Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Predict Our Last 8 Games Of This Season...

On 2/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, BlockFeet said:

Fulham - 3pts

Palace - 3pts

Arsenal - 1pt 

Villa - 3pts

Newcastle - 3pts

TOTAL :  13pts

So far so good.

Edit:  and again 

Edited by BlockFeet
Another win!

8 hours ago, BlockFeet said:

Ballsed it up. 
As crap as we were tonight (in the Europa League) we can still beat Villa and Newcastle! 

True, we have to defend our 8th place until the end. 

For me, this season has been a big disappointment. It promised to offer much which, to me, more than promised we had a squad that, at least, would be one of those competing for a top 4 place.

There has been a never ending stream of posts that were full of hope after every time there were a few good consecutive games. Each brief spell of wins has quickly seen a slump bad enough to keep us around 8th or 9th place. Despite the evidence that something was well wrong, the optimistic posts kept rolling in. 

At 81, I tend to be more be more pragmatic. I rather face up to the truth rather than ignore evidence that suggests that the hope I had has little chance of happening. Being overly optimistic will not improve results - it won't turn defeats into wins. 

That doesn't mean slating those responsible for providing success such as DL, Enic, the manager and the players. For me it calls for giving the reasons why things that are not happening with ideas to be tried to improve matters, but without rancour. 

The situation we are in has happened and we are where we are with a bleak looking future. The prospects for salvaging a half decent season are not encouraging. For me I just have to get on with life and to get over it. This is what being a football supporter is all about. You live with the good times and live with the bad. Grumbling is a part of life, but I no longer let it take over my life. 

COYS 

Whilst others may disagree, I feel now after hearing Lloris’ views after the DZG game that what we’ve been witnessing is an implosion in the dressing room. 

Mourinho is not a leader, he makes rash decisions without considering how they will affect the players and team’s morale.

We have a team with a huge variety of nationalities and personalities and as a manager you need to bring them together to make a team.

he seems to think that divide and conquer is a valid tactic to employ. Encouraging some players whilst outcasting others.

I can’t help but look back at the Amazon documentary when Danny Rose asked Mourinho why he was always being singled out for mistakes when others who were just as bad or worse got away with it and kept their place week after week. I completely agreed with Danny on this point and an example of Mourinho terrible man management

We witnessed this with Dier, Winks, Bergwyn and others. As others have said why did we bring Hart in when we had Gazzaniga who was a very good understudy for Lloris. Hart looks and seems like a prized knob to me and imagine adds to the toxicity in the dressing room.

clearly the division is too great to repair now, Pochettino May have been able to mitigate the damage but essentially we need a huge clear out

auruer

n’dombele

dier

winks

hart

lloris

winks

alli

But it’s too late Mourinho has allowed the toxicity to spread and added to it with his treatment of certain players!

8 minutes ago, Sumsio said:

We have a team with a huge variety of nationalities and personalities and as a manager you need to bring them together to make a team.

he seems to think that divide and conquer is a valid tactic to employ. Encouraging some players whilst outcasting others.

Quote right. José's tactic is not to manage but to 'dominate' and he uses first team selection as a weapon more than an incentive.

Lloris was clearly hurting in that interview and trying to send a message out to the supporters ( and Daniel Levy) that the players are all unhappy with Mourinho. Let's hope everyone listened.

Look he affects the players mental state of mind ,,,you don’t do this ,,,they don’t do that ,,,it’s there fault ,,,then obviously doesn’t communicate with them aswell ,,,shout at them make your opinion on the match clear ,,,the older players will understand that aswell as the younger ones ,,,,but the cold shoulder is pathetic,,,you won’t get anymore from the players apart from them communicating through senior players only ,,,Jose most probably had the squad meeting and the whole room would have been silent ,,,then they leave go training in silence then go home in silence,,,,nothing gained ,,,am getting the feeling that Jose is more pampered than the players 

Okay, so a better than expected result at Villa but a defeat against Arsenal means 3 wins and one loss with a game left.

I predicted 11pts and we are on course for 12pts if we beat Newcastle so I'll be very happy with that outcome.

Played 5 won 4 lost 1 sounds good...so let's do it !!

On 2/28/2021 at 4:30 PM, Cromulentmart said:

Fulham - 3pts

Palace - 3pts

The Arse - 1pt

Villa - 3pts

Newcastle - 3pts

That's 13 points and no losses (eternal optimist), although I am doubtful about Villa away. I wish we were playing Leicester next week - no Maddison and no Barnes!

