Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Harry Confirms Jose's Instructions :

Harry confirms that Mourinho tells them to keep up the pressure on the opposition and the team take full responsibility for not doing so. No instructions to 'park the bus' as rumoured. Let's hope this finally puts the matter to bed.

https://theboyhotspur.com/disastrous-news-from-harry-kane-if-youre-an-anti-mourinho-fan/

When I was in the Army and moving up the ranks to the more senior ones, it became a responsibility to pass on all orders from those senior to you as those orders had come from you. There was no, 'so and so said we must do this'. When the top man, the Lt Col, says what has to be done even down to  LCpl must give the order as though it was from him. Poor managers tend to say, 'so and so said to do it'. 

It is quite possible that JM is not solely behind the 'falling back and defending he lead tactics' and not just Harry saying it. However, it still begs the question, 'Why is JM not sorting it'? When things go wrong, the fans and media look for blame. That's human nature. But the crux of the matter is that we have thrown away 10 points from winning positions. 

In the Army the Lt Col was the one where the buck stopped and ultimately he/she would carry the blame. Being an Army man - especially as on officer - I took the blame for those I commanded. The buck stopped with me. I was the one that gave the orders and was responsible to see they were carried out. 

In football, when the performance of the team plummets, it is the manager who gets sacked. Even if it is mistakes by defenders giving away goals, those picked to create and score to goals failing to do so, injuries to important players, bad referee decisions etc, That is how management has always worked and always will. 

If JM achieves all we crave for then the plaudits, quite rightly, will pour in. If he doesn't, regardless of why, he will be criticised and lose his job. During his time in charge when the team wins he'll get as much credit as the players. When the team under performs, his shoulders have to be broad enough to at least share the blame. 

Just a military way of looking at things when it comes to management. For me there is a real skill in managing people and getting the best out of them. There are those on here who think he is pretty good at it and those who think there are areas in which he isn't. We will only know some time in the future, ultimately, how he is viewed, and that will depend on what happens on the pitch. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

It is quite possible that JM is not solely behind the 'falling back and defending he lead tactics' and not just Harry saying it.

COYS 

The point of my post was that Harry is confirming that Jose does say to continue to attack and not try to sit on a lead. He states that it is the responsibility of the team to carry out the manager's instructions but sometimes it doesn't happen.

It has long been rumoured that Mourinho stifles the attacks and this is obviously NOT the case but more one of the team feeling unable to risk following out his demands. How he sorts out the problem is another matter but the fact remains that Jose does not have the negative attitude the media widely try to portray.

Or Kane is more 'sensible' than Dele/Sissoko/anyone else who dared to question Jose and Harry tows the company line cos he knows PSG wont want him :-)

Poch didnt tell them to give it 110% second half of the CL Semi until the 96th minute, they chose to do so for themselves, for the team and for Poch , maybe they choose not to do what Jose wants as they dont like the way he man manages some of their previously very reliable and high performing mates 

That looks like some schoolboys blog page anyway, until i read it in the Sunday Sport I cant believe it :-)

Probably ASC .com

James your orders could cost lives ,,if not right ,,the jm defensive side off our matches some times ,,,is consistent,,if and if the players are doing it themselves ,,then jm needs to get off his arse and scream instructions to the player’s whilst in the match 

AHA!!! No longer do you need to listen to your Sage ...Asc3 who has been telling you individually and repeatedly that any bus parking or lack of momentum  in the 2nd half of games was due to the players and not the direction or Orders of our still new World Class

.Mr Hary Kane ( A top footballer at the Club) confirmed this and refuted all of the minor irritations that have been aimed at our World Class Manager as being baseless.

Of course it still will not do because as Mr8ball's Dad says you can't put Brains into a Cocunuts and I don't expect the Jose haters will have the style to say they have been wrong but are very likely to come up with other mythical minor points on which they will not/cannot be moved.

AHA!! Apologies if I crow just a little having spent so much time justifying my position for hours and hours to posters on this forum. Realistic and Right that sounds good.

