Quality Versus trash AKA Spurs V Liverpool

Revenge or despair   

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Salah or So long

• Win and dance on Klopps grave
    • Lose and dance on Joses grave
    • Draw and be happy dancing in the front room on nobodies grave

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/21 at 08:20 PM

Carabao means nothing,   sure the final day if we win will be enjoyable but its 3 matches , one on pens, 2 V Championship sides  then one off final V City where anything can happen.

38 games in league , plus Europe is what counts. FA Cup , I have always loved that competition and still do and would like to win it but it wouldnt make up for  7th place finish and dull matches in the league  

6 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

The early Son goal may have brought about a different result.

i never envisaged unleashing Bale on anyone...he is proving he is yesterday's man.

Shoulders drop, passes go astray etc etc......that's the spursy Spurs we know and love.

I doubt we can achieve Cup success against Man City....but anything is possible.

Hugo's lack of bravery caused first goal and push out to Arnold resulted in 2nd.

Son was invisible 2nd half without his strike partner. How is that Jose's fault.

So if next year is a potential title winning squad being squandered....you must expect the current squad to increase greatly to be in that position.

James was saving me a seat on his fence... I will ask him to clean it for you.

Once again there are a number of posters from the forum criticising Jose who do not specifically highlights other than a dislike

of certain players. 

10 posters voted pre game...7 for a Win and 3 for a Draw. That is fact. Not one would have the foresight to record a Liverpool Win.

Spurs are a Top 6 team. Blaming Jose when Son's goal is correctly chalked off for offside is fact. Whether Allison was in or out of his penalty area and hand balled is conjecture because it wasn't  given??

i previously have questioned the football knowledge of Posters on this Forum. Perhaps in future I just need to say..." 10 Voted and not one voted that Liverpool would Win" Nuff said.

except Lol".....Leave Jose alone he is in the early stages of a major squad rebuild. Lol

you didnt vote for Liverpool to win either !!!  DOH !!! 

7 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

i never envisaged unleashing Bale on anyone...he is proving he is yesterday's man.

Shoulders drop, passes go astray etc etc......that's the spursy Spurs we know and love.

I doubt we can achieve Cup success against Man City....but anything is possible.

Hugo's lack of bravery caused first goal and push out to Arnold resulted in 2nd.

Son was invisible 2nd half without his strike partner. How is that Jose's fault.

So if next year is a potential title winning squad being squandered....you must expect the current squad to increase greatly to be in that position.

Once again there are a number of posters from the forum criticising Jose who do not specifically highlights other than a dislike

of certain players. 

10 posters voted pre game...7 for a Win and 3 for a Draw. That is fact. Not one would have the foresight to record a Liverpool Win.

Spurs are a Top 6 team. Blaming Jose when Son's goal is correctly chalked off for offside is fact. Whether Allison was in or out of his penalty area and hand balled is conjecture because it wasn't  given??

i previously have questioned the football knowledge of Posters on this Forum. Perhaps in future I just need to say..." 10 Voted and not one voted that Liverpool would Win" Nuff said.

except Lol".....Leave Jose alone he is in the early stages of a major squad rebuild. Lol

cos Jose didnt bring on a strike partner , he bought on Lamela and Winks .

I still think Son should have played better, others could have busted a gut to join him 

Half time bust up wouldnt have helped, Management should have dealt with that and sent them out in best frame of mind, to me it looked like they couldnt give a damn, i said as much in the match time thread , not saying thats Joses fault , its just Spurs 

13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

you didnt vote for Liverpool to win either !!!  DOH !!! 

Quite correct. The best I could hope for was a Draw. At least after the game I am able to recognise and acknowledge we were beaten by a better team rather than reciting the lame old excuse that it was Jose fault that all these bad things happened.

Im not sure if posters don't see the game, understand the game or it doesn't matter because like an opposition politician they can't be honest about what they know to be true...

im not trying to curry favour but I would not include you of not speaking your mind because you always do. 

I think it is fair to say that with the squad available to JM we should be one of the EPL clubs competing strongly for a top 4 place. Forget the defensive mistakes. Utd have made many and gone behind yet finished up winning.

