Spurs Web
Mr8ball

20/21 PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Fulham

10 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Same pattern, right, without no improvement. Because Mourinho won't change, he is just an arrogant idiot. 

In min 60 we had to change something BEFORE foolham goal. 

Where is Bale? Why not Alli? 

In this moment we're playing the worst football from the top 8 clubs in EPL. And the big problem is that this crap style won't change until idiot leaves the club. 

Yes I agree that it was crying out for subs and a tactical change from around 60mins.

For me, yes Dele would have been ideal, especially after playing very well vs Marine. 

Lamela was good before his latest injury and stupid COVID breach, but he’s not coming in match fit yet, so not the impact sub we needed.

Couldn’t see much point in Vinicius as we weren’t making any chances, as lacking creativity in the middle. 

With all that said, we’d have won that game if Son just puts in any one of his three great chances. Their GK also played really well to be fair, no mistakes.

Almost Half way through a crazy season now and if the second half is better than the first then we will make top 4.

15 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Same pattern, right, without no improvement. Because Mourinho won't change, he is just an arrogant idiot. 

In min 60 we had to change something BEFORE foolham goal. 

Where is Bale? Why not Alli? 

In this moment we're playing the worst football from the top 8 clubs in EPL. And the big problem is that this crap style won't change until idiot leaves the club. 

Totally agree with you about the 60th minute as you can see I was screaming get the subs on. Mourinho out it's a bit early let's give him the season,  hopefully we will do some dealings in the market to get some attackiing flair in midfield because only having lamela BALE to come on and not use them correctly is most disappointing if we finish 10th no cups then fair enough.

In this game Mourinho did cockit second half to not get Reguilon and Aurier to get down the Wings if we got them on the back foot brought on the boys earlier I think it would have been a different matter

Palace, Wolves and now Fulham. Same problem...what do we do if we are one nil up with 30 minutes to go ?.

You can visibly see the shutters coming down as we gradually reduce the number of attacks and attempt to hold on to a slender lead.

I would rather see us die bravely and get caught on a counter attack than witness us trying to defend a 1-0.

The problem is that if an equaliser is scored early enough then the whole momentum of the game switches and we risk losing 3pts instead of just one.

Forget Reguilon's goal that never was, Son was clearly offside but the game turned when the Korean hit the post instead of coolly slotting it home. He looked visibly despondent instead of eager to make another opportunity and the whole spirit of the team seemed to slum.

The sad reality is that we can be entertaining, inventive and for most of the time defensively solid. We cannot however be ruthless and merciless and put teams to the sword. That is where the title challenge will be lost, not with defeats but with regularly dropping two points in games that should have yielded three.

We may well hold it together and beat City for a cup win and the FA Cup too may be within reach but the consistency demanded to win a league title simply isn't there.

I am now resigned to that fact and just hope we can at least lift a trophy.

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

Palace, Wolves and now Fulham. Same problem...what do we do if we are one nil up with 30 minutes to go ?.

You can visibly see the shutters coming down as we gradually reduce the number of attacks and attempt to hold on to a slender lead.

I would rather see us die bravely and get caught on a counter attack than witness us trying to defend a 1-0.

The problem is that if an equaliser is scored early enough then the whole momentum of the game switches and we risk losing 3pts instead of just one.

Forget Reguilon's goal that never was, Son was clearly offside but the game turned when the Korean hit the post instead of coolly slotting it home. He looked visibly despondent instead of eager to make another opportunity and the whole spirit of the team seemed to slump.

The sad reality is that we can be entertaining, inventive and for most of the time defensively solid. We cannot however be ruthless and merciless and put teams to the sword. That is where the title challenge will be lost, not with defeats but with regularly dropping two points in games that should have yielded three.

We may well hold it together and beat City for a cup win and the FA Cup too may be within reach but the consistency demanded to win a league title simply isn't there.

I agree with most of that hole heartedly.

To those thinking our World Class Manager is not the problem I would say think again.  He picks the team, sets the team up, sets tactics and has the opportunity to change things if they don’t go according to those decisions and plans.

how many times do we attempt to defend a slim lead and fail before he realizes it doesn’t work in today’s game.