Now I am not sure if the forum is quiet for a day or two until all that "Humble Pie" is eaten and fully digested. Or the clamour to validate " Mine and my mate Harry's statement of fact causes the forum to go into overdrive.

Lol. In case I hadn't mentioned it, Lol, once again it is wonderful to have ones previous disputed views validated.

I will continue with my realistic pearls of wisdom in the coming days. Cmon Jose. Onwards and Upwards.

Post...just a little over the Top???????

Yes!! Certainly my biggest validation yet! I have been on the Forum for Five and a half years and very often have found myself in the minority opinion side of the discussion. My personal reputation has suffered even though I have been aware that many times my opinions of today, dismissed by the majority then resurface at a later date when they have been proved right!!!!

I didn't feel it necessary to crow at these times but I have found justifying Jose's appointment and subsequent decisions more difficult to convince members of this forum.

Now that "One of our own"  Mr Harry Kane has completely, totally validated my views it is probably time to stop crowing. It is not in my nature as many on the forum will know. Lol. And many Lols to all my friends.

I have always thought you could see it in the players. It is not deliberate, but as time wears on we stop looking for the killer ball and start playing 'safe', which, as every Spurs fan knows, is the kiss of death for us.

57 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I have always thought you could see it in the players. It is not deliberate, but as time wears on we stop looking for the killer ball and start playing 'safe', which, as every Spurs fan knows, is the kiss of death for us.

Exactly, as I said before you can literally see the shutters start to come down as the game progresses. It's totally understandable but so dangerous. 1-0 after 10 minutes then just keep applying the pressure but as that becomes the 60th / 70th / 80th minute then the temptation to just cling on to your slender lead becomes more and more tempting. The major problem is when an equaliser is conceded and there is still time for another goal. The tempo of the game has changed dramatically and the opposition are positive and confident after drawing level, we are jaded and demoralised and at risk of letting in a second and not getting a single point.

I will be bitterly disappointed if we lose this title because of 5 games in which we were leading but conceded equalising goals in the last ten minutes. (West Ham game still gives me nightmares).

I can remember many years ago watching my hometown team Wrexham playing Crystal Palace at home. We needed just two points from our last two games to clinch promotion to the second division. It was 1-1 and we were surging forward looking for the winner and battering them. Suddenly we got the goal and it was 2-1 with about six minutes left. Immediately our manager was out of the dugout, waving his arms and shouting "Get back, get back". The team dug in and the attacks stopped. Palace produced wave after wave of attacks. Three minutes later they equalised and in injury time scored the winner. We lost 3-2. I was gutted and everyone blamed the manager.

Strange how all these years later Mourinho was accused by the media and some fans of adopting similar tactics with Spurs.Huge thanks to Harry Kane coming out and accepting it was the responsibilty of the team for switching to a more defensive approach rather than them following direct instructions to do so from the manager.

We need to put these things behind us now and launch a serious title bid. Liverpool look vulnerable and there for the taking at the moment. That would be a massive confidence boost for the squad. City looking dangerous now and Utd have really come good the last few games. Leicester cannot be dismissed either.

The second half of this season will continue to have shock results but not so much with the likes of Man City who seem to be imposing themselves again. We have Liverpool next at home, then Brighton away, after that Chelsea and WBA at home before we face Man City on February 13th. We are capable of extracting 12 points from those four games leading up to the City one and anything less will only convince me more that we are simply a potential top four side.

There really is a title up for grabs here with half a dozen clubs capable of winning it provided they display the consistency of performance needed. Let's make sure we are in there fighting.

COME ON YOU SPURS !!

On 1/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, Asc3 said:

AHA!!! No longer do you need to listen to your Sage ...Asc3 who has been telling you individually and repeatedly that any bus parking or lack of momentum  in the 2nd half of games was due to the players and not the direction or Orders of our still new World Class

.Mr Hary Kane ( A top footballer at the Club) confirmed this and refuted all of the minor irritations that have been aimed at our World Class Manager as being baseless.