With the likes of Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Dele and a Bale along with Harry and Sonny, we should be scaring the living daylights out of opponents and we should be scoring more. In 3 games we didn't score. In 8 games we got 1. In 3 games we  scored 2. In 3 games we scored 3. In 1 game we scored 5. In 1 game we scored 6.

Forget the 5 games when we scored 20, it's the 14 games when we only scored 14 times. To me, that suggests that far too often we are not using this fantastic attacking talent properly. I chose those words carefully. I am firmly of the view that the manager and coaches are the ones responsible for getting the tactics right and the players following them. There sometimes will be mistakes on the field as there is by every team - but that shouldn't regularly mean the team drops points - they should be overcome by scoring more.

The managers that manage the lower teams and do well get the praise rather than the players. Also the managers of those teams that fail get sacked rather than blame the players. Why is it that JM is not part of the  blame? 

The more often I see poor games the stronger my lack of faith in JM grows. I read all the excuses that are made on here by his supporters, but I just don't buy them - you can't keep blaming the players or bad decisions or bad luck. I have been quite flat since our latest debacle against the Scousers. For me, that is the straw that broke the camels back. 

My latest worry is that if Harry is out for some weeks that that will be taken as a plausible reason if we don't pick and start winning games. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think it is fair to say that with the squad available to JM we should be one of the EPL clubs competing strongly for a top 4 place. Forget the defensive mistakes. Utd have made many and gone behind yet finished up winning.

With the likes of Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Dele and a Bale along with Harry and Sonny, we should be scaring the living daylights out of opponents and we should be scoring more. In 3 games we didn't score. In 8 games we got 1. In 3 games we  scored 2. In 3 games we scored 3. In 1 game we scored 5. In 1 game we scored 6.

Forget the 5 games when we scored 20, it's the 14 games when we only scored 14 times. To me, that suggests that far too often we are not using this fantastic attacking talent properly. I chose those words carefully. I am firmly of the view that the manager and coaches are the ones responsible for getting the tactics right and the players following them. There sometimes will be mistakes on the field as there is by every team - but that shouldn't regularly mean the team drops points - they should be overcome by scoring more.

The managers that manage the lower teams and do well get the praise rather than the players. Also the managers of those teams that fail get sacked rather than blame the players. Why is it that JM is not part of the  blame? 

The more often I see poor games the stronger my lack of faith in JM grows. I read all the excuses that are made on here by his supporters, but I just don't buy them - you can't keep blaming the players or bad decisions or bad luck. I have been quite flat since our latest debacle against the Scousers. For me, that is the straw that broke the camels back. 

My latest worry is that if Harry is out for some weeks that that will be taken as a plausible reason if we don't pick and start winning games. 

COYS 

James, Hugo was responsible even if only partly for 2 goals against Liverpool.,Roden's mistake was responsible for Liverpools 3rd.

Aurier did concede a blatant stupid penalty against Leicester, Sissoko's lazy heading allowed Vardy to score off Dochertys thigh.

These are just 2 games examples of Spurs players at fault for 5 Goals in 2 Games Costing 6 Points. ( Top of the Table??) There are others whose mistakes we accept as part of the game but for Posters to constantly blame Jose for not selecting A or subsituting B is rediculous. 

We all have opinions and the forum is for us to express them but to believe we have more knowledge or insight than Jose and his  coaching team is arrogant and laughable

All the above players are regular first team so Jose cannot be criticised for selecting them.

If we lose Harry it will be a plausible reason for our failure to reach a Top 4 Slot. Harry is our most influential combined Assists and Goalscorer at Spurs by far. There is not any one player at Spurs that can replace him for the remainder of this season.

Bale,Bergwijn,Vicinius,Moura,Dele,Lo Celso are not regular premiership team players but I would not suggest they are top European  standard players either.

25 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

James, Hugo was responsible even if only partly for 2 goals against Liverpool.,Roden's mistake was responsible for Liverpools 3rd.

Aurier did concede a blatant stupid penalty against Leicester, Sissoko's lazy heading allowed Vardy to score off Dochertys thigh.

