Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

Spurs V that horrible bunch from the posh part

Video Link :

Jose post match statement :

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho, speaking to BT Sport: "It was a bit of a struggle but how many chances did they have? We didn't have the ball, correct, we didn't create in the first half, correct. But the struggle was the penalty. In the end a penalty decides the game. In the end they score a penalty which is not a penalty that you say is a dangerous situation, one on one, almost scoring. It's a penalty that is difficult to accept and to lose the game like this is a bit painful.

"But in the second half we were different and Lucas [Moura] and [Erik] Lamela helped to change the dynamic. The feeling I have is that we kept together until the end. To finish with a positive spirit helps.

"Vinicius is a player with an incredible spirit but his understanding of how to press is something he's still not comfortable with. Then in the second half it was much more difficult for them, we pressed them much better and higher and in the second half I believe we deserved a little bit more."

"We had a great chance by Vinicius, we can analyse the game from the first to the last minute. If you want to be pragmatic, one penalty, one goal, 1-0.

"When a team is in a difficult game against Chelsea, you concede that penalty and are affected by it. By the end of the the first half I saw a team that was struggling but it was totally the opposite in the second half.

"We miss a lot of important players but the spirit in the second half is untouchable.

"We don't like it (the form) but the way we finished the game gives me positive feelings. It is not that that stops the defensive mistakes but it gives us a difficult smile on the face and to stick together and go tomorrow.

"Hopefully next week Harry Kane will be back but not any of the others. We play Sunday against West Brom and they need points as much as us for different reasons."

Looks like Vinicius is tonight's scapegoat... God help us

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

It is easy to say Vinivicius should have scored, but when he is not given game time, how is he expected to stay sharp and on the bal. 

COYS 

It was a sitter.  He was obviously not the only one, but he was crap tonight.  He couldn't hold the ball up if it was glued to him.

Dier is an idiot.

Bergwijn is nothing. Son was nothing without Kane.

Lamela injected a bit of urgency.

Hojbjerg was really poor tonight.

Ndombele was OK until he got kicked once too often.

Lloris was good.

Sissoko was poor.

Toby was invisible.

Aurier and Davies tried.

4 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

It was a sitter.  He was obviously not the only one, but he was crap tonight.  He couldn't hold the ball up if it was glued to him.

Dier is an idiot.

Bergwijn is nothing. Son was nothing without Kane.

Lamela injected a bit of urgency.

Hojbjerg was really poor tonight.

Ndombele was OK until he got kicked once too often.

Lloris was good.

Sissoko was poor.

Toby was invisible.

Aurier and Davies tried.

To be fair to Hojbjerg there was absolutely nobody making any runs or finding space for a pass tonight, especially in the first half. So many times I saw him and Ben Davies with the ball and not one player to give it to in order to threaten the Chelsea defence. The other players made Hojbjerg look uncertain and hesitant because they gave him no options and I felt sorry for the guy, he did his best but it was an impossible situation for him.

For me, one of the biggest problems is Dier and Aurier. During the match they can be absolutely fantastic at times - they stop almost certain goals being scored. The problem is their weakness in that they cannot get through games without utterly stupid actions that concede a goal. We are dropping points in games through these 2 too often. 

I just feel that, as good as they can be, they are a liability and need to be replaced. 

COYS 

24 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

For me, one of the biggest problems is Dier and Aurier. During the match they can be absolutely fantastic at times - they stop almost certain goals being scored. The problem is their weakness in that they cannot get through games without utterly stupid actions that concede a goal. We are dropping points in games through these 2 too often. 

I just feel that, as good as they can be, they are a liability and need to be replaced. 

COYS 

I am always reminded of Dier running into the stands to confront his brother's aggressor when he does things like he did tonight with the penalty. The blue mist descends and through a mixture of immaturity and inability to control himself we see rash decisions made which later I'm sure he bitterly regrets.

In this modern game you cannot even sneeze on someone next to you in the area without being punished so to try and hack away at the ball whilst seated on your arse is just asking for trouble.

Jose says it wasn't a penalty (well he would wouldn't he) but compared to other incidents we see every day then as soon as Timo Werner went down you knew the ref would point to the spot. I have watched the incident over and over and in my humble opinion without a shadow of a doubt Dier commits a foul.

It's that 'unpredictability' of Dier and Aurier that make them loose cannons who can occasionally go off and cost us the match.

Watch this highlights video on 44/45 secs to see the contact made by Dier which I think caused the damage..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcN2OnTg27w

The only surprise, we only conceded one goal. I turned off the tele in half time. I haven’t seen a system and no tactics. The lads only sit deep and let themselves penetrate. Ndombele is not a 10er and should play as deep laying playmaker along Emilio.

Rodon was brought because he is both footed and could have played instead of Dier. But in the last matches he was more played As RCB. Why is a mystery to me? And for Dier he shouldn’t play for us anymore. Absolute shite

Again, Stevie is playing on the wrong side. We could try Dorothy, but a right wing is imminent. Best, a playertype of Eriksens kinds. Buendia is that kind of player, who keeps on scoring and delivering for Norwich. The perfect replacement even for Levys briefcase. Cause the only playmaker at the moment is Lamela. And he doesn’t make the difference. Does he? But I fear he is the best available option. 

