Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Brighton v the mighty SPURS 19.15 Sunday live on sky sports

26 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Not aimed at Borodin, just posting after him but  i dont see how Poch had taken us as far as he could, we got to the CL final, unexpected at the outset of that season, but the players were motivated, Poch was on fire, every single decent fan bought in 1000% , but for a dumb handball who knows, and the need to play Kane even tho nowhere near fit

How many fans that were trying to move heaven and earth to get a ticket for Madrid were months later pissed off enough to call for Poch to go.

10 games after our biggest one off game for years if not ever, and theyd forgotten

Yet here we are now 'excited' by Carabao cup run to final,  ooo if we win that then Joses acheived and what he can stay cos of that, yet the CL final wasnt good enough  

No offence taken mate but I always thought if Poch had changed his stance a little bit he may have stayed much longer in charge. Watch his interviews and post match press conferences. He was always (and I mean feckin' always) referring to his vision, project, potential and dreams for the future. There is never any short term aim or target on the table for the fans or Levy to look forward to, he was always asking for time and patience. I liked the guy and if I'm honest I think the CL final came one season too soon. This may sound absolutely crazy but in a way that semi-final comeback win against Ajax did us few favours. Had we lost the game then Poch would have waxed and waned about how we had improved and would hopefully do even better next season. He would never have been crucified over his decision to put Kane back in for the final. Moura would not have inflated his ego beyond all recognition and the team, whilst naturally disappointed, would not have suffered the shattering effect that the early penalty and ultimate defeat to Liverpool had upon them which undoubtedly affected performances for months to come.

Jose told Daniel the squad needing a few adjustments and silverware, maybe even a title, was within his grasp. He didn't talk about his vision for the future or project... he guaranteed the promised land tomorrow instead of next month.

If we win the Carabao Cup, as I said above, we need to look at the price we have had to pay in order to achieve such a relatively small victory. It will have cost us our reputation for being a free flowing, attacking and attractive, stylish club. We may well lose our star players such as Alli, Kane and Son, our league position status will suffer irrepairably and we will languish mid table. Mourinho will have his reputation remain intact for bringing trophies soon after his appointment but that is all he will walk away with, and I do believe he will not be here after next season. He has shown the footballing World how much poison and desolation he brings with him in the name of 'success' and his nickname of The Special One will infamously fade into the past. I will make a prediction and say I am utterly convinced that Spurs will be the last major team Jose Mourinho ever manages.

Watch his interviews and post match press conferences. He was always (and I mean feckin' always) referring to his vision, project, potential and dreams for the future. There is never any short term aim or target on the table for the fans or Levy to look forward to, he was always asking for time and patience.

Maybe cos he knew Levy (partly cos of stadium investment) wasnt going to plough enough in quickly enough to make a realistic short term goal become anywhere near reality without a huge slice of amazingness . CL run and semi second leg second half especially was a huge slice of amazingness, i remember  sitting watching it thinking yeh we will just fall short in an heroic manner , then Dele to Lucas and BOOOM !!!!! OMFG  WTF  COYS  I went absolutely emotionally mental, cried my eyes out, shouted like crazy, million times better than being at Wembley for the 91 semi and final wins , even winning the final would have struggled to get to that level unless it was a similar comeback 

Football is emotional, at the moment the emotions are totally flat, even if we win Carabao with jose for me, it wont mean much cos the emotions have been too damaged (to be honest it wouldnt mean much anyway crappy cup) 

I get very angry when people spout at me "THFC never win anything"...

I just smile and tell them that in my time supporting my beloved team we have actually won quite a lot....

I am not a 'johnny come lateley' or 'plastic fan' or armchair supporter (well yes, I am at the moment of course..).

I ask them how many games/cup finals have they been to 'supporting' their team ?

Sadly, some of these critics appear on forums and facebook pages purporting to be THFC....

They clearly are not if all they can remember is the failings.

Just remember the good times, the good wins/matches/goals/players.

For example, this weekend...we won again, woolwich lost, the bindippers decline continues...all good and :13: moents !

23 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

I get very angry when people spout at me "THFC never win anything"...

I just smile and tell them that in my time supporting my beloved team we have actually won quite a lot....

I am not a 'johnny come lateley' or 'plastic fan' or armchair supporter (well yes, I am at the moment of course..).

I ask them how many games/cup finals have they been to 'supporting' their team ?

Sadly, some of these critics appear on forums and facebook pages purporting to be THFC....

They clearly are not if all they can remember is the failings.

Just remember the good times, the good wins/matches/goals/players.

For example, this weekend...we won again, woolwich lost, the bindippers decline continues...all good and :13: moents !

Spot on.

In my time following them they were the leading 1st division side. Things like the first to win in Europe, the first to win the double after the war, once leading the table as having won the FA cup the most times etc. Even before my time, they they were the leading club setting the targets and innovating.

It is sad in one way because it is nice to win. However one thing we can be proud of is that we never bought success in the 50s and 60s. It was an even playing field. 

It is one thing giving a view on a game, the players, the manager, DL and Enic and the future. But spouting hate and being disrespectful and constantly moaning achieves nothing. It can't even get it off their chest as the following week they do the same.

I like to make my predictions and to pass on my feelings, but I try to do it in a way that doesn't offend. for me, this forum is like chatting in a pub with friendly fans.

COYS