These are just 2 games examples of Spurs players at fault for 5 Goals in 2 Games Costing 6 Points. ( Top of the Table??) There are others whose mistakes we accept as part of the game but for Posters to constantly blame Jose for not selecting A or subsituting B is rediculous. 

We all have opinions and the forum is for us to express them but to believe we have more knowledge or insight than Jose and his  coaching team is arrogant and laughable

All the above players are regular first team so Jose cannot be criticised for selecting them.

If we lose Harry it will be a plausible reason for our failure to reach a Top 4 Slot. Harry is our most influential combined Assists and Goalscorer at Spurs by far. There is not any one player at Spurs that can replace him for the remainder of this season.

Bale,Bergwijn,Vicinius,Moura,Dele,Lo Celso are not regular premiership team players but I would not suggest they are top European  standard players either.

That's fine, Asc.

For players to make mistakes means the have been put under pressure. When  Liverpool got on top and we're carving us apart at will in the 2nd half, who should be responsible for doing something about it - the players or the manager using subs or shouting instructions from the dug out? 

COYS 

9 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I don't think we were terrible. If I watched the game again I am sure I would see we could have scored 3 or 4 goals, but we didn't and Liverpool were so much better than us. Their fight and desire to get the ball back was so noticeable.

This same team could easily play the next game and thrash Brighton and posters on this forum would be singing their praises. Bale came on and done nothing, Winks the goalscorer and previous MOTM came on and done nothing. Supporters have to learn that sometimes you are just outplayed and have to accept it. We weren't unlucky we were second best with Hugo responsible for two goals.

Brother, I don’t want to be the one who kills your illusions, but 3 to 14 goal attempts and 2 to 7 shots on goal is more than terrible and not acceptable with the ambitions Enic and Levy have. 

I personally can live with newbies as Nagelsmann who can transform a compact squad to a professional team! And that is what I always appreciated, when Pochy was in charge. He motivated and defined the value of our players. We never need expensive signings and that is why Poch will always be the better manager!

I give a shit how many trophies Mou has won. He got them with Porto, Chelshit and Inter, Real and Utd. Billionaire clubs who spend a fortune on players. I give him credit for Porto, but only on behalf, cause there is no real opponent except of Benfica who can prevent the club from the title. Year in, year out, cause there is no competition in Portugal!

But who is Mourinho without Ibra, Drogba, Cristiano and the rest of the record signings? I doubt he would have reached same results with Estoril, Palermo, Betis and Soton.

And for Poch, just wait and see. Im sure he will win trophies with PSG. Enic and Levy let him down, so as particular players and that is for certain. Believe it or not!

9 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

That's fine, Asc.

For players to make mistakes means the have been put under pressure. When  Liverpool got on top and we're carving us apart at will in the 2nd half, who should be responsible for doing something about it - the players or the manager using subs or shouting instructions from the dug out? 

COYS 

James, You know when you are on the Badminton Court and you have the measure of your opponent your skill and experience just grind them into the dust. Their second wind or coach?? Shouting out instructions to them won't help the skill level of their game. 

I am sure you would never crumble and not give 100 per cent until the final point. And you surely don't make mistakes!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Brother, I don’t want to be the one who kills your illusions, but 3 to 14 goal attempts and 2 to 7 shots on goal is more than terrible and not acceptable with the ambitions Enic and Levy have. 

I personally can live with newbies as Nagelsmann who can transform a compact squad to a professional team! And that is what I always appreciated, when Pochy was in charge. He motivated and defined the value of our players. We never need expensive signings and that is why Poch will always be the better manager!

I give a shit how many trophies Mou has won. He got them with Porto, Chelshit and Inter, Real and Utd. Billionaire clubs who spend a fortune on players. I give him credit for Porto, but only on behalf, cause there is no real opponent except of Benfica who can prevent the club from the title. Year in, year out.

But who is Mourinho without Ibra, Drogba, Cristiano and the rest of the record signings? I doubt he would have reached same results with Estoril, Palermo, Betis and Soton.

