Quality Versus trash AKA Spurs V Liverpool

Revenge or despair   

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Salah or So long

• Win and dance on Klopps grave
    • Lose and dance on Joses grave
    • Draw and be happy dancing in the front room on nobodies grave

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/21 at 08:20 PM

14 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Jose never had it IMO! I go back to what I say, it was never the Poch! It was Enics and Levy who let him down with their transfer restrictions that cost us the CL finals and the title.

Poch got the best out of the lads, but needed to strengthen the positions that need more quality. That didn’t happen and so the horror show began.

Mourinho is uncreative and has no ideas when it comes to modern football. To me Jose is like a monkey who puts his hand trough a hole to grab a banana. But how hard he tries he can not get the banana out with his closed hand. His years are over. He lost it

And... he probably didn’t read my letter that I gave him, when the team was in Linz and that is something I take very personally. So, close the chapter and fuck him! :11:

With respect I must disagree, to just blame Jose is the easy option and infers there's another manager out there who could work his magic, sort out all the problems and lead us to the promised land. Now if you believe that then please tell me who you think he is because we have needed somebody to get us 'over the line' and win something for quite a few years.

There has to be more to it than that surely.

He is correct to a point. But I have to agree with Tim Sherwood when he said that Jose made some very peculiar decisions today.  Many of those decisions have been questioned by us Armchair warrior Spurs faithful. Aurier and an inexperienced Rodin to cover Mané.  Doherty on the left wingback??  Bring on Winks and Lamela when Bale, Moura and Vinicius are available.  Bring Bale on with 10 left down 3-1 and struggling to create because Lamela and Winks are ineffective and saying to him go and win us the game Gareth.  No Sissoko a big strong surging defensive CM? Bergwijn starts again and plays 80 minutes but is again so ineffective.  Dier another key mistake (along with Lloris) that breaks our back in the last minute of 1st half extra time?  Yet I’m guessing he will start next game because he is a favourite. JM is picking the players making the mistakes is he not?  JM puts them on the pitch does he not?  JM trains them does he not?  JM prepares and motivates them does he not?  Well I saw very little motivation tonight.  That is the Managers job and while I absolutely hold the players as accountable as the Manager,  it starts and ends with the Manager. 80% of the Premiership teams would swap their players for ours if not more so what is the problem if not the Manager?

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

With respect I must disagree, to just blame Jose is the easy option and infers there's another manager out there who could work his magic, sort out all the problems and lead us to the promised land. Now if you believe that then please tell me who you think he is because we have needed somebody to get us 'over the line' and win something for quite a few years.

There has to be more to it than that surely.

You answerd your question by your own. Rodgers would have been a better manager!

The manager is responsible for the player selection. I was surprised seeing Joe in the back three, but the lad deserved it, cause at least he gives a toss and came as an alternative for a 60 million rated Skriniar and used to play for a weaker tier. So its harsh when members blame him for his immaturity and mistake. Nevertheless, he played on the wrong side, so as Dorothy who played left. Wtf? Not to mention how bang average Dorothy is and who must also be blamed for the third goal.

That Winks and Lammy came on was also in Joses responsibility. Carlos as a natural striker would have made more sense in replacing Harry, instead to make Sonny the only support player!

And why was Serge taken off is a mystery, cause he seemed to work well with Rodon (better than Dorothy) and had defensivly a decent game. Lammy would have made sense as ACM and that brings me to the next point...

The manager is also responsible for the tactics and formation. Liverpool has more quality in the squad and for all matches Mourinho played an unnecessary 4231 when we were the superior team against smaller clubs, today he played a 343 when a classic 4231 was needed against a offensive stronger Liverpool who played in a  433. These are football basics and Jose isn’t new in that business. 

In these kind of „chess board“ games, you must profit from the mistakes of the opposition. We did that in the early minutes, but „cumputer said NO!“. Nevertheless we were never under control. In the first half Liverpool had more ball possession  and the only reason why that changed in second half was, Liverpool played counter attacks and profit from our nervousness and panicking. 

I guess the lads never got any real tactical advices from Mourinho than long balls. This is how it seems. Long balls to Sonny. Instead they should have better grown strong balls, cause every attack was intercepted. No creativity, no ideas from the midfield and as strong Emilio is, he is not a good passer. That makes Tanguy to Liverpools main target who prevent him from playing. Tanguy was fighting but nothing came from him, he just hold the ball. And with Harry leaving us injured there was no creativity on the pitch. Actually not on our side!