Hoddle and Owen were the pundits during today’s game over here and they got it spot on.  The Team seems scared to attack, creating few chances once we take a lead.  Yet we don’t just sit in and defend either, we almost do neither.  I cannot understand how we as Tottenham Hotspur can justify playing this way against Fulham, Wolves, Palace etc.  We should be ruthless and go straight for the juggler and put these teams to the sword, especially when we score first.  
Unfortunately once again we sat back, let a bottom 3 Club dictate the tempo and bring the game to us. It’s inevitable with the quality in the EPL these days that we will concede.  We aren’t even creating chances on the counter save Son’s post.

Once again the Managers moves are negative as well removing N’Dombele and how many times has that backfired now?  It sends a message to the team and we fall back.  Fall back and concede.  It is SO very frustrating because it’s so easy to predict and yet Mourinho continues to set up this way.  Son likely feels that he cost us this game because he missed that ONE break we did create. N’Dombele set it up and he gets removed 

and again today as at Wolves he lays the blame firmly on the players.  Does anyone here REALLY believe that The players want to play this way?  We have arguably the best pair of goal scorers in Europe FFS!  And yet we sit back and invite pressure?  The ONLY reason that would be is it’s the message the Manager is sending, blatantly or otherwise. 

It’s not fucking working and it doesn’t take a “Special One” to see it.

rant over 

Its a shit club at the moment anyway. Furlough then didnt yet still had millions to spend on players.

Deals with xmas Covid breaches by picking said players ahead of better behaved professionals .thatll teach them a lesson stupid crap club being run in a moronic manner lately 

10 hours ago, Alonso said:

2nd half disappointing.  

it’s like Ground Hog day

im fed up with these tactics.  They are SHIT!!!!!

Tactics? What tactics? 

The problem is Mourinho is not coming up with any plan that can get players other than Kane and Son in and around the box where they can score. Those 2 score 4 out of 5 of our goals in the EPL. Getting any of the other players on the score sheet is as rare as a foreskin in the Jewish Army. 

The tactics are not shit, they are non-existent. 

COYS 

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Tactics? What tactics? 

The problem is Mourinho is not coming up with any plan that can get players other than Kane and Son in and around the box where they can score. Those 2 score 4 out of 5 of our goals in the EPL. Getting any of the other players on the score sheet is as rare as a foreskin in the Jewish Army. 

COYS 

Well done James. I think you have highlighted the reason  last nights Draw. Son and Kane are our Top players if the do not perform the team does not perform.

Kane scored a goal but otherwise had no influence on the pitch. Son had a mare. Winks almost scored, Sissoko could have scored.

Top 4 against bottom 3 we have no right to Win. They were competent and could have snuck the Win.

we didn't lose it was a draw !!!

23 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Well done James. I think you have highlighted the reason  last nights Draw. Son and Kane are our Top players if the do not perform the team does not perform.

Kane scored a goal but otherwise had no influence on the pitch. Son had a mare. Winks almost scored, Sissoko could have scored.

Top 4 against bottom 3 we have no right to Win. They were competent and could have snuck the Win.

we didn't lose it was a draw !!!

and thats the kitmans fault?   

I am beginning to think that JM is a one trick pony.

We have had too many crappy games which implies to me we don't have any plan B, C and D that we can change to when we lose control of the game. We keep on all through the game with same old same old way which the opponents are expecting. We rarely catch them out. 

This squad is capable of doing better and it is criminal they are not. Something drastic has to change or we will blow the best chance in ages to be the team that grabs it. It is like the season when Leicester won the league. Utd, City and Liverpool had a bad start but there managers put things right and have got their teams winning again and sitting in the top 3. Spurs started well and were clear by 2 points at the top but have gone downhill. Our best results have been in Cup matches playing, in the main, against lower league or inferior ranked teams. 

In my opinion, we are under achieving and there must be a reason. If we win the league Cup but finish out of the top 4, I personally would feel we have done badly. As much as I would love to win a cup, competing in the CL and beating the best in Europe is my yardstick and what I crave for. 

COYS 

Jose can piss off, bored of him, wow so he smiles once in 95 minutes and the media love him,  hes a twat, finished, dinosaur doesnt belong at Tottenham

Doesnt learn the lesson of Leeds where he kept us positive 

V Fulham we had Sissoko, Hjolberg and Winks, 3 DMs against a knackered Covid ridden squad and he says he wants US to be nasty, try being nasty yourself you portuguese waste of fresh air 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

and thats the kitmans fault?   