I guess I'd be happy with 10 points from 15, but I'll stick to my predictions..

I got the Arse result wrong but at least I was right about Villa (Grealish being crocked was a big plus).

Win at Newcastle and we would have a very respectable 12 points from 5 games - that's CL form lads !!!!!!!

Okay everybody, as we have a nice long boring break until the next game let's have a look at our five league fixtures after the game against Newcastle shall we....

Home to Man Utd,

Away to Everton,

Home to Sheffield United,

Away to Leeds,

Home to Wolves

Now there's a set of fixtures to test your prediction skills :16:

There's no real reason why we shouldn't win all five but I'll temper my thoughts with a spoonful of 'Spurs Reality'.

Draw / Draw / Win /Win / Win = 11 pts which (after we have beaten Newcastle) will put us on 62 pts total.

Chelsea play WBA, Crystal Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Fulham and Man City  over the same period and all I can see there is four wins, a possible draw against the Hammers and lose to City = 64 pts

West Ham have Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, Chelsea, Burnley and Everton which I see as 3 wins, a defeat (Leicester) and two draws (Chelsea & Everton) = 60 pts

Everton have Crystal Palace, Brighton, Spurs, Arsenal,Villa and West Ham, in my view that's two wins, three draws ( Spurs, Villa west Ham) and lose to Arsenal = 55 pts and a game in hand

Liverpool face Arsenal, Villa, Leeds , Newcastle, Man Utd and Southampton so four wins and two draws (Arsenal and Man Utd) = 60 pts

This would mean Spurs in 5th spot and 62 pts with our nearest contenders for 4th being Leicester who will play Man City, West Ham, WBA, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle. Sadly all I can foresee is one defeat (City) and 5 wins putting them on a massive 71pts.

This would suggest to me that the highest we can possibly hope for is 5th unless there's a dramatic change of fortunes for the clubs around us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.....

:yid3:

Some good analysis there Borodin

Home to Man Utd, - WIN

Away to Everton, - LOSE

Home to Sheffield United, - WIN

Away to Leeds, - WIN

Home to Wolves - WIN

That's 12 points and 63 total.

Chelsea I reckon will win 3, draw 2 and lose 1. That's 11 points taken them to 62.

4th is still up for grabs.

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Some good analysis there Borodin

Home to Man Utd, - WIN

Away to Everton, - LOSE

Home to Sheffield United, - WIN

Away to Leeds, - WIN

Home to Wolves - WIN

That's 12 points and 63 total.

Chelsea I reckon will win 3, draw 2 and lose 1. That's 11 points taken them to 62.

4th is still up for grabs.

Interesting how you view the first two. I'm quite surprised you see us able to beat Man Utd and yet lose to Everton. I've gone as both drawn but if I had to make a second choice it would be lose / win. I'll be fascinated to watch how they do turn out. :16:

20 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

We are at home against Manure and everyone will be desperate to do the double over them.

I'm not sure at all about Everton - they seem a bit like us this season, very 'up and down'

Really hope you're right about Man Utd and very wrong about Everton. I've put a new thread up in Spurs News about Bale. I'll look forward to see your views in there  :16:

skysports-graphic-tottenham_5335516.jpg

As we only have eight games left now I have revised the thread title so that you can give your predictions for the rest of the season. Following the Newcastle game I am slightly changing my own forecast :

Man Utd (Lose) Everton (Draw) Southampton (Win) Leeds (Draw) Wolves (Win) Aston Villa (Win) Leicester (Lose)

That gives us another 11 pts and a grand total of 60pts. We will struggle for top 6 with that and I reckon we are probably looking at 7th spot, bearing in mind the fixtures of our nearest rivals....see below

54yy9m.jpg

Let's have your thoughts please gentlemen.....

Don't you know any easy questions to ask, Borodin? 

Apart from Sheff Utd, which should be 3 points, all the other  games all could go any way, the way we're are playing. The only consistency with us is inconsistency. Obviously, I missed the Utd game. Of the other 7 I think we will be well short of 21 points. I don't know where the points will come from, but I will go for 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses - 11 points. I would love for more, but worry I may have been a bit generous.

I just think the team is demoralised and  cannot cope with the pressure. 

COYS