Thats why Lamela would have made sense but only in a solid 4231 as ACM behind a Striker (Carlos). Or Winks as RCM while Tanguy plays further up. To bring both, Lamela and Winks after halftime has only weakened our defence taking Serge off and finally killed us. 

Beside Dorothys useless attempts I think I don’t need to mention Winks poor defensive contribution, thats why Sissoko would have been the better choice IMO. 

Bergwijn is also sub material and should be brought for Sonny in second half to bring pace to the pitch when the opposition gets tired and Sonny doesn’t bring it. Playing him on the right is useless. So as Lucas is, thats why Bale was brought, cause Jose loves inverted wingers, but Bale is also a waste of money and Lammy too lame as a winger. Nevertheless I rather see Bale playing, at least in the hope he will explode, cause we all know what he is capable of! On the other side he looks like he is bored to death and just gives  a fu**. He is 32 and I doubt he will have an impact, in fact he has never got a positive impact on the team.

The players are getting older. Beside Toby its Lloris who needs to get replaced.

All in all, yes I think its in the responsibility of the manager to get the right players, look after them to stay Corona free, make the best selection on players, pick the right tactics and formation, be a role model, motivate them, have a plan and all above having me as head scout!

We would win the next 5 seasons in a row. Minimum! ;)

Anyway, it could be worse. Imagine we were suffering from a pandemic. So, keep your heads up and trousers down!

COYS

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Nailed it, no good just pointing the finger at the manager, a football team is a collective unit with everyone needing to think they have given their all when the final whistle goes. Many tonight should walk off that pitch unable to look in a mirror.

Jose picks the squad and the tactics so have a go if you disagree with his selections/substitutions (as I do) but don't point the finger at him if they play with no heart, desire, passion or fight. He can't just plant that inside them, they have to have that hunger to battle back or hold onto a slender lead. I watched Leicester absolutely batter Everton last night in search for an equaliser/winner. Their approach to the second half was positive and committed. They deserved all three points for their efforts in my opinion. Now I don't believe if Brendan Rodgers had delivered the same half time talk to our lot tonight we would have seen a different performance. We have too many hangers on with no desire to carry the flag into enemy territory.

In my (humble) opinion i look at  Lamela, Doherty, Davies, Dier, Bergwijn and Rodon and think "Would I really want this lot watching my back in the heat of battle ?". Take a look at Kane, Son, Ndomebele and Hojbjerg for examples of what I class as battlers and true professionals.

There is much work to be done if we are ever to be a Premier footballing force again, but it won't happen just by changing the nameplate on the manager's office every two years. Time to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

I don't think we were terrible. If I watched the game again I am sure I would see we could have scored 3 or 4 goals, but we didn't and Liverpool were so much better than us. Their fight and desire to get the ball back was so noticeable.

This same team could easily play the next game and thrash Brighton and posters on this forum would be singing their praises. Bale came on and done nothing, Winks the goalscorer and previous MOTM came on and done nothing. Supporters have to learn that sometimes you are just outplayed and have to accept it. We weren't unlucky we were second best with Hugo responsible for two goals.

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

Post match conference :

Your comments please .......

A good interview. Balanced views even on Roden who was highly praised but whose mistake was mentioned.

The 10 of us who voted on this forum before the game (7 For a Win...3 For a Draw) should have been interviewed in depth to see what went wrong Lol. Not 1 person voted for a loss which tells you a lot about the Mindset of supporters.

Always amazes me....The team selected looks brilliant and the strongest possible on paper and pre game. Start losing to a better organised or luckier team and the clamour for changes and criticism starts. I have never rated Lamela and I don't think he has ever had a major affect on a game as a substitute (his normal position) but acknowledge  he does bring a wild dog sort of enthusiasm to the team which it often needs.

You want to....but you can't win them all. If you are a Top 6 Team, you'll be in the Top 6 unless you are lucky enough to sneak a Top 4. At the moment we don't have the squad that Jose would want. It will take time to mould his squad but even then History will remind us we are unlikely to be Premiership Winners and multi Cup winners.

Being a Realist I understand in the Premiership in every game, all results are possible (Utd losing to Sheff Utd..who predicted that??). Supporters will have less Angst when they understand this.

I had a thought but why doesn't Kane work on his ankle strength and it should be wearing protective padding around his ankles I've got a pair of shin pads that I use that don't just protect the ankles they protect the Achilles and everything. Am I legally wear them because I go in extremely hard and I might actually catch my own leg on someone:7: i said when he came on in the cup she should not have been on he was getting kicked on the ankles then.

5 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

A good interview. Balanced views even on Roden who was highly praised but whose mistake was mentioned.

The 10 of us who voted on this forum before the game (7 For a Win...3 For a Draw) should have been interviewed in depth to see what went wrong Lol. Not 1 person voted for a loss which tells you a lot about the Mindset of supporters.

Always amazes me....The team selected looks brilliant and the strongest possible on paper and pre game. Start losing to a better organised or luckier team and the clamour for changes and criticism starts. I have never rated Lamela and I don't think he has ever had a major affect on a game as a substitute (his normal position) but acknowledge  he does bring a wild dog sort of enthusiasm to the team which it often needs.

You want to....but you can't win them all. If you are a Top 6 Team, you'll be in the Top 6 unless you are lucky enough to sneak a Top 4. At the moment we don't have the squad that Jose would want. It will take time to mould his squad but even then History will remind us we are unlikely to be Premiership Winners and multi Cup winners.

Being a Realist I understand in the Premiership in every game, all results are possible (Utd losing to Sheff Utd..who predicted that??). Supporters will have less Angst when they understand this.

Sometimes hard to blame jose because the players let us down,  mistake shouldn't happen, they are human but when you do more than one in a row you've got to take a look at yourself. Roden still learning I'm going to forgive him he should learn from it but dire as we know of old can be a headless chicken and he reverted back to that plan, but it is Jose's job especially at halftime told them to mark space and Mark Your Man. Dial might be a bit rusty but for one of the goals he was pointing to the spare player while he was doing that he could have just changed his Direction slightly and got there and made the tackle himself which is what all the veld and vertonghen would have done.

As a bulldog midfielder and Defender I will never forgive defenders for doing that your shirking responsibility if a player needs dealing with deal with it get to them get to the ball and smash it away as hard as you can.simples.

And they're not bringing on players like Vinicious leaving the substitute late again just showed that I'm afraid jose needs to wake up again you going to change a game try and do it at least  on a 60th minute give them time to make a difference

I know we all crave to win a cup, but it doesn't bring in much money. If we are not in the CL next season, financially it will be a disaster. 

Getting 4th is beginning to look beyond us as it is not in our hands. Winning the EC should now become our No 1 target. Coming 6th or 7th with having won the league Cup will amount to a failed season in my opinion. 

Some on here who are backing JM say he is building a squad that will become a regular top 4 team that will eventually win a top trophy. He reversed the slump and, at the beginning of the season, actually got the team playing as if they looked to be moving in the right direction. However only getting 7 points in the last 7 EPL games, no matter which way you look at it, says he is not moving the team forward. 

Something has got to change and change immediately otherwise by the end of the season after a season and a half we are no better than when JM took over.

What do you do then. He was allowed to bring in players to add to a squad with Harry and Sonny in, but has not eradicated defensive errors. He has added attacking 

The pressure seems to be getting to the players or JM is not getting the best out of them. 

COYS 

I think Dyche/Wilder/Smith could get more out of  this lot than Jose will , im not saying theyre better than jose just that their approach will be better for where we are now.

Its all unravelled  CL finallists with fantastic never say die attitude in the CL group stage and V City and of course Ajax to this pathetic rabble, yet mainly same players , different manager and of course COvid situation i have to allow for that (Of course Eriksens gone and Dele forgotten ) the imports are plus points yet we still not doing it yet Dele still sits and is saved for what?  the sunshine?  when its too late so Jose can blame him for us not winning that crunch 35th league match 

20 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Have you seen the photos of the keeper collecting the ball outside the penalty area.  That should have been a red card and VAR didn't even look at it

look back thru the match posts, i mentioned it in the match, as did Craig  . But again our players accept it, im not suggesting throw a strop on the pitch but

a) Son was there and he then should have gone in on keeper as he collected ball, that would have got a yellow, it would also have stopped the game and VAR would have them looked 

b) as Son knew it was handball he gesticulated then gave up about it, sorry but City, Man U , Liverpool player would have been to linesman, ref, 4th official getting bench involved, instead we just be the nice guys and play on  

We are losers 

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

I love your lamellar wild dog and analogy mate.

That's the thing that matters clever even though he's had loads of Injuries when he does come on he looks like he's given 110% getting stuck in. But as you said he hasn't really made that much difference contributed a few goals and a few good passes every now and then he's really just a squad player and we haven't got the luxury of buying better players than him to sit on the bench unfortunately.   One day hopefully we will be at that level when we can sell players like him bringing players at sons and Kane's level as like-for-like replacements for everyone.

