Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

FA Cup 5th Round SPURS vs Everton Wed 10/02/21

Recommended Posts

Match Thread.

Must admit I was not looking forward to this one but if we can use the WBA result as a stepping stone, learn and move forward from it then I think we have a genuine chance.

They are not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment and I'm sure Jose would love to get a result against Carlo. I shall predict an extremely close game but we emerge winners 2-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more of the same urgency in our play from the kick off ,,serg is not playing so Doherty is coming in maybe .

hopefully Jose plays Lucas and lamela and doesn’t tinker to much with the side ,,,,3-1 spurs please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

We need more of the same urgency in our play from the kick off ,,serg is not playing so Doherty is coming in maybe .

hopefully Jose plays Lucas and lamela and doesn’t tinker to much with the side ,,,,3-1 spurs please 

Yes that's the one positive I hope he retains from the WBA game, playing Moura and Lamela right from kick off. I'm pretty sure he will :16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we only beat West Brom,,,and Everton are a better side that pose different problems,,,,I just hope a winning side doesn’t get messed with to much for tactical reasons .my son was saying dier might start with toby,,,,which to me is the low block stuff ,,,cos those 2 are so slow we can’t push up ....am watching spurs beat Madrid 1963 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've seen that with Kane in we always have a chance, but without him we have none. We are simple, we depend on Kane and Son to get 2 or 3 goals.

I know that Toby/Dier at the back is a little slow but we can't afford the errors that inserting Sanchez or anyone else would bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched Everton's last 2 EPL games and they played some good football and made plenty of chances and scored 5 goals. 

My heart wants to believe we will turn up and have the edge to win. My head keeps looking back at the 3 EPL games we lost in a row and my confidence falters. I just don't know what to think. 

I am going to keep my fingers crossed and go for a win by a single goal or on penalties after a draw. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the perfect case when world class muppet manager will get back to his normal performance.

Lamela is the only player who gave 110% everytime. 

Lose this one and lose 5-0 at city, then finally sack the idiot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Lamela is the only player who gave 110% everytime. 

Agree with this. If only he was a better player and learned to use his right foot, even occasionally.

As for the game, I would expect us to lose if it was a PL fixture, but JM is hungry for silverware and Everton fancy their chances of a top 4 finish; because of that we could find ourselves fielding a stronger side.

That's my straw and I am clutching it hard !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Agree with this. If only he was a better player and learned to use his right foot, even occasionally.

As for the game, I would expect us to lose if it was a PL fixture, but JM is hungry for silverware and Everton fancy their chances of a top 4 finish; because of that we could find ourselves fielding a stronger side.

That's my straw and I am clutching it hard !

In fairness if you are looking for 110% effort every game then look no further than Hojbjerg. Always puts a shift in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Borodin said:

In fairness if you are looking for 110% effort every game then look no further than Hojbjerg. Always puts a shift in.

True, Hojb is another good example of commitment. I wonder when Lo Celso is back in the team, cos I believe Hojb needs a CM with good passing skills along him. In the last games Ndombele played more like a CM or CDM, where he was not the same player. He is more an attacking midf.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always tough against this lot they've got a good record against us from what I can remember I do remember an FA Cup tie many years ago I think it was the semi or the final I'm talking about the 90s here when they beat us with a not quite last minute strike and I went mad and my girlfriend at the time just got out the way and I ran towards one of her doors and punch the hole in it I was so angry.... to be fair I was only in my early 20s taking too much minerals and and aminos bodybuilding powders probably a little bit of a stress head. 

I like the balance we had in defence the last game hope Aurier fit,  with Sanchez  still have him over Dyer making his stupid mistakes, they both have it in them but I think the Sanchez could be trained and developed still young and he can build up a good partnership with Audewerield and Rodon can step in and take over eventually. 

Dyer Should be getting splinters on the bench and only brought on in desperation or to shaw up just in front of the defence he can't be trusted back there he is a calamity waiting to happen every game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mihai said:

True, Hojb is another good example of commitment. I wonder when Lo Celso is back in the team, cos I believe Hojb needs a CM with good passing skills along him. In the last games Ndombele played more like a CM or CDM, where he was not the same player. He is more an attacking midf.. 

Very good points holjberg been an absolute revelation the fact that he's actually getting forward on attacking a bit more as well should be brought into his game more because he has the ability he can pick out passes really well.  build-up on understanding within ndembele they could switch and take it in turns to go forward because they're both very defensive as you said but got the skills and ndembele especially to get past people to sometimes his last passes lacking he just needs to look up put it in the right place and Kane should give them all training in midfield of how to pass the bloody ball because he's the best midfielder we've got. 

All our midfielders need to stop all the sideways passing and backwards get that ball turn and put that forward passing as more we do that the more we going to be on the break and the more chances we're going to get an attack.

I think this is going to be tough but I think we might sneak it 2-1 or run out with it 3-1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh we all know and so does Jose,,,the only way we win this match is play your best attacking side ,,,we can’t afford to invite Everton on to us ,,cos they will pummel us with crosses from everywhere.

i am not saying play recklessly,,but try and play the match out in midfield,,then play to our strengths up front ,,with good movement off the ball we can we win ,,,1-3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting worried now ,,,a few football sites are predicting,,that ,,dier,winks,Bergwijn,are gonna start also with Doherty,,,

if this happens I think we could be in for a long night of defending 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Getting worried now ,,,a few football sites are predicting,,that ,,dier,winks,Bergwijn,are gonna start also with Doherty,,,

if this happens I think we could be in for a long night of defending 

Predicting .. that's what mystic Meg does isn't it ?? :7:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Lol this prediction comes from football London ,,they are quite good with team selection 

This is their 'forecast'

Lloris; Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies; Winks, Hojbjerg; Bergwijn, Ndombele; Son; Kane.

Be interesting to see how many they get correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Borodin said:

In fairness if you are looking for 110% effort every game then look no further than Hojbjerg. Always puts a shift in.

Hojbjerg is the team's third most valuable player, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Dunno mate if any player needs a rest it’s him ,,,I think he has played every match 

He seems like a tank and not to need or want a rest, but it would be prudent to give him one the nest time we feel it's safe. Of course with our CBs maybe that's never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 4:01 PM, KCspurs said:

I think we've seen that with Kane in we always have a chance, but without him we have none. We are simple, we depend on Kane and Son to get 2 or 3 goals.

I know that Toby/Dier at the back is a little slow but we can't afford the errors that inserting Sanchez or anyone else would bring.

Can’t afford errors - play Dier - have you watched us play this season! Biggest liability in the team! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×