Of course it still will not do because as Mr8ball's Dad says you can't put Brains into a Cocunuts and I don't expect the Jose haters will have the style to say they have been wrong but are very likely to come up with other mythical minor points on which they will not/cannot be moved.

AHA!! Apologies if I crow just a little having spent so much time justifying my position for hours and hours to posters on this forum. Realistic and Right that sounds good.

Now I am not sure if the forum is quiet for a day or two until all that "Humble Pie" is eaten and fully digested. Or the clamour to validate " Mine and my mate Harry's statement of fact causes the forum to go into overdrive.

Lol. In case I hadn't mentioned it, Lol, once again it is wonderful to have ones previous disputed views validated.

I will continue with my realistic pearls of wisdom in the coming days. Cmon Jose. Onwards and Upwards.

Post...just a little over the Top???????

Well, as I keep putting on here, everyone has the right to hold an opinion. 

The beauty of a forum, for me, is the different views on the same subject. That gives me the opportunity to join in either disagreeing or supporting.

I am happy for you to have you your 'crow' for two reasons. Firstly, if you turn out to be right, our wonderful Spurs will have returned to winning trophies. Now I am old, eating humble pie has become easy as I have had to do it often enough as I journeyed through life. Secondly, if you are proved wrong, it will be my time to crow and enjoy some good natured banter.  LOL

COYS

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

also if the players arent doing what Jose wants them to do then why does he still sit back relaxed as a world class manager surely he should be up at them telling them to sort their ideas out 

He doesn't want to upset them...!!!!! Until my second idea is adopted and we recruit and appoint a hardened and seasoned profssional as Team and Club Captain the soft spursy will always be there. Hugo as Captain...I'm sure that is a very nice idea!!! But......

I find it hard to believe that 10 outfield players have decided to deliberately defy orders. If this is the case, why is JM allowing them to do it? He's got 2 legs and a tongue in his mouth. Why isn't he standing on the touch line screaming at them to get forward instead of just sitting back and allowing them to do as they like. 

If as he says, the players are not doing what he is telling them and, seemingly, has no idea how to get them to follow his orders, it begs 2 questions. One, are these players, who on paper are of a pretty good standard, really not that capable . Two, if the players are as good as they are touted to be, then why is  manager with the record JM has unable to get them playing up to their capabilities?

What's that saying? Oh yes! 'A bad workman always blames his tools'. 

Just an alternative view. 

COYS 

21 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I find it hard to believe that 10 outfield players have decided to deliberately defy orders. If this is the case, why is JM allowing them to do it? He's got 2 legs and a tongue in his mouth. Why isn't he standing on the touch line screaming at them to get forward instead of just sitting back and allowing them to do as they like. 

If as he says, the players are not doing what he is telling them and, seemingly, has no idea how to get them to follow his orders, it begs 2 questions. One, are these players, who on paper are of a pretty good standard, really not that capable . Two, if the players are as good as they are touted to be, then why is  manager with the record JM has unable to get them playing up to their capabilities?

What's that saying? Oh yes! 'A bad workman always blames his tools'. 

Just an alternative view. 

COYS 

Exactly James!! You have identified the problem without even knowing it!!

Amongst this squad are players that are unable or unwilling to follow instructions. Jose was held responsible for their inability to press for 90 minutes. In fact he and I took much stick for the last few months until Harry Kane confirmed it was the players failing.

Jose Mourinio has only been in charge for 13 months of a disjointed period where the season is totally up and down. Having overseen our best Summer Transfer Window for decades and resolved many issues within the club including deadwood removal and contract renewal He has done very well to stabilise the club after 6 months of meltdown under our previous Manager.

Klopp took a couple of years sorting out the behind the scenes problems  at Liverpool and assembling the squad he wanted. I think Van Dyke almost completed his task and only then did success follow. It's frustrating I know for some fans to understand that it will take 2 or 3 years to put everything into place. Another couple of good transfer window will do the job.

So it's not a case of blaming his tools but not yet having the right tools.Lol