - it's a pity I have a squad of numpties, but hey! I got them to top of the league 2 points ahead of Liverpool with the best GD. If only they had listened to me to keep attacking instead of sitting deep, we would still be top'. 

COYS 

As ive said before when Jose allowed us to play we did just that.

Soton Man U. WHam Man C possibly,  2nd half v Liverpool .

I feel the players want to play 'their' way but know that if you mess with jose then you get Dellied so are stuck between a rock and a hard place

Of course i dont know anything tho im not a self proffessed genius. Just a fantastically wealthy sales god :-)

Have to admit... a very quiet training session... Is this us losing interest in being a team thats gets on with each other or is its maybe just a cold and miserable day? 

Id like to think perhaps this is the boys getting serious for Fulham, losing the fake smiles and starting to take more time into perfecting our game for tomorrow..

COYS