Jump to content
Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

Spurs V that horrible bunch from the posh part

Recommended Posts

If anyone cares we have a return match of what can only be described as the most boring London derby ever and that takes some doing bearing in mind many involved George Graham.

Yes Spurs V Chelsea 0-0 will there be any shots this time, who knows , does anyone care . I dont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping for a more positive performance,,,,I am hoping for a 2-0 win .

hoping for vinnie,,son,,Moura,,dele,,and Ndombele all to start ,,but only jm knows which team he will start with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reaching the stage where I am fed up saying this is a 'must win' game. In reality, I am fast losing interest in this season as there has been no consistency and no real evidence that we can trust us to put a string of results together to improve things. My heart wants a successful season even if it means I have to live with Mourhino. My head says, 'forget it' - more doom and gloom is over the horizon.

My fear is we will be approaching the match short in confidence, while they will be really up for it trying to impress their new manager. There is always the possibility in every game we could win so I won't write that off. That said, realistically there is no evidence to suggest we will. I think I will go along with Audere and predict a boring 0 - 0 draw.

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am involved in an online football predictor game . Basically if you predict the exact score you get 4 points, correct result with the goal margin difference being the same (i.e. I predict 2-0 but they win 3-1) you receive 3pts, correct result only 2pts. I am delighted to say that I am currently leading but only by a small margin. I cannot therefore allow myself to make heart over head decisions regarding Spurs matches if I want to stay ahead.

The team morale must be at rock bottom at the moment and Jose's 'stick no carrot' way of handling motivation is clearly failing miserably. Put that against Chelsea who now have a manager capable of tapping into the talent the whole squad posseses and I'm afraid I cannot see any possible outcome other than a defeat. I am therefore predicting we lose this 1-2.

I honestly believe we are currently in a steep nose dive and I just hope if we continue to lose altitude in the league then Daniel has the good sense to hand over the joystick to someone else, before this team crashes and burns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am reaching the stage where I am fed up saying this is a 'must win' game. In reality, I am fast losing interest in this season as there has been no consistency and no real evidence that we can trust us to put a string of results together to improve things. My heart wants a successful season even if it means I have to live with Mourhino. My head says, 'forget it' - more doom and gloom is over the horizon.

My fear is we will be approaching the match short in confidence, while they will be really up for it trying to impress their new manager. There is always the possibility in every game we could win so I won't write that off. That said, realistically there is no evidence to suggest we will. I think I will go along with Audere and predict a boring 0 - 0 draw.

COYS

the 0-0 was in reference to the December scintillating match , i think this one will be 3-1 to the posh tarts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I am involved in an online football predictor game . Basically if you predict the exact score you get 4 points, correct result with the goal margin difference being the same (i.e. I predict 2-0 but they win 3-1) you receive 3pts, correct result only 2pts. I am delighted to say that I am currently leading but only by a small margin. I cannot therefore allow myself to make heart over head decisions regarding Spurs matches if I want to stay ahead.

The team morale must be at rock bottom at the moment and Jose's 'stick no carrot' way of handling motivation is clearly failing miserably. Put that against Chelsea who now have a manager capable of tapping into the talent the whole squad posseses and I'm afraid I cannot see any possible outcome other than a defeat. I am therefore predicting we lose this 1-2.

I honestly believe we are currently in a steep nose dive and I just hope if we continue to lose altitude in the league then Daniel has the good sense to hand over the joystick to someone else, before this team crashes and burns.

we had this the last few seasons on this forum, somebody kept winning it . It stopped due to nobody setting it up plus low numbers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

On a good note it looks like Jose had a productive meting with dele alli and he will be involved again soon,and Harry might be back next week,excellent news..

yep its on Spurs News section of the forum, always worth having  a wander around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am feeling like the league title is now out of reach with City at 47 points and a game in hand over the chasing pack.

It would take them slipping and a near perfect run to topple them now and I just don't see anybody doing that particularly with Liverpool suffering another defeat.

Not sure what to expect from us tomorrow but I hope we throw caution to the wind and just play an out right attacking game of football and let the chips fall where they may. A 5-4 win will do just fine thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I feel like the ship has sailed on a title challenge, but top 4 is still a real possibility. The team will have to man up and stop feeling sorry for themselves though. Perhaps a derby match will provide motivation for the team to make a statement, show some heart. We're below the spammers, come on and pick it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever wins tonight will go up to sixth place with the loser remaining on the mid table slippery slope. So often matches are referred to as 'do or die' but tonight's game certainly appears to qualify for that title. I just cannot convince myself that anything else other than a defeat awaits us and it truly breaks my heart to say that. I still maintain a 1-2 scoreline and unless Jose shows me a pre match line up to convince me of a change in tactics then I have to stand by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the infamous match in 2016 (Of course you do) but can you remember the players ?? I found this online quiz to while away the time before kick off.

I managed all of our squad except for one of our subs but failed miserably with the Chelsea line up getting only five. That gave me a grand total of 18.

If you do try it please post your scores (and try to be honest) :16:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-can-you-name-the-chelsea-vs-tottenham-line-ups-from-2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky re show that match nearly every fortnight, they love it the bastards our suffering as if that match cost us the league, no it didnt we were never going to win the league 

but I DO LOVE Danny Rose dishing it out, such a shame Hazard still playing, should have ended his career in that match, IMO, well it is chelsea 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mihai said:
We'll get hammered 3-4 games
Divorce comes, we throw the ring
Nightmare, history, pages, frames
Let's get ready for the Ledley King! 
 
History repeats itself and I have the right song that reminds us
 
A V B, It's easy as
1 2 3, as simple as
Do re mi, A V B, 1 2 3
Josey you and me... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Remember the infamous match in 2016 (Of course you do) but can you remember the players ?? I found this online quiz to while away the time before kick off.

I managed all of our squad except for one of our subs but failed miserably with the Chelsea line up getting only five. That gave me a grand total of 18.

If you do try it please post your scores (and try to be honest) :16:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-can-you-name-the-chelsea-vs-tottenham-line-ups-from-2016

17, i got all Spurs but cant believe none of the chelsea players had the last name C**T ,i know their central defender certainly did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreading this one , I'm in a really bad mood if we lose to the chavs living in South London surrounded by them. I want Jose to be brave and used vinicius and Lucas so we know we've got that backup partnership sonny can come on and do the damage if needed.... reality is hell  probably play Winx as a lone striker with Stevie behind him:7:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mihai said:
We'll get hammered 3-4 games
Divorce comes, we throw the ring
Nightmare, history, pages, frames
Let's get ready for the Ledley King! 

Remember I think the last time we played well against chavski estaiblished 2001,dele scored and was playing well:12:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

he always played well V this mob , hated them nearly as much as i do 

Yeah yeah man the guns he was always up for it and that aggressive Delhi we light getting stuck in in doing cheeky little headers and pass throughs but good times when we were usually hopefully two 1 or 3-1 up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×