And for Poch, just wait and see. Im sure he will win trophies with PSG. Enic and Levy let him down, so as particular players and that is for certain. Believe it or not!

I accept your superior knowledge of the subject. However, there has been many a Premiership Manager who has spent Hundreds and Hundreds of Millions of £'s and have not been successful in the Premiership or Europe.

With all your knowledge of football why/ how do you feel qualified to dismiss a previously regarded World Class Manager even if you believe it was because of the money available. You are entitled to your opinion but it is arrogant is it not??

38 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

You say the players are regulars so Jose can't be criticised for picking them. To become regulars out of a squad, they have to be picked. Someone has to pick them and if Jose can't be blamed, who was picking them to become regulars?

I have to disagree that because anyone who watches a game and gives their opinion it is necessarily claiming they know better they than Jose. If we were top of the league by several points as City and Liverpool were, and JM was being criticised, then possibly that could be described as arrogant and laughable. However, that is not the case. To those who point out what the think is the reason for a poor game is not, in my opinion, being arrogant and laughable. If things go wrong it will always come under scrutiny. 

When Poch was in charge and Harry had his first injury, we didn't fall apart. Sonny and Dele came good and we finished 2nd or 3rd. The current squad is far from rubbish and losing Harry shouldn't mean we can't strive and to go for a higher finish above 6th or 7th.

These posts are only what I think. I would like to think that I couch my words in a neutral way that in no way suggests I am expecting others to change their views. I would like to think my views are not considered as  arrogant or laughable by those that read them. However, if that is what the think, I wouldn't challenge that as that is their right. 

COYS 

24 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

James, You know when you are on the Badminton Court and you have the measure of your opponent your skill and experience just grind them into the dust. Their second wind or coach?? Shouting out instructions to them won't help the skill level of their game. 

I am sure you would never crumble and not give 100 per cent until the final point. And you surely don't make mistakes!!!!!

This implies that Liverpool had the measure of Spurs. That they certainly did. My slant on it was how and why did that happen and to look for the reasons it happened. That is needed to stop it happening again. For me, and this is just my opinion, simply blaming it on making mistakes and not putting away chances is too simplistic.

If that was the case all a manager has to say is, 'Okay lads, no mistakes and make sure you score when the chance crops up'. 

But we will never see eye to eye, so let's just agree to disagree and wait until the end of the season. Even then the arguments will still rage on here as quite a few make their point emotionally from long held views.  LOL

COYS 

3 hours ago, Spurfect said:

I give a shit how many trophies Mou has won. He got them with Porto, Chelshit and Inter, Real and Utd. Billionaire clubs who spend a fortune on players. I give him credit for Porto, but only on behalf, cause there is no real opponent except of Benfica who can prevent the club from the title. Year in, year out, cause there is no competition in Portugal!

Top post mate. Agree 1,000,000%

We victims of this stupid football thing where a blip in results in a sack irrespective of previous goodness . Levy done great re stadium etc but hes got rid of a few managers way too easily and doesnt learn his lessons 

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

That's fine, Asc.

COYS 

5 Goals 6 Points??? Managers fault???? 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Top post mate. Agree 1,000,000%

We victims of this stupid football thing where a blip in results in a sack irrespective of previous goodness . Levy done great re stadium etc but hes got rid of a few managers way too easily and doesnt learn his lessons 

" Levy has got rid of a few Managers far too easily" Pretty much what Posters on this forum are trying to do to Jose. A  Marmite Manager who really cannot do anything right. He has achieved much in the short time in charge. Not acknowledged by fans who actually believe we should be challenging for Top honours within 12 months of managing the Club.

I hope this is my last words on the subject because as a very wise man said " You can't put brains into a Cocunut". With every loss and draw I am reminded of that....

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

He came onto the pitch in the 81st minute when the team was losing 1-3. What exactly do you expect of the guy ? I would have rather seen him come on at half time and have a full 45 minutes against top opposition to show us just at what standard he is right now.