Credit where credit's due.

JM is pretty fair and spreads the blame elsewhere when things go wrong and everyone has to take their turn at shouldering the blame.  LOL

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Tactics? What tactics? 

COYS 

Obviously I totally agree with your point James about Kane and sonny but I think the main issue here is as Mourinho likes to talk to show how great at managing he is why hasn't he kicked the players up the ass and say you've got to speak to each other Kane's supposed to be the bloody captain when things are going wrong on the pitch he should be shouting at the players and telling them what to do do that's what we need we had that before and again when we were struggling and not performing and we all cheered and went thank god two players actually care.

As I've said before if you want to play us to be aggressive he's got a teach them how to be winners and Fighters I would take them in the gym put them in a ring with some boxing gloves and say come on show me you have passion and fight because that's what you should be showing on the pitch for that badge that you're wearing you should be so privileged to wear it and the fight for your life to keep that shirt and to show the fans you care.

Maybe he should make heiberg that captain because I think he is actually someone who wants to fight and cares even and dembele is picking up from midfield and trying and like a lot of the other players I'm not being funny I know I do pick on winks but I would smack him round the face say  look inStead of running around like a headless chicken actually get in the players faces and get the ball back and knock it forward.....grrrrrr

13 hours ago, Mihai said:

Is there any positive you can write after this game? 

Sure you "love me", but I am not the subject of this board. :)

So let's get back... 3 DMs against foolham, parking a big bus against a championship team is simply hilarious. 

The goal we scored, the other chances that were created...

As with other games, we have suffered through not taking chances, as anybody would see who watched the games.

Sonny, The Kane and Hojberg all missed clear scoring chances.

14 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I thought that was holberg if it was Winks ill throw my hands up, but one pass doesn't make up  for not tackling or creating for the rest of the game

Actually, according to the papers it was Hojberg, not Winks, so my bad.

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

Forget Reguilon's goal that never was, Son was clearly offside but the game turned when the Korean hit the post instead of coolly slotting it home. He looked visibly despondent instead of eager to make another opportunity and the whole spirit of the team seemed to slum.

I was horrified when Mourinho arrived but, having no other option, I decided to not make up my mind one way or the other. 

He has had since November 2019 to stamp his authority. He took over a half decent squad that was under performing. He also has been able to improve the squad which is now valued as the 10th most valuable in Europe. He has Kane and Son both match winners. 

The question is, has he got this squad playing to it's potential? Is it looking likely we will become a top European club and winning top trophies? Clearly by the results, the answer must be no. The more games we play the more Mourinho is no longer looking like the manager he once was. 

It is so sad that, in a season where no one team is racing away, the chance to do a Leicester is slipping away. 

There is no top manager available and, even if there was, there is no sense in swapping mid season. My only hope is that Leicester, Everton and possibly Chelsea can be beaten to 4th place. Utd, Liverpool and City look like they will make up the top 3. For me that is more important than winning the league Cup (although that would be nice). A final we got to by avoiding top Premier teams and playing teams from the the lower leagues. In my opinion, it is vitally important being in the CL. Not being so introduces the very real risk that Son and Kane will leave. 

Sorry to be so negative, but I am feeling quite low and fed up after last night and with our poor showing this season. When we were top of the league and 2 points ahead of a stuttering Liverpool with City and Utd struggling, I allowed myself to feel confident this was going to be a really good season. Now, I just can't see it happening. 

Please, please JM, prove me wrong and I'll be happy to stuff myself with humble pie. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

As with other games, we have suffered through not taking chances, as anybody would see who watched the games.

I think the game is not just about attacking and scoring goals, equally important is defending where goalies pull off fantastic saves and defenders make tremendous block tackles etc. They are doing their job without a mistake. Also, many shots hit the posts and bar. Goals are ruled by offside by less than an inch. I don't consider that as having bad luck, just a normal part of the game. 

For me, I think that teams like City and Liverpool in the past 2 seasons made sure they created enough good chances in a game that the ones they missed (and they do miss their fair share) didn't matter. Also, by scoring goals, if they do concede a goal through a defensive blunder, they don't drop points. 

I agree that there were the positives you mentioned. That said, I do feel we could be more positive in attack and I think we should press for the 2nd goal rather than concentrating more on maintaining a 1 goal lead. 

