Quality Versus trash AKA Spurs V Liverpool

Revenge or despair   

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Salah or So long

• Win and dance on Klopps grave
    • Lose and dance on Joses grave
    • Draw and be happy dancing in the front room on nobodies grave

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/21 at 08:20 PM

Only holberg had balls tonight I just wish the other players would learn we've got to toughen up.

we should have taken advantage of Sony's play in the first half and just gone at them play a higher line disappointing the injuries are going to hold us back now not looking forward to the next games.  . Still got to be realistic  just hope we get some sort of silverware and getting are the top 4 would be a miracle it's so tight

Just now, Audere Est Facere said:

I hate football now. No revenge nothing theyll shake hands and be best buddies when its all over.  Graham Roberts Richard Gough ...... Mane wouldnt be walking off if hed played against them but this lot will wank him off later

And i like Mane. Hes too good :-)

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The sooner we clone ten Hojbjergs the better (Yep I'd even have one of him in goal as well)..... oh better make that 12 so we have some decent subs too.

He should 100% be the captain I think. The ideal position on the pitch for a skipper. Perhaps disrespectful to Lloris whilst he’s still first choice.

How can you play Rodon instead of Anderw? How can you use Bale just for 10mins when it is obvious nothing works? 

Guys, we won't finish top 6 this season, we need a manager with modern ideas and modern football, Mourinho is simply an idiot. 

11 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

He should 100% be the captain I think. The ideal position on the pitch for a skipper. Perhaps disrespectful to Lloris whilst he’s still first choice.

Your Captain is no good stuck between the sticks yards away from the action, shouting instructions at you like an inane Inspector Clouseau. Hojbjerg would make a superb Skipper and give some of these the kick up the arse they need.

2 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Hasnt let us down when hes played and never has. Imean hes had poor games but always gave it all

Gotta say that's bollocks, although he can't be blamed for tonight's debacle.  If he is no longer good enough to get picked ahead of some of the dross out there tonight, then he has let us down big time.

1 minute ago, Cromulentmart said:

Gotta say that's bollocks, although he can't be blamed for tonight's debacle.  If he is no longer good enough to get picked ahead of some of the dross out there tonight, then he has let us down big time.

Or joses a stupid cock leaving him out while we play dross in somany games!!

I just wish I could say :

"Well we have a group of players who are utterly exhausted, having given their all in an attempt to beat Liverpool tonight. Unfortunately their best just wasn't good enough and they lost but were able to walk off the pitch with their heads held high, knowing there was no more they could have done."

At least then I could face other supporters and their inevitable insults and jibes. I'm embarassed, frustrated and totally baffled by our attitude, tactics and especially the team substitutions. I mean Lamela for Kane ... really ?? and putting Bale on with minutes left and you're 1-3 down, utter madness.

Regardless of who you blame it was stupid and avoidable defensive errors that led to all of their goals and the immaturity of Rodon was there for all to see with the third one. Top four seems miles away now no matter what the table tells us.

We have a chance to win a Cup Final but it becomes slimmer and slimmer as City stoke up the boiler and we look a spent force.

I really don't think we can blame just the manager or just the players but the combination of both is certainly not achieving the desired performances. It's a mess and needs sorting which will prove an extremely costly exercise. Once again we chalk up another season of "if only" but alarm bells will be ringing regarding holding on to our few 'star' players. It's easy to imagine the Kane and Son attacking combination being a massive target for one of the big European clubs and there is little here to hold them.

Gutted.....

I've kept away from the forum for a day or two disappointed with comments made.........BUT you can't keep a good man down so to the part time posters who only post at game time...most of you have absolutely no idea of football other than criticising the Manager, criticising the players, criticising individual players and screaming for your individual players who are then critiqued by the other part time posters.

To you I say Gather Up Your Skirts, Stop Crying and Recover in the Powder Room.....

Spurs were on top for the first 2 minutes. Other than that Liverpool players were 20 per cent more determined and skilful. Facts, Realistic comment. Ndombele was the only Spurs player who worked as hard as Liverpool players. It's in the Spurs DNA, it always has been and this squad is still infected with it.

We could get a Top 4 place...but only if our competitors continue to have such disappointing results.

The Manager may be responsible for some mistakes but not as bad and consistently as the players. Posters moaning about Mourinio ain't going to improve this squad. 

19 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I’m starting to feel that Jose has lost this group.

Burnley, Newcastle, United and  Southampton kept clean sheets against this lot and WBA got a 1-1 draw at Anfield.

nothing else to say 

Jose never had it IMO! I go back to what I say, it was never the Poch! It was Enics and Levy who let him down with their transfer restrictions that cost us the CL finals and the title.

Poch got the best out of the lads, but needed to strengthen the positions that need more quality. That didn’t happen and so the horror show began.

Mourinho is uncreative and has no ideas when it comes to modern football. To me Jose is like a monkey who puts his hand trough a hole to grab a banana. But how hard he tries he can not get the banana out with his closed hand. His years are over. He lost it

And... he probably didn’t read my letter that I gave him, when the team was in Linz and that is something I take very personally. So, close the chapter and fuck him! :11:

2 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

The Manager may be responsible for some mistakes but not as bad and consistently as the players. Posters moaning about Mourinio ain't going to improve this squad. 

Nailed it, no good just pointing the finger at the manager, a football team is a collective unit with everyone needing to think they have given their all when the final whistle goes. Many tonight should walk off that pitch unable to look in a mirror.

Jose picks the squad and the tactics so have a go if you disagree with his selections/substitutions (as I do) but don't point the finger at him if they play with no heart, desire, passion or fight. He can't just plant that inside them, they have to have that hunger to battle back or hold onto a slender lead. I watched Leicester absolutely batter Everton last night in search for an equaliser/winner. Their approach to the second half was positive and committed. They deserved all three points for their efforts in my opinion. Now I don't believe if Brendan Rodgers had delivered the same half time talk to our lot tonight we would have seen a different performance. We have too many hangers on with no desire to carry the flag into enemy territory.

In my (humble) opinion i look at  Lamela, Doherty, Davies, Dier, Bergwijn and Rodon and think "Would I really want this lot watching my back in the heat of battle ?". Take a look at Kane, Son, Ndomebele and Hojbjerg for examples of what I class as battlers and true professionals.

There is much work to be done if we are ever to be a Premier footballing force again, but it won't happen just by changing the nameplate on the manager's office every two years. Time to sort out the wheat from the chaff.