Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

Spurs v Wycombe FA Cup 4th round

5 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

There can be no criticism for JM this game.

He got every thing right from the team he started with giving players a chance, the subs showing he is fully committed to winning this cup to controlling the game from the dug out by shouting at the players from the dug out. 

Wycombe played very well tonight and should be congratulated. We did well playing with resolution, never panicked and won easily in the end. The attitude of the lads was top notch. 

COYS 

Yes some other of our older squads might have dropped their heads at least they kept going it was a physical game but the quality ran out in the end...coys...triple still on...sod it quadruple 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Hes in a band! Watch you tube of Wycombe v Southend play off final few srasons ago. Him and Phil Brown Southend manager together thru the pen shoot out. Quality bloke

Mourinho needs to up his game and come out dressed as a punk against Liverpool, Spurs pin through his nose and a mohican, freak out klopp....:5:

2 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yes some other of our older squads might have dropped their heads at least they kept going it was a physical game but the quality ran out in the end...coys...triple still on...sod it quadruple 

Quintuple - what about the charity shield ?????

5 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Quintuple - what about the charity shield ?????

and I forgot the Audi and the peace Cup ,Itt...thingy cup...

did Levy build a new trophy room or is it still in the history vault in the spurs shop, dust in that room could fill a duvet:two:

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Bale is getting better a the game goes on. I really think he just needs playing time

Down the bottom of my heart I love the welsh wizard, Crom. But I think he lost it and after matches like that his confidence must be at a low. He should have started against the Marines, cause the opponents wont get weaker. And after his performance today I doubt Mou will give him more chances! 

There's a story on the internet that Harry Redknapp has received a bill for £17,000 from Spurs. He rang to see what it was for. He was told it was for electricity. Apparently he called into the trophy room in 2008 and forgot to put the lights out when he left.

My ex mate sent me that......

11 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Bale is getting better a the game goes on. I really think he just needs playing time

I think you are right. I was prejudiced against him before he arrived. I believe he is our highest paid player £220,000 a week. Shirt sales,performing rights may be worth that but he isn't. I also always thought he would score a few pretty goals and may be the odd match winner that would justify this retrograde signing.

He may score the Winner in the Carabao Cup Final and we will all love him but I  think we should have given a youngster (academy or purchased) an opportunity.

That said he missed a few tonight unluckily so he should play again while he's feeding at the trough!! Still getting the other £3/400,000 wages paid by Real Madrid. No wonder he's still got a smile on his face!!!! Lol

34 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I think you are right. I was prejudiced against him before he arrived. I believe he is our highest paid player £220,000 a week. Shirt sales,performing rights may be worth that but he isn't. I also always thought he would score a few pretty goals and may be the odd match winner that would justify this retrograde signing.

He may score the Winner in the Carabao Cup Final and we will all love him but I  think we should have given a youngster (academy or purchased) an opportunity.

That said he missed a few tonight unluckily so he should play again while he's feeding at the trough!! Still getting the other £3/400,000 wages paid by Real Madrid. No wonder he's still got a smile on his face!!!! Lol

My god you've just reminded me how much he is getting paid are we paying half his wages oh my god that's ridiculous for and sit on the bench jose should be using him every f****** minute he can at least for the last 30 minutes .

If they want to pay me 30 grand a year I'll come and sit on the bench in fact I'd actually be the bench in the players can sit on me matron

I know some people might think I'm drowning on and a bit boring about Winx and I congratulate him for scoring his first ever FA Cup goal trying not to laugh here ndembele scored more in one game than he has and his whole career in the FA Cup:7:

I know why jose plays him now is so we can do the press conference afterwards come on to be fair hes the only one that can speak without a sounding like a 10year old...going ummmm obviously ummmmm

You can't make this out my life could you so I'm looking out my kitchen window seeing all the dodgy people parking up breaking covid rules and the neighbours opposite the back of the house points right our kitchen window they have a fat airy son likes to play computer games with his top off which is bad enough looking out the window but seriously this morning I was looking out there and the mum's walked past the window totally naked. Now you know me I'm not easily offended but she doesn't look anything like mrs or Holly Willoughbooby, or even Lorraine Kelly secret crush off ITV she looks more like Nora Batty without the sexy stockings. My eyes are now scarred for life I can't look out my kitchen window anymore can I Sue this woman.

I would have posted this in the pub but there's not enough of is in there please tell me your opinion if you're a swinger or naturist you will be able to guide me:16:

8 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

I know some people might think I'm drowning on and a bit boring about Winx and I congratulate him for scoring his first ever FA Cup goal trying not to laugh here ndembele scored more in one game than he has and his whole career in the FA Cup:7:

I know why jose plays him now is so we can do the press conference afterwards come on to be fair hes the only one that can speak without a sounding like a 10year old...going ummmm obviously ummmmm

Ndombele cost £54 Million. £200,000 a week wage. Had an attitude problem for first 6 months (still paid)

Winks. At Spurs since age 6. Cost nothing. £50,000 a week wage. Modern aspiring footballer. England player. Occasional MOTM player for Spurs. 

Ndombele may be the star but Winks is the up and coming apprentice if not in quality but in professionalism.

29 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Ndombele cost £54 Million. £200,000 a week wage. Had an attitude problem for first 6 months (still paid)

Winks. At Spurs since age 6. Cost nothing. £50,000 a week wage. Modern aspiring footballer. England player. Occasional MOTM player for Spurs. 

Ndombele may be the star but Winks is the up and coming apprentice if not in quality but in professionalism.

this is just friendly banter, I do like Winx and I know he's one of our own and I appreciate his effort to appoint  but that doesn't make up for a lack of Talent he needs to go to the championship or somewhere  are the gain some more experience of how to tackle and how to setup across and how to get forward an attack he is improving but very slowly if you look at the up opta stats to how many times winks has an accurate pass or tackle I don't think it will compare with any of our decent midfielders

34 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

this is just friendly banter, I do like Winx and I know he's one of our own and I appreciate his effort to appoint  but that doesn't make up for a lack of Talent he needs to go to the championship or somewhere  are the gain some more experience of how to tackle and how to setup across and how to get forward an attack he is improving but very slowly if you look at the up opta stats to how many times winks has an accurate pass or tackle I don't think it will compare with any of our decent midfielders

I agree with the banter. I often forget to add the "Lol" to my postings and then find that most posters on this forum are not clever enough to appreciate my sense of humour. Lol. Lol.

33 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I agree with the banter. I often forget to add the "Lol" to my postings and then find that most posters on this forum are not clever enough to appreciate my sense of humour. Lol. Lol.

How about "not tuned into the same wavelength" instead ? :16: sounds so much nicer. :two:

14 minutes ago, Borodin said:

How about "not tuned into the same wavelength" instead ? :16: sounds so much nicer. :two:

An excellent reply.

Too often some of the replies are too direct and come over as implying a 'Dig'. I often think of them that way when I read the the posts exchanged between others on here and I wouldn't like it if said to me.

COYS

41 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

An excellent reply.

Too often some of the replies are too direct and come over as implying a 'Dig'. I often think of them that way when I read the the posts exchanged between others on here and I wouldn't like it if said to me.

COYS

I think also with banter,some of its Lost in Translation our British sarcastic sense of humour is sometimes misunderstood. Then again when I'm having laughing banter with my missus and I say to her I'm unemployed but you're still spanking all my money up the wall on clothes and stuff that you the kids don't need she takes it the wrong way.....cough.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Yeah you're right I've said that before wavelengths much better but I mentioned a.m. and MW once but I think James can sometimes be on LW.... but you remember when FM first kicked in I think I was still a boy then... but Ava May still as an old vinyl DJ I still prefer analogue to digital.:7:

5 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yeah you're right I've said that before wavelengths much better but I mentioned a.m. and MW once but I think James can sometimes be on LW.... but you remember when FM first kicked in I think I was still a boy then... but Ava May still as an old vinyl DJ I still prefer analogue to digital.:7:

Personally speaking I'm a 'DAB' hand at tuning in to wavelengths :7:

Speaking about Bale I have to say last night was his best game thus far.  He was attempting and succeeding with taking players on, getting on the ball more, and for the first time seemed to be pushing himself a bit more physically.  Until last night he always looked like he had fear or apprehension to get to even 50% pace but I felt he pushed that fear back and was far more committed in that regard.  There were mistakes and missed chances but as some here have pointed out he really does need to have a run of games to get back the sharpness.  And let’s not underestimate just how important that late 1st half goal was to our success.  Probably the most important goal of the 4 we scored.  And it was a very well taken goal and a difficult finish which if you play the game you would know.  It was not a mere tap in because of the direction the ball came from.  If he continues to push himself and gets rewarded I can see him gradually getting back to his best for us.  It won’t be  as it was before he left but I do believe he can provide us with some real moments of quality and help us reach what we all desire which is a trophy.  He isn’t back yet but last night suggested to me he wants to be and is on his way.

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

You and James do realise I intentionally used the words "not clever enough" hence the double Lol. ......Lol.

9 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Youve got a sense of humour? Of course we are Spurs