However, I am all theory, much of which I don't fully understand as I have played so little football. That means I may be talking rubbish.

COYS 

Another frustrating match ... 1st half was great, created chances and had good control of the game. Probably should have been 2-3 up. 

I’m a big fan and admirer of JM but yesterday I’m not even sure what the plan was after 50minutes. Loss of shape, late subs, poor sub choices... I wasn’t 100% sure on the starting line up but it proved good prior that 2nd half. At 55-60 winks should have left the pitch and sissoko should have dropped allowing bale or moura to come on but didn’t happen. Vinny on way too late, can take 10mins to settle into a game and that was all he was given... barely. 

No true winger on the right kills us massively going forward and just don’t see why Jose is blind to this. I like ndombele drive and dribbling abilities but he played like an individual in that second half, Too many failed dribbles. 

The only excuse I can make for spurs is that Areola had a great game and we missed some clear cut chances.

So many ifs and buts... were just not clinical enough and that’s it. Miss too many chances that would put the nail in the coffin but ol spursy is officially back lads. 

Such a weird game football as we’ll only focus on the poor 2nd half but in actually we probably should and could’ve won this 3-0 4-0. But again we let ourselves down yet again. 

Not Mourinho out but someone give this geez a slap pls. It’s almost like he goes against easy decisions because he thinks it’s too predictable and ‘has’ to be seen as different.

not sure how to feel, loss of motivation and  don’t even wanna bother checking the table. I know it’s not a loss and could be worse but that was definitely 2pts dropped and we’re starting to see a pattern...

COYS

1 hour ago, Tonto911 said:

we also gave up too much possession , gave them too much control, and many other games too we seemed to choose to relinquish momentum in the game, for some reason, we got it right V Leeds , but the same players (or manager) keep getting it wrong, yet theyre still picked 

19 minutes ago, LiamCOYS said:

Another frustrating match ... 1st half was great, created chances and had good control of the game. Probably should have been 2-3 up. 

I’m a big fan and admirer of JM but yesterday I’m not even sure what the plan was after 50minutes. Loss of shape, late subs, poor sub choices... I wasn’t 100% sure on the starting line up but it proved good prior that 2nd half. At 55-60 winks should have left the pitch and sissoko should have dropped allowing bale or moura to come on but didn’t happen. Vinny on way too late, can take 10mins to settle into a game and that was all he was given... barely. 

No true winger on the right kills us massively going forward and just don’t see why Jose is blind to this. I like ndombele drive and dribbling abilities but he played like an individual in that second half, Too many failed dribbles. 

The only excuse I can make for spurs is that Areola had a great game and we missed some clear cut chances.

So many ifs and buts... were just not clinical enough and that’s it. Miss too many chances that would put the nail in the coffin but ol spursy is officially back lads. 

Such a weird game football as we’ll only focus on the poor 2nd half but in actually we probably should and could’ve won this 3-0 4-0. But again we let ourselves down yet again. 

Not Mourinho out but someone give this geez a slap pls. It’s almost like he goes against easy decisions because he thinks it’s too predictable and ‘has’ to be seen as different.

not sure how to feel, loss of motivation and  don’t even wanna bother checking the table. I know it’s not a loss and could be worse but that was definitely 2pts dropped and we’re starting to see a pattern...

COYS

youre STARTING to see a pattern, some of us saw it when we were top , dont worry James, Alonso, me , Mr 8 , Mihai etc we not mad after all Oh thanks God  

2 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

youre STARTING to see a pattern, some of us saw it when we were top , dont worry James, Alonso, me , Mr 8 , Mihai etc we not mad after all Oh thanks God  

You have to be mad to be a Spurs supporter, it goes with the job :7:

Seriously though after 17 games how many of those were we losing 1-0 but managed to score a dramatic second half equaliser and scrape a point ??  Answer is zero ....and how many of those were we winning but managed to concede in the second half and only get a draw instead of a win ??  .....Answer is 5.......West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham

We have drawn six games and apart from a 0-0 with Chelsea in every other match we were ahead and surrendered our lead. There's your pattern and if we had shown some bottle by continuing to press and go forward we could have won all of those 5 and now be sitting with 40 points on top of the league and 4pts ahead of Man Utd.

Breaks my feckin' heart :12: