Spurs Web
Borodin

SPURS Vs W.B.A. Sunday 7/2/21 12 noon kick off

Just now, Jamesinashby said:

It is absolutely ridiculous sending on Scarlet on in added on time. Why not give the lad 10 minutes when he has chance to learn something. 

COYS 

Wasting time mate 

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Wasting time mate 

I think they add on 30 seconds for substitutions. That is often why 3 minutes of added on time lasts for 5 minutes. All clubs do it. It allows teams that chasing for ag a goal time to organise which is why I am puzzled why they do it. 

COYS 

10 minutes ago, Alonso said:

We beat WBA. 

Jose to get a raise in wages 

Mate am not lauding jm ,,,it was a no brainer it’s what had to happen ,,,maybe he learnt another thing about his player’s,,,they don’t like playing his way ,,,he may have adapted his low block pants it only works against certain teams 

I sit here totally baffled. We are beating W.B.A. 2-0 with 30 minutes left to play. We have Everton on Wednesday in the FA Cup. Kane just back from injury and Son obviously inspired by his return. Vinicius and Bale sitting on the bench and hopefully desperate to make a good impression. Why risk injury to our two star strikers by leaving them on ?. I just cannot see any possible advantage in making them play the full match and to bring Son off in the 93rd minute is plain lunacy.

It's as if Jose is mocking the subs, especially Bale, and saying "See, it's me that's in charge, not you".

I'm pleased with the result and it puts us back in the mix for top four but if Jose's intention is to confuse and bewilder the supporters with mind boggling tactical decisions then he has totally succeeded in my case.

If I was Gareth Bale I'd be standing outside his office now and demanding to know what the situation was.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

I sit here totally baffled. We are beating W.B.A. 2-0 with 30 minutes left to play. We have Everton on Wednesday in the FA Cup. Kane just back from injury and Son obviously inspired by his return. Vinicius and Bale sitting on the bench and hopefully desperate to make a good impression. Why risk injury to our two star strikers by leaving them on ?. I just cannot see any possible advantage in making them play the full match and to bring Son off in the 93rd minute is plain lunacy.

It's as if Jose is mocking the subs, especially Bale, and saying "See, it's me that's in charge, not you".

I'm pleased with the result and it puts us back in the mix for top four but if Jose's intention is to confuse and bewilder the supporters with mind boggling tactical decisions then he has totally succeeded in my case.

If I was Gareth Bale I'd be standing outside his office now and demanding to know what the situation was.

He Gareth is not that bothered mate really,,,would he have done the shift off lamela and Lucas ,,,regardless of his pedigree,,,I love him but he doesn’t add that energy anymore 

I agree whole heartedly.  2-0 at 60 minutes both Kane and Son off to rest up for FA v Everton.

and I think that is exactly what Jose is doing.  Showing who is boss.  

Bergwijn has played a ton and didn’t need minutes.  Bale and Vinicius have not and need the time.  Bewildering 

I

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

First two words of that post say it all mate :16:

Mate I said to my 16 year old son ,,,that bales ankles are knackered he can’t do what Moura did ,,,

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I

Mate I said to my 16 year old son ,,,that bales ankles are knackered he can’t do what Moura did ,,,

Bale cannot flout around ,,,running he has lost ,,if ya played him as striker he would have to move and make space ,,,,I believe he is like ledly king ,,,he runs his ankles blow up like  a sand bag he can’t run or do anything for weeks ,,,,ledly never trained cos of his knees ,,,swimming pool fitness 

3 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

He Gareth is not that bothered mate really,,,would he have done the shift off lamela and Lucas ,,,regardless of his pedigree,,,I love him but he doesn’t add that energy anymore 

If he is aware that no matter what he does regarding performance the manager has no real intention of including him in the 'big picture' for the club then I can totally understand his apathy and lack of motivation. We are not privy to what's going on behind the scenes but something is obviously not right. Consider the following players and how they must feel at the moment regarding their involvement in the first team and Jose's plans : Dele Alli, Gareth Bale, Vinicius, Rodon (just left out of Europa Squad).

Bale has played in just 6 league games this season averaging 45 minutes per game, 267 minutes in total. (started only 2 and come on as sub for 4). Forget Europa, it's a different pace and strategy altogether in a two leg set up as opposed to the pressure and pace in a one off leaguegame. The guy needs Premiership minutes under his belt and a grand total of 267/90 = 3 full matches when we've played 22 so far is, in my opinion, insufficient to make the decision not to give him more opportunities.

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Bale cannot flout around ,,,running he has lost ,,if ya played him as striker he would have to move and make space ,,,,I believe he is like ledly king ,,,he runs his ankles blow up like  a sand bag he can’t run or do anything for weeks ,,,,ledly never trained cos of his knees ,,,swimming pool fitness 

I noticed you have 'quoted' your own post mate. Try pressing the 'Edit' button just next to the 'Quote' one. Then you can go into your original post and make any changes you like, delete a bit, add a bit, whatever you want. Then hit the SAVE button in the bottom right hand corner and your post will be updated....sorted :16:

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

If he is aware that no matter what he does regarding performance the manager has no real intention of including him in the 'big picture' for the club then I can totally understand his apathy and lack of motivation. We are not privy to what's going on behind the scenes but something is obviously not right. Consider the following players and how they must feel at the moment regarding their involvement in the first team and Jose's plans : Dele Alli, Gareth Bale, Vinicius, Rodon (just left out of Europa Squad).

Bale has played in just 6 league games this season averaging 45 minutes per game, 267 minutes in total. (started only 2 and come on as sub for 4). Forget Europa, it's a different pace and strategy altogether in a two leg set up as opposed to the pressure and pace in a one off leaguegame. The guy needs Premiership minutes under his belt and a grand total of 267/90 = 3 full matches when we've played 22 so far is, in my opinion, insufficient to make the decision not to give him more opportunities.

You could say that about any off our players fella 

Hojbjerg freedom in the one dm role no sissoko getting in the way ,,Ndombele playing as a no 8 ,,receiving the ball off Hojbjerg,,lamela running around like a headless chicken,,,but was always open to receiving the ball blah blah ,.energy from Lucas running of players to make space even if he didn’t get the ball