If Son is doing shit for his team, let him play as a forward. Vinicious is shite, Bale is shite. Im glad we haven’t signed them permanently. So back from where we started. We need a striker and a right wing and a 10er. This is when you try to save money on necessary areas! Thats why we will always end up with shit players! 

From my predicted 5 defeats in PL matches we already lost 3. You can say its okay to lose against Liverpool, I say no. Cause we played against one of the weakest formation Liverpool has. You can say, its okay to lose against Chelsea, I say no, cause despite their new signings, their squad is young but inexperienced and far away from their full potential. I don’t want to mention Brighton and who knows if Shefields keyplayers (Conelly, Berge...) haven’t been injured, who knows? 

I would love to see my team winning, but I became a realist. That’s not possible under Jose. Cause he is shit.

In a very disappointed mood today only ones I can really respect I think Is Ndembele because he got his foot stamped on which was a dirty challenge they got away with he still got up and tried to run it off and get on with it. Davies did work hard down the left but unfortunately couldn't get forward, they really need to give me the job because I would say to them if you don't start picking your heads up and performing talking on the pitch and communicating and working as a team you don't get paid your 100 grand a week and you can clean and fix the toilets just like Craig has to after his family have destroyed them:12::7:

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Well the cricket is on channel 4 mate 

Hi Mr I think you're talking to me you didn't press on the quote-repy tab so it's difficult to know but I think we have ESP together

so I'm always thinking of you you're always thinking of me and we just want to be coys happy.....:16:

Apart from being a poet mate I'm not that sophisticated I can't stare at cricket for too long as it's the Ashes final I didn't know a lot of mates that watch cricket and a generally just went there to get drunk anyway. I was quite good at playing cricket just never pushed in my school. Bit like all the other sports really I was a good all rounder everything just no one pushed me down the right path I was actually good at football and athletics an extremely good long jump and triple jumper the best in the district the best in my school from the age of of 12 but again no one pushed me I was too busy chasing girls when I got to the age of 13 onwards and obviously using recreational drink and and other stuff that you like using which I can't do anymore....smelling your exhale :7:

What the hell am I ranting on about anyway yes we're very predictable mate Vinny and Lucas should be the one starting together I had an understanding I don't think sunny as worked out what Vinnie is going to do and vice-a-versa.

Matches we also dire had improved and he has every now and then he can get a block in every now and then he can get a head on the ball but every now and then he can cause an absolute stupid sorry to say this idiotic headless mistake that loses us games. You can still tell from his positional play that he is not a defender I asked to get rid of him ages ago I think he's championship quality again like winks but he be a good bench warmer if we needed someone to sit on the in midfield or we were desperate for a centre-back we need world class defenders world class midfielders these sort of players are not going to help us get anywhere or staying the top 4. I appreciate they have heart and fella and might actually love the badge they're wearing and the club they're playing for but that's no good if I haven't got the talent or the ability I'm afraid and I've got that switching their brain that switches and destroys a match in seconds.

Tuchel arrives at Chelsea to take charge of an under performing team and in his first 3 games has 2 wins and a draw without conceding a goal. Somehow he has lifted the moral and stopped thr rot. He has managed to inspire a bunch of players he has not worked with before to play to their best. 

Mourhino is quoted as having led Spurs to to the Carabou final with no mention of it being against minnows. 

Just 2 examples implying that it is the managers that are behind the success. 

Last night Spurs played lacking ambition, instead of setting the pace they sat back allowing Chelsea to control the 1st half. There was some improvement in the second half which begs the question, 'why not start the game that way'? 

I watch a dozen games a week. In every one without exception, there are golden chances missed time and again. Despite this, Mourinho's the top excuse for losing the game was the Vinicius miss and claiming that Dier had not given away a penalty (which he most definitely had).. 

Losing a top player should not be an excuse for a monumental slump. When we lost Kane with his first injury, Son and Dele took over and each scored some 20 goals and we finished 2nd or 3rd. Under Mourhino we have slumped, we are playing Son in a way he might as well not be on the pitch and we seem devoid of ideas on how to get on top of opponents. 

When teams collapse and fall into a slump, the managers are moved on. This is because only the manager decides on who plays and to what game plan. The tail can't wag the dog, the players cannot demand what is to be done. 

How much longer must we put up with this under achieving before some action is taken. If it is it is left too late and we finish 7th or 8th, the exodus of top talent becomes a strong possibility. Replacing them with similar quality highly improbable. All Mourinho's past glories count for nothing if he does not get us into the CL - even if we manage to wi the Carabou Cup, if we are out of the top 6, we are in deep shit regarding the future. 

