Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Jamesinashby

Aston Villa have Covid cases

Villa's cup match with Liverpool is likely to be postponed as several of their players now in isolation as the have tested positive for Covid-19. 

They are our next EPL game. The last thing we need is more cancellations. We need to be playing regularly to keep up with our rivals. 

Just when I thought we were getting some luck for a change, it seems to be going against us again. 

COYS 

School kids and family members pass on the virus. If this happens in a footballers home, they unintentionally go to training with it. If this not on one of the 2 days they get tested, it is easy to understand how quickly it spreads through a squad. This week, 3 or 4 clubs have been struck with it. Derby has decided to play their game with 2nd and 3rd team players! 

If they are allowing games to go ahead, you would think they would insist on daily testing. 

But what would I know. 

COYS 

6 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I believe over here in the NFL they are testing everyone in and out of the teams' facilities every day.

That makes sense, of course.

I think there are logistical and cost problems in this country that makes taking decisions difficult. It leads to many systems that are put into place being inadequate. 

I think the FA needs to get on top of the problem as, if it becomes too prevalent, there is a risk of stopping professional football being stopped.

I think too many people are putting too much hope in the current vaccines allowing a return to a near normal life. For me, I am concerned that this Coronavirus keeps mutating. God forbid it happens, but if a new strain emerges that is immune to current vaccines, that would put us back to square one. 

COYS 

7 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

That makes sense, of course.

I think there are logistical and cost problems in this country that makes taking decisions difficult. It leads to many systems that are put into place being inadequate. 

I think the FA needs to get on top of the problem as, if it becomes too prevalent, there is a risk of stopping professional football being stopped.

I think too many people are putting too much hope in the current vaccines allowing a return to a near normal life. For me, I am concerned that this Coronavirus keeps mutating. God forbid it happens, but if a new strain emerges that is immune to current vaccines, that would put us back to square one. 

COYS 

Definitely a concern, but I think the belief at the moment is that the vaccines and immunity will continue to be effective against any of the variants we have seen so far.

Apparently followers of Villa team haven't heard of most of tonight's team - some are only 16. Although Liverpool may well play a much weakened team, it is likely to be able to overwhelming these young lads.

If this is so, I hope if they get 3 or 4 ahead they take the foot of the gas and they don't go flat out to humiliate these young lads. 

COYS 

21 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Definitely a concern, but I think the belief at the moment is that the vaccines and immunity will continue to be effective against any of the variants we have seen so far.

I agree. That is what they say over here.

However, they probably never thought there would be a variant as this devastating one or that it would be quickly followed by the one coming out of South Africa that is looking like it will be more virulent than the current one. 

I have never allowed any of the good news that emerged to raise my spirits so that I believed it was the start of beating the virus. I feel I have been right to feel this way as there has been disappointment after disappointment. 

With flu, we have to be inoculated every year because because of new strains and it is only 70% effective. Why is this more deadly virus going to be beaten when they can't control flu?

COYS 

9 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I agree. That is what they say over here.

However, they probably never thought there would be a variant as this devastating one or that it would be quickly followed by the one coming out of South Africa that is looking like it will be more virulent than the current one. 

I have never allowed any of the good news that emerged to raise my spirits so that I believed it was the start of beating the virus. I feel I have been right to feel this way as there has been disappointment after disappointment. 

With flu, we have to be inoculated every year because because of new strains and it is only 70% effective. Why is this more deadly virus going to be beaten when they can't control flu?

COYS 

Well, I think their answer to that would be that this is a new type of vaccine that has never existed before and is supposedly more adaptable. I certainly hope that is true.

It makes one wonder how we would deal with it if it were as deadly as initially feared, thank God it is not, or if we in our modern times had to deal with something like the plague. I am unsure if modern society would be equipped to deal with any such thing.

I think there is reason for cautious optimism that things will be much better in 6 months, and that is where I am trying to stay... cautious optimism.