Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Carabao Cup Final Opponents

Who would everyone would prefer us to draw in the final before the match tonight ?. My personal preference would be Manchester City. I think they play a purer game of football that would suit us better. It certainly won't be an easy game but they will be worthy opponents and if the worst does happen then I think I could bear it better.

The last thing I want is to be holding my breath for ninety minutes against Manchester Utd and waiting for the inevitable 'dodgy' penalty to awarded against us. I really don't think I could enjoy the match at all and with it being our first final for some time I do want to savour the experience and regardless of the final result, look back on the game with pride and pleasure.

So I'll take Pep's City slickers all day long instead of Ole's Ordinairy Oafs.

What's your opinion ??

On 1/6/2021 at 11:20 AM, Borodin said:

I've started this thread early just so we can see who everyone would prefer us to draw in the final before the match tonight. My personal preference would be Manchester City. I think they play a purer game of football that would suit us better. It certainly won't be an easy game but they will be worthy opponents and if the worst does happen then I think I could bear it better.

The last thing I want is to be holding my breath for ninety minutes against Manchester Utd and waiting for the inevitable 'dodgy' penalty to awarded against us. I really don't think I could enjoy the match at all and with it being our first final for some time I do want to savour the experience and regardless of the final result, look back on the game with pride and pleasure.

So I'll take Pep's City slickers all day long instead of Ole's Ordinairy Oafs.

What's your opinion ??

The more I think as to who I would prefer, the more difficult it is who would give us the best chance. We have beaten both early in the season when no team in the EPL were showing consistency. Out of Spurs, City and Utd, we are probably the least consistent. As of today, City are starting to improve as they get top players back from injury. Utd are doing by far the best of the 3 teams. That suggests that, as of today, the the bookies would not be making us the favourite. 

However, the match is some 3 months away and who knows who will be the form team then. I personally would not be surprised if both those teams will be competing with Liverpool for the title and will be difficult to beat. I am unsure  how we will be playing due to our erratic up and down start to the season. 

Both City and Utd have a good record in recent Cup finals over the last decade, so that is a plus for them. I just don't know who to choose (that is not sitting on the fence - I just don't know). 

Today I am going to toss a coin - heads for Utd and tails for City. It is tails, City get get my vote!!! 

COYS 

9 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Id prefer whoevers still in Europe and FA cup and title race by the end April 

The matter of who our opponents are will be decided tonight , so based on that fact ...out of the two who would you prefer ?

I agree with the problem of our consistency which is why I would see us as underdogs against either City or Utd. However, on our day with Harry and Son we can not only beat but thrash either of them.

To answer the question I would choose Utd because they have inconsistent spells too. City are beginning to find their form and sometimes are unplayable.

in 3 months I would guess we would win 2 out of 10 vs City and 6 out of 10 Utd. But VAR  Could Win or Lose both.

Of course the Carabao Cup is now not as important as it used to be....With our World Class Manager Jose at the helm it will be the first of many Cup Finals.!!!

As things stand now with squad and injuries, City for me.

They are (I think) a bit more predictable at what they do well. You know who their consistently good players are and what they will do to beat you. As a result Jose knows how to set-up against them and you saw that play out in our recent league match. 

Whilst we stuffed United, it was at least partly to do with the ‘crafty’ red card and they won’t be that bad again. 

Both good teams and either will be narrow favourites I suspect. Unless of course there are key injuries to Sterling, Rashford but mostly KDB and Bruno F, who we really really should have bought before ManU) 

Either way we can beat both of them if we play well.

7 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

The more I think as to who I would prefer, the more difficult it is who would give us the best chance. We have beaten both early in the season when no team in the EPL were showing consistency. Out of Spurs, City and Utd, we are probably the least consistent. As of today, City are starting to improve as they get top players back from injury. Utd are doing by far the best of the 3 teams. That suggests that, as of today, the the bookies would not be making us the favourite. 

However, the match is some 3 months away and who knows who will be the form team then. I personally would not be surprised if both those teams will be competing with Liverpool for the title and will be difficult to beat. I am unsure  how we will be playing due to our erratic up and down start to the season. 

Both City and Utd have a good record in recent Cup finals over the last decade, so that is a plus for them. I just don't know who to choose (that is not sitting on the fence - I just don't know). 

Today I am going to toss a coin - heads for Utd and tails for City. It is tails, City get get my vote!!! 

COYS 

I see City have won. 

From now on when predicting Spurs result, I am going to toss a coin - I will get more right that way  LOL

COYS 

I'm happy enough that we have City in the final. I'm not sure why, because at times they are simply head and shoulders above any other side, but we don't do well against Manure (1-6 excepted). I also like the fact that Ole has now lost 4 semi-finals in a row !

13 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I'm happy enough that we have City in the final. I'm not sure why, because at times they are simply head and shoulders above any other side, but we don't do well against Manure (1-6 excepted). I also like the fact that Ole has now lost 4 semi-finals in a row !

Me too for exactly the same reasons. 

COYS 

I believe in who ever is in charge ,,,it’s up to the players to turn it on ,,none off us know who is gonna be playing the best football in April ,,,City looked awesome last night ,,,they might be shite in April champs league etc ,,,jm will go all out for this trophy the other tournaments will fit in simple