COYS 

3 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Hi Mr I think you're talking to me you didn't press on the quote-repy tab so it's difficult to know but I think we have ESP together

so I'm always thinking of you you're always thinking of me and we just want to be coys happy.....:16:

Apart from being a poet mate I'm not that sophisticated I can't stare at cricket for too long as it's the Ashes final I didn't know a lot of mates that watch cricket and a generally just went there to get drunk anyway. I was quite good at playing cricket just never pushed in my school. Bit like all the other sports really I was a good all rounder everything just no one pushed me down the right path I was actually an extremely good long jump and triple jumper the best in the district the best in my school from the age of of 12 but again no one pushed me I was too busy chasing girls when I got to the age of 13 onwards and obviously using recreational drink and and other stuff that you like using which I can't do anymore....smelling your exhale :7:

What the hell am I ranting on about anyway yes we're very predictable mate Vinny and Lucas should be the one starting together I had an understanding I don't think sunny as worked out what Vinnie is going to do and vice-a-versa.

Matches we also dire had improved and he has every now and then he can get a block in every now and then he can get a head on the ball but every now and then he can cause an absolute stupid sorry to say this idiotic headless mistake that loses us games. You can still tell from his positional play that he is not a defender I asked to get rid of him ages ago I think he's championship quality again like winks but he be a good bench warmer if we needed someone to sit on the in midfield or we were desperate for a centre-back we need world class defenders world class midfielders these sort of players are not going to help us get anywhere or staying the top 4. I appreciate they have heart and fella and might actually love the badge they're wearing and the club they're playing for but that's no good if I haven't got the talent or the ability I'm afraid and I've got that switching their brain that switches and destroys a match in seconds.

Yeah was talking to you lol,,,I stopped watching the match just after the kick off ,,didn’t even see the pen ,,,

kicked off went backwards,,,chelsea nearly scored that was enough for me ,,again the players look totally scared of Jose ,,they look totally confused on what Jose wants them to do ,,the chopping and changing to the defence is causing a lot of problems.

but anyway mr levy won’t sack Jose,,

joe root has scored another century in his 100th test match yay 

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Tuchel arrives at Chelsea to take charge of an under performing team and in his first 3 games has 2 wins and a draw without conceding a goal. Somehow he has lifted the moral and stopped thr rot. He has managed to inspire a bunch of players he has not worked with before to play to their best. 

Mourhino is quoted as having led Spurs to to the Carabou final with no mention of it being against minnows. 

Just 2 examples implying that it is the managers that are behind the success. 

Last night Spurs played lacking ambition, instead of setting the pace they sat back allowing Chelsea to control the 1st half. There was some improvement in the second half which begs the question, 'why not start the game that way'? 

I watch a dozen games a week. In every one without exception, there are golden chances missed time and again. Despite this, Mourinho's the top excuse for losing the game was the Vinicius miss and claiming that Dier had not given away a penalty (which he most definitely had).. 

Losing a top player should not be an excuse for a monumental slump. When we lost Kane with his first injury, Son and Dele took over and each scored some 20 goals and we finished 2nd or 3rd. Under Mourhino we have slumped, we are playing Son in a way he might as well not be on the pitch and we seem devoid of ideas on how to get on top of opponents. 

When teams collapse and fall into a slump, the managers are moved on. This is because only the manager decides on who plays and to what game plan. The tail can't wag the dog, the players cannot demand what is to be done. 

How much longer must we put up with this under achieving before some action is taken. If it is it is left too late and we finish 7th or 8th, the exodus of top talent becomes a strong possibility. Replacing them with similar quality highly improbable. All Mourinho's past glories count for nothing if he does not get us into the CL - even if we manage to wi the Carabou Cup, if we are out of the top 6, we are in deep shit regarding the future. 

COYS 

Your correct fella ,,but I think mr levy is gonna hang on until Jose gets ,,,Kane,reggie,le Tesco’s,,and dele Ali all back to full fitness before he makes a decision fella ,,so it’s gonna be a rough ride for a few more matches 

2 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

In a very disappointed mood today only ones I can really respect I think Is Ndembele because he got his foot stamped on which was a dirty challenge they got away with he still got up and tried to run it off and get on with it. Davies did work hard down the left but unfortunately couldn't get forward, they really need to give me the job because I would say to them if you don't start picking your heads up and performing talking on the pitch and communicating and working as a team you don't get paid your 100 grand a week and you can clean and fix the toilets just like Craig has to after his family have destroyed them:12::7:

Tbh IMO its a copying strategy to compensate his average performances. You will see him in every match going down holding his ankle in pain. When he is injured why is he playing? Ndombele hasn’t done anything spectacular in the PL matches. He would help the team more if playing as a 8 and pull the strings from mid but playing deeper!

14 hours ago, Borodin said:

This is the Jose we all feared would appear....:12:

It's not just disappointing, it's frightening. More evidence that Mourinho is drifting back to the pathetic level he sunk to at Utd. 

COYS 

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Lol that’s cool dude 

Hey you 'quoted' my post, brilliant mate !

With reference to a song I think this one is more fitting to our situation :7:

21 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Hey you 'quoted' my post, brilliant mate !

With reference to a song I think this one is more fitting to our situation :7:

Lol at least we are all keeping our sense humour alive and kicking ,,,it’s been years since we have been this poor ,,,you gotta laugh or I would cry ,,I like this new quote thing lol