Tyberg I do see that type of player who wears his heart on his sleeve and get stuck in in surely he must influence the players now to realise they've got to fight if you want to win anything you've got to be a fighter and a winner. I felt sorry for Rodon last night he was dropped in the deep end really he hasn't had the time to work out a partnership in defence but I think he's got that Welsh script which will push him to improve and learn from his errors and become a great centre-back. I know tyre has improved but he's not centre-back through and through I'm afraid and midfielder will make the mistakes in defence that he does as I said if you compare Dier to Aderwield or previously vertonghen or players like Ledley King they cover space,  workout player threat and will do everything in their spirit to stop a player taking a shot.

I think my next job should be assistant coach to Mourinho because sitting for my ass on a sofa watching the videos and playbacks I'm an expert:7:

I've just seen  about the goalkeeping nightmare, I did feel we will never going to get any decisions last night and we were unlucky with the sun go but at the end of the day how many shots did we actually have on target we can't blame luck we just didn't play well enough

Serg was told str away at half time he was getting subbed ,,all the player’s kicked off at one another ,,,serg left the stadium.

i think reggie was a massive loss for us last night 

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Serg was told str away at half time he was getting subbed ,,all the player’s kicked off at one another ,,,serg left the stadium.

i think reggie was a massive loss for us last night 

says it all, should have targetted the skank players not each other, tossers,  its not a happy camp 

I thought Thiago was given the job to stop Kane and Ndombele,,,,with his naughty little tackles ,,,he was lucky not to be sent off in the 1st half .

serg falling asleep for the mane run ,,was his downfall,,,which changed the shape of the side 

20 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I thought Thiago was given the job to stop Kane and Ndombele,,,,with his naughty little tackles ,,,he was lucky not to be sent off in the 1st half .

serg falling asleep for the mane run ,,was his downfall,,,which changed the shape of the side 

i cheered when Thiago went down with head injury shame he got up again but this so called head protocol doesnt seem to be working as theyre just sent out to play again 

Seems that joses non favourite players take the rap for a lot whilst his lover boys get away with everything 

3 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Are you serious that you felt that the team selected looked brilliant and strong on paper?

You believe that was our strongest 11 and best tactical formation to beat Liverpool?  That Winks was going to come on and change the game?  Or Lamela?  Do either even have a goal or assist or key pass in the Premiership in 25 games?

6 hours ago, Asc3 said:

Bale came on and done nothing

He came onto the pitch in the 81st minute when the team was losing 1-3. What exactly do you expect of the guy ? I would have rather seen him come on at half time and have a full 45 minutes against top opposition to show us just at what standard he is right now.

Winks allegedly only came on because of a bust up Hugo had with Aurier at half time and Lamela is not regarded as a replacement striker. What concerns me also is the obvious change in Son when Harry is not on the pitch. He was invisible second half and with his strike partner now injured for some weeks we need him to perform like we know he can.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter how good the team looks on paper, if they go on that pitch with the wrong mindset then the slightest set back and they fold. Apart from Hojbjerg and Ndombele I'd struggle to name one player that 'rolled up his sleeves' and tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Do we blame Jose for that, an inability to motivate ? maybe so but there must remain an element of responsibility within the consciences of the players.

With Harry gone surely we have to give more time to Bale and Vinicious. Bergwijn looks toothless, Moura runs about a lot but there is little to show for it and Lamela is, well he's Lamela so expect an injury any time soon.

Not so long ago we were daring to believe in the prospect of unleashing Kane, Son and Bale onto the pitch like bloodthirsty wolves hungry for goals and glory. The reality was quite different.  Liverpool were hurting last night and that early Son goal may well have brought about a different result. The perfect illustration was after Hojbjerg scored, they were away from home but they didn't do a Spurs and try and hold on to that slender lead for 40 minutes. They pushed forward and were rewarded with a winner after 65 minutes. Game over.

There's a spark missing and you can almost 'touch' it at times when watching Spurs play. Shoulders drop, passes go astray and players with the ball look behind them instead of ahead for the next move. They stop playing as a unit and become a team of crestfallen individuals who would rather take the safe option with passes rather than press and attack. That then results in unforced errors and 'unlucky' goals.

I have no idea what the catalyst is to bring about the change, new manager, new players or maybe a bit of both. I was sceptical at Jose's appointment then I warmed to the guy but I must admit I am struggling to understand the negativity and defensive stance adopted when we look so much better attacking.