Winks allegedly only came on because of a bust up Hugo had with Aurier at half time and Lamela is not regarded as a replacement striker. What concerns me also is the obvious change in Son when Harry is not on the pitch. He was invisible second half and with his strike partner now injured for some weeks we need him to perform like we know he can.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter how good the team looks on paper, if they go on that pitch with the wrong mindset then the slightest set back and they fold. Apart from Hojbjerg and Ndombele I'd struggle to name one player that 'rolled up his sleeves' and tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Do we blame Jose for that, an inability to motivate ? maybe so but there must remain an element of responsibility within the consciences of the players.

With Harry gone surely we have to give more time to Bale and Vinicious. Bergwijn looks toothless, Moura runs about a lot but there is little to show for it and Lamela is, well he's Lamela so expect an injury any time soon.

Not so long ago we were daring to believe in the prospect of unleashing Kane, Son and Bale onto the pitch like bloodthirsty wolves hungry for goals and glory. The reality was quite different.  Liverpool were hurting last night and that early Son goal may well have brought about a different result. The perfect illustration was after Hojbjerg scored, they were away from home but they didn't do a Spurs and try and hold on to that slender lead for 40 minutes. They pushed forward and were rewarded with a winner after 65 minutes. Game over.

There's a spark missing and you can almost 'touch' it at times when watching Spurs play. Shoulders drop, passes go astray and players with the ball look behind them instead of ahead for the next move. They stop playing as a unit and become a team of crestfallen individuals who would rather take the safe option with passes rather than press and attack. That then results in unforced errors and 'unlucky' goals.

I have no idea what the catalyst is to bring about the change, new manager, new players or maybe a bit of both. I was sceptical at Jose's appointment then I warmed to the guy but I must admit I am struggling to understand the negativity and defensive stance adopted when we look so much better attacking.

We may achieve cup success against City and Mourinho will live off that for another season, the man who brought a trophy back to White Hart Lane. Is that enough to sate the hungry supporters ? I doubt it. I can see next season being another one of mid table turmoil ending in Daniel and Jose reaching a mutually agreeable decision. Back to square one and another potential title winning squad is squandered.  :12:

Well said mate a lot of Truth there I think playing Vinicious should be a given now and BALE you said should be utilised more. The good news is lo celso coming back we need his energy and midfield again just such a shame we can't find that attacking midfielder we need to unlock defences and run around people Steve has been very disappointing hes not doing anything, he needs to take the same route as n dembele started off ok and has gone down hill.

We've must be attacking numbers midfield has to be on the front foot and get forward more and I think holjberg is the key to shake up the team and getting them to pull their sleeves up and get aggressive he should be made captain now

27 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

" Levy has got rid of a few Managers far too easily" Pretty much what Posters on this forum are trying to do to Jose. A  Marmite Manager who really cannot do anything right. He has achieved much in the short time in charge. Not acknowledged by fans who actually believe we should be challenging for Top honours within 12 months of managing the Club.

I hope this is my last words on the subject because as a very wise man said " You can't put brains into a Cocunut". With every loss and draw I am reminded of that....

I'm hoping Josie isn't just seeing this as a  easy retirement he has started to wear cardigans a lot I can't say anything because I've got one just like it in blue:7:

get the spirit in the team to fight for some success if he wins a cup....or 2 and gets us near the top 4 that's a good start as far as I'm concerned and if we can build after this lockdown n covid finally lightens up the tunnel.

stadiums been a white elephant due to covid but once we get the American football bringing money in and concerts and boxing the money should be available.

11 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

I'm hoping Josie isn't just seeing this as a  easy retirement he has started to wear cardigans a lot I can't say anything because I've got one just like it in blue:7:

get the spirit in the team to fight for some success if he wins a cup....or 2 and gets us near the top 4 that's a good start as far as I'm concerned and if we can build after this lockdown n covid finally lightens up the tunnel.

stadiums been a white elephant due to covid but once we get the American football bringing money in and concerts and boxing the money should be available.

I speak from personal experience here and it's not cardigans you have to watch out for when you retire. It's deadly fully fitting 'step into' overalls that superglue their shoulders to your body and make it impossible to get them off until your wife returns from shopping and lends a hand. 

