Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Is Mourinho On Thin Ice ??

51 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Never seen a poor cricket player even the bad county ones 

Annual salary of £27,500 recently dropped to £24,000 as per this link.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12140/12051690/minimum-wage-for-full-time-county-cricketers-to-be-lowered-to-24-000-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

Not poor maybe but certainly not the earnings of a decent footballer or golfer.

Virat kohli,,,£7 mill a year ,,,ipl players earn what the clubs pay for them in the bidding,,,not including,,,,sports wear,,bat ,,sponsors etc ,,,and the Australian cricketers wow 

4 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Virat kohli,,,£7 mill a year ,,,ipl players earn what the clubs pay for them in the bidding,,,not including,,,,sports wear,,bat ,,sponsors etc ,,,and the Australian cricketers wow 

The top ten highest paying sports in the World are :

1) Basketball 2) Boxing 3) Auto Racing 4) Golf 5) American Football 6) Soccer 7) Tennis 8) Ice Hockey 9) Baseball 10) Cycling

Link : https://sportsshow.net/highest-paying-sports-world/

There is a list of the 100 highest earning sportsmen in the World and Virat Kohli was the only cricketer ranked at number 66. Phil Mickleson came 25th and he's 50 years old !.

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/2/#tab:overall

Now if I had a choice of being able to play golf in the Dubai Desert Classic Golf Tournament enjoying the beautiful sunshine and playing for a first prize of $541,000 or stand for hours in sweltering heat wearing a helmet, gloves and pads whilst someone throws an extremely hard object towards me at over 80 mph it really is a no brainer.

I just wish my dad had put a golf club in my hand as soon as I could grip anything. I cannot play for my life but when I watch those guys jetting off all over the World earning megabucks via prize money and sponsorship, staying in all the top hotels and living a lifestyle I can only dream of, I go green. (pardon the pun).

Then when you reach your fifties you don't retire, no you join the Seniors Tour. Top 3 prize money winners last year are Bernhard Langer (63 yrs old) earned $1.5m in prize money, Ernie Els (51) earned $1.5m and Kevin Sutherland (56) earned $1.3m.

So to look for an extremely enjoyable, safe and lucrative sport that you can still compete in and enjoy well after you pass your forties it has to be golf for me mate. :16:

I know what ya mean mate ,,but being a cricket player in India,,Pakistan,,,Sri Lanka,,,Bangladesh,,,,,,you are a god like figure,,,most wouldn’t have heard of Jose Mourinho,,or Phil mickleson,,or the super bowl ...in Australia cricket and rugby and Aussie rules are the top sports .just imagine being a top cricketer in the West Indies 

and of course cricket is the ultimate gentleman’s sport w g grace was the 1st millionaire sportsman in Britain and he was an amateur lol

50 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I know what ya mean mate ,,but being a cricket player in India,,Pakistan,,,Sri Lanka,,,Bangladesh,,,,,,you are a god like figure,,,most wouldn’t have heard of Jose Mourinho,,or Phil mickleson,,or the super bowl ...in Australia cricket and rugby and Aussie rules are the top sports .just imagine being a top cricketer in the West Indies 

and of course cricket is the ultimate gentleman’s sport w g grace was the 1st millionaire sportsman in Britain and he was an amateur lol

I have been to India with work some years ago when I visited a company called Sundram fasteners in Chennai. It was a mind blowing experience to see the huge class gulf between rich and poor. Cricket is so popular because it's one sport that's very easy for everyone to play. Children with a ball made of tightly bound rags and a piece of wood for a bat with an old oil drum as a wicket. I saw the side of India my hosts showed me and the one my associate and I looked for by ourselves. Corpses of beggars lying rotting on the platforms of railway stations and slum areas that a rat wouldn't inhabit. There was simply no 'middle class', you were either rich or poor. It really was an eye opener for all of us and we came away most distressed at what we had seen. The one constant though was everywhere we went cricket was being played.

We could not use the Company as a supply source because they would only deal in rupees and that was not recognised as an international currency. They also did not understand the concept of 'product liability' . I explained that if they supplied me with a camshaft and it broke causing the deaths of many people then they would be accountable. They said no and that they would simply send me a replacement camshaft leaving all legal liabilty on my company. :8:

So commercially it was a wasted trip but from a personal viewpoint my life was changed. Trust me that whilst it may be wonderful being treated like a God in India, they are very few and far between.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, Mr8ball said:

Kc the investment side would have happened without COVID-19,,,the buccaneers use Man Utd to fund there nfl side the glaziers are skint themselves,,,they take 75pence out of every pound Man Utd make then out of the 25p left they pay the debt the glazers moved back to Man Utd lol and out of that they over pay on players ,.

That does surprise me, because the NFL's media contract is the primary way the league makes money. They are discussing a renewal of the broadcast rights that would be $10 billion a year and each team gets their share of it. It is always said that the teams would be rolling in cash even if they never sold a ticket because of the value of the TV contract.

21 hours ago, Borodin said:

I have been to India with work some years ago when I visited a company called Sundram fasteners in Chennai. It was a mind blowing experience to see the huge class gulf between rich and poor. Cricket is so popular because it's one sport that's very easy for everyone to play. Children with a ball made of tightly bound rags and a piece of wood for a bat with an old oil drum as a wicket. I saw the side of India my hosts showed me and the one my associate and I looked for by ourselves. Corpses of beggars lying rotting on the platforms of railway stations and slum areas that a rat wouldn't inhabit. There was simply no 'middle class', you were either rich or poor. It really was an eye opener for all of us and we came away most distressed at what we had seen. The one constant though was everywhere we went cricket was being played.

We could not use the Company as a supply source because they would only deal in rupees and that was not recognised as an international currency. They also did not understand the concept of 'product liability' . I explained that if they supplied me with a camshaft and it broke causing the deaths of many people then they would be accountable. They said no and that they would simply send me a replacement camshaft leaving all legal liabilty on my company. :8:

So commercially it was a wasted trip but from a personal viewpoint my life was changed. Trust me that whilst it may be wonderful being treated like a God in India, they are very few and far between.

Not just India but all those Asian countries, all the African countries, much of South America and all the war torn Arabic and Muslim countries. Many of the far east countries are impoverished a well. 

It wouldn't surprise me if more than three quarters of the world's population Iive in real abject poverty. I have been to close to 100 countries of which, many were desperately poor. Even those that were not that impoverished, they were were still desperately poor compared to European countries. Also, they have no hope of it ever changing. 

It annoys me when those in the UK talk of all those living in poverty in the UK needing even more help. Here  there's a free health service, free schooling, a very, very generous support system that means everyone can apply for free housing and money on top plus help for every type of perceive problem under the sun. 

If you had seen the slums with no water or electricity that I have you would star to begin to understand why people risk the lives their own and children's lives to come to Britain. 

I am not trying to discuss the rights and wrongs or to suggest what should be done to help these utterly impoverished people. Even if I was to express an opinion, it would carry no weight and do nothing to help solve their problems. 

COYS