We may achieve cup success against City and Mourinho will live off that for another season, the man who brought a trophy back to White Hart Lane. Is that enough to sate the hungry supporters ? I doubt it. I can see next season being another one of mid table turmoil ending in Daniel and Jose reaching a mutually agreeable decision. Back to square one and another potential title winning squad is squandered.  :12:

Well Brighton next ,,this will open our eyes a bit more ,,,it will be a different formation,,,will jm start vinnie or revert back to Lucas and maybe to door has now opened for dele to strut his stuff .

I get the impression,,,it’s gonna be a very different side,,,no Kane,,reggie,,,I think dier is injured,,,Davies is carrying a knock,,,,serg lost his rag ,,,,time to earn the £12 million a year jm gets ,,,what we know is rodon will start 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

He came onto the pitch in the 81st minute when the team was losing 1-3. What exactly do you expect of the guy ? I would have rather seen him come on at half time and have a full 45 minutes against top opposition to show us just at what standard he is right now.

Winks allegedly only came on because of a bust up Hugo had with Aurier at half time and Lamela is not regarded as a replacement striker. What concerns me also is the obvious change in Son when Harry is not on the pitch. He was invisible second half and with his strike partner now injured for some weeks we need him to perform like we know he can.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter how good the team looks on paper, if they go on that pitch with the wrong mindset then the slightest set back and they fold. Apart from Hojbjerg and Ndombele I'd struggle to name one player that 'rolled up his sleeves' and tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Do we blame Jose for that, an inability to motivate ? maybe so but there must remain an element of responsibility within the consciences of the players.

With Harry gone surely we have to give more time to Bale and Vinicious. Bergwijn looks toothless, Moura runs about a lot but there is little to show for it and Lamela is, well he's Lamela so expect an injury any time soon.

Not so long ago we were daring to believe in the prospect of unleashing Kane, Son and Bale onto the pitch like bloodthirsty wolves hungry for goals and glory. The reality was quite different.  Liverpool were hurting last night and that early Son goal may well have brought about a different result. The perfect illustration was after Hojbjerg scored, they were away from home but they didn't do a Spurs and try and hold on to that slender lead for 40 minutes. They pushed forward and were rewarded with a winner after 65 minutes. Game over.

There's a spark missing and you can almost 'touch' it at times when watching Spurs play. Shoulders drop, passes go astray and players with the ball look behind them instead of ahead for the next move. They stop playing as a unit and become a team of crestfallen individuals who would rather take the safe option with passes rather than press and attack. That then results in unforced errors and 'unlucky' goals.

I have no idea what the catalyst is to bring about the change, new manager, new players or maybe a bit of both. I was sceptical at Jose's appointment then I warmed to the guy but I must admit I am struggling to understand the negativity and defensive stance adopted when we look so much better attacking.

We may achieve cup success against City and Mourinho will live off that for another season, the man who brought a trophy back to White Hart Lane. Is that enough to sate the hungry supporters ? I doubt it. I can see next season being another one of mid table turmoil ending in Daniel and Jose reaching a mutually agreeable decision. Back to square one and another potential title winning squad is squandered.  :12:

The early Son goal may have brought about a different result.

i never envisaged unleashing Bale on anyone...he is proving he is yesterday's man.

Shoulders drop, passes go astray etc etc......that's the spursy Spurs we know and love.

I doubt we can achieve Cup success against Man City....but anything is possible.

Hugo's lack of bravery caused first goal and push out to Arnold resulted in 2nd.

Son was invisible 2nd half without his strike partner. How is that Jose's fault.

So if next year is a potential title winning squad being squandered....you must expect the current squad to increase greatly to be in that position.

James was saving me a seat on his fence... I will ask him to clean it for you.

Once again there are a number of posters from the forum criticising Jose who do not specifically highlights other than a dislike

of certain players. 

10 posters voted pre game...7 for a Win and 3 for a Draw. That is fact. Not one would have the foresight to record a Liverpool Win.

Spurs are a Top 6 team. Blaming Jose when Son's goal is correctly chalked off for offside is fact. Whether Allison was in or out of his penalty area and hand balled is conjecture because it wasn't  given??

i previously have questioned the football knowledge of Posters on this Forum. Perhaps in future I just need to say..." 10 Voted and not one voted that Liverpool would Win" Nuff said.

except Lol".....Leave Jose alone he is in the early stages of a major squad rebuild. Lol