They are also extremely hot to wear after a couple of hours. :4:

11 hours ago, Asc3 said:

What has he achieved then? 

Pissing off a reliable quality AM who had done a hell of a lot for Spurs and is well liked by the players

Conceding late goals instead of scoring them

Too many Negative performances

Beat Marine, Wycombe with 3 late goals v Covid affected team who hadnt trained or played recently, Stoke and Brentford

Hammered Man U cos it mattered to him to do so. If only more games like that attitude.

Handled Covid well other than the player transgressions

Your turn....... Coconut head

16 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I speak from personal experience here and it's not cardigans you have to watch out for when you retire. It's deadly fully fitting 'step into' overalls that superglue their shoulders to your body and make it impossible to get them off until your wife returns from shopping and lends a hand. 

They are also extremely hot to wear after a couple of hours. :4:

Sounds kinky!! 

13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

What has he achieved then? 

Pissing off a reliable quality AM who had done a hell of a lot for Spurs and is well liked by the players

Conceding late goals instead of scoring them

Too many Negative performances

Beat Marine, Wycombe with 3 late goals v Covid affected team who hadnt trained or played recently, Stoke and Brentford

Hammered Man U cos it mattered to him to do so. If only more games like that attitude.

Handled Covid well other than the player transgressions

Your turn....... Coconut head

I agree. Arguing, the players make mistakes is one point, but another „we are not scoring“!

21 hours ago, Asc3 said:

of certain players. 

1 Bale hasn't even had a real opportunity yet and if you take off the same glasses you accuse others of having with Jose then you would see that.

2 I agree about the Final.  My feeling is we have been extremely lucky with the draw and have hardly covered ourselves with glory on the way.  But 11 v 11 anything can happen

3 If Son is invisible for an entire half why leave him on?  Do Bale, Moura, Dele, Vinicius.....etc etc get that luxury?  With Jose, his favourites do not get penalized and his scapegoats get crucified.  But that isn't Jose' fault?

4 I am honestly not sure why you dwell on this.  You think Jose is God and can do no wrong, others think the opposite.  Just like some rate Winks and others don't.  Don't take it personally because you don't agree.  Its opinion.

5 You say posters here blame Jose because of the players performances and their displeasure/dislike of players he chooses. I don't see that at all.  Yes players are taking heat when they are shit and they should.  Jose takes heat for decisions, tactical and player selection being the two most common.  Consistently selecting players that people feel are shit while others don't get a sniff of a chance is on Jose.  Surely you can see that correlation?  Many or dare I say most are having a difficult time accepting the way Spurs play their football under Jose.  If that manner of playing gets us results then some of those will accept it.  If the results don't come then they will not.  Others, and I tend to be in that group, miss Spurs being Spurs and the style that I am accustomed to seeing.  To be completely honest I cannot remember the last game of football I watched that I actually enjoyed because of the football.  That is a sad and depressing thing for me to admit.  Surely Jose is responsible for the football we are playing?  So surely you can see our frustration?

6 We are Spurs faithful.  Very few vote with their head.  They do so with their heart and expectations that come with that.  That has absolutely nothing to do with football knowledge. 

Who, by the way blamed Jose for the Son offside?  

7 There are certainly posters here that have knowledge of the game and from what I read many have a lot more than you.  That is my opinion and until now I have not written that opinion.  But you cannot question others when their opinion doesn't align with yours as James mentioned.  You cannot question their input because they are only Match day posters and assume that makes their points invalid.  Many speak out of emotion and many of those will admit that.  Many others temper their comments to be polite and many don't even post but just read. 

Regardless, simply discounting others and even ridiculing because their opinions do not align with yours is not right. Jose is not the only problem but he is the leader of the ship and has to take accountability yet for me all he has done is blame the players and mistakes they make.  He needs to stand up and take responsibility because everything about Spurs, tactics, player selection, training, formation, substitutions, players attitudes....EVERYTHING is HIS responsibility and for me, World Class or not he is failing us as supporters.

That is my opinion whether you agree or not does not matter one bit